Buyers are becoming more ridiculous every day & EB cosigns... - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-31-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
I was just about to come post a rant myself. I had an auction finish at over $100 with 30+ bids and over 10 different bidders. The buyer that won sent me a message immediately after the auction ended and said "I will give you $65 for it".

I told her that she won it for over $100 (still a low price for this kind of item) and outbid over 10 other people. After that, she answered that she didn't have that much money and that she wouldn't buy it. No more answers from her since.

What the...? She's not the first person that won an item from me that way this year and then offers to buy it at a lower price or nothing. Some people seem to think that by winning the auction, they win the right to name the price.
this is no IQ test to buy on ebay.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-01-2013

Longevity: 63%
Talking

Last year I had a dufus say he would only pay 65 for an item he bid up to 650, message was something like sorry the ebay thing man but I'll only pay you 65. I messaged back don't bid more than you can afford. other times I have people furiously out bid everyone else and them claim it's vero or some such, my reply is then why did you out bid 20 plus other people? Ebay buyer protection always sided with me on these.
Old 08-01-2013

I have the occasional "My daughter bought this on my account without permission, please refund" after the item has been shipped.
Old 08-01-2013

Longevity: 63%
Talking

I get a lot of my uncle was hit by a drunk driver, my cat stepped on the key board(seriously!), and I just got downsized at work excuses, non paying bidder cases and strikes to all ofcourse.
Old 08-04-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 64%

Today really makes me angry. Lady buys my item last night. I pack it, print label, etc. I list a different color after that because I am only listing 2 at a time and now she want to switch. They are different price and too much not just absorb. So I cancel the sale, the label refund all to her. She buys the other more expensive last night so I print label, pack it all and this morning she wants to cancel because hubby bought her some on the way home from work last night. BS, BS, BS. Now she wants to cancel the second sale. Well I know the answer I have to kiss her ass. It has cost me money now. EB has endorsed this kind of behavior and it is open season on sellers. I can't wait till seasonal sales start and what is going to happen.

Just a quick question though. I had a buyer return an item over 45 days old because they say they changed their mind. What happens when somebody buys an item on EB in Oct. for Christmas and then tries to return after Christmas? Ebay sided with the buyer in my case and I had to refund. So where do we stand? I am not Macys.
Old 08-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
Just a quick question though. I had a buyer return an item over 45 days old because they say they changed their mind. What happens when somebody buys an item on EB in Oct. for Christmas and then tries to return after Christmas? Ebay sided with the buyer in my case and I had to refund. So where do we stand? I am not Macys.
You stand at the mercy of ebay.

Have to make it a case by case decision.

Even Macys are forced into refunds out of what may be a reasonable time frame.

Old 08-04-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
You stand at the mercy of ebay.

Have to make it a case by case decision.

Even Macys are forced into refunds out of what may be a reasonable time frame.

Agree.

Many post here have stated that ebay allows returns even after 45 days.
Old 08-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboddie View Post
I get a lot of my uncle was hit by a drunk driver, my cat stepped on the key board(seriously!), and I just got downsized at work excuses, non paying bidder cases and strikes to all ofcourse.
It`s the nature of online anonymity and such - annoying but we all deal with it.

Got one where the buyer bought the item then said do I offer layaway plan over 5 year period...
Old 08-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by john456 View Post
I have the occasional "My daughter bought this on my account without permission, please refund" after the item has been shipped.
Thankfully, I haven't had that one in a while. But I use to get it from time to time. On my accounts I have a No Returns policy and I make sure to a point of the sale of the item is Final. I don't care if I miss out on the FVF discounts or that garbage. Returns are a headache, I absolutely hate them. In the rare case something is damaged or not as described obviously I work it out. Offer a partial refund, etc even if I lose money on the item I absolutely hate taking stuff back. Too much of a hassle.

For the most part anyone who sounds like a problem. Like one of the other members said about the question. "Why is this so cheap". I don't care I block them. Same with any questions, "Can I have closer pics", i will offer you XXX which is below my BIN or even worse Auction price. I seriously have a huge block list on most of my accounts. I never respond to those questions Sandy D calls them "professional buyers" I consider them to be eBay terrorists.

If you complain about an item or just are a nuisance by asking too many questions I block you.

Thankfully, I have found most the idiots tend to self identify themselves by sending you messages warning you how much of a headache they are going to be. On a item you make very little on. Obviously I probably lose out on a bunch of sales but for the most part I sleep good at night and rather than all the time have to deal with idiots only have to deal with them from time to time.

Last edited by vogeltron; 08-06-2013 at 03:25 AM.
Old 08-06-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I wish I could block buyers with under 50 feedbacks , these newer buyers are the ones that give me the most trouble , they are always not paying or complaining or fearing they are being scammed or something dumb.

Now that a bunch of accounts have raises and Paypal holds lifted I been doing BIN sale with immediate payment and I really love this , I always have done auctions.

BIN I actually get more money and less complaints and paid upfront, so it keeps cash flow very nice and reduces my buyers complaints

I feel auctions attract buyers looking to get everything for nothing which causes more problems. BIN buyers are kinda like amazon buyers just want to buy and receive and don't have million questions and complaints.

I had one buyer not respond and after a week after the auction I started a cancellation and even said if they still like the product simply pay and ill ship or they can cancel the transaction . So they cancel the request and message me why are u trying to cancel the transaction , I didnt respond but felt like saying because u won't pay you idiot.

Week and half go buy no response I open a case and close it now they have a strike and I put them on block list
Old 08-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%

Dmshark25 I do agree, Auctions can cause more problems. And BIN I prefer myself. You are absolutely right, I agree you are more likely to run into a moron with an auction than a BIN. I don't require immediate payment myself I know you do. My NPB rate on those are low. I do block people who ask dumb questions.

I do have to say especially if you have QTY auctions can be nice because of 2nd chance offers. Although I will have to admit is in not as enticing as a seller as it use to be because FVF for Auctions was for a few years quite a bit less than BIN fixed price.