eBay new print shipping label policy, can't be true? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-28-2023

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 20%
Default eBay new print shipping label policy, can't be true?

I'm shipping a bunch of orders and i say 95% are printed on ebay, i created a Fedex label, less than $20.00 and my ship carriers picked up all orders, this includes UPS, FedEx and USPS, all so far so good. After about 1 week, i do a general audit of all shipments to make sure everything arrived and low and behold, one FedEx shipment shows no scan, however, i know it was collected. So, we shipped a replacement to customer and i went to cancel the FedEx label and get a refund, well eBay tells me sorry, its been over 24 hours, you cant cancel the ship label, but.... my eBay payments were deducted the fee for the ship label, before this, the carrier scans and then you get charged, but now eBay is collecting the funds as soon as label is printed and if not used within 24 hours, tough luck.

This can't be legal, let alone accurate?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-29-2023

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: eBay new print shipping label policy, can't be true?

Hehe sounds like egay to me, sadly it's the wild west. In some ways they are better with MP, in other ways they seem to be getting worse. Perhaps chat with support can refund the label, but I use an external company so I can't really say
Old 09-29-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Doesn't seem legal or accurate - as Automasters indicated, you are going to have to chat with support to see what can be done
Old 09-29-2023

Thanked 1,111 Times in 1,047 Posts
Activity: 92%

yes,Ebay has made changes,go to Ebay to learn more.
I think Ebay has encountered some cases where the sellers do not have enough money to cover the shipping expenses

can you get the $$ back from Fed Exp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit2020 View Post
I'm shipping a bunch of orders and i say 95% are printed on ebay, i created a Fedex label, less than $20.00 and my ship carriers picked up all orders, this includes UPS, FedEx and USPS, all so far so good. After about 1 week, i do a general audit of all shipments to make sure everything arrived and low and behold, one FedEx shipment shows no scan, however, i know it was collected. So, we shipped a replacement to customer and i went to cancel the FedEx label and get a refund, well eBay tells me sorry, its been over 24 hours, you cant cancel the ship label, but.... my eBay payments were deducted the fee for the ship label, before this, the carrier scans and then you get charged, but now eBay is collecting the funds as soon as label is printed and if not used within 24 hours, tough luck.

--------
This is the way it works with Etsy,you print,you pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
big companies still swear by them - though amazon does prefer ups it seems
Fed Exp is used by businesses,the driver goes to the office and they are open for business,he does not have to wait at the gate or punch a number to get inside an apt complex.
He does not have to wander around once inside trying to find the apt number.
Or he could try to drop it off at the leasing office,but sometimes that office is temporarily closed as the clerk is out showing the apt to potential renter. or he has gone to lunch/

I notice more businesses are using USPS as it is cheaper.
UPS also uses USPS for the last mile

DHL is bigger than Fed Exp,

Quote:
why would you pay with your bank instead of with credit card? these companies should not have direct access to your bank...
some companies want a bank account,not a credit card.

USPS has similar rules as well,there is a time limit on when you can cancel a shipping label.
There is an exception ,cant recall details,like 30 days?

Last edited by TGMT²; 10-01-2023 at 08:55 PM. Reason: double posting
Old 09-29-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit2020 View Post

Well, just so you know fedex is now the worst service you can use.
EXPENSIVE as hell and they are ALWAYS late or they misdeliver.

They contract non fedex employees to do their deliveries now and these people are a piece of work
Old 09-30-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post

They contract non fedex employees to do their deliveries now and these people are a piece of work
big companies still swear by them - though amazon does prefer ups it seems
Old 09-30-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 3%

Quote:

FedEx took VAT and Customs Fees from my bank without my permission lol. And when I submitted a dispute with them they never paid me back. RIP that £50 I'll never see again I assume.

Everytime I buy products wholesale I always tell them to use literally any other shipping provider now. FedEx spreading their cancer from the United States to the rest of the world slowly but surely. I wish someone would blow the whole company up.
Old 10-01-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtsyScamp View Post
FedEx took VAT and Customs Fees from my bank without my permission lol. And when I submitted a dispute with them they never paid me back. RIP that £50 I'll never see again I assume.

