Here to share some stuff.... - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-12-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

You must be a writer then.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-12-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%

lol I thought that was obvious :D
Old 08-13-2007

Modee, as long as you're on, how many Google Checkout transactions did you have before the big $9500 goose? Do you foresee any problems with a 1K+ transaction with them first up?

Also, I just registered for a privatephone line. Do you need to dress it up as a real business line with name, corporation, etc, or did you just leave it at the starting setting? Did you register the line under business or personal name?
Old 08-13-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Geez, his mind runs at supersonic boom speed! Slow down
Old 08-14-2007
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 98%
Default Jack... Just type the question...

"Translation: This IS what you were referring to. I've never had to have a P.O box yet. Just put the address you wish the item shipped to on your other addresses and have that address confirmed. It doesn't have to be your main address. Like you said, no one cares as long as it's a confirmed addy and the seller is paid. Problem solved."

PO Boxes... Yes, I have PO boxes for buyers to send payments to. As far as when I am the buyer, I send a check or money order and the address I want the seller to ship it to which could be a po box or a addres.

You can also use the po boxes as the address for PP or Ebay... or you can use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ addy and only accept online payment.

"I have no problem with chatting. It's the attempted bank fraud implications that bother me. You didn't mention anything about my signature question. I'll assume that if we're talking about attempted bank fraud you'd want to take as many precautions as necessary. Something just doesn't smell legal about this. The misspelled name thing might work though without getting into too many fraud issues, as would perhaps the /blah blah. To each his own on the rest."

Hmm.. Attempted bank fraud??? What is fraud? The name you are using is made up and in order for there to any fraud, the person would have to complain that you cashed there MO/Check. Seeing as you are that person I doubt you are going to be filing against yourself. We are not talking about stealing someones checks or money orders and then trying to cash them. We are talking about deposting payments sent to you. You can (and it is not against the law) to double endorse instruments of payment (i.e. check/MO)

"Translation: You just contradicted yourself! You cannot "verify" until you add these items yet you said you've never had to verify! I know how to verify, but the words you're using just don't add up. Unless, again, as I asked, you're referring to "verify" in terms of providing documents to paypal and your SSN. But you never answered that. Please explain your intentions by these statements."

Oh MY.... Please forgive me for not differentiating the word "verify" correctly. Here it is again....
I "verify" myself with paypal by adding a credit card, a bank account and paying the fing $1.95

I have never been ask to "verify" myself by providing a SS #, suppliers, invoices, bills such as utility or credit card.
There are 2 types and I am sorry that I did not make that distinction correctly. When your account is "limited" that is when they truly ask you to "verify" yourself.

So I did not contradict myself. I "verified" myself as PP likes to call it with bank and CC. When you do this the word "Verified" appears in your account. When they limit your account then you need to be "Verified" another way.

You need to read what is written in the context that it is presented. Not try and take things out of context.

"Result: I never intimated that I didn't know what you were saying in this last statement. But you didn't answer my question either. How are you determining that these "⊗⊗⊗⊗" people don't in fact work at this location? What's to stop Joe Bob from working there and you just fowarded all their mail to you unknowingly? As I asked - Do you check the directory of that business or just guess? And as for receiving a card in someone else's name and trying to use it at a store, have you been in one lately? They have little boxes you sign for and check id. If you're using someone "else's" card, they'll know about it. As for the "wear a ski mask" comment for bank w/d's, well we know how well that would go down. See 6 o'clock news again."

The names associated with the addresses do not work or reside there. Especially, if you do your research as I explained in obtaining address. If you are also worried about a name call that place and ask for "so and so" to cure your worries.
Have I been to a store lately... LOL Yes, What store do you shop in where the cashier actually asked to see your drivers license or check the signature on the back of the card. Most stores (in NJ) has the nice little CC swipe that you swipe the card thru and then sign the LCD screen. Most cashiers do not even touch the card anymore.

6 O'Clock News... What are you talking about.. the lady that went in a robbed the bank with a hat on??? When you go to the ATM there is no teller or bodygaurd there stopping you before you put the card in. Also, in the winter time most people around here are wearing ski gear when they go in which includes there hat, mask... You worry to much. It is your worrying that is going to trip you up...

"Result: Still ambiguous. The address that was on the account MAY have been from an old suspended account, but the account has NEVER been linked to ebay. You're saying that doesn't matter, that even though I've deleted the address BEFORE linking the account, if I try to link it now with the good address that has NEVER been Naru'd, I will be suspended, or will the fact that I deleted that address before doing any of this save me from this problem?"

Not really, you just are reading so deeply into things you are blinded. If you really think the Ebay and PP don't talk with one another or search their databases you are sadly mistaken... But like I said before... try it and if it works it works... if it does not and you get NARU'd then you will know. I do not put any additional information on accounts as this way there is no chance of them connecting the two.. so why bother, but you obviously have a reason, so all I can say is try it out and let us know. I will bet my bottom dollar though, that if the prior info was from a NARU'd account, then you cn kiss this one goodbye as well.

