What is Vero? Please Read! - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-25-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcutters View Post
If your item(s) gets taken down due to a VERO violation

Does your ebay account get suspended?
I think it changes your policy compliance from good to low to very low to suspended.

I got hit with 2 vero violations at once and all they did was make me take that test. Funny thing it was a patant violation and was not the item i was selling it was because i used a picture of the vero members product instead of the other companies.

Always use your own pictures and text. I think thats why some people put pictures up with a paper with their username on it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-26-2011

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

I really hate vero(i sell real stuff and I get this on 1/2 of my listings)...and there are a few proven methods to get past it...but you will have to search the forums high and low to find it....
Old 02-06-2011

I had a item taken down yesterday and I did not get suspended, just told I need to take a selling tutorial.I believe it is the power sellers of the same product that reported me . My message said that several members of the community reported me to have questionable content.This is total BS and I feel monopolized, why are they allowed and the newish seller not.
Old 02-11-2011

Can you please update us on this? I have had a problem with false accusations from Skullcandy as well...and have been in contact with at least one other seller who also had a problem.

I foolishly tried to deal with Brian Oleksa and Skullcandy without realizing you could file a counter notice. The threats they used against me were crazy...

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-23-2011

Longevity: 75%

you can try
Old 04-26-2011

Longevity: 75%

Actually under the letter of the law and speaking from my past experiences with VERO members they fall under several categories.

Example: Sports jerseys (NFL, MLB, NBA etc) are usually handled by a law firm as "representatives" of the Adidas, Reebok, Mitchell and Ness group (s). They claim to have "experts" who can tell just by the image the seller posted if its real or not...which is bull****. Over the course of time what I've discovered is if you pull an image of a jersey from the internet your chances of having the item removed and receiving a letter from the law firm demanding money is 70% higher than if you use a digital camera and post your own images.

In this case these people are an office of Paralegals who sit around reviewing sports jersey listings on eBay in an attempt to drum up money for the firm by threatening the sellers with prosecution. Normally after the 2nd letter (which doesnt even arrive via certified mail like most legal mail from law offices) they stop the threats and its pretty much forgotten. But trust me, they not only demand up to 500.00, they also demand you report who your supplier is, and expect for you to send all of your current supply to them for destruction.

The only way around them is to have an attorney file a court order to "Cease and Desist", with "Interruption of Business". Trust me..they wont deal with another law firm simply because its not worth the costs to fly out from New York to your judicial court and file a courst case based on assumption from their so called "experts".

The 2nd type is normally an employee of the companys' "brand" that you are selling. This is normally their daily job to search eBay for their products being sold.
Again the red flag is the image you use..always snap your own digital images. Sometimes you can even contact the VERO member and they will contact eBay and the item will be relisted. But stay polite to them no matter how pissed you are.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XHIBIT For This Useful Post:
BubbleTea (04-15-2012), InvisibleK (09-14-2011), TonyV67 (05-31-2013)
Old 04-15-2012

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentnyt View Post
I listed a popular item on Ebay and it was pulled down for VERO. I listed it again a week later under another stealth account and BAM, it's pulled down again - VERO. This identical item is being sold every day by at least 60 different sellers and making a huge profit. Why are my listings taken down and others go on and on daily? Pics were two different pics, different backgrounds, items were rearranged and taken with my camera. Other sellers use stock photos as well as their own photos and get away with it. What's up with that and how can I get my listings to stay? One was BUY NOW and one was auction. Any ideas?
Nobody answered this person's qn.
I wish to know the answer too.
It seems that some people are repeatedly hit while many others are safe for selling hundreds to thousands of the same product.
I can never understand why.
I wish to be enlightened.
Old 04-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

That user's questions were answered privately.

He was trying to only sell items subject to VeRo. He stopped selling on ebay.

You should know by now that ebay has different rules for every account.

Standing advice here is to concentrate on your own account and not be zapped by ebay.

And try to avoid phakes
Old 04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Standing advice here is to concentrate on your own account and not be zapped by ebay.
That's why I'm trying to understand what makes them zap some accounts and not others... so that I can avoid doing what makes them zap.
Old 04-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What does that have to do with VeRo?
Old 04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
What does that have to do with VeRo?
Vero makes them zap accounts, isn't it?
If you get many, or if you just get it when they are in the mood for zapping, or whatever...
Old 04-17-2012

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via AIM to fineart Send a message via Yahoo to fineart Send a message via Skype™ to fineart

Vero translation - Italian word
Means
Authentic,Genuine,Legit,Real,True, Unfeigned
Just a thought