Ebay Buyer Trying To Rip Me off, what do i do??? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2010
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%

how come you ask me a pointless question based on whether i know something or not when you know i dont know it and i have posted about 9 posts saying i dont know it, and im asking what happens?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-15-2010
Threadstarter  

boomer, you sir, are nuts. so let me ask you this boomer, you either arent reading what im saying and arent understanding, or you simply have never encountered someone trying to scam you or have never been ripped off. and no your way off, its not jewelry. this is an item that has certifiable value, an item that has been professionally graded and the buyer in fact knew what he was getting and that was what i shipped. and actually boomer, despite your ignorance in stating that i should get a real job, i have a real job, and its protecting your daily freedoms that you enjoy each day. without people like me, you wouldnt have, people like you are who make my job difficult. while i risk my while for my job, to protect your daily freedoms and safety you enjoy, and all i do is ask a simple question for help in an area you might be more familiar with, you have to respond to me like that. well done. bravo. thank you.

so boomer let me ask you this, if you shipped an item to someone, a very popular item.
an expensive item where their is no mistaking what it is what you shipped or what the value of it is, say such as a very high end laptop you personally boxed it up, tracked it, shipped it secured it etc. then in a few days your buyer says its a cheap worthless book then your saying you would say, ok , go ahead and send me back the book and i will refund all your money. you would do that boomer? you would loose thousands of dollars on your laptop to recieve a worthless book in return. all that, for what??? lol. please explain that scenario to me boomer, as to what you would do. i want to hear this.
Old 01-15-2010

Longevity: 91%

When you are selling an item that is worth thousand's of dollars, you probably need to do some research on how to protect yourself before you ship this out to just anyone. Specially when it appears this has happened to you already...Based on the facts and not anything else, I think PayPal will most likely side with the buyer....weather you are right or not. They will try to get the money from you and probably ruin your credit if this was not stealth account....Makes me understand why is PayPal such a pain even when lesser amounts are in question.
Old 01-15-2010
Threadstarter  

you must have not read what i said, or understood for that matter, cause ur post just made yourself look very unintelligent, cause you basically just stated the you would in fact refund thousands of dollars to recieve that 50 dollar book. lol, great business stratedgy, your right, why dont anytime someone tries to scam me i just give up and refund them all their money, and take the book. thats great business and customer service. your right. im sure that would make the scammer very happy to.
Old 01-15-2010

I would hope that real country protectors don't have the time or wish to spend hours at the computer trying to figure out ebay, paypal and such.
Old 01-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish900 View Post
boomer, you sir, are nuts. so let me ask you this boomer, you either arent reading what im saying and arent understanding, or you simply have never encountered someone trying to scam you or have never been ripped off. and no your way off, its not jewelry. this is an item that has certifiable value, an item that has been professionally graded and the buyer in fact knew what he was getting and that was what i shipped. and actually boomer, despite your ignorance in stating that i should get a real job, i have a real job, and its protecting your daily freedoms that you enjoy each day. without people like me, you wouldnt have, people like you are who make my job difficult. while i risk my while for my job, to protect your daily freedoms and safety you enjoy, and all i do is ask a simple question for help in an area you might be more familiar with, you have to respond to me like that. well done. bravo. thank you.
Great, Keep your real job. I don't think ebay is cut out for you.

Quote:
so boomer let me ask you this, if you shipped an item to someone, a very popular item.
an expensive item where their is no mistaking what it is what you shipped or what the value of it is, say such as a very high end laptop you personally boxed it up, tracked it, shipped it secured it etc. then in a few days your buyer says its a cheap worthless book then your saying you would say, ok , go ahead and send me back the book and i will refund all your money. you would do that boomer? you would loose thousands of dollars on your laptop to recieve a worthless book in return. all that, for what??? lol. please explain that scenario to me boomer, as to what you would do. i want to hear this.
So why don't you go contact PAYPAL Directly. See if they give better straight to the point answers.
Old 01-15-2010
Threadstarter  

i am elgible for selling protection. however, its a mess none the less, and simply refunding the money is not an option. i have people who were eligible for seller protection, and yet they still only recieved a fraction of the amount 50 dollars on a 2k item, when it clearly stated he would be covered for the full purchase if paying through paypal on their terms and agreement and service they provide. yet because they were unable to recover the funds. this person didnt recieve anything money then some type of fee they covered for 50 bucks.

