MC011 - does SSN work as ID? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-03-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
Default MC011 - does SSN work as ID?

US account. my only account... registered for 13 years. questions:

1. "A copy of your driver's license or other government-issued ID (front and back)". does SSN work?
2. they removed all my listings (~500) and ask for invoice. I do have legit manufacturer invoice and authorized dealer invoice but in small quantity. to provide invoice for everything that would be like 300 invoices. any idea?

email:

Restore your selling privileges: Action required

We restricted your account because we noticed activity that we believe is a risk to our community.

This restriction means the following:
- Your selling privileges are temporarily restricted. You won’t be able to create new listings or revise any listings that are live on our site. You also can’t register a new account at this time.
- If you're a seller participating in managed payments, we are withholding your future payouts. You’ll start getting paid again after you resolve your restriction and your account is reinstated.
- Some of your listings may have been removed. You’ll find details of any listings we removed below..
- Any fees paid or payable for listings that are ended and/or hidden from search will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

To help us remove the restriction on your account, you’ll need to:
- Upload the following information:
-- A copy of your driver's license or other government-issued ID (front and back).
-- A copy of a recent credit card statement, bank statement, or utility bill. Your name and billing address should be visible and consistent with your eBay account registration information.
-- Documentation (including manufacturer's invoices or receipts) showing that you purchased the item(s) recently listed for sale on eBay.
Send us your documentation here.
Make sure your documents are current, valid, and legible. Your name and username should appear on each document.
More specific details are provided below.

Once you complete these requirements, reply to this email, and we’ll review your account. We may ask you to provide additional information during our review.

We removed the following listings:
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-03-2023
Threadstarter  

Default Re: MC011 - does SSN work as ID?

btw, ssn is the type of ID recorded in my ebay account (I guess everyone has to provide it right?)
Old 02-03-2023
Threadstarter  

also, similar to another poster, ebay did not remove all of my listings. 20% of all of my listings survived.
Old 02-03-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

no SSN doesn't work as ID. THey are asking for a copy ofan ID
Old 02-03-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
no SSN doesn't work as ID. THey are asking for a copy ofan ID
so foreign passport works?
Old 02-03-2023

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

SSN card is govt issued
Old 02-04-2023

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 80%

Drivers license: they check the dl number

Passport

Military id might work for the other option
Old 02-04-2023

Activity: 82%
Longevity: 46%

the TO got MC011 because of counterfeit complaints , this means that the main issue will not be with ID but it would be better to provide DL

MC011 combined with counterfeits has a high chance of indefinite restriction despite providing all docs
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
yankee (02-04-2023)
Old 02-04-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

and SS card is not an ID.

I would ask specifically what item they want docs for. You can upload 499 invoices but it if doesn't include what they are looking for it wastes everyone time.

They will also want proof of payment with YOUR name, address, etc... matching Sometimes a bank statement is OK. You will need to make sure your ebay user ID is on every upload. If not, they will ask for them again with your User ID on every page.

Odds are, you will not be reinstated even after all the hoops. Good luck
Old 02-04-2023
Executive [VIP]

This seems to be the reason for so many of these ID/bank statement requests this past six weeks.
https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blo...671941841.html

If you dont have everything they ask for, it is very hard to get the selling privileges back. The more you upload, the more they ask for.

When you figure out exactly what items they want Manufacturer invoices for, make sure your other accounts are ready for docs for round 2.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
rsot (02-05-2023)
Old 02-04-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
This seems to be the reason for so many of these ID/bank statement requests this past six weeks.
https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blo...671941841.html

If you dont have everything they ask for, it is very hard to get the selling privileges back. The more you upload, the more they ask for.

When you figure out exactly what items they want Manufacturer invoices for, make sure your other accounts are ready for docs for round 2.
this is likely copied from Europe , this has been in place there for years in almost the same form
Old 02-04-2023
MU

Longevity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by guoguo914 View Post
US account. my only account... registered for 13 years. questions:

1. "A copy of your driver's license or other government-issued ID (front and back)". does SSN work?
2. they removed all my listings (~500) and ask for invoice. I do have legit manufacturer invoice and authorized dealer invoice but in small quantity. to provide invoice for everything that would be like 300 invoices. any idea?

email:

Restore your selling privileges: Action required

We restricted your account because we noticed activity that we believe is a risk to our community.

