Can we discuss service metrics? INR specifically? Please guys. I need information - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-20-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Can we discuss service metrics? INR specifically? Please guys. I need information

My INR service metric is at 2%. which is very high. Why is it very high? Because my peers have an AVERAGE rate of 0.10%. That's 1 case a year out of 1000 sales. 1. That is impossible. You'll have at least 2 cases out of 1000, just by mistake.

I use USPS. So do all my peers. USPS has a loss rate of 1%, during the best of times. I can't imagine what it is NOW. So ebay is trying to tell me my peers AVERAGE 10 times better, than the shipping service they use. and 20 times better than me. I have another account selling the same stuff, but at a much slower pace. That has a rate of 6%. But only 6 cases, so ebay doesn't count it against me yet.

So, seeing as I am my own peer, how is it possible that the average peer rate is .1%? That's one tenth of one percent. Worst of all, that's only been the case for the past few months. Starting in november, my peers had a rate of 0.00%. ZERO. Not a single peer had a single case for an entire year out of 10,000's of total sales. Or maybe even more. I have 1000 total sales a year. So it's probably 50,000 sales, and I was the only one that had any cases at all? But ebay kept saying that the numbers are right. F YOU ebay. Shove those ⊗⊗⊗⊗ numbers up your ass. The nerve to claim the numbers are real. with peer average being .1%, if you have just 2 cases, you literally have 100% more cases than average, which puts you into very high. It's insane.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Can we discuss service metrics? INR specifically? Please guys. I need information

So guys, PLEASE tell me what your numbers are. I really need to know this information if I want to fight ebay. I've never talked to anyone that has .1%. There would have to be a lot of them, for it to be an average. Average also means half of them are BELOW .1%.

100,000 members on here. I'd kill for just 10 of you guys to respond with your numbers. Screen shots are even better. No identifying information is required
Old 05-20-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Can we discuss service metrics? INR specifically? Please guys. I need information

My USPS loss rate is a tiny fraction of 1% Even 2020 that was atrocious was not close to a full percent. Are your packages being lost all from the same USPS facility? Are you tracking your Items for a full 6 weeks? In December 2020 my average USPS first class delivery time was 23 days. Many orders was over 30 days. Some over 50 days. Won all INR cases except one to South Africa that never showed delivery after 9 months.

When I wintered in Aransass Pass a few years ago, the Corpus Distribution center would loose more than 1% of the items but they always showed up within a few weeks.

Last edited by yankee; 05-20-2021 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-20-2021
Executive [VIP]

I just looked at my worst account.
Transaction defect rate
0.02%1 of 5,925 transactions

Late shipment rate
0.10%6 of 5,886 transactions

Cases closed without seller resolution
0.02%1 of 5,925 transactions

Tracking uploaded on time and validated
98.22%331 of 337 transactions

I had three items lost, all three were going to South Africa. My domestic loss rate on this account was 0%
Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Just to be clear, I'm not saying I'm losing 2% of my shipments. Just that 2% of them are getting cases open against me. Which I typical win, or worse case, have to appeal when the items show up in a couple weeks. Which they seem to do. But ebay, being the assholes that they are, have buyers open a case, when all they want is to ask about their item. So my cases OPENED are high, despite not being at fault in almost all of them, and winning the cases. Even when a buyer opens a case after the item clearly shows delivered, and I win, it's still a defect. So can you please take a look at your service metrics and tell me what those numbers are? Cause that's what's currently kicking my accounts ass.

If you order something form me and choose express priority mail, it gives you a god damn 10 day estimated delivery window. Despite being top rated. Despite having great numbers for late shipments and tracking uploaded and validated. But because post office is taking a long time, cases get opened, and ebay doesn't give a damn that the entire postal industry is slow right now, they haven't changed the numbers for being able to open cases.

And when I call them and ask them why my sales are so slow, and point out that my shipping times are 1-10 times higher than every other seller, they say that has almost no bearing on the search algorithm. Yeah, because we all know ebay hasn't been pushing shipping times as one of THE most important aspects of ebay, to compete against amazon. Sure, sure, having the slowest estimated shipping times totally doesn't put me at the bottom of search results.
Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

https://ibb.co/WyBWwWD

By the way. Technically, is says LESS than .1%. Which could mean anything. Could still be .0% and maybe ebay just deleted that number from their system after I complained about it for 3 months straight lol. So now it's < .1%.

