Etsy being difficult - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-14-2014
MU
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,210
Thanks: 450
Thanked 550 Times in 347 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (0)
Default Etsy being difficult

Hey,

After dealing with them for almost five years it seems stealth on here is becoming more difficult than paypal and ebay. I do all the basics of new ip, new email, new name, new credit card, cleaning cookies and flash objects, new user account, new images...etc yet some stores are being taken within hours. I cannot figure out what the hell is going on suddenly. I either change my modem ip, tether or use a dongle. I vary it up and it's still not keeping the stores alive.

There's several hundred sellers with similar products, some within the area, so I dunno if that's a factor or not. While my area of IPs isn't heavily saturated there's still a few other folks.

I've had numerous ebay accounts and other paypal accounts without much issue. I am so frustrated right now. I have ebay accounts still going after years...etsy I haven't managed to keep one past a few months. They are bat**** crazy over there against local sellers yet they love obvious resellers. At least I do make my silly nik naks.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 08-14-2014
unkown5454's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,224
Thanks: 2,161
Thanked 1,307 Times in 937 Posts
Activity: 44%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Have you tried to search your store's inventory after listing a few items?

I say this because this can help narrow down whether it's bots catching you or competitors. If the bots are catching you, you won't be able to find your items within your own store's search. Give it 15-30 minutes and check. If they are actually showing after a search, then let them sit for a day. Only do this for a couple of items. Don't list everything you have.

If everything is ok after a period of time, slowly list more items in waves/groups, keeping track of their visibiltiy in your store's search.

I have a smaller inventory, so this is easier for me to manage. But, you need to first verify if this is bot activity or competitors. Then, you can move on to the next step.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (08-14-2014)
  #3  
Old 08-14-2014
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,475
Thanks: 4,629
Thanked 7,135 Times in 6,501 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Perhaps there is an active seller who is monitoring for new competition and knocking you out
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-14-2014
mshukri's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 25
Thanks: 13
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Have you tried to search your store's inventory after listing a few items?

I say this because this can help narrow down whether it's bots catching you or competitors. If the bots are catching you, you won't be able to find your items within your own store's search. Give it 15-30 minutes and check. If they are actually showing after a search, then let them sit for a day. Only do this for a couple of items. Don't list everything you have.

If everything is ok after a period of time, slowly list more items in waves/groups, keeping track of their visibiltiy in your store's search.

I have a smaller inventory, so this is easier for me to manage. But, you need to first verify if this is bot activity or competitors. Then, you can move on to the next step.

If item listed not found after a hour, what i need to do? May bot get it..Delete the item or replace the picture? Its okay?
Thanks for helping
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-14-2014
teedon's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,006
Thanks: 10
Thanked 125 Times in 95 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

But do you think it is not good to use this way to knock the competitor out,why the people can not focus on they selling instead spend time to do these things?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-14-2014
MU
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,210
Thanks: 450
Thanked 550 Times in 347 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Have you tried to search your store's inventory after listing a few items?

I say this because this can help narrow down whether it's bots catching you or competitors. If the bots are catching you, you won't be able to find your items within your own store's search. Give it 15-30 minutes and check. If they are actually showing after a search, then let them sit for a day. Only do this for a couple of items. Don't list everything you have.

If everything is ok after a period of time, slowly list more items in waves/groups, keeping track of their visibiltiy in your store's search.

I have a smaller inventory, so this is easier for me to manage. But, you need to first verify if this is bot activity or competitors. Then, you can move on to the next step.
Yeah. I usually list a handful of items and make sure they show up. After that I may let the store sit a day or two. After this I go in and list a few dozen more. Most stores could possibly have 100-400 items depending on the product. So I'm going to have to spread it out more than a few days you think? How annoying.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-14-2014
MU
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,210
Thanks: 450
Thanked 550 Times in 347 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

I was also thinking, since I make most of my stores under one particular type of computer and software, should I vary it up? Like instead of PS use Gimp, instead of Windows use a Mac. Just add some great differences in the "person" behind it?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-14-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 380
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

