Can I use a stealth acount but when i buy tell the buyer to send to my address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-08-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Question Can I use a stealth acount but when i buy tell the buyer to send to my address?

Can I use a different account with not my address and when i buy a item tell the seller to ship to my home address? Or will that link me to my suspended account?
Also what are some pre paid credit cards do you guys think are best?
Thanks for all the help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

You Can,,,I Have MANY Times,,,,HOWEVER if the Address you Provide has been used with Ebay in the past and is in ANY WAY Attached to a Suspended Account,,,Bye,,Bye,,,

Just to be CLEAR,,,if lets say you once had an account that used that address Suspended in the Past,,there is a VERY Good Chance that if you use that address as a "Ship to" Address from another Stealth account,,,Poof,,,,

Also, if you have used this Address as a "Ship to" Address from another Now Suspended Stealth Account,,,whenever you use that Address as a "Ship to " Address No Matter from What Account,,,Ebay will link it back to the Original Suspended Account, and once again,,,,,Poof,,,,

So Be careful and Make 100% Sure that your "Ship To" Adress has NEVER been attached to a Suspended Ebay account,,,or Paypal for that Matter,,,They are after all,,,,Part of the Same Company
Old 02-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums kaluta.

As Slapped has said, you should not "use" that address on your account - now if you want to e-mail/call the seller in private and make a request...that's a better way.

Prepaid credit cards can be found by searching the forum. TONs of posts about it.

All the best.
Old 02-08-2011

Longevity: 85%

You can ask the seller, DO NOT change it in ebay/paypal as a ship to address. However I would recommend you ask the seller BEFORE bidding. I just ran into a problem where the seller not only refused to ship to my requested address but he decided to go ahead and ship to the address I asked him not to (my PP confirmed address) without waiting for me to reply. So now my item is going to an empty house I have no access to. Funny thing is that I see he has more than 1 account and he answers all his messages through his iPhone so I think he's stealth too, LOL!
Old 02-08-2011
Threadstarter  

let me get this strait. So its ok for me to send the seller a message asking if they can send to a different address without ebay linking that anddress I sent through the message?
Old 02-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluta View Post
let me get this strait. So its ok for me to send the seller a message asking if they can send to a different address without ebay linking that anddress I sent through the message?
Just DO NOT Send it through Ebay,,,Send it Directly to to the Seller,,you can Easily get their E-Mail Address from Paypal,,,

I Know that Many say Ebay does Not Monitor Messages sent and Received through Ebay,,,I Personally DO NOT Buy it,,I think the Do Monitor them,,,
Old 02-09-2011

Send a message via Yahoo to WasTopRatedThenBanned

They monitor them if they have reason. They do not scan everybody messages. Its a program.
Old 02-09-2011

Consider this..... I had an account a while back and asked seller to ship to my real address...(Sent him an email).. What happens is... in Paypal Shipping there is an option to ship to and change the address..... Now i haven't confirmed this... but that account went down shortly after!! It's possible that once the seller changed the address out that p/p security measures picked up on it????? i ALWAYS.... ALWAYS ask to ship to ANY other address other then a suspended account.... Have them send to a family member or whatever..I even have an extra po box for stuff like that. Any address from any of the 20 or so suspended accts of mine are forgotten and erased from existence as far as eb and pp are concerned and i will NEVER introduce the back into the circle of ebay or paypal.....
Old 02-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcmarketing View Post
Consider this..... I had an account a while back and asked seller to ship to my real address...(Sent him an email).. What happens is... in Paypal Shipping there is an option to ship to and change the address..... Now i haven't confirmed this... but that account went down shortly after!! It's possible that once the seller changed the address out that p/p security measures picked up on it????? i ALWAYS.... ALWAYS ask to ship to ANY other address other then a suspended account.... Have them send to a family member or whatever..I even have an extra po box for stuff like that. Any address from any of the 20 or so suspended accts of mine are forgotten and erased from existence as far as eb and pp are concerned and i will NEVER introduce the back into the circle of ebay or paypal.....

Smart,,,,,I Agree 100%,,,,,This DOES Indeed Happen,,,,,
Old 02-09-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok so sending a message to the seller with the mailing address is a bad idea?
Old 02-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@kaluta,

Yep, it can be. Some sellers have been known to report the request to ebay.

Previously, I have said consider if it is necessary to purchase an ebay item IF there is a possibility such a purchase might compromise a stealth account. I stand by that comment.
Now say you get over the hurdle of a different address, what might happen if the item is faulty or you need to claim etc. Your (stealth) account is exposed further to ebay.
It's these issues you need to consider if you purchase
Old 02-10-2011

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

IMO, just use a cheap and easy setup buyers account. Why do stealth sellers account?
Old 02-10-2011
Threadstarter  

Because my account with my real info got suspended
Old 02-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Because my account with my real info got suspended
So why don't you Simply set up another stealth account using one of the Following Senarios:

(A) Rented P.O.Box
(B) A Friend or Neighbors House
(C) a Slight Variation of your address (123 Main Street,,,123
ain St 2nd Fl,,,123a Main Street,,,or 123 Main Street apt b)

Im Sure you can make one of those work for you,,,
Old 02-10-2011
Threadstarter  

hummmm, So if I use option 3 and put my real address and add like apt B to it will it still come to my house or no? I live in a house not APT.
And with just that little add on to my address ebay cant trace it back to my suspended account with my real address?
Old 02-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
hummmm, So if I use option 3 and put my real address and add like apt B to it will it still come to my house or no? I live in a house not APT.
And with just that little add on to my address ebay cant trace it back to my suspended account with my real address?
You should have NO Problem,,,Just also Jot it down on your Mailbox as well for your Postman,,

Also Remember this is for you to Create an account to BUY With,,as soon as you go to sell on this account it will most likely be Linked to any other account that the Address (Or Variation) was used with,,,so you can Only Buy on it,,,
Old 02-10-2011

hi i have purchased the ebay stealth guide and i am going to open a steath account,,this may sound silly but can somebody please tell me why you need a prepaid card if you link your pp account to your new cc couldnt u just verify your pp through your cc?
Old 02-11-2011

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Buyers accounts on ebay usually last a while. They only care when you try to sell. I do that whenever I need stuff and my IP is blacklisted to them!

Last account lasted 3 months...
Old 02-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Why did you buyer account last only 3 months? What happened?
Old 02-12-2011

Send a message via Yahoo to motorfinger

I prefer playing safe... stealth eBay + stealth PayPal only to make money
If I need to buy something then using my real eBay + PayPal account

They're not connected