and lyda, im selling an item for thousands of dollars because i dont knickle and dime on ebay, when you have alot of money, you can afford to buy high end items in bulk for good prices, then re sell for just a little above what you paid for it while still making a killing. high end items are different from what you normally sell. however i have only had this problem once, and when you deal in high end items, if any of you have, you would know that ocassionally the brings in and catches the eye of the occasional scamming buyer. why on earth would they side with the buyer? on what basis and what facts. and how can i be responsible to return the funds, if the facts and basis on which that decision is made are so minimal and lacking? from a legal standpoint, if their is insufficient evidence, then almost every time it is impossible to convict anyone of any type of crime. convictions are based on mainly that and that alone. evidence. so from a legal stand point i am curious as to that.
im sure he could take me to small claims court but even then, in the court of law you need concrete proof, its a different world then paypal, the court of law is much different. you need solid and concrete evidence, and in the end its his word against mine, i can prove i shipped it, hes just claiming its something different. you say they will run my credit, how on earth does paypal have any jursidiction on what they can do to someones credit? is that really what they will do? ding it onto my credit or transfer it to a collections agency? these are the things i really need to know. thanks
Old 01-15-2010
Threadstarter  

great, keep being the type of person u are boomer. im sure it will get you real far in life. what a great person and sheer genius you are. you just stick to being exactly what you are a _______. that part which ill just leave anonymous. lmao

who wants to play fill in the blank?
Old 01-15-2010

Why would a "scammer" want to take you to a court of law? And yes, it may be at the end "his" word against yours. Hope it's not a written one............
Old 01-15-2010

ohhhh i wanna play i wanna play fill in the blank. how about

ignorant arrogant knit wit?

i think that works. kingfish900 i can understand your frustration none of these peoples posts have been very helpful or answered your question. unfortunately i dont know that answer and was wondering the same thing because i had a friend who had the same thing happen to him. you are correct buyers do do this type of stuff all the time. as for your job i appreciate all that you guys do whatever variance of service you might be in. ignore post from boomer.

some people are just like that. their are other people who will help. but im sure that because of your passive agressive posts the mods are going to ban you. you see the thing is mods and vips or whatever seem to be able to berate and put down people asking questions in a passive manner. but the second you do the same to them when they make a post thats a bit pointless you get banned. hopefully thats not the case. wish i could be of more help but i dont know personally what paypal will do. im with ya though and gl.
Old 01-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

You didn't receive the item back from the buyer yet and you assume it is a cheap book that you are going to get. If you have the money already out of your paypal account and you don't plan on refunding the buyer then go close your bank account first thing in the morning. Start a New Stealth Account and don't look back.

In the event paypal sides with the buyer they will put your account into negative and you will not be able to send or receive funds until the balance is paid.

Is there even a Paypal dispute opened?
Old 01-15-2010
Threadstarter  

thank you ringo, i appreciate that man. and yes i am very frustrated, while i understand its not the peoples resonibility here to help me, nor their obligation to just help me second i have some type of question or problem you would think that if people were going to they would do it in a different manner rather then act as if you are some type of bad guy in the whole thing, or in a passive pompous non helpful manner for that part. but eh, some people are just like that dude. i dont know what paypal will do either, i am still trying to find that out for certain.

and lydia, often times , you wouldnt probably know this. but in my job, when you are dealing with a terrorist, or a criminal or a vagabond scum, you often times have to think like them to understand what their are doing, or what they are going to do. you have to stoop to their level to beat them and you have to think like they think. it is the same for a scammer someone trying to rip you off, this situation is no different. i know what his play is, i know what hes doing, and i know what he could do. he wouldnt take me to the court of law, he would be able to take me to small claims court and possibly file some type of report, depending on how bad he wants to pursue the money or whether he just gives up and moves onto his next victim. you see for him, their are no repercussions, their is no way for me to really dispute what he is saying other then i did in fact ship the item. and can prove i shipped it. how the hell do i prove that he recieved a worthless item which wasnt the item on the auction??? there really is no way. so he could if he wanted take me to small claims court i suppose but that would cost him money. as for paypal you are probably right, my only repercussion would be a dinged credit from paypal, but whether they have the jurisdiction to do that i dont know, dont know how accurate that is, where are you getting that from? and surely their as to be some way to dispute that with paypal. they cant just go around screwing peoples credit just because a buyer claims something and has no proof? and what do you mean by written one? in the end it is his word against mine. but i still just really would like to know what paypal can do or what they are capable of in this situation.
Old 01-15-2010

Ringostar to the rescue.. His first post cause he wants to play.
Old 01-15-2010
Threadstarter  

thank you boomer, that was all i was asking. i dont plan on looking back, i just would really like to know what their capable of or what the repercussions are. and i know for fact he will ship me a book back, because the persons feedback has quite a few negatives. i suppose i am at fault for dealing with such a person. and not investigating them, but who would have thought you would have to do such a thing with buyers. clearly you do. i know its basically a cheap book im getting because their is no reason for him to claims its something entirely different then send me the actual item i shipped. why would he do that? he has made it pretty clear, in our on going back and forth communcation, that the book is basically what im going to get. so that is it then? no repercussions other then that boomer? i just wont be able to use the account for any activity? thats all i was looking for. thank you. i will start over with stealth accounts, it sucks but it is my best option. i will just do a better job in protecting myself as a seller in the future.
Old 01-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Going to be ringo's last post if he makes smart comments again.
I'm closing the thread for 20 minutes. I have a massive headache from the fighting going on.

