After 15 years, eBay plans to cut off PayPal as its main payments processor - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-01-2018

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 52%
Default Re: After 15 years, eBay plans to cut off PayPal as its main payments processor

The major think I worry about is security checks with possible IDs and socials. Surely, they wouldnt check IDs when many LLC's function with EINS on ebay. But really, you never know. Not to mention the confusion of which processor and who gets paid what when they have cross platforms for customers.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-01-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Re: After 15 years, eBay plans to cut off PayPal as its main payments processor

VERY IMPORTANT, READ:::::::

I'll just say this..."HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF."

Ask your self this: has any ebay or paypal updates ever helped sellers or stealth users? NO.

Every update is more and more bad news, and I can almost GUARANTEE this is bad news.

Also please do not say stupid things like "Adyen will rival PayPal."
That's as dumb as saying eBay will now use Apple Pay and give Apple billions in profits instead of paypal (it's own company).
I'll explain...Ebay owns PayPal, in fact more than 50% of PayPal profits comes from eBay. So eBay will not just dump PayPal (their own company) for another company (Adyen).

Adyen is a small company with few hundred million in profits, eBay will make it earn billionS (with an "s") in profits. Do you think eBay will just give Adyen billions in profits without asking for anything back? No.
Here is the scary thing, that no one has mentioned, and what has happened...eBay will own most of Adyen.

It's like this, say you do $1,000 a month in sales and it's just you, so you own 100% of your company. Say eBay comes along and says I can make you do $10,000 in sales, but you have to give me 80% of your company. Would you do it? Of course. 100% of $1,000 is $1,000 But 20% of $10,000 is $2,000.

If you give eBay or PayPal any piece of information (Bank, card, address, phone number, etc.) do you think it benefits you? No.
They store that information on their servers and will only use it against you to link you to past accounts!

It's like police when they arrest you and say "anything you say or do will be used against you". If you admit crime to cop they will use it against you.

The difference now is it's not just ebay/paypal, it's ebay/paypal/adyen. Also keep in mind Adyen is used on various other sites and apps, so if you get banned on one, you are gone for life on all platforms that uses either.

Also don't be stupid and upload same information from PayPal onto Adyen. All info on all 3 sites ebay/paypal/adyen will be in one database and all information will be used against you to link accounts.

Ebay/Paypal has a ruthless "we can do whatever we want" attitude and now that has passed onto Adyen and all the sites that accept that. It's like a dictatorship from another country that has now acquired your country.

And I haven't even got to the fact paypal is not a bank it's an electronic commerce (e-commerce) company. Adyen is a bank. Which means SSN will be required and public verification of identity.

Lastly, don't say PayPal will still be accepted. Ebay will make it very hard to accept PayPal and do various things to promote Adyen. PayPal will just become like skrill on ebay, it'll be accepted but if you say paypal only (like skrill only) very few will be interested.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jackdanielsbtch For This Useful Post:
gines (02-01-2018), kittylove (05-06-2018), WEI (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah74 View Post
Im thinking, with this new system will we now need to have a bank attached to every ebay account?
Oh yes.

Old 02-01-2018

Longevity: 68%

Will Adyen Give you an option to create personal/business account like paypal and will they require SSN to create an account as well curious still unknown and somewhat worried about this new process
Old 02-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

Just got this message from on one my UK account;

Dear #############

eBay is happy to announce plans to further improve the customer experience by intermediating payments on our Marketplace platform. In doing so, eBay will manage the payments flow, simplifying the end-to-end experience for both buyers and sellers. We have signed an agreement with Adyen, a leading global payments processor, to become our primary payments processing partner. PayPal, a long-time eBay partner, will be a payments option at checkout for eBay buyers.

You do not need to take any action at this time. The transition to full payments intermediation will be a multi-year journey.

Over the past three years, eBay has transformed its business to drive the best choice, most relevance and most powerful selling platform. Building out our payments capabilities is the next step in that strategy.

Payments intermediation will bring significant benefits for eBay sellers. You can expect a simplified pricing structure, more predictable access to funds, and most sellers can expect their costs of payments processing to be reduced. We’re also working on ways to provide sellers a central place to track and manage their business, which can soon include payments information.

