All set to go! One last question regarding keyword linking, etc. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-13-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default All set to go! One last question regarding keyword linking, etc.

Thanks to the advice here I have brought back my aged account from the dead... And is untraceable to my secondary account! I am ready to start listing again within the next hour!

But I am curious... How serious is keyword linking? I plan to format my titles slightly different. I plan to take a different approach to the descriptions so it looks like an entirely different person. None of the same buzzwords i used to use like 'fast free shipping!'. And copy and paste a terms and conditions, because I have never done that before. Further I have literally pulled any remaining items and taped them up in a box to be opened at a much, much later date and re-listed sparingly. Also completely new device, no picture linking.

My question is... My items are what they are. There is going to be some overlap in keywords, because i can't be any more or less specific on what they actually are. Should I be ok if, for example, I had a gray item for sale... And now I'm listing a black item with the same keywords? What if I list a gray one... But it's legitimately an entirely different item... But would look the same to an eBay emplpyee? (Like I said, the old gray one is sealed away.. These are all legit new stock.)

Is keyword linking done by ""bots"", or as a secondary method during manual review? Meaning, should I be ok as long as literally everything else is different and done properly?

I ask because I do have enough totally new, non-similar inventory to list for a couple weeks... But before long I will still come to very similar but different items.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-13-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: All set to go! One last question regarding keyword linking, etc.

I wouldn't get overzealous over keywords in your listings for two different accounts. Keep them as different as you possibly can. Use different colours, different shipping options, different pictures - that should set them apart. Bear in mind there are probably hundreds of other listings which will end up being similar to your, as they are selling the same items as well.

Another thing to note is, whilst keeping listings between stealth accounts different is important, don't get so bogged down that you forget about other things like IP linking, etc.
Old 07-13-2016

Longevity: 47%

It isn't that big of a deal, just change them up a little bit.
Old 07-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressed08 View Post

Is keyword linking done by ""bots"", or as a secondary method during manual review? Meaning, should I be ok as long as literally everything else is different and done properly?
Duplicate listings seem to be done by "bots" so vary up for strong difference.

e.g. Free shipping becomes No cost to ship...
Old 07-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

In my experience keyword linking on ebay is not much of an issue. In all reality an item can only be described so many ways.

I take completely separate pictures, write perfect keyword titles and excellent yet unique descriptions with as few words as possible.

I mix up price slightly along with shipping costs slightly.
Old 07-14-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 46%

Thanks... That was what I was concerned about, my titles were excellent, and my descriptions were short and efficient. It would've sucked to go in the other direction, less effective titles and long winded time consuming descriptions. I'll say the same stuff.. Just slightly different