This restriction means the following:
- Your selling privileges are temporarily restricted. You won’t be able to create new listings or revise any listings that are live on our site. You also can’t register a new account at this time.
- If you're a seller participating in managed payments, we are withholding your future payouts. You’ll start getting paid again after you resolve your restriction and your account is reinstated.
- Some of your listings may have been removed. You’ll find details of any listings we removed below..
- Any fees paid or payable for listings that are ended and/or hidden from search will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

To help us remove the restriction on your account, you’ll need to:
- Upload the following information:
-- A copy of your driver's license or other government-issued ID (front and back).
-- A copy of a recent credit card statement, bank statement, or utility bill. Your name and billing address should be visible and consistent with your eBay account registration information.
-- Documentation (including manufacturer's invoices or receipts) showing that you purchased the item(s) recently listed for sale on eBay.
Send us your documentation here.
Make sure your documents are current, valid, and legible. Your name and username should appear on each document.
More specific details are provided below.

Once you complete these requirements, reply to this email, and we’ll review your account. We may ask you to provide additional information during our review.

We removed the following listings:
Time to going sealth
Old 02-05-2023

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
and SS card is not an ID.

I would ask specifically what item they want docs for. You can upload 499 invoices but it if doesn't include what they are looking for it wastes everyone time.

They will also want proof of payment with YOUR name, address, etc... matching Sometimes a bank statement is OK. You will need to make sure your ebay user ID is on every upload. If not, they will ask for them again with your User ID on every page.

Odds are, you will not be reinstated even after all the hoops. Good luck
Username on bank statements? How exactly is that done? You print everything then take pictures on a camera? I never have done that.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
yankee (02-05-2023)
Old 02-05-2023

Longevity: 53%

I also have a request here to provide ID and utility bill.Provided them, but just got a reply with the same message asking to provide it again. Is that true that now they want every document to have user ID on it? How that should work?
Old 02-05-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
I also have a request here to provide ID and utility bill.Provided them, but just got a reply with the same message asking to provide it again. Is that true that now they want every document to have user ID on it? How that should work?
We took a copy of the docs and hand wrote the user ID on it.
Old 02-05-2023

they do not want user ID on docs , they want to see ID+bank statement/utility bill + invoice

all info has to match ebay details , invoices are tricky as they may be completely useless if the reason for MC011 is copyright or sales volume not matching selling history , they work best if there are performance issues or if account was not restricted on high volume sales accompanied by lots of non delivery disputes
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (02-07-2023)
Old 02-05-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
No, they do not want to see user ID on the docs, just that the relate to the account owner. Our user ID is just a made up sales ditty, it bears no resemblance to our official business name or registration details.

I suspect they are rejecting the docs because of quality issues, not being legible is one claim they've thrown at me. It's all automated nobody actually looks at them. In my case I suspect the initial image I submitted was rejected because of glare from the glossy part of a lazily taken passport photo. I put a bit more effort in, and it was then accepted.
Old 02-05-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
No, they do not want to see user ID on the docs, just that the relate to the account owner. Our user ID is just a made up sales ditty, it bears no resemblance to our official business name or registration details.

I suspect they are rejecting the docs because of quality issues, not being legible is one claim they've thrown at me. It's all automated nobody actually looks at them. In my case I suspect the initial image I submitted was rejected because of glare from the glossy part of a lazily taken passport photo. I put a bit more effort in, and it was then accepted.
I have a tiny glare on the ID, it does not block any data. This ID has been accepted twice, but through the Ayden verification form. Now they ask it through the standard ebay document upload form. I highly doubt it is automated there, as they get back in more than a day.
Old 02-05-2023

Longevity: 72%

I've only had one MC011 and I was very doubtful about my chances passing it because eBay are just pains... but I uploaded everything they requested and my account was restored. So, there's hope.
Old 02-05-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjump View Post
I've only had one MC011 and I was very doubtful about my chances passing it because eBay are just pains... but I uploaded everything they requested and my account was restored. So, there's hope.
Did they ask ID and utility bill? How long did it take to restore account?
Old 02-05-2023

they always ask for proof of address and ID , processing is fast , it may be 1-3 days
Old 02-05-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by guoguo914 View Post
so foreign passport works?
Yes it does work, but most likely they'll ask for a document with your name and address on top of it.