Negative Feedback Removal? Malicious Competitor Leaves Neg For EVERYONE - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-10-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Negative Feedback Removal? Malicious Competitor Leaves Neg For EVERYONE

Sold an item to a buyer. Took pictures of how it was packaged and sent it to him beforehand. Had signature confirmation and he received the package. 15 days later, I get a negative feedback saying it was damaged. He never attempted to communicate prior. I check his feedback and see that he has left negatives for a dozen sellers. After checking their profiles, he is literally the ONLY negative that they have received. Same as me. I am TRS and PS and he is the ONLY negative that I have ever gotten. What's funny is he listed MY ITEM the NEXT day after receiving it. Same exact item that I sent him. And upon checking his current and sold listings, I see he is selling the SAME ITEMS that he purchased from the other sellers that he left negative feedback for. Every negative that he leaves states that the item was damaged when he received it. Of course I used the "report buyer" function and wrote out a lengthy response, but never really had anything happen when I used that function before. So my question here is, is there a way I can get the negative feedback removed? I am not afraid to call in, and I have done so on many occasions for various things. Again, I am Top Rated AND Power Seller...if that means anything these days.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-10-2016

Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Negative Feedback Removal? Malicious Competitor Leaves Neg For EVERYONE

Sorry to hear that. But it can happen these days due to some seriously low end people.

The best thing to do is to ask ebay to investigate it, best route to contact them is via live chat in my opinion, and explain the whole situation. They should manually look into it instantly or get the defect team to look into it. There is no guarantee, but it is worth a try. In the meantime, I would block this ebayer asap
Old 05-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Negative Feedback Removal? Malicious Competitor Leaves Neg For EVERYONE

mrgrazer,

US ebay has no live chat.

Old 05-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Not much you can but block, send eB a message and move on - don't sweat it...it's annoying but hardly an account killer.

I get these from time to time - just keep the positive ratios up
Old 05-10-2016

Longevity: 60%

Sorry wasn't aware it's a US account..

Well in that case, call them up or email to explain the situation I guess.
Old 05-10-2016

Longevity: 53%

Call, explain, and it will be sorted out.
Old 05-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 48%

If you go through the process on line to get a pin for
your call-in to customer service, state that it's about
seller limits. You will get someone in the US and you can
talk to them about having a negative feedback on your
account and that you are worried about it affecting your
account.
Then you can go into how they are working the feedback
system. They will get something done.
The Following User Says Thank You to chicagoIL For This Useful Post:
wtfebay (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoIL View Post
If you go through the process on line to get a pin for
your call-in to customer service, state that it's about
seller limits. You will get someone in the US and you can
talk to them about having a negative feedback on your
account and that you are worried about it affecting your
account.
Then you can go into how they are working the feedback
system. They will get something done.
Thanks, I will give that a go. Hopefully they will do something about it. Of course it isn't killing my TRS/PS account...I am still 99.7% but seriously annoying as it is my ONLY negative on here.
Old 05-10-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Buddy, give ebay a call, they will take care of the situation. This is a no brainer for the ebay agent that takes your call.
Old 05-10-2016
Threadstarter  

You've got to be effing kidding me...called in, got someone and told the situation. Was transferred to the "feedback removal department". Explained the situation to this stupid b*tch and all she says is "after looking at the feedback, this isnt something that can be removed". I explained the situation AGAIN and she decided to give me attitude. Proceeded to tell me to message the seller and do a feedback revision request. Are you f*cking kidding me??
Old 05-10-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
You've got to be effing kidding me...called in, got someone and told the situation. Was transferred to the "feedback removal department". Explained the situation to this stupid b*tch and all she says is "after looking at the feedback, this isnt something that can be removed". I explained the situation AGAIN and she decided to give me attitude. Proceeded to tell me to message the seller and do a feedback revision request. Are you f*cking kidding me??
Hang up. Call back. Speak to someone else (or even a manager).

I take it back when I said this would be a no brainer for ebay. They are more incompetent than I had perceived.
Old 05-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
Hang up. Call back. Speak to someone else (or even a manager).

I take it back when I said this would be a no brainer for ebay. They are more incompetent than I had perceived.
Pretty uneventful. Called back, talked to someone else, was told basically the same thing. Called again and got a guy this time who seemed a LITTLE more knowledgeable and he told me to report the buyer (which I did ALREADY) and submit a feedback revision and practically kiss the guys ass to get him to change his feedback. Doubtful that this guy is going to do anything or even reply to the message I sent him, based on the sheer fact of what he is doing with all sellers.

