Overall advice needed here - read the whole stealth guide but it's not 100% applicabl - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-22-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
Default Overall advice needed here - read the whole stealth guide but it's not 100% applicabl

Hi forum,
First of all thank you all in advance for any help that's provided.
Myself and my 2 customer service employees sat together and watched the entire stealth guide, but we feel like we are still not sure about a few things because our specific application was not addressed in great detail.

We previously had a very well established ebay account that was selling $100k+ / month and we were doing it the right way, no scams or any bad stuff. I won't get into why we got suspended because it's a long story, but the jist of it is a newly hired employee made a few mistakes (2 defects caused the suspension out of over 700 orders).

We want to re-establish a new solid ebay account right back to where we were before - if we can get a legit account back up and running 100% we will never get suspended again after everything we learned with 10 hours of calls with ebay. To support our business we'll want something like 5000/$500k but will likely need to eventually be higher than even $500k. We've already purchased an account from a member here that is $100k+/month. We are planning to make a business ebay account, a business paypal, everything legit with new EIN, new address etc.

Assumptions: Please assume that we already understand things like changing EIN, IP etc if not mentioned below.

Questions:
Name: In one place the guide mentions that it's okay to change your first name slightly to avoid suspicion, like Robert Smith to Bob or Bobby Smith. But is it a problem to change from Bob Smith to Bobby Smith? I know that might sound funny but the name bob is literally inside of Bobby so depending on the search it could come up. Similar like Chris and Christophe etc.

Address: It's easy for us to get a virtual office address but it would be insanely more convenient if we could actually have our returns truly come to our office because the items we sell often have big boxes and can weigh around 40lbs. We are already looking at moving to another office because we need more space, but the address is extremely similar. Example: 12345 Maple St Suite A and new address in same business park would be 12346 Maple St Suite D. There are 2 parts to this question - does the number of the address changing by 1 digit change enough for ebay not to flag it and/or does the suite number impact this as well?

For both the 2 questions above about Name and Address i know a lot of people are going to reply with things like "don't chance it" etc but I'm looking for some people that KNOW 100% for sure what is being looked at, not just guessing.

Paypal: How much information access do we know that paypal grants to ebay?
-Business name and/or contact name?
-IP addresses?
-EINs/SSNs?

Also we are curious if anyone knows if the way ebay hunts for previously suspended users on new accounts just automatically with basically robots/computers or if there is like a specific team of real people doing things to try to catch them. And that being said, are there things in particular that can trigger the computers and/or real people to doing a more "in depth" search into an account (like a temp suspension) or is ebay constantly always doing the same in depth search into all accounts all the time no matter what?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-24-2018

Longevity: 34%
Default Re: Overall advice needed here - read the whole stealth guide but it's not 100% appli

Hi, I cannot answer your question about the name or what pp grants to ebay. However I can tell you that as long as the address changes by one digit you will be fine. Think about apartments etc, or PO boxes where the numbers are only off by one. It follows the same principle as IP address where as long as it changes by one there are no links or red flags. Hopefully someone else can help out with the other questions.
Old 06-25-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Overall advice needed here - read the whole stealth guide but it's not 100% appli

Quote:
if we can get a legit account back up and running 100% we will never get suspended again
Sorry....that's just wishful thinking.
Old 06-25-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
For both the 2 questions above about Name and Address i know a lot of people are going to reply with things like "don't chance it" etc but I'm looking for some people that KNOW 100% for sure what is being looked at, not just guessing.
What you are looking for is a Mole Inside Ebay.

Quote:
-IP addresses?
-EINs/SSNs?
Whatever Ebay request, PayPal will grant it.

Quote:
Also we are curious if anyone knows if the way ebay hunts for previously suspended users on new accounts just automatically with basically robots/computers or if there is like a specific team of real people doing things to try to catch them.
Ebay uses "software" that is running 24/7. The software is probably checking for similarities between accounts, names, addresses, listings titles, listing descriptions, cookies.

Quote:
And that being said, are there things in particular that can trigger the computers and/or real people to doing a more "in depth" search into an account (like a temp suspension) or is ebay constantly always doing the same in depth search into all accounts all the time no matter what?
Ebay isn't going to hire people to sit at Computers trying to link you when it already has software for that. Ebay gives it's software full control of either perm limiting your or a soft limit on your account.
Old 07-03-2018

Longevity: 33%

following post
Old 07-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarbony View Post
following post
Congrats on 10
Old 07-04-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrish View Post
Hi forum,
First of all thank you all in advance for any help that's provided.
Myself and my 2 customer service employees sat together and watched the entire stealth guide, but we feel like we are still not sure about a few things because our specific application was not addressed in great detail.

We previously had a very well established ebay account that was selling $100k+ / month and we were doing it the right way, no scams or any bad stuff. I won't get into why we got suspended because it's a long story, but the jist of it is a newly hired employee made a few mistakes (2 defects caused the suspension out of over 700 orders).

We want to re-establish a new solid ebay account right back to where we were before - if we can get a legit account back up and running 100% we will never get suspended again after everything we learned with 10 hours of calls with ebay. To support our business we'll want something like 5000/$500k but will likely need to eventually be higher than even $500k. We've already purchased an account from a member here that is $100k+/month. We are planning to make a business ebay account, a business paypal, everything legit with new EIN, new address etc.

Assumptions: Please assume that we already understand things like changing EIN, IP etc if not mentioned below.

Questions:
Name: In one place the guide mentions that it's okay to change your first name slightly to avoid suspicion, like Robert Smith to Bob or Bobby Smith. But is it a problem to change from Bob Smith to Bobby Smith? I know that might sound funny but the name bob is literally inside of Bobby so depending on the search it could come up. Similar like Chris and Christophe etc.

Address: It's easy for us to get a virtual office address but it would be insanely more convenient if we could actually have our returns truly come to our office because the items we sell often have big boxes and can weigh around 40lbs. We are already looking at moving to another office because we need more space, but the address is extremely similar. Example: 12345 Maple St Suite A and new address in same business park would be 12346 Maple St Suite D. There are 2 parts to this question - does the number of the address changing by 1 digit change enough for ebay not to flag it and/or does the suite number impact this as well?

-IP addresses?
-EINs/SSNs?

Also we are curious if anyone knows if the way ebay hunts for previously suspended users on new accounts just automatically with basically robots/computers or if there is like a specific team of real people doing things to try to catch them. And that being said, are there things in particular that can trigger the computers and/or real people to doing a more "in depth" search into an account (like a temp suspension) or is ebay constantly always doing the same in depth search into all accounts all the time no matter what?

Use the code from the stealth guide in this forum to get free VIP access.
It'll also show up in your profile that you actually have it.
Old 07-06-2018

Longevity: 51%

Nobody knows 100% for sure whether an account will get flagged. It is a case by case scenario. Even on a brand new stealth account that is "100% legal / legit" the only safe way to get up to selling those numbers is if you are doing it in low risk categories and / or slowly building up to it over a year or more. Think of account flagging as a point system. Say it's 10 points and 5 or more is suspicious then a similar name and similar address could be 2 points. Now you need to be careful not to do anything else they see as suspicious. Unfortunately to them a new seller knowing how to use ebay and diving right into heavy sales is suspicious.