FR%OMM002 restriction specific question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-02-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default FR%OMM002 restriction specific question

Hello everyone, just a quick question:

I was recently hit with the FR%OMM002 restriction. It reads this if you are not familiar: "Your listing activity has been restricted to ensure a safe trading
environment for you and the eBay Community, as well as allow us to
confirm some information including your identity and your current
business practices."

Anyways they are now asking for my drivers license, receipts of the items I currently listed on ebay, and a bank/credit card statement.

I am confident that the reason I have this restriction in place is because of my recent high volume sales of Air Jordans (all 100% authentic). I have over 420+ feedback that has accumulated rather quickly these past few months with dsr's of at least 4.8 in each category so poor track record with customers is not the reason. If the quantity of sales is not the reason, what do you think is the reason?

What would your advice be to me in this situation? Thanks in advance everyone, I greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by jsjumpman49; 08-03-2011 at 02:04 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Well you see to be doing everything that ebay says you cannot do so what do you want us to say?

You are selling nikes without a business rep contract from Nike so they are probably gotten in a questionable manner or are ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

Your DSR's are getting questionable. what are your dsr 1/s and 2's like on your dashboard?

How many opened and closed cases do you have on the dashboard?

Those things combined with the items you are selling are getting you into trouble. The best advice is to stop selling them. If you didnt buy them from a nike distributor rep then you are not selling nikes legally. just a fact...
Old 08-03-2011
Threadstarter  

My DSR's are 4.9 and 5.0 for item description and communication. 4.8 and 4.9 for shipping time and shipping costs. Pretty good I'd say. Only 1 closed case from selling over the past yr.

I have a question in regards to your claim that I cannot sell nikes without a business rep. Every shoe that I buy is pretty much from ebay. I just resell them there, that's all. I don't buy them overseas from China or anything like that. If your claim is true, then wouldn't everyone selling on ebay need some sort of "business rep contact" to resell anything?
Old 08-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsjumpman49 View Post
I have a question in regards to your claim that I cannot sell nikes without a business rep. Every shoe that I buy is pretty much from ebay. I just resell them there, that's all. I don't buy them overseas from China or anything like that. If your claim is true, then wouldn't everyone selling on ebay need some sort of "business rep contact" to resell anything?
Send this excuse to eB ay and they will slaughter you.
Old 08-03-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Send this excuse to eB ay and they will slaughter you.
Can you explain why its illegal to resell things that I have legally bought? This is the way ebay functions...
Old 08-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

High volume sales for a highly counter feited item in which you have no invoices for.

You could have easily bought counter feits from someone else, you just assume they are authentic for whatever reason? Do you have any idea how many scammers attempt this excuse?

EB does not care what you think is right or wrong, they just follow their extremely strict every day procedure to prevent legal issues. When it comes to authenticity, you better d*mn well have an invoice for your high volume sales or they will send you packing.
Old 08-03-2011
Threadstarter  

^^^ thanks for your reply. So receipts from online purchases from ebay will not cut it? Even if everything I sell is 100% authentic, I have online receipts for all of my purchases and I have had 0 problems with customers?

And if they do send me packing, do you think it will be a permanent ban or just a limited suspension?

Thanks for all your input
Old 08-03-2011

Longevity: 78%

I was buying and re-selling mobile phones on eBay. They do NOT like this act of buying on eBay, tarting up the description and then re-selling. It's high risk activity.
Old 08-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsjumpman49 View Post
My DSR's are 4.9 and 5.0 for item description and communication. 4.8 and 4.9 for shipping time and shipping costs. Pretty good I'd say. Only 1 closed case from selling over the past yr.

Actually I was not referring to your DSR number. I was talking about on the dashboard where it shows how many low 1's and 2's you have gotten. That is what will kill your account.

You can have 4.8's and 4.9's all day long and be suspended or limited due to having just a couple low 1's and 2's

as for the business contract for selling Nike products. YES you have to have a contract from Nike themselves to sell new inventory of their product. You have to be an authorized dealer, You think they just have a wholesale catalog for people that want to sell in bulk??? They dont!!!

Ebay will dump you for buying your product on ebay and reselling like that. They have no way to see if they are real or not.
Old 08-03-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
Actually I was not referring to your DSR number. I was talking about on the dashboard where it shows how many low 1's and 2's you have gotten. That is what will kill your account.

You can have 4.8's and 4.9's all day long and be suspended or limited due to having just a couple low 1's and 2's

as for the business contract for selling Nike products. YES you have to have a contract from Nike themselves to sell new inventory of their product. You have to be an authorized dealer, You think they just have a wholesale catalog for people that want to sell in bulk??? They dont!!!

Ebay will dump you for buying your product on ebay and reselling like that. They have no way to see if they are real or not.
I have never received a dsr of 1 or 2. In regards to me selling "new inventory", I'm not sure I would call them new. A lot of my shoes are pre-owned and for the ones that are brand new, they are at least 3+ yrs old so I am not selling new releases of Nikes/Jordans.

Anyways, I submitted all the information they asked for. Are the chances very high that I will be suspended for life?
Old 08-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

You dont realize but at best id say 50% of the shoes you re-sold are ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
Old 08-04-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
You dont realize but at best id say 50% of the shoes you re-sold are ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
nahh man, I've been in the Jordan game my whole life. Def have a discerning eye and don't mess with ⊗⊗⊗⊗. period.
Old 08-04-2011
Threadstarter  

just an update for you all:

I submitted all the information and heard back from them within 24 hrs. They have accepted all of my information, including my online paypal receipts. So those saying that online receipts are not sufficient are not correct, at least in this case.

Thank you all for your responses, I was sooo close to going stealth but hopefully that is going to be avoided. thanks again!
Old 08-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Never hurts to have other stealth backups
Old 08-04-2011

Longevity: 78%

Good result.

How did you get receipts for eB purchases, or did you just explain to them that you bought all your stock from eB?
Old 08-04-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensignia View Post
Good result.

How did you get receipts for eB purchases, or did you just explain to them that you bought all your stock from eB?
online receipts are emailed after each ebay purcahse so I provided them with those.