Thats all we need HUGE BOLD Buyer Protection page - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-07-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Thats all we need HUGE BOLD Buyer Protection page

so I go to log in on ebay, and instead of the regular home page , what do I see

SCREAMING BUYER PROTECTION PAGE

1) solve problems quickly with our buyer support - translate: **** your seller quickly with our buyer support, as any cases filed with seller count against seller in ebay's new rating system

2)we'' work with seller to make it right - translate: we'll shaft the seller , and give you your purchase for free

3)Its included with your ebay purchases - Translate: shafting your seller is included with your ebay purchase..

How do they think this looks to a buyer?? They are broadcasting that they ASSUME a problem is likely , but will cover your *** when it does happen. They are grooming a generation of trigger happy buyers, just in time for the Xmas season.

brilliant marketing !!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-07-2010
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
as any cases filed with seller count against seller in ebay's new rating system
And this is the part I am most worried about.

With sellers only allowed 2 per year, keeping TRS will be a distant dream very soon.
Old 10-07-2010

Longevity: 78%

Regards the screaming buyer protection marketing I think it an extremely bad choice. For the the mature ebayer I deduct there's a major hidden problem, either they go paranoid about the quality of their selleres or they are currently losing buyers. To make it worse the picture of ebay founder is such sentimental, it recalls ebay times without witchhunting of Vero, Mblabla teams and paypal freezers. Bottom line they must have problems and in my opinion very much self inflicted. I generally lose 1 out of 10 international costumers who refuses (rightfully) to become a paypal member. In my opinion this marketing is an indirect great news!
Old 10-07-2010

If it gets rid of the nobody sellers faster then ebay will be happy, as the really big sellers do not have to worry about TRS or feedback, they can screw as many customers as they like and ebay will do all they can to make them look good.

The only thing I am wondering is how many products are there from big companies on there?

I mean, if you remove all the small to medium sellers and their product what would be left on ebay and would it be enough to draw in customers? If you look at the stuff from companies like BUY.com or the others of that size, then most of the stuff I can buy from the local poundstore without the hassle. And do they have enough draw to bring in the customers that ebay are bringing in now, I just doubt it or the likes of BUY, who have their own site, would not need to jump on the ebay band waggon.

I still think this is all going to jump up and bite them when they get their way, and they will eventually, as in reality it would be so easy to remove us from their site.
Old 10-07-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 80%

big sellers have as much to worry about as smaller and medium sellers, I have seem sellers with 1000's fb per month go down

its more than just TRS at risk, you can be suspended for having more than allowed, not sure what that number is.

And even though you may resolve the issue with your buyer through the system, just he fact that they opened the case counts against you , even if it was made in error. This error happened to me once by a noob. I asked her why she opened a case instead of just emailing me her question , she said, she didn't know, she just though that was a good way of contacting me.

How about open a case and don't respond to it? still counts against you.

I really have issues with they way they are using the buyer protection thing- it is marketed to the buyer as the way to go for dealing with your seller, and no measure is being made to have the buyer contact you with their issues.
Old 10-07-2010
MU

Longevity: 81%

I use hotmail and comcast for email and I look at the banners on the side and I see these days alot of ebay buyer protection. So they are everywhere now with the new banners of buyer protection.

I totally agree this is a new strategy since ebay must be checking statistics that they are losing alot of buyers instead of checking on its seller strategies.

THIS REALLY SUCKS!
Old 10-07-2010

Longevity: 89%

Why bother to keep accounts, create and age as many as you can so that if the day comes your already a step ahead. I stopped getting upset a long time ago about negatives, protection cases, what have you since I have found this site. They make it impossible for a seller to make it these days just look at stupid the ceo looks they need to hire sellers who understand what it is like to try and make money on that site.
Old 10-07-2010

JEM

The real big sellers do not have to worry about it, just the same way they do not have to worry about the thousands of neg feedback they are getting. Those companies have special arrangements with ebay so nothing hurts them.

FandangoKango

They keep kicking their users off without thinking that most sellers are also buyers. They are just too dumb to realize that if they kick off a seller, then they have also kicked off a buyer in sellers clothing.

So I agree, they probably are finding they are losing buyers, and are just struggling with the simple maths of the equation.
Old 10-11-2010
MU

Longevity: 81%

Well i got like a week ago a big postcard regarding ebay buyer protection so anybody else get it also? i wonder since they are sending it to all addresses including stealth if it bounces back then they check into the account? lol that would suck...