Last edited by james13v; 05-20-2021 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-20-2021

Longevity: 35%

My worst is 0.27 %
My peers on this one are 0.42 %
I am on the lower end of average.
Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle10 View Post
My worst is 0.27 %
My peers on this one are 0.42 %
I am on the lower end of average.
see, .42% is more realistic. Tho the US postal system I think is extra bad. Do you actively keep track of everything you sell, to make sure they get there?

Also, for more clarity, the stuff I sell is less than an ounce, including the small bubble envelope. So it's much easier to misplace. I don't typically have issues with larger packages. But with stuff that you can put a piece of paper on top, and not even notice there is a package under it lol, well, yeah.

Last edited by james13v; 05-20-2021 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-20-2021
Executive [VIP]

So they temporarily bumped you down to standard? If so, it is an ebay system glitch and will be resolved next month IF you are on 3 month terms. If it is a year review, You will need to contact ebay and have them remove those lates/INR that you won. Also, USPS had lack of scans back in December and caused this issue also. All resolved with time and fast shipping.

I have been traveling the past month and missed some things. It appears they are doing away with center and top rated? Maybe the new system is better for your issues.
Old 05-20-2021

Longevity: 37%

These metrics are bull****, I am 100% sure that all sellers in my category have a rate similar to mine yet it shows that the average is 0.20% which is impossible.
The Following User Says Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
james13v (05-20-2021)
Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
So they temporarily bumped you down to standard? If so, it is an ebay system glitch and will be resolved next month IF you are on 3 month terms. If it is a year review, You will need to contact ebay and have them remove those lates/INR that you won. Also, USPS had lack of scans back in December and caused this issue also. All resolved with time and fast shipping.

I have been traveling the past month and missed some things. It appears they are doing away with center and top rated? Maybe the new system is better for your issues.
I'm not talking about seller defects. I'm talking about service metrics, which you can't even talk to a person in the department. Let alone have someone remove something. It's weird how many people either don't know about service metrics or don't pay attention to them. Ebay doesn't seem to make them front and center. But they are very important. We have no way of appealing anything. And because they compare us to peers, it doesn't matter how good we do, it matters how good everyone else does. Except we have no way of actually knowing anything about our peers, and as I've shown, the numbers they provide are completely made up and impossible. I've asked reps if they've ever seen a seller with such low numbers. Not a single one has said yes. THey haven't even tried to lie to me and say yes. No one has these amazing numbers. No one. It's impossible to only have 1 case out of 1000 or 2000 sales or who knows how many, because it's LESS than .1%. So it could be .05% or .02%. And it's impossible that not only do people have only 1 case, but that's the AVERAGE of all my peers.

And no, this has no bearing on being top rated. I'm still top rated.
What they do is, add days, and or WEEKS to my shipping estimates, which makes ebay search algorithm see me as absolutely the worst seller on the site. And this has been going on for 6 months now with no end in sight. This months sales have been the worst they've ever been. Ever. As far as I know, they aren't doing anything with service metrics, and I haven't heard anything about getting rid of top rated? what will they replace it with?

Last edited by james13v; 05-20-2021 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
These metrics are bull****, I am 100% sure that all sellers in my category have a rate similar to mine yet it shows that the average is 0.20% which is impossible.
now imagine how I feel with my <.1% peer average lol. I don't even know the actual number, because it's so low, they don't even put it. Just <.1%

Or the .0% it used to be.