Everytime I buy products wholesale I always tell them to use literally any other shipping provider now. FedEx spreading their cancer from the United States to the rest of the world slowly but surely. I wish someone would blow the whole company up.
why would you pay with your bank instead of with credit card? these companies should not have direct access to your bank...
Old 10-01-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

When this happens eBay calls it the cost of doing business.
Old 10-01-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtsyScamp View Post

THey are currently merging all their divisions.

But for now forget getting to talk to a real person and when you do, forget getting any kind of resolutions.
Old 10-03-2023

Quote:
I don't have one, its not mega common in the UK to have a credit card, even for smaller businesses. and I never authorised any charges to begin with? I gave them my Business's Bank account Debit Card upon registration because it was a registration requirement. Only to find out that the US Companies are literally worse than dog sh*t laying on the street. I have never had an experience with a company where they have taken money from my bank account without atleast asking first.

You also aren't allowed to remove your debit card from your account either without contacting them directly through email/phone? (Which I did btw, twice, they told me to go to the website?) Who in the living hell sets these business standards. Genuinely don't know one EU/UK Corporation that does this and its amazing they are allowed to get away with it.

And you're right, they shouldn't have direct access to my bank and they don't. Still didn't stop them though!

I order stock from Alibaba, I pay full VAT. The parcel enters the country and FedEx messages me they need a payment to cover VAT. They deliver the parcel anyway as is their standard to not hold up deliveries (more that they don't wanna hold or store your parcels, not out of kindness, lets be real)

I open a FedEx account using my Address, completely seperate from them asking me for money. I wanted to see their shipping calculator for parcels, just to get an idea of pricing and randomly got hit with the payment they were requesting on a different email/ip address. They didn't even verify anything. If my mum opened a FedEx account and put her card in, she would've been charged the £50 that I 'owed' lol. The address is literally the only thing they knew before charging the payment. If you had of opened a fedex account and used my address you would've been charged on my behalf. Pretty f*cking crazy, right? I owed £8 in Duty fees and £42 in VAT, ended up paying nearly £90 in total VAT since I paid twice.

Last edited by EtsyScamp; 10-03-2023 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-03-2023

Quote:
THey are currently merging all their divisions.

But for now forget getting to talk to a real person and when you do, forget getting any kind of resolutions.
Its easy to talk to a person, too bad the first part of their script is to redirect you back to the website where they don't have to deal with you. Ive tried twice to call them and both times I have been told to raise a dispute on site. Didn't even get an email confirming my dispute haha. Atleast when I make a claim with Royal Mail I got a case number immediately to my email. (As I should if I ever need to follow anything up).
Old 10-03-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 4%

eBay used to charge Fedex and UPS labels when they are scanned in, but from what I have heard, some accounts didn't have funds after numerous labels and the carriers decided they wanted to charge at the time of printing (just as you would pay in a store). If you make a mistake or don't use it, you have to void it within 24 hours. You can also use a shipping program like Shiprush and integrate your own Fedex account and void labels after 24 hours if you need. Or, check your Fedex and UPS shipments within 24 hours
The Following User Says Thank You to bluefin02 For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023

Longevity: 40%

I've had them void a USPS a lable after it wouldn't show up as voidable in ebay labels area. I contacted them to do it
The Following User Says Thank You to 0nelove For This Useful Post:
ebizz (10-10-2023)
Old 10-03-2023

Thanked 1,111 Times in 1,047 Posts
Activity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefin02 View Post
eBay used to charge Fedex and UPS labels when they are scanned in, but from what I have heard, some accounts didn't have funds after numerous labels and the carriers decided they wanted to charge at the time of printing (just as you would pay in a store). If you make a mistake or don't use it, you have to void it within 24 hours. You can also use a shipping program like Shiprush and integrate your own Fedex account and void labels after 24 hours if you need. Or, check your Fedex and UPS shipments within 24 hours
There was a time all these carriers will pay your customs duty and expect you to repay them,but then some customers never do,so they stop doing it.
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
ebizz (10-10-2023)
Old 10-04-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
There was a time all these carriers will pay your customs duty and expect you to repay them,but then some customers never do,so they stop doing it.
FedEx still pays your Customs Duty and VAT in the UK. Not sure how it operates in the US.
The Following User Says Thank You to EtsyScamp For This Useful Post:
ebizz (10-10-2023)