I just lost a years-old eBay account... - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-29-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: I just lost a years-old eBay account...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doL View Post
SSN Verified Stealth? I imagine that's the only way to get around the 200/2k annual limitation through PP, right? Curious how we can push those kinds of monthly numbers without getting hit with the dreaded email. Also, if it is SSN verified, does the ssn that its attached to get tax penalties?
The only way to run more than $20,000 per year through an account is to provide an SSN or an EIN.

Providing an SSN is impossible. Well, not impossible, but very, VERY illegal. It is called identity theft. The NAME and the SSN must MATCH what is in the IRS records. So, if you found someone who had your stealth name and used their SSN, you would probably end up in prison. NOT a good outcome!

It is better to provide an EIN. That is a tax number attached to a BUSINESS. Since the IRS will, in this case, match the BUSINESS NAME with the EIN, you can still stay under PayPal's radar AND be in compliance with the tax laws. The IRS does NOT provide any additional information to ANY payment processor, including PayPal. PayPal simply sends the BUSINESS NAME and the EIN to the IRS and the IRS returns a response of MATCH or NO MATCH.

And, YES, if a SSN or EIN is provided to PayPal and you have more than $20,000 in sales, then the IRS will be expecting that the amount listed on the 1099k to be reported as gross income on either your personal tax return, or the LLC's tax return. Gross income and profit are two different things and you will only have to pay taxes on your PROFIT, NOT ON YOUR GROSS SALES! So, just because $20,001 is reported does NOT mean that you owe taxes on $21,000 - only on the PROFIT PORTION of the $21,000. 10% is a normal profit margin. Of course your profits could be more or less and you should NOT fudge these numbers, because in the event of a tax audit, the IRS is going to ask for receipts to prove the numbers out. Maybe not on EVERYTHING, but they COULD. In my case, they picked certain transactions and asked me to provide the receipts on those particular transactions. If I couldn't do that, or if the numbers didn't match up, then they probably would have done a deeper audit and looked at EVERYTHING. NOT a situation that you want to be in!

If you provided an SSN that does not belong to you, eventually the IRS will send a letter to whomever owns that SSN demanding that they report their earnings and pay their taxes. When that person calls the IRS to tell them they do not sell anything and they have no idea what the IRS is talking about, then all hell will break loose. The IRS will start an investigation and then you are in for a WORLD OF PAIN! DON'T DO IT!

All you have to do is file your tax returns properly and pay the taxes on your profits and you will be fine.

Last edited by jeffweico; 06-29-2015 at 02:15 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-30-2015

Longevity: 79%

can't you only have one EIN? How can the OP have multiple high grossing accounts?
Old 07-03-2015

Longevity: 64%

Sorry Jeff.
I can only imagine...

I guess this concretes the fact that ALL eB accounts (whether true or stealth) should be treated as expendable.
It really stinks that all that good customer service and feedback is pissed into the wind.
That's the biggest tragedy.
This would have Never have happend 10 yrs ago, things were so much more friendly.
Sorry again to hear about your frustrations.
��

But I agree with everyone here. You DO provide excellent info and positive attitude in every post I read with you in it.
You will be fine, keep your head up.