No Answer to Review Revision Request after being Blackmailed and Scammed - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 09-04-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default No Answer to Review Revision Request after being Blackmailed and Scammed

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site and here's my dilemma.

1. I sold a dog cage COVER to a buyer, who apparently did not read my listing title or the description and claimed that he wanted a dog cage, not cage COVER.

2. The buyer then wanted to returned the item, telling Ebay that he does not need it any more. Supposedly, per our store policy, buyer has to pay for return shipping because it is not our fault. But I wanted to make my customer happy so I provided him with a prepaid shipping label for his return. I messaged him on Ebay to inform him that I will send the shipping label to his registered Paypal email. (this is because Ebay does not let me attach the label in their message)

3. Buyer suddenly left negative review, saying that I did not provide any return label. When I contacted him, buyer said that he "instructed Ebay" to tell me to send his label (free of charge) by mail. Obviously the buyer has read my message because he knew I was going to send him something.

4. After messaging him on Ebay, I came to the point where buyer demanded to receive his refund immediately or he'll not change his review. Being a new seller with less than 100 feedbacks, I gave in and refunded him everything. I also told him that he can keep the cage cover as our gift (worth $23) because I know it's better not to prolong the problem with all the shipping and return hassles for such a crazy buyer.

5. Buyer said he will retract his review. I sent him a negative feedback revision form. It's been nearly a week and I have not heard back from him. I tried messaging him both on Ebay and to his Paypal email but no reply. It's almost as if he saw the refund and immediately turned off Ebay and never came back.

Now I just feel so stupid. I was blackmailed and scammed by a buyer. It just feels wrong. I don't know what else I can do. The only thing I want is for him to change his feedback but the ***hole got my money, my merchandise and still decided to screw up my store with his unreasonable feedback.

Sorry for such a long post, but please help! What else should I do?...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2015
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: No Answer to Review Revision Request after being Blackmailed and Scammed

Similar thing happened to me, I reported the buyer to eBay but nothing happened. I suggest try reporting and calling ebay and let us know the results...
Old 09-05-2015

Longevity: 60%
Default Re: No Answer to Review Revision Request after being Blackmailed and Scammed

I have in the past been able to have eBay step in and remove feedback when users are trying to manipulate/scam. I had the same scenario but with a cell phone, I called eBay and they removed the negative feedback.
Old 09-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

As long as your account has no issues, I would report it to eBay. Especially if this is your REAL account.

Luckily, these buyers are few and far between. We used to be able to warn other sellers, but since we can no longer leave negative feedback, even when the buyer is either crazy or a scammer, we have very little protection. Was this exchange all through eBay's messaging system? It would give them something to review.
Old 09-05-2015

Longevity: 53%

If your account is fully legit, I suggest calling EB, telling them everything, and asking to remove the neg. Should work!