"I disagree with this statement. Paypal once could do this--that's true--but recent lawsuits have made this (drawing money out of your account) now impossible. Or at least not legal for them to do so. Result: If they ever did try this, you could sue them and win."

So what part are you disagreeing with???? The fact that paypal can not go into your savings account? or if they did you can sue them.. that is itself is contradictory don't you think.... They can't but if they did you can sue them??? Why go thru the hassle... I explained why I used savings accounts, so I do not know what your are disagreeing with.

"I have had much luck with just telling them "if you want to mail payment to send to this address: XXX" Seems to work fine. I've never had a complaint. A question one time, but after I explained that we have a separate department for that, it was fine. I don't see much of a need of this step, but your mileage may vary. "

And your question is what?????
But to throw something back at you, what if it is "ebay" employee that bought it and you sent that info... And they wondered how come the addresses did not match???
You do what is best for you.... what I do has worked for me for over 8 years now... SO I am happy with my results. What I state is not gospel or written in stone, it is what has worked for me.

"Sound information. Thanks. However this won't work on unique items quite as well. People will know who you are by what you're selling. For everyday items, I'm sure this strategy works fine."

If you think so then that is what will hinder you in progressing... After all your can take photos from different angles, lighting and backgrounds. Offering different S/H prices... basically change things around.

"Yes but you still didn't address whether it was possible with dial-up. I would just let this one die as you've addressed it before, but back at the top of this thread, what you said sounded very much like a fix for ALL aol connections, not just broadband, and this is a contradiction. Which is it please?"

What contradiction? I HAVE DSL not dialup.. if you use a dial up service like netzero, then connect to the internet and then open up aol. You are not opening up AOL and then dialing out for a connection.

"
To clarify, you are speaking of replying through regular email on your terms? If you do not use email which allows beacons or cookies, you should be relatively safe in this. Also, you can elect to remove the headers if you want. And as you mentioned, you can also use a proxy. You don't have the benefit of any of this if you respond through My Messages I take it? If this is true, I could definately see a problem. So how would you prevent the spam, or have you ever had an issue with this by corresponding through email to buyers and sellers?"

Yes, I am speaking of going thru my own email system... But I think you can answer that one yourself... Unless you know a special place on ebay when you can choose how you want the email to be send.. ie stripping the header, cookies, etc etc.... Can you set that thru ebay? NO

"Once again I ask, how do you avoid being turned in for this? Ebay has people so brainwashed that any off ebay sales are bad, how do you help to turn them around, or do you just point them in the direction, cross your fingers and hope everything turns out ok?"

You are allow to solicit thru email, if the buyer emails you. You can not just send emails to buyers or the bidders on your auctions. If an email comes in asking you a question, you can have a link to "more info" or your website when you send the email back to them. But once again, I use my own email system, I do not go thru ebays system.
Old 08-14-2007
Threadstarter  

"Donenvy: im an pretty much sure AOL 9.0VR is not free. uk or usa one, via as many email addresses you can think of ive tried. called AOL TECH and they said it is not free. well anyways im not trying to install this software anymore i spent the last 1hr 10 mins trying to get it off my computer. is it just me or is anyone else had the same problem.
ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO UNINSTALL AOL 9.0VR???"

Aol is free... Here is a video tutorial, hope it helps
Get Aol

Aol Tech Support lied to you or the are new or just plain stupid....
Old 08-14-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
CAN I USE THESE FOREIGN I.P ADDRESSES FOR EBAY AND PP???
If you use a foreign IP and you are in the US, Yes flags will be raised. If you are using them and you have an account setup with that as the area/region then you should be ok.
I.E. I have an account in California, with a California address and I use a proxy to come out of that area and I am fine.
Old 08-14-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
FeeBay, the way you wrote your first post in this thread, it sounds very much like you can sign on as a guest to the aol software using your existing internet connection. AOL blocks me every time I try--assuming it is because the software tries to dial. If there is a way around that or if you did in fact NOT intend to say that this will work for dial-up too, please state that here. Presently I have had to sign up for a Paid AOL account in order to do this. And the b@stards billed me right off the bat instead of waiting the 60 days. But that's between me and AO-Hell. Anyway, please confirm. Thanks
See the video
Old 08-14-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It's time to bring out Hemingway's "crap detector" and prune away the fustian. Or, as Woody Allen put it, "Simplify, always Simplify."
Hmm.. I do not know how to take this statement??? Is it pertaining to what I wrote???
Old 08-14-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Also, I just registered for a privatephone line. Do you need to dress it up as a real business line with name, corporation, etc, or did you just leave it at the starting setting? Did you register the line under business or personal name?
Why would you leave it with their setting?? It tells people that is is a privatephone.com account. If you want to be business like, then make it seem like a business, leave your own welcome message. If you do not care what it seems like then leave it alone.
Old 08-14-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Nice stuff FeeBay Balling.
Old 08-14-2007

I'll have more of a response later but for now...

