60 days has passed, but eBay won't release funds from suspended account. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-01-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Unhappy 60 days has passed, but eBay won't release funds from suspended account.

Hi,

My account was suspended more than 60 days ago (Nov 1st 2021 when I got the email account suspended)The account is in my real name, real address and everything.

I've read multiple posts stating that after 60 days, the funds would be automatically released, but then as of today Feb 1st, it's been 63 days and nothing has been sent.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-01-2022

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 28%
Default Re: 60 days has passed, but eBay won't release funds from suspended account.

You need funds to be released manually by the eBay payment support team. Contact eBay through chat and asked to be transferred to the eBay payment support. Tell them it has been 60+ days from your last transaction/case/suspension and you need your funds manually release. They will escalate this to a higher team which will release them within 7 days.
Old 02-01-2022

Longevity: 13%
Default Re: 60 days has passed, but eBay won't release funds from suspended account.

Mines came automatically after suspension Exactly 60 days
Old 02-02-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinijchai View Post
Hi,

My account was suspended more than 60 days ago (Nov 1st 2021 when I got the email account suspended)The account is in my real name, real address and everything.

I've read multiple posts stating that after 60 days, the funds would be automatically released, but then as of today Feb 1st, it's been 63 days and nothing has been sent.
Could also be a few days extra due to holidays...
Old 02-02-2022

Longevity: 40%

mine came after 60 days also, plus/minus a few days. apparently one of them was waiting on a return case that wasn't closing even though 60+ days had elapsed.... ebays return algo is weird nowadays
Old 02-04-2022
Threadstarter  

Updated : 65 days so far, nothing has been sent to my bank account.
Old 02-04-2022

Quote:

Quote:

Have you contacted eBay payment support?
Old 02-07-2022
Threadstarter  

Angry Re: 60 days has passed, but eBay won't release funds from suspended account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banginonwax View Post
Have you contacted eBay payment support?
I have...some agents say it will take 60-72 days to release, some say they can't verify my info and the funds will be sent to the escheatment process in accordance with state and federal regulations.

But, my INFOS are real name, address, etc.
Old 02-07-2022

Quote:
I have...some agents say it will take 60-72 days to release, some say they can't verify my info and the funds will be sent to the escheatment process in accordance with state and federal regulations.

But, my INFOS are real name, address, etc.

Yes different agents will say different things because they are untrained. If you have received funds before you should be fine. I had agents tell me the same thing. Wait 60-72 after last transaction or case. Some said I couldn’t be verified as well even though I received funds before restrictions. If it has been at least 72 days and funds are not released then it needs to be manually released which takes 5-7 days to review after escalation. I would speak with agents through chat and ask to be transferred eBay manage payment team and asked them for a manual release. This is how I was able to get my funds when one of my accounts didn’t release well after the 72 day mark.
Old 02-07-2022
Threadstarter  

Angry Re: 60 days has passed, but eBay won't release funds from suspended account.

Quote:
Yes different agents will say different things because they are untrained. If you have received funds before you should be fine. I had agents tell me the same thing. Wait 60-72 after last transaction or case. Some said I couldn’t be verified as well even though I received funds before restrictions. If it has been at least 72 days and funds are not released then it needs to be manually released which takes 5-7 days to review after escalation. I would speak with agents through chat and ask to be transferred eBay manage payment team and asked them for a manual release. This is how I was able to get my funds when one of my accounts didn’t release well after the 72 day mark.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. I contacted the payment team, asked for a manual released. The agent said there's no manual release and kept saying the funds would be sent to escheatment process and I have to contact local government for it.

Did you try contacting multiple agent and ask for the release if one would not be willing to release it?

Last edited by vinijchai; 02-07-2022 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-07-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

It's worth trying to call different agents.

what were you suspended for? This could also play a factor
Old 02-08-2022

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 33%

dear try to approach different agents, and ask them for a manual release of funds.
Old 02-08-2022

Longevity: 12%

I did not wait for 60 days, I wrote earlier, after 55 days. The answer in the chat was like this: wait until the end of February, but in the end the money came an hour after the correspondence.
Old 02-08-2022

Quote:
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. I contacted the payment team, asked for a manual released. The agent said there's no manual release and kept saying the funds would be sent to escheatment process and I have to contact local government for it.

