best dialup service? and can you use cable & dialup? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 08-06-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%

I have 2 questions-couldn't find the answers on a search.

1. What's the best dialup service? Looking at copper.net and they've got some pretty bad stuff to say about AOL, Earthlink, etc regarding security.

2. This may be a stupid question but I honestly don't know, LOL, and don't want to spend the money to get dialup if someone knows the answer. I have cox cable internet and would like to get dialup to sign on only when I have questions to answer (will use auctiva or ssb for everything else). Can I have a dialup service downloaded on my computer and use my cox internet all the time? Then just log onto the dialup only when I need it?

Thanks!!!

Oh, one more question-can you even get dialup if you don't have a home phone? Duh....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-06-2009

Longevity: 89%

You don't need a dial-up, just need to learn how to spoof Mac for IP changing. This will give you the best protection and fast speed.
Old 08-06-2009
Threadstarter  

Yes, I'm learning about that right now. Printed out vic's method. Hopefully it will go seamlessly for me so I don't have to get dialup!
Old 08-25-2009

Longevity: 89%

So if you spoof the MAC, should you create all your eBay accounts within the area you live so the geographical location of the IP matches your address information?

I've always used AOL dial up and used locations across the US. If I can use high speed somehow, let me know! :D
Old 08-25-2009

If you do decide to use dial-up, you can have both broadband and dial-up at the same time as I do.

When I login to the said windows user account to manage an ebay and Paypal account the first thing I do is:

Click "start" then "control panel" then "network and internet connections" and you will see two icons. One for the dial-up connection and one for the broadband connection. (assuming you have the dial-up provider installed already) Right click the broadband icon and select "disable"

You can now login using your dial-up connection with no chance of logging into ebay with your broadband ip.
The Following User Says Thank You to webguy For This Useful Post:
onceuponatime (09-18-2009)
Old 08-25-2009

Longevity: 90%

avoid copper.net...slow slow slow....
what is ssb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbennett View Post
I have 2 questions-couldn't find the answers on a search.

1. What's the best dialup service? Looking at copper.net and they've got some pretty bad stuff to say about AOL, Earthlink, etc regarding security.

2. This may be a stupid question but I honestly don't know, LOL, and don't want to spend the money to get dialup if someone knows the answer. I have cox cable internet and would like to get dialup to sign on only when I have questions to answer (will use auctiva or ssb for everything else). Can I have a dialup service downloaded on my computer and use my cox internet all the time? Then just log onto the dialup only when I need it?

Thanks!!!

Oh, one more question-can you even get dialup if you don't have a home phone? Duh....
Old 08-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottest_eBay_Goddess View Post
So if you spoof the MAC, should you create all your eBay accounts within the area you live so the geographical location of the IP matches your address information?

I've always used AOL dial up and used locations across the US. If I can use high speed somehow, let me know! :D
but you can't spoof it to get an ip address from another city/state right?
Old 08-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottest_eBay_Goddess View Post

but you can't spoof it to get an ip address from another city/state right?
Old 08-25-2009

Longevity: 91%

I use dial up from my old laptop mainly, and only to sign into Ebay accounts when I have to. This way I can never make IP mistake signing into my Stealth accounts, no clearing the cookies, nothing. And I almost gave away this old computer, but now have some use for it.