How to reply to neutral fb - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 04-11-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Unhappy How to reply to neutral fb

I sold an item, new in package, delivered in 3 days, I rec'd a neutral saying "Ok not what I expected".

The description was correct, nothing was wrong, checked their feedback seems they buy a few things and leave neutrals.

I have emailed the buyer asking what was wrong and what was expected, I just feel this person is a constant PITA to other sellers.

I can't leave a negative, so how do I reply in the positive?

Ebay is just a PITA anymore, all for the buyers.

I know I can buy some cheap items to move the neutral down but this is just a pain because of some buyer causing trouble.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 76%

First, buying feedback does nothing for repositioning the neutrals and negatives left from customers. When a customer views your items for sale, then clicks your feedback profile from the listing, all they see is the feedback from selling. Nifty little trick eB ay put in place in the past year or two.

Second, you can always reply to feedback. But, why not continue to attempt to resolve it with the customer? You have 30 days to submit a revision request, so that gives time to resolve the issue if they are willing. If not, you can simply reply to their neutral with something innocent that makes you look like the reasonable side in the transaction. Don't fire back at them immaturely. Remember, buyers are able to technically leave feedback twice since they can also respond once more to your initial response.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
imintrance (11-19-2011), Melissa1971 (06-17-2011), ShadyOne (04-12-2011)
Old 04-12-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
"Ok not what I expected".
I cannot side with your or the buyer on this tbh, how do we know it simply wasn't what they expected, your word is as much as theirs.

Quote:
I have emailed the buyer asking what was wrong and what was expected, I just feel this person is a constant PITA to other sellers.
I do believe that these sellers are everywhere abd it is impossible to please them but again, I don't really have sympathy unless I seen your listing fully and then seen the item!

I have had so much crap of eBay in the past for many different reasons but if you are a 5 star seller of genuine items then do what the poster above suggested.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
tinyurl (06-23-2011)
Old 04-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

never reply to neg or neutral, as it adds to their positive feedback...just follow up the neutral on your own feedback stating that buyer never contacted me, so no opportunity to rectify or whatever...
kira345 (10-10-2011), tinyurl (06-23-2011)
Old 06-17-2011

Longevity: 86%

If buyer leave a non positive without contact I usually put something like:-

"If you had troubled to contact me I would have refunded or exchanged!"

This immediately puts the buyer in a bad light while appearing cool and professional.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biglouis999 For This Useful Post:
boszika (10-04-2011), tinyurl (06-23-2011)
Old 06-17-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

^ Yep. I think replying to feedback left just adds another layer of trust with any potential buyers. Make yourself look professional and sh*t
Old 06-22-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
First, buying feedback does nothing for repositioning the neutrals and negatives left from customers. When a customer views your items for sale, then clicks your feedback profile from the listing, all they see is the feedback from selling. Nifty little trick eB ay put in place in the past year or two.

Second, you can always reply to feedback. But, why not continue to attempt to resolve it with the customer? You have 30 days to submit a revision request, so that gives time to resolve the issue if they are willing. If not, you can simply reply to their neutral with something innocent that makes you look like the reasonable side in the transaction. Don't fire back at them immaturely. Remember, buyers are able to technically leave feedback twice since they can also respond once more to your initial response.

i always put:

No emails, see fb they left for others. bad comm. beware.troublemaker
The Following User Says Thank You to Paypal_Victim For This Useful Post:
tinyurl (06-23-2011)
Old 06-23-2011

Longevity: 86%

When a buyer leaves a neut or a neg for a seller with mostly good feedback they are in fact shooting themselves in the foot. If you reply cleverly you can make them look unreasonable,

I had a buyer complain about a minor scratch on a vintage item. She expected it to be pristine. As there was a scratch I refunded her and told her she did not have to trouble to return the item.

She still left a neut saying "I will not buy from this seller again" and trashed my DSRs.

I wrote to the buyer asking her to undergo mutual fb revision and explaining what harm she had done but she refused to respond. I pointed out that I had the right to reply and could do so in a way which made it look like service she had behaved vindictively despite recieving excellent customer service.

I replied saying something like "Minor scratch on 80 year old item, refunded & got to keep" which makes the buyer look mean and vindictive with no appreciation of antique items.

This buyer knew what she was doing - she has been on eBay for about 4 years but buys little. Now the reply is on her front page and liklely to be there for an age.
The Following User Says Thank You to biglouis999 For This Useful Post:
tinyurl (06-23-2011)
Old 06-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
First, buying feedback does nothing for repositioning the neutrals and negatives left from customers. When a customer views your items for sale, then clicks your feedback profile from the listing, all they see is the feedback from selling. Nifty little trick eB ay put in place in the past year or two. Second, you can always reply to feedback. But, why not continue to attempt to resolve it with the customer? You have 30 days to submit a revision request, so that gives time to resolve the issue if they are willing. If not, you can simply reply to their neutral with something innocent that makes you look like the reasonable side in the transaction. Don't fire back at them immaturely. Remember, buyers are able to technically leave feedback twice since they can also respond once more to your initial response.
thanks never realized ebay just showed the selling fb
The Following User Says Thank You to tinyurl For This Useful Post:
longstory (10-21-2011)
Old 06-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Thank to all of you who replied, I guess I just got upset about that buyer, i did leave the fb
please contact me if you feel you purchased the wrong item.

It has not affected my sales, that was awhile ago.

as I mentioned this buyer did this to other sellers

After being on ebay for 11 yrs now and getting my first neutral from a buyer just irked me that day.

There were plenty of times with things I have purchased I could have left a neutral, especially with poor packaging, as long as the item is fine I'm ok with it but I don't leave as many stars for shipping

I could not leave a neutral if I rec'd the item in good shape

What irks me is sellers sending a DVD set that includes 5-6 dvds in a regular business envelope, no padding etc.
Old 10-02-2011

Longevity: 76%

Thanks for the answers it'll help me alot when a buyer leaves negative feedback!