Quick question regarding Ebay Hassle-Free Returns - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-10-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Quick question regarding Ebay Hassle-Free Returns

Was just wondering if anyone has noticed any throttling on their accounts since disabling Ebays wonderful "Return your purchase for ANY reason, no matter what" option.

I know we no longer get the 20% off final value fees, but has anyone noticed any other drawback to disabling this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-10-2015

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Quick question regarding Ebay Hassle-Free Returns

Why bother......if they want to return something, neither eBay or paypal is going to stop them in 99.999999% of the time.
Old 02-11-2015

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%

Yea haha.

Did you know the buyer is covered 180 days after the sale via Paypal? If someone wants to "scam" you then they will.

I never understood why members don't offer returns as ebay and paypal do it for us. You midaswell gain trust with buyers by offering it.

All it takes is a simple phone call by the buyer and they will open a case against you if they want to, trust me.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-11-2015)
Old 02-11-2015

Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile3 View Post
Was just wondering if anyone has noticed any throttling on their accounts since disabling Ebays wonderful "Return your purchase for ANY reason, no matter what" option.

I know we no longer get the 20% off final value fees, but has anyone noticed any other drawback to disabling this?
Please explain on how to turn off. Have not been able to find it.

Thanks
Old 02-12-2015

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%

Just for the record to...

Strictly speaking clothes only (I sell other things to)...Clothing is one of the highest returned item on eBay.

Ever since I offered returns, my returns have DRASTICALLY reduced, I rarely have them. Now I'm sure its a combination of a couple factors but I truly believe the simple idea of accepting returns actually helps eliminate returns.

It sounds werid but for me personally thats been the case.
Old 02-12-2015
Threadstarter  

I turn it off because it gives buyers a super convenient, one click return option that automatically prints them a shipping label (at my cost and to my stealth address). I'd rather have the opportunity to talk with them, and possibly try to reinforce my return or see if I can solve their problem through conversation.

To turn it off click "account" on your main page

On the left hand bar select " Site preferences"

Scroll down almost exactly halfway and you'll see "Return preferences". Click "Show" on the right hand side of the screen and turn it off.

Back to my original question, does anyone know if this impacts listing exposure?
The Following User Says Thank You to Exile3 For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (02-12-2015)
Old 02-13-2015

Longevity: 53%

If a seller wants a refund, he will get it in any case, eBay and PayPAl already decided for you, that you MUST provide returns. There is a 1% success rate of sellers winning disputes. So just turn it of and be ready to lose some money during returns.

P.S. It is a common thing in lots, a statement "If.... blablalba.... I wont accept returns". It is not true, you can return your money for anything, for any reason, real or not.
Old 02-18-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
If a seller wants a refund, he will get it in any case, eBay and PayPAl already decided for you, that you MUST provide returns. There is a 1% success rate of sellers winning disputes. So just turn it of and be ready to lose some money during returns.

P.S. It is a common thing in lots, a statement "If.... blablalba.... I wont accept returns". It is not true, you can return your money for anything, for any reason, real or not.
I know how the Ebay/Paypal return policy works. I've been getting f'ed by it for the last 4 years. Please stop reiterating an obvious fact, especially since it's not answer the question I'm asking.

What I want to know is, Has anyone noticed if they're sales have slowed since switching off hassle-free returns?
Old 02-18-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:

If you opt out of hassle free returns you dont get 20% off final value fees? Can you post a lonk to were it sais this?

This is from ebay:
Qualifying your listings for Top Rated Plus seal and discounts
To qualify for Top Rated Plus benefits, you need to be a Top Rated seller and your eligible listings need to:
Provide a 14-day (or longer) money-back return policy
Provide same- or 1-business-day handling time

it doesn't say anything about hassle free returns?
Old 02-18-2015

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
I know how the Ebay/Paypal return policy works. I've been getting f'ed by it for the last 4 years. Please stop reiterating an obvious fact, especially since it's not answer the question I'm asking.

What I want to know is, Has anyone noticed if they're sales have slowed since switching off hassle-free returns?
Most people know better then to turn off the returns, because it makes no difference, so you won't find many people to answer the question you're asking.