By offering buyers more choice in how they pay and expanding payment options into more geographies, eBay believes sellers will be able to reach more buyers and improve conversion.

The transition to full payments intermediation will be a multi-year journey. eBay will begin intermediation on a small scale in North America starting in the second half of 2018, expanding in 2019 under the terms of the Operating Agreement with PayPal. In 2021, we expect to have transitioned a majority of Marketplace customers to the new payments experience.

Again, you do not need to take any action at this time. As eBay gets closer to the initial phase of its intermediation efforts, we will share more details about this process and next steps for sellers. In the meantime, please read the eBay Inc announcement for further information. For any immediate questions or to share feedback, please email paymentsinfouk@ebay.com.

We’re looking forward to what’s next, and to getting there with you.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Kris Beyens,
VP & COO eBay EMEA
Old 02-01-2018

Longevity: 53%

13ooby, phaz0rz I think everyone received same mail from ebay "eBay is happy to announce,..., intermediating Adyen payments on our Marketplace platform,..,to become our primary payments processing partner."

about paypal
The upside will be that in long future term paypal will lose monopoly status on eBay (PP income drop down). What in the effect (I hope) will be to the fact that they will treat users better (people who make money for them & pay thier wages).
about Adyen
we'll we see what comes out... but like jackdanielsbtch write, any ebay updated is making for them not for sellers and probably there will be some hook (difficulties) somewhere on the way.

Last edited by wwwStealth; 02-01-2018 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I tried but I couldn't get caught up with all 50 posts.

The way I read it with eBay's new system, you'll have to go through a merchant account application in order to sell. Meaning EIN accounts might stand a chance but traditional no tax ID accounts are done. That sux.
This would be horrible for stealthers, and account sellers alike. The demand for accounts would be much, much less.
The Following User Says Thank You to nodeal For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
The fact is that stealth is only possible because Paypal is so loose with their verification and requirements. Without Paypal it will become next to impossible to have multiple accounts because any other processor is going to require your SSN or EIN during registration.

The days of USA sellers juggling through a dozen accounts throughout the year in order to avoid giving a tax ID are coming to an end for sure. :(
We will have to wait and see. The uncertainty is not a good feeling for any of us. As long as it is not a black and white "Give your us SSN so we can verify your identity or you can't sell at all" scenario, then we should be able to find work arounds. Some smart crafty people on this board will be hard at work I'm sure finding ways around whatever new system gets implemented. If anything this community has become more important now than ever before.
Old 02-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

My impression is that we won't need a second account with Ayden.

We deal solely with EBay.

In other words, Ayden process payments on behalf of EBay on EBay's site.

EBay at some stage will request Bank Details in order to continue selling on Ebay. That's an eye opener in itself lol.

There is a lot of confusion and misleading information on this Forum already which can give totally the wrong impression.

I think the MODS should start an official thread regarding this with clear information at the earliest convenience.
Old 02-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong2012 View Post
My impression is that we won't need a second account with Ayden.

We deal solely with EBay.

In other words, Ayden process payments on behalf of EBay on EBay's site.

EBay at some stage will request Bank Details in order to continue selling on Ebay. That's an eye opener in itself lol.

There is a lot of confusion and misleading information on this Forum already which can give totally the wrong impression.

I think the MODS should start an official thread regarding this with clear information at the earliest convenience.
The problem is there is no clear information as of yet. Just speculation. In eBay's official announcement, they did leave an email to contact them with questions. I wonder how helpful they would be in answering some questions. I'm going to give it a shot.

Things like SSN verification are not just problematic for us stealthers. eBay is popular for people getting rid of stuff around the house - used clothing, old games, unwanted collectibles, etc. If I was just trying to get rid of some of my personal belongings I would hate to give a SSN.

This flea market, "free for all" style of selling is what separates eBay from other market places in a positive way. In my opinion this niche in online selling and buying is what keeps them afloat. If they are trying to become the new Amazon, somebody has to be smart enough working there to know they will lose that battle brutally.