I am in the process of getting more information on him. His ebay and paypal are under one name, but the shipping address was a different name and a PO Box. I had signature confirmation, and it was signed for by the ship to name, not the registered ebay name. This will get interesting, but if it comes down to it, I can play dirty too.
Old 05-12-2016

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Pretty uneventful. Called back, talked to someone else, was told basically the same thing. Called again and got a guy this time who seemed a LITTLE more knowledgeable and he told me to report the buyer (which I did ALREADY) and submit a feedback revision and practically kiss the guys ass to get him to change his feedback. Doubtful that this guy is going to do anything or even reply to the message I sent him, based on the sheer fact of what he is doing with all sellers.

I am in the process of getting more information on him. His ebay and paypal are under one name, but the shipping address was a different name and a PO Box. I had signature confirmation, and it was signed for by the ship to name, not the registered ebay name. This will get interesting, but if it comes down to it, I can play dirty too.
If they had previously listed and sold the same item, I would expect that they are just drop shipping from other ebay sellers, then leaving negatives.
Old 05-13-2016

Longevity: 49%

Quote:

If i were you,i would do the same thing to him using stealth buyer account.
Old 05-13-2016

Longevity: 64%
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven
Angry Re: Negative Feedback Removal? Malicious Competitor Leaves Neg For EVERYONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiexie View Post
If i were you,i would do the same thing to him using stealth buyer account.
You know it. The person that messed with me got the biggest shock and soon his 100% feedback went down.

He changed his feedback fast after that.

Unfortunately, sometimes in certain situations, one has to lower themselves to that of others but its only for a few minutes so its ok as those real deal horrible people only know how to be rubbish and can never be great.

If you can bring yourself down to that level for a few minutes, go for it but its stress in the brain.... one of the reasons is that you have to be horrible for a few minutes and angry etc.
Old 05-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I have had this type of buyer a couple of months back, they find any excuse and the only thing they leave is negs, never a positive, they only log in if they have a neg to give.

I got the neg removed via chat, who sent it to correct dept. and 2 days later it was gone. It was along the lines of 'found it cheaper elsewhere, bad ebayer ripped me off'.

These people do not consider your fees , your postage, and say they saw it cheaper elsewhere - so go and buy it elsewhere then you dimwit..

yes, I always do a little something back, if I have the time and remember to, they get something in the post, unstamped so they have to pay for it and go and collect at depot, and when they open it they wish they hadn't...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 05-13-2016 at 03:15 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
camouflage (05-18-2016), dealagreeproceed (05-16-2016), easy.bake.oven (05-13-2016), rsot (05-13-2016)
Old 05-13-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
yes, I always do a little something back, if I have the time and remember to, they get something in the post, unstamped so they have to pay for it and go and collect at depot, and when they open it they wish they hadn't...

Does unstamped mail just end up not getting delivered?
Old 05-13-2016
Threadstarter  

I ended up submitting a feedback revision request and messaged the guy some long message...basically told him this is his chance to change his false feedback before SHTF and he gets his account suspended. He changed it within the hour and messaged me back with some BS excuse about how it was someone else that had left the feedback and this and that. Yea right.
Old 05-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post

Does unstamped mail just end up not getting delivered?
Have you ever had a complaint from a customer due to underpayment of postage or no stamp (maybe fell off) they have to pay a fee before it is redelivered or they need to go pick up and pay the fee......Ive had negs for it !
Old 05-15-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
Have you ever had a complaint from a customer due to underpayment of postage or no stamp (maybe fell off) they have to pay a fee before it is redelivered or they need to go pick up and pay the fee......Ive had negs for it !
Never heard from a customer about that.

But I can just imagine you () and your customer ()

Old 05-16-2016

Longevity: 46%

I really hate those s**t buyers.
Why dont we make a list of such scammers buyers so everyone can block them and avoid dealing with them ?
Old 05-16-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nassr View Post
I really hate those s**t buyers.
Why dont we make a list of such scammers buyers so everyone can block them and avoid dealing with them ?
It would be awesome to have a long list everyone contributed to. But the problem is making buyer accounts on ebay is too easy. Oh and you would notice, most problematic buyers tend to have a gold star, very low feedback, so they can toss and turn these accounts quickly, their not too interested in building these accounts up.

Also if we all shared these usernames, we would need to get the non-stealth community on board as well, or else it could be used as a way of getting us all linked.