The part I was disagreeing with about Paypal not being able to go into your account was the checking account, not savings. If you meant savings, we were on two different pages. Of course now they can't go into either, but I've since read it's a better idea for double protection to just deposit into a savings account and then transfer out as needed.

And...

About deleting information from your Paypal account-- the point I wanted to make was that the address (email or simply physical address) that is to be deleted has not been affiliated with any suspended account nor the accounts linked (paypal to ebay) YET. However, if I were to link the accounts before removing that information, I might have a definate problem. Are you saying it won't matter if I delete it now (before linking) or not...once Paypal has that information in their files, regardless of whether you delete it on your side, they still have it forever? And using that information, once you link the two accounts (paypal and ebay) together, they can then use that information in their database to suspend your account?

And one small last point on aol...you mentioned to sign in through a guest account. This is apparently where we parted company, because though this may be how to do it for dsl, it won't work through dial-up the same way. Once you're connected, yes you can go to aol.com but you'll still have to sign on as a guest to use their service. That's when it tries to connect you as it searches for your name.
Old 08-22-2007

Longevity: 96%

ok Ive been through all the instructions. I have always been bounced within 2 months. I dont want to sound lik a looser or defietest but HAS ANYBODY ACTUALLY RUN AN ACCOUNT AFTER BIENG SUSPENDED FOR MORE THAN12 MONTHS!!!
Old 08-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrei View Post
ok Ive been through all the instructions. I have always been bounced within 2 months. I dont want to sound lik a looser or defietest but HAS ANYBODY ACTUALLY RUN AN ACCOUNT AFTER BIENG SUSPENDED FOR MORE THAN12 MONTHS!!!
was it the merchandise u were selling that was getting u in trouble or does it just seem like they are out to get u?
Old 08-24-2007

feebay, i went through your video tutorial of setting up aol 9.0 vr and still getting the same problems. plus few steps in your video didnt appear as i tried them. u may be the lucky one. if it makes you feel any better you can try remote assistant my computer and see for yourself. but i wanted to know is there anything i can do from here? like is the an alternative to aol 9.0vr?
Old 08-24-2007

feebay. i tried your video but still getting the same problems. also there were a few steps that were different to your video. if it makes you feel any better you can try remote assistant my compuetr and you can see for yourself. but i wanted to ask you is there anything i can do myself from this end, is there an alternative to the aol 9.0vr???
Old 08-26-2007

i am very confused with banking information between Aspkin saying and you saying.Aspkin said :"Enter false banking information. Keep your routing number the same, but change your actually account number. Simply change a few numbers". You said :"I go and get a savings account. You can even get them online now with most banks without leaving the house" .So i want to know i enter the false banking information or correct banking information?
If you were right ,will i apply for pairing an banking information for eBay account number?
Old 08-26-2007

2 things.

I used the prepaid phone card and it was a life saver when ebay wanted to verify my account. Im selling through autiva and not using paypal just merchant +. Am I flaged now that they had to verify my phone #

Also I intend to open another ebay acct using turbolister. I am a bit confused on what every body states in linking accounts. Is it ok to use a new PP email address and bank (Its an old verified account that did get shut down) when i am in turbo lister I check the box and ad my new email. Is this linked?
Old 08-27-2007

When signing up with a simon card do you use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address that you would use on ebay so the two addresses match.. Please reply..
Old 08-28-2007

I am confused with some information in your first thread .

You said: Get a prepard card like using simon cards or from a store. Reloadable if you want.
i ask:what does the "Reloadable"mean?

You said: Then lets the accounts sleep for awhile - no activity at all.
i ask: how long do i let the accounts sleep ?
Does this "Activity" refer to activity of buyer account or seller account?

You said: I get my prepaid card out that I purchased.i ask: Did you mean get money out of prepaid card?

You said: 1 week before I will begin to sell I open up my ebay and paypal account that I want to sell on and update the information. (note: this is why you when you set them up you keep the addresses within your area or if you made the mistake of putting in an address that is away from where you are then you need to go get a po box in that area. Use the reason that you work in the area and it is easier to pick your mail up there if they ask).
i ask: now that you have set up addresses within your area when you set up account,why do you said update the information 1 week before I will begin to sell?
Old 08-28-2007

YOU said:I get a prepaid cell phone. Cheap crap that means nothing. In case ebay wants to call me... lol.
I ask:now that you have apply for phone number from AOL.com,Why do you need to get a prepaid cell phone? Do i must do it ?
Old 09-01-2007

Question Aol accounts

Hi all, was trading for many years on ebay then bang 11 ids wiped out over night linking to an account 3 years old crazy. Anyways I'm on a re build now and loved the aol idea (cheers feebay) and went about doing it, I got it all sorted and checked the ip and yes it was indeed different (result) i have then made a new ebay id via this. I logged out closed down AOL re opened it and pulled up the ip and it was the same as before, how can you make sure it is different to allow for multiple sepearte account set ups as stated in your superb post Feebay? I have left it a whole day and it still brings up the same aol ip as yesterday even after logging off and turning connection off for a night? any ideas??