Anyone else tired talking about eBay suspensions? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-01-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%
Thumbs down Anyone else tired talking about eBay suspensions?

I know I am! I've been doing it for almost a YEAR now. My first post on eBay suspensions was created July 14, 2006: Ebay Suspension / Suspended Accounts . The one that started it all...

Then I created a second guide. I said to my self. Well this generated traffic, lets try to duplicate it and see what happens.

More on Ebay Suspended Accounts Suspension

That was a time killer! But who cares, let's create a final guide, a guide to answer all the questions, lol.

Final eBay Suspension / Suspended Account Guide

I finally had to cut off comments on these guides because of people asking too many questions. I created the forum for that.

But I'm to the point where, I don't care about eBay anymore. I really don't have much else to say.

Everything is in the forums and in the post I made. Everything you need to get around eBay suspensions.

So why are we all still talking about it? Are you tired of eBay? What else is there to talk about?

I'm not sure if I told you guys this, but I hate eBay.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-01-2007
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%

Im not tired, well I am, but I find it useful to talk about the monster and how to work the monster
Old 07-01-2007

Longevity: 99%

Modee, about Firfox, I like it but there is WAY too much memory leakage. Last night I was running something like 450K on Firefox alone!! I've looked around, asked a few people and it seems to be universal that this is a problem, but NO ONE has a solution. Do you have the same problem, and if so, how do you deal with it, or do you just turn off your computer/close Firefox regularly? I tend to keep it on and maybe that's the big issue.
Old 07-01-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Lol Modee. I found it seems to be more of a personal thing at eBay when you do everything to a T, and still get banned. People at eBay see your auctions, and recognize them. If they're paying attention and really want to get you, all they need to do is connect one thing. Do you use the same descriptions, same images, titles etc...? That's one of the reasons I recommended changing how your auctions look. But even doing that, it's not full proof. EBay is weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
lol I am still trying to figure out how on earth EBAY ever "finds me" even after following the Guide to a T.

It takes them anywhere from 2 - 6 months, but it seems like they eventually do link me to a past account. On the last one, I am pretty sure I did not slip up even, and on that account I was selling only my lower priced, under $100., items, so it really baffles me.

Only thing I could think of was maybe I used Safari browser for an instant, and it had some old cookies from EBAY Canada on it that were left over from a log on with a suspended account. Could have been that. Or maybe that I reported someone to T&S for feedback extortion and it somehow that email got in the hands of the one T&S guy who suspended a past account of mine and he recognized the listing? Dunno.

Now I keep to Firefox ONLY and set to delete cookies on every quit. I mind my own business and report no one. I am selling like gangbusters - including the expensive stuff - but have my back up accounts ready to go, just in case.
Old 07-01-2007

Longevity: 98%

Aspkin, your absolutely right. It's time out for ebay. I'm gonna take the plunge and start my own website, going to a conference on the 11th. Gonna learn about SEO and some other stuff. I'm a total noob at all of this so it may take me a while to get it all up and running, but I'm tired of the ebayphobia. I'm sure I'll be throwing some questions your way in a few weeks.
Old 07-01-2007

OK, I was about to post some listings on one of my well established accounts. I was wandering, about the pictures, is eBay really that smart?

You prolly know this, but THERE IS software that 'decodes' an image's content (i.e. color/pixel mapping) into text strings. I'm leaning towards thinking that they do run some type of automated scan on ads with pictures that relate to 'banned' accounts. Solution: I'll have to do a 1% size increase on all of them.

I'm so paranoid of eBay I feel like im in a spy movie everytime I open my browser.

What other channels do you guys use to sell your product? is Amazon or Nextag worth it?
Old 07-02-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by plight View Post
Aspkin, your absolutely right. It's time out for ebay. I'm gonna take the plunge and start my own website, going to a conference on the 11th. Gonna learn about SEO and some other stuff. I'm a total noob at all of this so it may take me a while to get it all up and running, but I'm tired of the ebayphobia. I'm sure I'll be throwing some questions your way in a few weeks.
That's probably the best thing you can do. Having your own website that will make sales for you constantly without fees and fear of it's loss is such a great thing. EBay has a huge market, but if you want to cut out some stress in your life, you should make your business site first and eBay second. The best thing you can do is to get started now and just start selling on your site ASAP. Once you have sales rolling in, you can make the site look nice later on. Trust me on this. It's better to get started now.
Old 07-02-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by plight View Post

Another thing, if you ever need help with Internet Marketing, I'm here. That's what I do. I'm an Internet Marketer; my job is to bring sales to my sites. EBay is only one of the thousands of things you can do to increase sales.
Old 07-02-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

I don't think eBay analyzes images, they only follow the URL. If the URL is coming from a personal site, and only one person is using that URL, it's not hard to connect the dots when you start using that URL again after being suspended. Read the guide about this for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likethemapples View Post
OK, I was about to post some listings on one of my well established accounts. I was wandering, about the pictures, is eBay really that smart?

You prolly know this, but THERE IS software that 'decodes' an image's content (i.e. color/pixel mapping) into text strings. I'm leaning towards thinking that they do run some type of automated scan on ads with pictures that relate to 'banned' accounts. Solution: I'll have to do a 1% size increase on all of them.

I'm so paranoid of eBay I feel like im in a spy movie everytime I open my browser.

What other channels do you guys use to sell your product? is Amazon or Nextag worth it?
Old 07-02-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Aspkin, I used to create all new listings every time - well, not ENTIRELY new but new uploaded images, change colors, mixed up the format. Now since I have about six different versions of every listing, I just rotate back to the oldest one used when suspended. In other words, EBAY is playing MY game now - not the other way around. It takes me minutes to get up and running again, not hours.

I end up stiffing them for fees so I always have the last laugh. I don't even think that recognizing my auctions per se has anything to do with it. I sell for the most part TWO categories of goods and I daresay I am the only guy on EBAY who does - and these two categories are quite disparate - so cloaking my auctions is a waste of time I think. Any T&S guy with half a brain could find me in a second if they searched on the basis of what two categories of goods I sell. For whatever reason, it still takes them 2 - 6 months.

I suppose if I really wanted to stay ahead of them I could create a separate account for each category, but what a pain that would be switching IP addresses and keeping track.

When I get around to it, I am going to either sue or go to arbitration on my first account. There is a two year statute of limitations on this action in California. Until then, I just stay one jump ahead of them and am still selling ma$$. The downside is loss of time. The upside - is - no fees!

Jack - I have 16Gb of memory on my machine, and 4Gb on my laptop so memory is not an issue if that is what you are getting at.
Well at least its every 2-6 months instead of every 2-4 weeks. It's not so bad for you then. Do you connect anything you do to your suspensions when it happens? Do you do something different for that day? Or do you mess up somewhere and accidentally link accounts? It's just weird you get kicked off so randomly.

And what do you have Modee, a server as a desktop? That's heck of a lot more memory then my server has running this site, and about half of my other sites.
Old 07-04-2007

If your auctions look different you avoid ant technical linkage and dont break ebay rules then why would they pay you any attention? If you breaK the rules (the only way to make real money) then from what I can see you have 30 days before they latch onto you and start removing listings. There seems to be a waiting list for action against transgressors. It makes sense for ebay to say to VERO members that they can only take action against persistent offenders rather than the numerous inadvertant offenders who eventually go away anyway. So it seems the best approach is if spam listing etc do it for a month and then switch to another account.

I think the key area for linkage is Paypal. Ebays key plank is the customer money back guarantee for paypal which it refers to in the listing. So Ebay must gather info from paypal regarding address verification. Often Ebay will state that a buyer has given an unverified address and to only send to the paypal address so it may well cross reference addresses.

Does anyone know if its safe to use the same camera?
Old 07-04-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollock2ebay View Post
If your auctions look different you avoid ant technical linkage and dont break ebay rules then why would they pay you any attention? If you breaK the rules (the only way to make real money) then from what I can see you have 30 days before they latch onto you and start removing listings. There seems to be a waiting list for action against transgressors. It makes sense for ebay to say to VERO members that they can only take action against persistent offenders rather than the numerous inadvertant offenders who eventually go away anyway. So it seems the best approach is if spam listing etc do it for a month and then switch to another account.

I think the key area for linkage is Paypal. Ebays key plank is the customer money back guarantee for paypal which it refers to in the listing. So Ebay must gather info from paypal regarding address verification. Often Ebay will state that a buyer has given an unverified address and to only send to the paypal address so it may well cross reference addresses.

Does anyone know if its safe to use the same camera?

I scared to use same cameras now. I took some pictures and uploaded it to image host site. Well after it got down loaded i got the the pop up advertisment screen advertising the same camera and accessories for the camera that I took the pictures with!!! I was shocked. I think your camera model is embedded in your pictures or somtheing
Old 07-04-2007

Yeah, Me too. I am tired of talking about it.
Lets start a discussion of how we can take on the giant and destroy it, not illegally, I mean legally. After all Ebay got started over Pez Dispensers, UHM....
Old 07-04-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBay Balling View Post
Lets start a discussion of how we can take on the giant and destroy it, not illegally, I mean legally. After all Ebay got started over Pez Dispensers, UHM....
Actually, i thought it was bennie babys
Old 07-05-2007

you can use the same camera. Things are not that complicated. If you know nothing about computers i know is scary at first. just use ImageShack® - Hosting for all your photos just like aspkin suggested.
Old 07-06-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid5000 View Post
just like aspkin suggested.

Yes, Just Like Aspkin Suggested.. Muhahhaha.. do what I Say. *crazy face
Old 07-06-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBay Balling View Post
I don't think eBay could be taken down; unless Google were to step up and become major competition... but why would they do that. EBay is one of their top paying customers! But then again, Google made checkout. Maybe Google is testing the waters and planning a sneak attack? I think Google is working on something, something better then base I hope!
Old 07-06-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I don't think eBay could be taken down; unless Google were to step up and become major competition... but why would they do that. EBay is one of their top paying customers! But then again, Google made checkout. Maybe Google is testing the waters and planning a sneak attack? I think Google is working on something, something better then base I hope!
But, if Google does take ebay down , they will not need their(ebay) money anyway because they will make a fortune off their own auction which will probably make up for the loss of ebay plus more
Old 07-10-2007

Have you guys been paying attention, ebay has already removed their adds from Google. Google tried to have a little party of their own to entice some of the ebay live crowd on the same day ebay was throwing thier shin dig and it back fired. Ebay got ticked off and pulled thier adds. But this battle was already coming as ebay had already refused to allow Google checkout as a payment method, stating that it was a system with an unproven track record, AKA new kid on the block. But, your right Aspkin I hope Google base isn't all their working on.
Old 11-21-2007

Longevity: 95%

It felt great when I auctioned my first item on ebay selling it for way more than I expected. Just knowing that the money I made on that one sale sitting on my butt at home was the same as waking up at the crack of dawn, driving for 20 minutes, working outside in all weather conditions (I used to fuel commercial planes at an airport) working on weekends, holidays, getting dirty and smelling like jet fuel, dealing with an ahole boss, for 20 hours a week and then going off to the next job ( a much better one at least that I still work) oh man talk about a freaking relief!!! :D well of course until I got suspended thanks to Vero!!!!! which led me here I started selling again on ebay luckily all thanks to you guys hopefully it will last.
Old 11-21-2007

Longevity: 95%

the best thing for you to do would be create a 1 or 2 other accounts and let them slowly build up feedback and reputation. JUST in case. but if nothing bad happens, you can even start using all 3 to get lots more cash. and if 1 gets closed, it wont be such a problem.