Did you try contacting multiple agent and ask for the release if one would not be willing to release it?

Yes I had to contact multiple agents in order to get transferred. They only use the escheatment process if you have never been verified or received funds. An agent told me the same thing about funds being sent to through the escheatment process, but eventually I was able to chat with an agent higher up who forwarded me to the eBay payment support. They then put my funds in manual release though the review process of 5-7 days and I received my funds in 5 days
Old 02-08-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhan01 View Post
dear try to approach different agents, and ask them for a manual release of funds.
Did you contact them via live chat or call? I am only able to contact them though live chat support. Phone call option is not available.
Old 02-08-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovan_r View Post
I did not wait for 60 days, I wrote earlier, after 55 days. The answer in the chat was like this: wait until the end of February, but in the end the money came an hour after the correspondence.
You are very lucky! I was told to wait for 60-72 days and it would be automatically release, if not it would be released by this month (February).
Old 02-08-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes I had to contact multiple agents in order to get transferred. They only use the escheatment process if you have never been verified or received funds. An agent told me the same thing about funds being sent to through the escheatment process, but eventually I was able to chat with an agent higher up who forwarded me to the eBay payment support. They then put my funds in manual release though the review process of 5-7 days and I received my funds in 5 days
Did you call or live chat? If you call, do you know where I can get their phone number? I tried help&contact section it only gives me an option to live chat only on certain topics. If I were to choose account suspension topic, the system won't even let me connect to live agent.
Old 02-08-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
It's worth trying to call different agents.

what were you suspended for? This could also play a factor
The reason is "because of activity that we believe was putting the eBay community at risk."

Here is the exact email from eBay copy & paste

Hello XXX,
We wanted to let you know that your eBay account has been permanently suspended because of activity that we believe was putting the eBay community at risk. We understand that this must be frustrating, but this decision was not made lightly and it’s important that we keep our marketplace safe for everyone. Learn more about how and why accounts can be suspended.

Here’s what you need to know
You will no longer be able to use your account to buy or sell items and any new accounts you set up may also be suspended.
Any listings have been removed and they can be viewed below.
We’ve credited all associated fees except for payments processing fees and the final value fee for your listing(s).
Any outstanding selling fees are due and will be charged to your payment method on file. If you’ve already opened any dispute claims for these fees, they won’t be charged until the claims have been resolved.
If you have any questions or concerns, or think we’ve made a mistake, please get in touch. We’re here to help.
Old 02-08-2022

Longevity: 40%

silly question, but did you have your bank attached? I've gotten suspended on some accounts before I had a chance to attach a bank and that money is as good as gone
Old 02-09-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
The reason is "because of activity that we believe was putting the eBay community at risk."

Here is the exact email from eBay copy & paste

Hello XXX,
We wanted to let you know that your eBay account has been permanently suspended because of activity that we believe was putting the eBay community at risk. We understand that this must be frustrating, but this decision was not made lightly and it’s important that we keep our marketplace safe for everyone. Learn more about how and why accounts can be suspended.

Here’s what you need to know
You will no longer be able to use your account to buy or sell items and any new accounts you set up may also be suspended.
Any listings have been removed and they can be viewed below.
We’ve credited all associated fees except for payments processing fees and the final value fee for your listing(s).
Any outstanding selling fees are due and will be charged to your payment method on file. If you’ve already opened any dispute claims for these fees, they won’t be charged until the claims have been resolved.
If you have any questions or concerns, or think we’ve made a mistake, please get in touch. We’re here to help.
What category of sales? Helps with analysis
Old 02-09-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
What category of sales? Helps with analysis
Health & Beaty (men's products only)
Old 02-09-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
silly question, but did you have your bank attached? I've gotten suspended on some accounts before I had a chance to attach a bank and that money is as good as gone
No questions are silly here, ask away. Yes, I do have my bank account attached.