Kingfisher, you have a bad attitude. Don't be insulting, and when you post again, no life stories. Simple, unemotional facts.

Ringostar , you have a bad attitude.
Old 01-15-2010
Threadstarter  

lol @ ringo star. his post was funny at the time.
and yes it is in a dispute right now boomer. and yes the funds are already out of the account and the account has been canceled. are their any other repercussions or things to worry about from paypal as far as the negative balance?

ive already gotten started with new accounts so im not really to worried about the old one although this is a working account i have had for some time and had high dsr ratings and feeback ratings on. depending on how it plays out i might even be able to salvage them but that is not likely scenario at all.
Old 01-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

kingfish900 and ringostar have the same IP.

Both using a proxy.

Been a long exchange of pms to resolve things. Thread reopened to allow closure for the OP.
Old 01-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
would you do that greenbean? refund someone their money when they are claiming what you sent them is a worthless item, when you in fact know you sent the correct item? where does customer service come into play here? you tell me. would you refund the money take a huge financial loss just to save an account? i dont understand the logic in that. only to recieve a worthless item in return from the buyer?
I would not consider a full refund.

I would attempt to get a partial refund.

Here's the problem,imho, logic does not always come into business dealings. As part of the **** called customer service, you have to cop a blow on the chin.

Saving an account? Well I would go that way,yes. Why? ebay/paypal these days stinks. Fact of life. Scammers, fact of life. But I attempt to deal with both as well as I can to lie straight in my bed. I believe in Karma. that scammer will get bitten and rightly so.
Old 01-15-2010
Threadstarter  

thank you for you opinion and advice. unforunately i tried this, earlier today, i offered to refund 30% to the buyer and said he could keep the item. this immidiately satisfied him. which only confirmed to me that he is scamming me. because if he really did recieve the incorrect item, why on earth would he take only a 30% refund on a very expensive item. on top of that he claiming the item he recieved is practically worthless to what he was supposed to recieve. so of course any extra profit or amount would satisfy him. because of the high expense of the item 30% was as high as i am willing to go. i am more concerned now with starting from scratch and am already working on that with stealth accounts and starting there. I am getting no where with the buyer. my concern now is what paypal is going to do to resolve the neg balance on the account as funds will not be recovered.
Old 01-15-2010
Threadstarter  

unforunately taking a loss or blow to the chin as you say is simply not an option for me. i was banking on these funds. it will cripple me. this is a very expensive item. its just not an option. even 30% is to significant. so if i have to take it up the rear from paypal and hear it from them so be it. i just want to know how far they are going to go or what their options are so im prepared ahead of time. if push comes to shove ill come to some type of settlement agreement with paypal, if they choose to re imburse the buyer for the full purchase, however i dont think they are going to cover it because it is a good chunk of coin. Maybe a small portion. Whos to say, its a mess. It could just end up in my favor and go away. but i need to know if i would be obligated to cover the full cost if they rule in the buyers favor. or what happens if i dont. because i simply cant. its not an option unless i recieve my actual auction item back from the buyer, then all could be squared away.
Old 01-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Is the Paypal account under your Real Info? Do they have your SS#?
If you don't pay back the negative balance paypal will close your account and put it in collections. You will be getting calls from the collection agency. After they make a certain number of failed attempts they will send it to the legal departments where you will get notices from the Paypal Lawyers and and it will go on your credit for 7 years.

The collection agency will not agree with a discounted settlement. They will expect you to pay the full balance owed. But if it goes to the Lawyers you probably may have a chance to come up with an agreed settlement.

From experience I paid my balance when it got to the collection Agency stage because it was my Real Info. Even though my paypal account was never reinstated and I was never permitted to use paypal again. I looked at the big picture and I needed my good credit record.

BooMer
Old 01-15-2010
Threadstarter  

thank you, that was the type of answer i was looking for. someone who has had a similar experience. is this basically a guranteed process that happens, and yes the account is all legitimate info. so again, this is basically guranteed to happen? they are going to go through all the work of hiring attorneys, and they are really that capable of ruining someones credit, when its just a matter of one persons word against another, how could they do such a thing in such a scenario, when their is no concrete proof or anything valid what so ever to validate the buyers claim? what is so stop buyers from all over the world from doing what this guy is doing? well thank you.
Closed Thread