Is having multiple PO boxes at the same address for returns a problem? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-02-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default Is having multiple PO boxes at the same address for returns a problem?

I have 10 accounts. I plan on cycling 5 at a time. I sell $150 VERO items that get returned often. I plan on leaving my primary stealth address what it is. For shipping and return address I'm using a mom and pop P.O. box rental.

My question is: Can I get away with only renting 2 P.O. boxes at different locations. By using variations of the address for different accounts? For instance the address with the box #190, Then just the address without a box number, Then the address with a box #790? Or will EB pick up on the same items being sold on accounts with the same last name all primary addresses within a 50 mile radius with almost the same ship from and return address?

Anyone have experience with this?

I've read posts from years ago where people did this, but I'd like some up to date info on the subject before I just do it and possibly crash.

Or is my only viable option to rent 10 boxes? I don't even think that is possible in my area.

Another option I thought of would be to include a note that I will pay for return shipping, for them to contact me before opening a return and I will send them a label through shipstation. But I've heard storys about people just ignoring the note and paying for shipping themselves sending it to the stealth address.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Is having multiple PO boxes at the same address for returns a problem?

If you want to use a P.O. Box for returns you really only need 1. Here is how I do it.
1. Open a Box in my name AND a Business Name (had to make a business card to show proof, and get creative with other docs)
2. When someone want's to return something, either give them the PO Box address (with business name) or give them a return label with the info provided.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
nate (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Is having multiple PO boxes at the same address for returns a problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
When someone want's to return something, either give them the PO Box address (with business name) or give them a return label with the info provided.
Make sure I got this right... I do not list a address on ebay for: Ship From / Return Shipping Address. Which would leave just the primary stealth address as a return address.

Then on the EB page where I except the return, I "edit" the address to the PO box which has a business name.

I know drop shippers would have to return things this way.

To send labels in the package I would need to get a Endicia account to add to shipstation. Is that what you have?

Last edited by nate; 09-02-2016 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
Make sure I got this right... I do not list a address on ebay for: Ship From / Return Shipping Address. Which would leave just the primary stealth address as a return address.

Then on the EB page where I except the return, I "edit" the address to the PO box which has a business name.

I know drop shippers would have to return things this way.

To send labels I would need to get a Endicia account to add to shipstation. Is that what you have?
That's it, you can even send the return label via Ebay.
Old 09-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
That's it, you can even send the return label via Ebay.
Using shipstation with a stamps.com account?

That I need to research.
Old 09-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Shipstation saves me THOUSANDS of dollars a month in labor. Best $60 a month I spend to reduce errors, miss shipments and labor.

Stamps is free with shipstation.
Old 09-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Shipstation saves me THOUSANDS of dollars a month in labor. Best $60 a month I spend to reduce errors, miss shipments and labor.

Stamps is free with shipstation.
I've been using it since you suggested it when I was putting my plan together. the only problem I'm facing is the conflict of advice between adding the same po box to multiple stealths for ship from address / return address.

or

Only have the primary stealth address and "edit" it on the accept return page to the po box.

I love shipstation as well. hardly ever have to log into ebay now.
Old 09-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

I forget exactly but you you sell items that are returned for sizing etc?
If so, it may not be a bad idea to automate returns and have separate PO boxes. In the whole scheme of things, it is cost effective over the course of 3 months if you have returns.

I also use forwarding service BUT they fail A LOT lately. Just forward mail from an address to another. I use empty house addresses and forward to a real one.
Old 09-02-2016
Threadstarter  

The only problem comes when someone honest does a return and they pay for the shipping. Other wise I'd have shipstation email them a label to their paypal email address. or is there a better way than email? through ebay some how using shipstation return label? Upload and send own label option on EB? is that how its done?
Old 09-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
If so, it may not be a bad idea to automate returns and have separate PO boxes. In the whole scheme of things, it is cost effective over the course of 3 months if you have returns.
have you ever heard of anyone getting caught by EB by having more than one P.O. box at the same address? (ship from / return shipping address)(not primary address obviously)

True... 10-12$ a month isnt much... but I'm not sure if there are 10 mom and pop box rental locations near me. & I hate the ups store!

Last edited by nate; 09-02-2016 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

I have A LOT of addresses at 6 clinton Road.....

I have not read anything about secondary addresses.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
nate (09-02-2016)
Old 09-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

I have two Post Office boxes. I use about 6 stealth's per Box. However, I rarely get returns. Only one or two per account a year. Not ideal but it has worked for the past 4-5 years. With Stealth being the below 200/20k for US accounts I can't afford to do it any other way.

When I ship items I just black out the stealth addy and put the Biz Name and PO Box as the return addy. Nobody has ever asked but if they did I would just say they handle my shipments. Probably the most important thing about my system is that I have been a stealther since 08 and have not had any accounts taken down in 5+ years. So, with regards to the domino effect. I hope to never find out.

Last edited by vogeltron; 09-03-2016 at 03:08 AM.