This is bad news for me .. etsy was bread and butter for me and getting harder to get on here is saddening.... I'm wandering if they have some database of people and address matching etc and if your not in it they flag you. Or something similar. Cause I was told etsy is easier then ebay but seems other way around... I think competitors booted me with regular account because I got flooded with deactivation in one month compare to not being touched in the last year or so... so it's my consensus that more you grow your business som sellers will do whatever it takes to take you down. VERY Territorial site. Yes even the sweet old granny making knitted shirts are probally sharks inside.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-14-2014
MU
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,210
Thanks: 450
Thanked 550 Times in 347 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Nakamuru - I have no idea about the name database. That'd seem rather technical if people move or live with someone and don't receive mail there. Hm. Hopefully someone more knowledgable can chime in on that.

It is territorial over there. If someone would focus on their own shop and stop worrying about everyone else they'd fare better. The forums are just full of the worst kind of people, it's like they are all snarky and hostile for no reason. People need to just step back and think about their false allegiance to the etsy flag instead of going around reporting people like it's grade school tattle-tales.

I had the same thing. I lost my legit stores due to some jerk of a competitor filing DMCA's on me. I even countered the three (as law requires) and they still wouldn't give me my shop back. They think they are above the law in those parts. I'd really advise any legit seller to just stay the hell away and make their own website before devoting money and time to their awful company.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-14-2014
unkown5454's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,224
Thanks: 2,161
Thanked 1,307 Times in 937 Posts
Activity: 44%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

While you guys are having problems on Et.sy, for whatever it's worth to you, get your products on Bon.an.za, Sto.re.nvy and Ar.tfi.re. These websites are are basically free-for-alls, in good and bad ways. Bad because some east Asians flood certain sections, good because you can list whatever you want and never worry about take downs. Bon.an.za and Ar.tfi.re push your products to Google Shopping, but all three relate to the types of items and marketplace that Et.sy ushers.

Gladiator, I know you say you have a lot of products. But, there must be just a handful or less causing the major issue. You need to find it by listing in waves. For me, just ONE of my products is the reason Et.sy harasses me.

And, yes, of course their community sucks. I have just one competitor who has been on there for almost 2 years selling similar products as me and they leave him/her alone. I have reported them multiple times from multiple IPs/computers and their store is perfectly fine. There is nothing I can do about it but just focus on my own stores.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-14-2014
unkown5454's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,224
Thanks: 2,161
Thanked 1,307 Times in 937 Posts
Activity: 44%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshukri View Post
If item listed not found after a hour, what i need to do? May bot get it..Delete the item or replace the picture? Its okay?
Thanks for helping
Bot has found you. You have no choice but to make a new store because your account has been flagged and eventually it will be removed.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-14-2014
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,043
Thanks: 5,509
Thanked 9,017 Times in 7,035 Posts
Activity: 41%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedon View Post
But do you think it is not good to use this way to knock the competitor out,why the people can not focus on they selling instead spend time to do these things?
You misunderstand.

They need to know if a bot makes the troubles with account suspension or
a competitor.
__________________
Ever look at someone and think WhyTF has no one hit you with a shovel yet?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-15-2014
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,475
Thanks: 4,629
Thanked 7,135 Times in 6,501 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Yeah. I usually list a handful of items and make sure they show up. After that I may let the store sit a day or two. After this I go in and list a few dozen more. Most stores could possibly have 100-400 items depending on the product. So I'm going to have to spread it out more than a few days you think? How annoying.
Spreading out is a good initial approach
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-15-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 380
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Nakamuru - I have no idea about the name database. That'd seem rather technical if people move or live with someone and don't receive mail there. Hm. Hopefully someone more knowledgable can chime in on that.

It is territorial over there. If someone would focus on their own shop and stop worrying about everyone else they'd fare better. The forums are just full of the worst kind of people, it's like they are all snarky and hostile for no reason. People need to just step back and think about their false allegiance to the etsy flag instead of going around reporting people like it's grade school tattle-tales.

I had the same thing. I lost my legit stores due to some jerk of a competitor filing DMCA's on me. I even countered the three (as law requires) and they still wouldn't give me my shop back. They think they are above the law in those parts. I'd really advise any legit seller to just stay the hell away and make their own website before devoting money and time to their awful company.