Last edited by james13v; 05-20-2021 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
S
I'm on some ebay video conference with ebay reps. It's powerseller that is going away.
Old 05-20-2021

Longevity: 35%

The reps can’t change service metrics even if you have the late delivery changed it does not change metrics - they just say it is the same for everyone. On the not as described return metrics I was getting high at one point and so offered free returns for ‘just did not like’ option and that changed how returns were opted for. The metrics are a pain as if you allow them to get above the average score they start increasing the final value fee until you drop down to average - need to keep an eye on them. Believe they are to do with legislation to do with distance selling but not sure as have not researched that.
Old 05-20-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
I'm on some ebay video conference with ebay reps. It's powerseller that is going away.
and resolution center... nit sure how that is going to work. Guess I need to do a little reading.
Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
and resolution center... nit sure how that is going to work. Guess I need to do a little reading.
sorry, what? god, why do they have to keep changing things! Just fix what you have NOW. but no, they keep needing new things
Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle10 View Post
The reps can’t change service metrics even if you have the late delivery changed it does not change metrics - they just say it is the same for everyone. On the not as described return metrics I was getting high at one point and so offered free returns for ‘just did not like’ option and that changed how returns were opted for. The metrics are a pain as if you allow them to get above the average score they start increasing the final value fee until you drop down to average - need to keep an eye on them. Believe they are to do with legislation to do with distance selling but not sure as have not researched that.
with INR metrics, they add days to your shipping times .Currently, my priority express mail OVERNIGHT, has a 7-10 estimate. 7 days, if I ship to someone a mile away. 10 days if I ship across the country.

Again tho, problem is, it doesn't matter what score you have, but what your peers have. And my peers have an unrealistic average percentage that is impossible for anyone to actually get even close to. And we also have no way of knowing what the scale is. It's a really ****ed up system that is intentionally ambiguous.

If my peers have 1% as average, how much can I have before I'm above average? Or very high? You can't know, until you actually are. For all we know, they change the the scale whenever they want.
Old 05-20-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
sorry, what? god, why do they have to keep changing things! Just fix what you have NOW. but no, they keep needing new things
If you click on Resolution Center, it now has a bubble at the top of the page that says this:
Upcoming updates to Resolution Center
Resolution Center will be going away soon. You will still be able to create and manage your requests and cases in Seller Hub, My eBay Sold and Purchase History.
Old 05-21-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If you click on Resolution Center, it now has a bubble at the top of the page that says this:
Upcoming updates to Resolution Center
Resolution Center will be going away soon. You will still be able to create and manage your requests and cases in Seller Hub, My eBay Sold and Purchase History.
I've been so burned out by ebay, I've just stopped paying attention to anything they are doing. Just so exhausting.
Old 05-21-2021
Threadstarter  

Come on guys. Please. Help me out. So many people on this forum, and I've only gotten variables to work with for my data set. I really need more to be able to see if there is anything actually going on, or it's all in my head. ebay has spent 6 months trying to gas light me into thinking there isn't a problem.

I have one main account and two smaller accounts. These are real accounts. The stuff I sell can't really be broken down into too many accounts, let alone multiple stealth accounts. SO my real accounts have my sales down almost by half right now.
Old 05-21-2021

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Come on guys. Please. Help me out. So many people on this forum, and I've only gotten variables to work with for my data set. I really need more to be able to see if there is anything actually going on, or it's all in my head. ebay has spent 6 months trying to gas light me into thinking there isn't a problem.

I have one main account and two smaller accounts. These are real accounts. The stuff I sell can't really be broken down into too many accounts, let alone multiple stealth accounts. SO my real accounts have my sales down almost by half right now.

This is normal on eBay, you get around 6 months of good traffic and during the other half of the year you get around 60% of what you used to have.

This happens to all sellers no matter their size.
Old 05-21-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
This is normal on eBay, you get around 6 months of good traffic and during the other half of the year you get around 60% of what you used to have.

This happens to all sellers no matter their size.
This isn't a normal thing. This is specifically because they are punishing me for the service metrics. My sales go up for a quarter and down for a quarter and then up and then down. It's consistent every year, at the exact same times and levels. I never have half a good year and half a bad year. My good quarter was one of my worst ever. So now that I'm in my bad quarter, which is even worse than normal, I have nothing saved from what should have been the good quarter. Right now I'm just bleeding all my current inventory without anything new coming in, and still can't make enough to cover my bills. I'm down 40% from my normal sales for this time of year, from every single year. And ebay rubs it in my face that my market is currently doing better than last year.