Tracking says delivered but buyer hasnt got the item - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-09-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Tracking says delivered but buyer hasnt got the item

hey guys i have no ideal what to do, a buyer open a case on me on ebay, saying the item has not been received but according to the tracking, it got delivered there yesterday. I gave ebay the tracking number through the claim, what should I do buyer asked me to help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Tracking says delivered but buyer hasnt got the item

Most likely scamming you. You provided the tracking on the claim and that's all you can do.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Yng.Strategist (07-10-2016)
Old 07-09-2016
Threadstarter  

wow really??The guy seemed pretty cool and claimed that he was getting them for his girlfriend. SMH what do you think will happen will he be able to keep the item and i lose out on the money?
Old 07-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I get a few of these cases every week and it always sucks. Some of the time it's just the buyer trying to get free stuff, but there's also plenty of cases where the buyer is being truthful.

Here are some possible causes:
- I've had a handful of cases where a parcel will actually be delivered the day AFTER the tracking number shows delivery. I have no idea why, but I've verified this to be the case several times now
- The parcel may have been delivered in the wrong mail box (I've had this happen dozens of times also, unfortunately)
- A mail carrier may have been having a bad day, and marked and undelivered order as delivered (happens frequently too :/ )

I recommend you keep calm and try to work things out with the buyer. I (and many others here) try to drag these cases out as long as possible. Sometimes the parcel will show up days later. Sometimes (if the buyer is trying to scam you) the buyer will give up after the first message and move on to trying to scam another seller. And of course sometimes you will just have to issue a refund for a lost shipment. If you aren't able to work things out peacefully with the buyer, your tracking number shows delivery so you should be fine if a case is opened.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (07-09-2016), Yng.Strategist (07-10-2016)
Old 07-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

I've had 4 of those cases this year. Magically they all go away once I show the tracking number to customer.

Unless you are talking expensive items, just call it quits and ask the customer nicely to close the case with "opened by accident" option and tell them you'll send a full refund right away.
These cases are just not worth the time, in my opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (07-09-2016), phaz0rz (07-09-2016)
Old 07-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

^^Agreed. Sometimes it's best to just refund, block, and carry on.
Old 07-09-2016
MU

Longevity: 52%

As long as tracking shows delivered, ebay will side with you and case closed. They will even remove any neg feedback. Already happened a few times this year!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeanbean0109 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (07-10-2016), Yng.Strategist (07-10-2016)
Old 07-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

Whenever i provide a tracking that shows delivered, ebay has always decided the item not received case in my favor
The Following User Says Thank You to nodeal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanbean0109 View Post
As long as tracking shows delivered, ebay will side with you and case closed. They will even remove any neg feedback. Already happened a few times this year!
Yeah they would side with you in this situation. Personally though I try to avoid pissing off customers, and I avoid contacting Ebay at all costs.

It's possible that the parcel was simply misdelivered so I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. How would you feel if you never got something you ordered for your girl?

USPS has been VERY bad about marking undelivered orders as delivered this year. I've had more instances than I can count of orders either being delivered after the tracking number shows delivery, or just being delivered to the wrong address.

The decision is yours OP. What you do depends a lot of who you are dealing with and what you sold them. I wish you the best.

BTW, please note that "idea" and "ideal" are not the same word. Those two words have very different meanings and your use of the word "ideal" was totally out of context :/
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2016
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Usually you can tell if they are genuine or not by looking at there feedback. Also there are little giveaways when messaging that always tell me if a buyer is genuine or not.

The most obvious one is "this was a birthday present I needed for today, I've had to buy something else now so would like a refund"

At the end of the day, if tracking shows as delivered you will win the case. I take it on a case by case basis though.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (07-09-2016)
Old 07-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I am always sorely tempted to leave a positive saying nicely 'sorry you say you did not receive item, so got refunded'.....its also tempting to make them open a case, but as it affects me, it is cutting your own nose off.....
Old 07-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Keep in mind if the buyer leaves you a negative feedback saying they never received the item, and the tracking shows delivered, ebay will remove this negative feedback for you without any issues.
Old 07-09-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

I have had this happen to me a good number of times. Many times as the seller and had a few of items i ordered say delivered to my address and not be here. I always ask the buyer to contact the local post office, and i do the same if its a package i am expecting. My experience is that if the buyer actually contacts the post office it is usually a mis-delivery and it is found at the neighbors house and the like. If they refuse to contact post office with the tracking number i will call their local post office for them. Usually if they wont contact USPS it is a good indication of a scam. Either way I have done all possible and move forward from there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davids01 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (07-09-2016), phaz0rz (07-09-2016)
Old 07-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids01 View Post

If they refuse to contact post office with the tracking number i will call their local post office for them. Usually if they wont contact USPS it is a good indication of a scam. Either way I have done all possible and move forward from there.
I tell them the same but add that I am doing that because I am filing a claim with USPS to help resolve their issue.

Suddenly they find time to make the call.
As you say, you can then move onwards.
Old 07-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I get a few of these cases every week and it always sucks. Some of the time it's just the buyer trying to get free stuff, but there's also plenty of cases where the buyer is being truthful.

Here are some possible causes:
- I've had a handful of cases where a parcel will actually be delivered the day AFTER the tracking number shows delivery. I have no idea why, but I've verified this to be the case several times now
- The parcel may have been delivered in the wrong mail box (I've had this happen dozens of times also, unfortunately)
- A mail carrier may have been having a bad day, and marked and undelivered order as delivered (happens frequently too :/ )

I recommend you keep calm and try to work things out with the buyer. I (and many others here) try to drag these cases out as long as possible. Sometimes the parcel will show up days later. Sometimes (if the buyer is trying to scam you) the buyer will give up after the first message and move on to trying to scam another seller. And of course sometimes you will just have to issue a refund for a lost shipment. If you aren't able to work things out peacefully with the buyer, your tracking number shows delivery so you should be fine if a case is opened.
He did open a case yesterday and I replied with the tracking number and letting him know Iwill contact the USPS store. So lets say if it is a scammer, would I still get my money?? Or will I lose out on the sale?
Old 07-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
Whenever i provide a tracking that shows delivered, ebay has always decided the item not received case in my favor
therefore you keep the payment??
Old 07-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yng.Strategist View Post
He did open a case yesterday and I replied with the tracking number and letting him know Iwill contact the USPS store. So lets say if it is a scammer, would I still get my money?? Or will I lose out on the sale?
I dont think you are understand what people are saying, you win, you keep the money, move on.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
Yng.Strategist (07-12-2016)
Old 07-10-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

Unless you truly believe that some how you did something wrong. Or you truthfully believe that the customer didn't get the item and your conscience is telling you to issue a refund, it's your case. Let the force guide you.
The Following User Says Thank You to davids01 For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (07-10-2016)
Old 07-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yng.Strategist View Post
therefore you keep the payment??
Yes I keep the payment. I am not responsible for an item that did not get delivered if the tracking shows "delivered." Too many scammers out there to try and be guided by your conscience on this one.

I have seen ebay reimburse the buyer out of their own pocket on many occasions for this type of issue, the buyer ends up getting their money or the item either way most of the time.
Old 07-12-2016
Threadstarter  

thanks every one and how long does a case usually stay open I have been waiting for the buyers response for 3 days now