However we can never be too sure, and like someone mentioned previously, changes usually do NOT work in our favor.
The Following User Says Thank You to nodeal For This Useful Post:
fiercygoat (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I'm just having a hard time being optimistic as someone who's gone through a merchant account application. Not only do you have to give all your personal verifiable information, you have to show where your stock is coming from and prove it's all legit. That's what eBay is hinting at when they say "you'll have to provide some payment-related data", because eBay already has all other data regarding your sales.
Right. "Payment-related data." Very ambiguous. Best case scenario is they want our bank info for payments processing. Worst case is they want SSN, invoices, blood type, etc.

However, I do see the worst-case being somewhat in contradiction to eBay's flea market style selling platform. If I have used stuff around the house I Want to sell, I am going to eBay. I understand changes over the past few years have made it seem like they don't care about the "little guy" on the selling end of things, but at the end of the day they still own this niche in my opinion.
Old 02-01-2018

Longevity: 69%

Ok so i am wornering if this may be a good thing for sellers does ebay have your ssn on file now? If not this may be a fresh start for everyone. On the flipside i can see that this can be very bad if no
Old 02-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

The difference between Ebay asking for your Bank Details and Paypal doing it.

I know who I would rather trust.
Old 02-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

I am just trying to imagine the response when sellers get the email from EBay......

"Give us your Bank Details or you can't sell on EBay"

Something tells me this process is not going to go as planned.

EBay don't exactly have an excellent reputation when it comes to data protection.

I wonder if EBay are testing the Water here to see what the response is?

The response from Sellers and Paypal alike?

Last edited by donkeykong2012; 02-01-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-01-2018
MU

Longevity: 82%

As I’ve said, if you have been doing Etsy stealth (or listened to me in the last two years to do it) as of right now there’s nothing with this update that makes me believe it will be any more difficult as Groupon and other venues have been operating the same way too.

It will probably be easier to sell on there.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
Buffet (02-01-2018), colt63 (02-01-2018), donkeykong2012 (02-01-2018), nodeal (02-01-2018), WEI (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
As I’ve said, if you have been doing Etsy stealth (or listened to me in the last two years to do it) as of right now there’s nothing with this update that makes me believe it will be any more difficult as Groupon and other venues have been operating the same way too.

Yes I believe you are right.

But this is EBay, and their record in competence is worrying.
Old 02-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post

We eagerly await Gladiator's guide to stealth on the new eBay platform
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nodeal For This Useful Post:
BarboraB (02-01-2018), colt63 (02-01-2018), Gladiator (02-01-2018), HelpNeeded (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018
MU

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong2012 View Post
Yes I believe you are right.

But this is EBay, and their record in competence is worrying.
Luckily the platform and checks won’t be handled by eBay.

Adyen uses third party verification and the payment platform is handled by them. Etsy, at one point, used WorldPay which was a hot mess and was also easy to get around. They switched last December to Adyen and it’s been just as easy to get around their checks.

Right now it’s wait and see time, obviously, but unless they drastically change how their platform operates this is not the end of stealth once they merge PayPal into Adyen like Etsy did.

Luckily, for those worried, PayPal should still be stand alone for at least five more years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
donkeykong2012 (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018

Longevity: 42%

What would be the British version of an SSN? A Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR)?
Old 02-01-2018

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
I understand changes over the past few years have made it seem like they don't care about the "little guy" on the selling end of things, but at the end of the day they still own this niche in my opinion.
I think eBay has made it very clear over the last few years that they'd dump every single US based small seller if they get a bigger slice of the China/US trade.
Old 02-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

https://www.adyen.com/our-solution/e...s/marketplaces

https://docs.adyen.com/developers/ma...ay-quick-start

The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
GeorgeUK (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018

Longevity: 48%

So I read we need a bank account. Great. I got a USA ebay account real info. So I need a bank account in the USA now again.

I got a European account also real info. I still have the bank there.

I got a bunch of stealth Canadian accounts. I live there now. So I would need a bunch of bank accounts opened up now along with LLC registered businesses?

The Canadian accounts are all stealth info but as Gladiator said it's smooth and easy.

This is going to suck. Any VBA's you can withdraw with?