I'm not going generalize but i just thought maybe the sellers are like those "nosy neighbors" .. they got there picket fences and sitting and knitting but if anything happens to next to them, they'll just peak over and get involved.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-15-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 380
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
While you guys are having problems on Et.sy, for whatever it's worth to you, get your products on Bon.an.za, Sto.re.nvy and Ar.tfi.re. These websites are are basically free-for-alls, in good and bad ways. Bad because some east Asians flood certain sections, good because you can list whatever you want and never worry about take downs. Bon.an.za and Ar.tfi.re push your products to Google Shopping, but all three relate to the types of items and marketplace that Et.sy ushers.

Gladiator, I know you say you have a lot of products. But, there must be just a handful or less causing the major issue. You need to find it by listing in waves. For me, just ONE of my products is the reason Et.sy harasses me.

And, yes, of course their community sucks. I have just one competitor who has been on there for almost 2 years selling similar products as me and they leave him/her alone. I have reported them multiple times from multiple IPs/computers and their store is perfectly fine. There is nothing I can do about it but just focus on my own stores.
Wait ill check the sites.. i'm sure its not as big as the ones we are talking about but does put your products out there. So how come you were flagging your competitor? was there valid reason?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-15-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 380
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
You misunderstand.

They need to know if a bot makes the troubles with account suspension or
a competitor.
i hear a lot about bots, but what do they do actually? they are able to check your listing and see anything infringing? I remember ebay was able to check few of my listing for putting word like "major league baseball" when in fact had nothing to do with it and did assume it was a bot cause i was like that's a nice catch (no pun attended)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-16-2014
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,475
Thanks: 4,629
Thanked 7,135 Times in 6,501 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
i hear a lot about bots, but what do they do actually? they are able to check your listing and see anything infringing? I remember ebay was able to check few of my listing for putting word like "major league baseball" when in fact had nothing to do with it and did assume it was a bot cause i was like that's a nice catch (no pun attended)
If a bot finds a flagged word...it can automatically takedown a listing. Simple as that - account can become flagged or, worse, automatically suspended
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-16-2014
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,043
Thanks: 5,509
Thanked 9,017 Times in 7,035 Posts
Activity: 41%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
i hear a lot about bots, but what do they do actually? they are able to check your listing and see anything infringing? I remember ebay was able to check few of my listing for putting word like "major league baseball" when in fact had nothing to do with it and did assume it was a bot cause i was like that's a nice catch (no pun attended)
same with etsy bots.

Programmed to detect what ever is wanted by etsy.
If a bot finds a flagged word...it can automatically takedown a listing. Simple as that - account can become flagged or, worse, automatically suspended
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-16-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 39
Thanks: 22
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Hey, the same thing happened to me. Did you find out what the problem may be?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-16-2014
unkown5454's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,224
Thanks: 2,161
Thanked 1,307 Times in 937 Posts
Activity: 44%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmam5652 View Post
Hey, the same thing happened to me. Did you find out what the problem may be?
We just told you. Please read.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-17-2014
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,475
Thanks: 4,629
Thanked 7,135 Times in 6,501 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmam5652 View Post
Hey, the same thing happened to me. Did you find out what the problem may be?
Know your niche market well, also
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-17-2014
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,043
Thanks: 5,509
Thanked 9,017 Times in 7,035 Posts
Activity: 41%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmam5652 View Post
Hey, the same thing happened to me. Did you find out what the problem may be?
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/other-a...difficult.html

bots

bots

competitors

lack of knowledge of surroundings

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (08-17-2014)
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sometimes... its difficult Moscutter Subscriber Discussions 12 11-06-2012 06:33 AM
Already difficult customer. afarmington Subscriber Discussions 10 09-25-2012 12:41 AM
Difficult buyer. What should I do? Bingo Subscriber Discussions 31 02-02-2012 11:54 AM
Difficult buyer. What should I do next? triple filtered eBay Discussion! 5 12-07-2010 07:13 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts