Auctiva - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > EBay Tools and Software

EBay Tools and Software General discussions on eBay tools & software, Auctiva, Turbo Lister, InkFrog, ShipStation and more.

Old 02-28-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%

Aspkin, everything happens from the Auctiva website. Nothing to download. You create an account and upload pictures/create auctions right there. It's a pretty nice service really, and I like some of the extras quite a lot. They have forums too. Oh, and it's FREE. Can't go wrong there.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Hmm, it would make sense that the ip comes from auctiva then. Your auctions only though. Once you log into your eBay account from your CPU, you'll still need to use a Fresh IP.
Old 03-01-2007
Executive [VIP]

thanks guys..you have been great help! this forum is great!
Old 03-01-2007

Default Auctive vs. Blackthorne

Jack,
I am thinking of using Auctiva. Have been using Blackthorne-Ebay's new Baby. But want to change things before restarting. Plus, had alot of trouble with Blackthorne. Does Auctiva track inventory? Sounds like you like it.
Old 03-01-2007

MSunderstood - I've heard Blackthorne is overly complicated. That's what I liked about Auctiva. Pretty simple interface, nicely layed out, lots of features, free images and you can save your listings for seemingly forever before loading them up for auction. I'm not sure about the inventory function though. I usually just sell one of an item at a time. They do have a good forum and it's a friendly community, so you might just sign up and ask some of the regulars. I'm sure someone will know the answer. One word of caution though, you might not want to advertise having been suspended. I'm still not too sure how "close" any of them are with ebay.
Old 03-05-2007

"Does anyone know if you push auctions thru Auctiva, is your IP address going along with it or is the IP addy coming from Auctiva's own? For instance...if I list an auction from a "ebay banned" PC thru Auctiva, will eBay know that?"

What is the answer to this question. I am dying to know.
Thanks!
Old 03-06-2007

Default Auctiva

If you've ever used Auctiva, you know what I'm talking about. When you first register for Auctiva, it sends a generated "token" that allows you to not have to supply your user id/password every time you upload to ebay from Auctiva, something like a "remember my password" option I guess. This "links" the Auctiva account to your ebay account just so information can be sent there like feedback and the like. Does anyone know if these tokens research your IP or other information that could lead to linking of accounts? It's been pretty well cleared that 3rd party sites and ebay do not share information, but in the case of the token, is this the exception?

I've been trying to figure out which is safer to use with the best chances of not being suspended--Turbo Lister or Auctiva. To this point Auctiva seemed the safe bet, but with this "token" thing, I'm just not sure, as it "may" have the potential to link an old account to your new account?

Anyone have some information to share to clear up this mystery?

By the way, if it hasn't been confirmed already, I found out turbo lister doesn't work by comparing different user id's within the program, but rather by your different IP addresses, so that's good to know. If you switch your IP or use dialup, you should be relatively safe using the program. At least that's what I've been informed by an employee.
Old 03-11-2007

Default Whose IP Address Does Ebay Detect If I use AUCTIVA ?

I have been going to a friends house to do ebay but now Im thinking of launching auctions from home.I am wondering if I NEVER log into ebay from home, AND never answer any emails from home is it SAFE to launch auctions from AUCTIVA or INKFROG or any other third party service?

Whose IP address would ebay detect if I listed this way?

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2007

I don't know but I'm steering far away from Turbo Lister and Auctiva until somebody has some answers. And with ebay's new less than great listing tool... it's not easy. If anyone finds out, please tell!!
Old 03-18-2007

I was wondering the same thing...Got pretty nervous on the verify token w/ mr poster. I use an image hosting image service and simply went to godaddy.com and bought a new domain, parked it with my image host. Now, my file structures remain on my FTP just a new domain name accesses them exactly the way it did with the old one. Worked pretty slick...Problem seems to be that all the file names are still the same. Not sure if the fact that folders and general image names are traced for similarities for a flag....guess we'll see in a few weeks
Old 03-18-2007

SUSPENDED 2007: I wouldn't do anything from a computer with an IP from a suspended account. Why not just change your IP on the home computer? I had to disconnect my entire network and do a hardline from computer to modem, then followed the Aspkin guided then re-setup my network. Worked like a charm...
Old 03-20-2007

Or for the fiscally challenged...just use dial up!
Old 04-11-2007

Default Modee, auctiva tokens/merchant account

I have an auctiva auction management account and a merchant account interagated in to auctiva that i use for 1 ebay account and i have another account with a seperate auctiva account but i didnt interagate the merchant account yet..

Now heres my question...

I pretty sure I can use the same merchant account with both auctiva accounts, but will ebay see that i'm using the same merchant account for both ebay accounts.\?

I dont think ebay can get that much info on my merchant account..
Old 04-13-2007

i hope not b/c that is what I am doing!!!
Old 04-14-2007

Default Using AUCTIVA, does Ebay track their IP or mine with scheduled listings?

So I finally am using Auctiva and am in love with it because you can schedule your auctions with less than 10 fb. I have 3 user names, and I hate resetting my modem everytime at X time of the day to list on X username. Besides that my modem is only in my basement.

However I just thought that when Auctiva does my user ID (we will call it X) scheduled listings, say at 10 PM, do my computer have to stay connected to that X IP or, I can shut my computer off, go back to my banned IP, and auctiva lists it through THEIR IP?

Because my old banned IP is using my wireless router, meaning I use the banned IP for everything else,everywhere in the house. I only directly connect to my modem when listing. If I were to be upstairs, NOT directly connected to my NEW IP during the time that my scheduled listing on Auctiva is listed (therefore browsing sites with my banned IP), would Auctiva use my banned IP to list ?

Or,would the scheduled listings go through AUCTIVAS servers?

Thank you very much! You have all been a great help to me!
Old 04-14-2007

I have a similar question, I am using my merchant account with Auctiva and Auctioncheckout. The merchant account was used with my old suspended user ID.

Now that I have a new ebay ID, can I still use my merchant account?

I will just change my info on Auctioncheckout to my new Ebay ID (new token etc) and make a new Auctiva account with the merchant info.

Will ebay see that my merchant account is the same as my suspended id and new id? Or they don't care about these 3rd party things
Old 04-14-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebay View Post
I have a similar question, I am using my merchant account with Auctiva and Auctioncheckout. The merchant account was used with my old suspended user ID.

I will just change my info on Auctioncheckout to my new Ebay ID (new token etc) and make a new Auctiva account with the merchant info.

Will ebay see that my merchant account is the same as my suspended id and new id? Or they don't care about these 3rd party things
I would assume that eBay would be able to get some info from 3rd party payment providers. Otherwise, I doubt they would allow them as payment methods. With this weeks new crackdowns, I'm just gonna assume eBay knows everything. No Greendot, 1 cent auctions and waiting 30 days to sell, in addition to everything else that has been discussed might give us a chance.
Old 04-14-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebay View Post

No, it isnt none of their business
Old 04-14-2007

thanks! I feel better now.

the past few weeks I feel like i've been holding my breath.
Old 04-14-2007

By the way, CPUGEEK, say right now I have 3 ebay accounts. Can I use Auctiva for all three? I mean does Auctiva list the auctions through their server? Would I be linked in any way? Thanks
Old 04-14-2007

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPUGEEK View Post
No, it isnt none of their business
The fact remains.. as of this week eBay now requires new sellers to provide Paypal. You can still offer a merchant account but we all know at least 90% will chose the paypal option if offered.
Old 04-14-2007

Hi, where do you get all these new regulations?

If I use Auctiva in China/overseas will Ebay take down my listings?