Virgin Broadband & Netgear 108 wireless router IP change help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 04-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Virgin Broadband & Netgear 108 wireless router IP change help

I have a Virgin Media Broadband & a Netgear 108 wireless router linked to 2 pcs, one mine and one for my daughter, I would assume both pcs have the same IP address, as they are on a wireless network. I can't fathom out how to change the IP address, which is the 1st step before open a fresh ebay a/c, is anyone able to help me, I just want to get back on Ebay, I bought a load of photographic products from a wholesaler just before I got suspended and want to sell them, to recoup my money
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-03-2008

Have to chime in on this one. I, too, have a wireless router for 2 pc's (one mine/one for my son) and a cable modem. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to change that darn IP with the router. Hoping a real techie will come along with the magic answer that doesn't require unplugging everything & disconnecting that network. It is a real pain in the tush to get the network up & running after a disconnect.
Old 04-03-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

thats a big downer, changing the ip is the 1st step before you can do anything at all, thanks for your replies, i'll ask on some tech forums and see if they know, what if i just bought another modem, that would have a different ip, wouldn't it?

does the problem lie with the router, if there was just one pc, would it be easy to change?

does the ip come from the router and not the modem?
Old 04-03-2008

Yes...the router is the problem...not the modem. I can easily connect directly to the modem and "poof", I get a new IP but I can't use that as the ultimate solution being I have 2 pcs needing the router for internet access.

I, too, tried a program called SMAC which changes the mac address which in turn, supposedly changes the ip address. Had no luck w/this though...too bad...SMAC is a great program.
Old 04-03-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyDisgusted View Post
Yes...the router is the problem...not the modem. I can easily connect directly to the modem and "poof", I get a new IP but I can't use that as the ultimate solution being I have 2 pcs needing the router for internet access.

I, too, tried a program called SMAC which changes the mac address which in turn, supposedly changes the ip address. Had no luck w/this though...too bad...SMAC is a great program.
So there is no way at all to change the IP on virgin wireless, they must be a way to do it, what about using uk proxies/anonymisers would that work?

I was told the easiest way to change the IP is to power off the modem and change the setting on the router of the mac address being seen on the WAN (internet) side of the router, before powering the modem back on.

I have not tried that, as I don't have a clue how to do it

Is there any service provider in the UK which the IP changes each time you log on, so you can open up fresh a/c's?

If the IP changes each time you use a pc, suppose you have 5 a/c's with ebay, the IP is changing all the time for the 5 a/c's would that make ebay take a look as to why the user keeps on having different ips with his a/cs?
Old 04-03-2008

Evening people. I have to say something here. IP (internet protocol addresses) are easily changeable you just need to know what to do. Most Ips can be changed just depends on your Internet provider and the service you are on.

Most IPs are dynamic, that is they change every time the router is switched on or connected to the internet.

Typical Example of Residential equipment setup:
[] = pc {} = router

[(PC1) 192.168.0.2]----------192.168.0.1 (inside interface IP of router){YOUR ROUTER}(outside interface of router (eg. 87.23.22.22)---------------to internet ISP
[(PC2) 192.168.0.3]----------192.168.0.1 (inside interface IP of router){YOUR ROUTER}(outside interface of router (eg. 87.23.22.22)---------------to internet ISP

In your setup you normally will have 3 IP address 1 for the routers inside interfaces / management console, 1 for the outside interface connecting to your ISP and 1 for each of the PCs on the inside of the router. Lucy however has 4 as shown above in the diagram. The outside world should only see the routers IP address. The IPs assigned to your individual computers is what is classified as a private IP address and should be in one of the following address ranges

10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255

These addresses do not traverse your router to the outside world however your router will perform a translation, private to public and vice versa, to enable you to communicate with the outside world.

The only IP addresses that tend to be not able to be changed are Static IP addresses but as most internet accounts are of residential status they are normally setup with dynamic addresses, however some ISPs do give out static (fixed) IPs for free. There are several work arounds to reconfigure static ips but you just need to know what to do, thankfully I do in many cases.

Depending on your equipment and service provider most IPs can be changed.

There is one address on your router or modem that can't be changed so easily and that is a MAC address which is burned into the device, but this is another topic / lesson or for a tool like SMAC.
Old 09-23-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyjimbo View Post
Evening people. I have to say something here. IP (internet protocol addresses) are easily changeable you just need to know what to do. Most Ips can be changed just depends on your Internet provider and the service you are on.

Most IPs are dynamic, that is they change every time the router is switched on or connected to the internet.

Typical Example of Residential equipment setup:
[] = pc {} = router

[(PC1) 192.168.0.2]----------192.168.0.1 (inside interface IP of router){YOUR ROUTER}(outside interface of router (eg. 87.23.22.22)---------------to internet ISP
[(PC2) 192.168.0.3]----------192.168.0.1 (inside interface IP of router){YOUR ROUTER}(outside interface of router (eg. 87.23.22.22)---------------to internet ISP

In your setup you normally will have 3 IP address 1 for the routers inside interfaces / management console, 1 for the outside interface connecting to your ISP and 1 for each of the PCs on the inside of the router. Lucy however has 4 as shown above in the diagram. The outside world should only see the routers IP address. The IPs assigned to your individual computers is what is classified as a private IP address and should be in one of the following address ranges

10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255

These addresses do not traverse your router to the outside world however your router will perform a translation, private to public and vice versa, to enable you to communicate with the outside world.

