Now I know at least 1 reason Ebay is screwed up read this about cases being opened. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-07-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Now I know at least 1 reason Ebay is screwed up read this about cases being opened.

I ordered and paid for something from Thailand about a month ago and have not received or seen tracking past receipt in Thailand.

I click on contact buyer and am careful not to open a case because I don't just do that to another seller without justification mostly non communicative works for me a lot.

The next thing I know I get an email that I opened a case. WYF? Really? I was so careful not to do that and try to observe what other buyers see when trying to contact me and low and behold a f'ing case is opened when it was the last thing I wanted to do. I really don't know how that happened?

That somehow explains why recently when buyers are just asking me a question about what they bought from me that an unwarranted and unwanted case gets opened for no just cause.

I am no internet marketing guru but seems like eb is trying to shoot themselves in the ass not foot ASS.

Wishing my peers on Aspkin a prosperous holiday selling season.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%
Default Re: Now I know at least 1 reason Ebay is screwed up read this about cases being opene

Yup, started this year. Good ol' EB...work less and get paid more baby!
Old 10-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Now I know at least 1 reason Ebay is screwed up read this about cases being opene

eBay has recently implemented a system that automatically opens up cases for buyers - it's quite annoying to sellers. Few discussions around the forum about it - creating a lot of confusion.
Old 10-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I actually mentioned this to my eBay rep in our monthly call, and she told me this is something eBay has implemented to classify problems with orders so they can help sellers improve in problem areas.

My GUESS is that it is more like something they are developing to automatically weed out sellers they don't like.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (10-07-2013)
Old 10-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

The 2 main things on how sellers are judged (cases + DSR's) are completely controlled by the buyer.

It's becoming more and more of a crapshoot when it comes to maintaining success on eBay.

I haven't seen any definitive word from eBay stating if sellers will be judged by total amount of cases opened. Can't even find that on your dashboard anymore since they got rid of that too!
The Following User Says Thank You to An0nym0u$ For This Useful Post:
90210 (10-09-2013)
Old 10-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I actually mentioned this to my eBay rep in our monthly call, and she told me this is something eBay has implemented to classify problems with orders so they can help sellers improve in problem areas.

My GUESS is that it is more like something they are developing to automatically weed out sellers they don't like.
Maybe I missed a different post but jeffweico, you go into the monthly Q & A sessions? Wow - nice.
Old 10-07-2013

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Maybe I missed a different post but jeffweico, you go into the monthly Q & A sessions? Wow - nice.
Whats the difference? Those reps will lie to you to.
Old 10-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Ebay lie?

No way

Trying to brainwash sellers with all their concerns

Only concern is for themselves

More stealth accounts are needed

Old 10-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
I click on contact buyer and am careful not to open a case because I don't just do that to another seller without justification mostly non communicative works for me a lot.

I am no internet marketing guru but seems like eb is trying to shoot themselves in the ass not foot ASS.

Wishing my peers on Aspkin a prosperous holiday selling season.
ebay changed the game plan.

Been happening for quite a few months. Certain things that a buyer/seller do are detected by the bots.

Automatic case opening is the result.

It is confusing to deal with in all aspects. Buyers attempted to contact a seller simply to discuss matters. ebay played big brother and makes it appear it is esccalated to a (major) case/issue.

All in the name of supposed service.

Old 10-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
If jeff' is like me, we speak to our Account manager on a monthly basis.

Mostly ebay call me....

Q & A is different again.

Old 10-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
On my larger accounts, I find it pays to have a relationship with an eBay representative. If nothing else, it gives eBay confidence that the account is real. I can also sometimes get some good information from the rep. Yes, everything must be taken with a grain of salt, but you can still learn something.
Old 10-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
On my larger accounts, I find it pays to have a relationship with an eBay representative. If nothing else, it gives eBay confidence that the account is real. I can also sometimes get some good information from the rep. Yes, everything must be taken with a grain of salt, but you can still learn something.
On my larger accounts, I figure I earned the right for some largesse from ebay.

Careful talk helps somewhat.

Old 10-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
On my larger accounts, I figure I earned the right for some largesse from ebay.

Careful talk helps somewhat.

Yes, caution is, of course, a must. If you are at all leery of talking to them because you are nervous you might slip up, then this is not for you. I am usually pretty comfortable on the phone, so it works for me. I just suppress the urge to give them any specific information. Usually, they just want to tell you about any new things on the horizon (promotions, etc.) and discuss anything they perceive as a problem. THIS CAN BE VALUABLE IN KEEPING AN ACCOUNT! It is like an early warning system. And I ask questions about whatever my issues might be. But I mostly let THEM do the talking.
Old 10-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Sounds decent - building relationship for sure, like building at the bank (for example)