The only IP addresses that tend to be not able to be changed are Static IP addresses but as most internet accounts are of residential status they are normally setup with dynamic addresses, however some ISPs do give out static (fixed) IPs for free. There are several work arounds to reconfigure static ips but you just need to know what to do, thankfully I do in many cases.

Depending on your equipment and service provider most IPs can be changed.

There is one address on your router or modem that can't be changed so easily and that is a MAC address which is burned into the device, but this is another topic / lesson or for a tool like SMAC.

soooo,,, how to change ?

why not just get another router, Lucy
Old 09-27-2010

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukflashman View Post
soooo,,, how to change ?

why not just get another router, Lucy
hi all,could you just change your cable modem,i think i have one of these somewere take care all
Old 09-27-2010

Longevity: 81%

like i was saying earlier. Take away your router. And just connect your cable modem to your pc/laptop. Your modem has to be connected to laptop without the router. Then change your NIC address. This will change your ip trust me. Use SMAC
The Following User Says Thank You to stickmade For This Useful Post:
GTB (09-27-2010)
Old 09-27-2010

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickmade View Post
like i was saying earlier. Take away your router. And just connect your cable modem to your pc/laptop. Your modem has to be connected to laptop without the router. Then change your NIC address. This will change your ip trust me. Use SMAC
cheers bro,whats the nic address,is it mac address yeah?
and what is SMAC?
thanks agen bud!!!
Old 09-27-2010

NIC = Network interface controller

You have to change the mac of your NIC. Download sMAC, try find a cracked version, or pay for it. Like i said, connect your modem directly to your computer without router. Then use smac to change your NIC / MAC.

Once u get smac, run it. All you gotta do is press random, then update mac. Wait for it too confirm that command, restart your cable modem. BANG!!! new ip. Now go do that and don't come back until u get a new IP :-) lol
Old 09-27-2010

There is a very good thread about changing your ip address, once you know how its simple.
Old 09-28-2010

Wink

Quote:

You have to change the mac of your NIC. Download sMAC, try find a cracked version, or pay for it. Like i said, connect your modem directly to your computer without router. Then use smac to change your NIC / MAC.

Once u get smac, run it. All you gotta do is press random, then update mac. Wait for it too confirm that command, restart your cable modem. BANG!!! new ip. Now go do that and don't come back until u get a new IP :-) lol
cheers man,sound easy as 123,but....if i change it now,i will mess it up due to me still havin to deal with outstanding issues on an old account(pp)
can i change it again and again?
'
Old 09-28-2010

Quote:
mine is 2 in 1 mondem router, does it work the same ? ie connect to the (modem) router and use smac?

thanks
Old 09-28-2010

The router i have is a D-link, this dose not allow you to change the mac. So the ip stays the same. This is why i remove the router. For a 2-in-1 im unsure.

Yes you can change it again and again, you must keep a log of the ips!!
Old 10-04-2010

I have virgin fiber optic and I want to change my ip ? just connect my modem to the laptop or connect the modem cable to the router and then cable the router to the pc . ineed yo put virgin cd AND instalar again
Old 10-04-2010

Longevity: 79%

To change netgear is simple

Follow this vid and you should be o.k

http://rapidshare.com/files/423070313/CHANGE_MAC.zip

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif

Last edited by Stigger; 10-04-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 10-04-2010

Quote:
The router i have is a D-link, this dose not allow you to change the mac. So the ip stays the same. This is why i remove the router. For a 2-in-1 im unsure.

Yes you can change it again and again, you must keep a log of the ips!!

D-LINK you can change the ip, i have just binned mine for a netgear as it is easier but Clone one of your PC MAC ID's to your router change a digit and save the settings

unplug and reboot

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 10-04-2010

hi i tried that but is not working for me a have virgin fiber optic with netgear router o i need to do without router just modem?
Old 10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMAID View Post
hi i tried that but is not working for me a have virgin fiber optic with netgear router o i need to do without router just modem?
How far did you get, all net gear is the same as far as i am aware as the user interface is the same.

you need to log in to your router, in the vid it was wireless connected to router, enter default gateway into the address bar of your browser, log in and change 1 digit of mac, unplug modem and router 30 seconds, plug back in, it should give you new ip

I could take a look for you if you like, just download team viewer and contact me by pm to arrange a time to connect

Last edited by Stigger; 10-05-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-07-2010

Smile

Quote:

stickmade,i did this method just now and it didnt work on vm bb/wireless,
i connected the laptop directly to the modem via ethernet cable,followed your instructions and when i pressed update mac a message comes up saying
SMAC 2.0 will only allow you to change the MAC address to *********** in evaluation mode. do you still want to change the MAC address?

is this normal???
cheers!
Old 10-07-2010

PM sent ..
The Following User Says Thank You to stickmade For This Useful Post:
GTB (10-07-2010)