Etsy being difficult - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 08-14-2014
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Etsy being difficult

Hey,

After dealing with them for almost five years it seems stealth on here is becoming more difficult than paypal and ebay. I do all the basics of new ip, new email, new name, new credit card, cleaning cookies and flash objects, new user account, new images...etc yet some stores are being taken within hours. I cannot figure out what the hell is going on suddenly. I either change my modem ip, tether or use a dongle. I vary it up and it's still not keeping the stores alive.

There's several hundred sellers with similar products, some within the area, so I dunno if that's a factor or not. While my area of IPs isn't heavily saturated there's still a few other folks.

I've had numerous ebay accounts and other paypal accounts without much issue. I am so frustrated right now. I have ebay accounts still going after years...etsy I haven't managed to keep one past a few months. They are bat**** crazy over there against local sellers yet they love obvious resellers. At least I do make my silly nik naks.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%
Default Re: Etsy being difficult

Have you tried to search your store's inventory after listing a few items?

I say this because this can help narrow down whether it's bots catching you or competitors. If the bots are catching you, you won't be able to find your items within your own store's search. Give it 15-30 minutes and check. If they are actually showing after a search, then let them sit for a day. Only do this for a couple of items. Don't list everything you have.

If everything is ok after a period of time, slowly list more items in waves/groups, keeping track of their visibiltiy in your store's search.

I have a smaller inventory, so this is easier for me to manage. But, you need to first verify if this is bot activity or competitors. Then, you can move on to the next step.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (08-14-2014)
Old 08-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Perhaps there is an active seller who is monitoring for new competition and knocking you out
Old 08-14-2014

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post

I say this because this can help narrow down whether it's bots catching you or competitors. If the bots are catching you, you won't be able to find your items within your own store's search. Give it 15-30 minutes and check. If they are actually showing after a search, then let them sit for a day. Only do this for a couple of items. Don't list everything you have.

If everything is ok after a period of time, slowly list more items in waves/groups, keeping track of their visibiltiy in your store's search.

I have a smaller inventory, so this is easier for me to manage. But, you need to first verify if this is bot activity or competitors. Then, you can move on to the next step.

If item listed not found after a hour, what i need to do? May bot get it..Delete the item or replace the picture? Its okay?
Thanks for helping
Old 08-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

But do you think it is not good to use this way to knock the competitor out,why the people can not focus on they selling instead spend time to do these things?
Old 08-14-2014
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Yeah. I usually list a handful of items and make sure they show up. After that I may let the store sit a day or two. After this I go in and list a few dozen more. Most stores could possibly have 100-400 items depending on the product. So I'm going to have to spread it out more than a few days you think? How annoying.
Old 08-14-2014
MU
Threadstarter  

I was also thinking, since I make most of my stores under one particular type of computer and software, should I vary it up? Like instead of PS use Gimp, instead of Windows use a Mac. Just add some great differences in the "person" behind it?
Old 08-14-2014

Longevity: 56%

This is bad news for me .. etsy was bread and butter for me and getting harder to get on here is saddening.... I'm wandering if they have some database of people and address matching etc and if your not in it they flag you. Or something similar. Cause I was told etsy is easier then ebay but seems other way around... I think competitors booted me with regular account because I got flooded with deactivation in one month compare to not being touched in the last year or so... so it's my consensus that more you grow your business som sellers will do whatever it takes to take you down. VERY Territorial site. Yes even the sweet old granny making knitted shirts are probally sharks inside.
Old 08-14-2014
MU
Threadstarter  

Nakamuru - I have no idea about the name database. That'd seem rather technical if people move or live with someone and don't receive mail there. Hm. Hopefully someone more knowledgable can chime in on that.

It is territorial over there. If someone would focus on their own shop and stop worrying about everyone else they'd fare better. The forums are just full of the worst kind of people, it's like they are all snarky and hostile for no reason. People need to just step back and think about their false allegiance to the etsy flag instead of going around reporting people like it's grade school tattle-tales.

I had the same thing. I lost my legit stores due to some jerk of a competitor filing DMCA's on me. I even countered the three (as law requires) and they still wouldn't give me my shop back. They think they are above the law in those parts. I'd really advise any legit seller to just stay the hell away and make their own website before devoting money and time to their awful company.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
aaa7z5 (12-05-2023)
Old 08-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

While you guys are having problems on Et.sy, for whatever it's worth to you, get your products on Bon.an.za, Sto.re.nvy and Ar.tfi.re. These websites are are basically free-for-alls, in good and bad ways. Bad because some east Asians flood certain sections, good because you can list whatever you want and never worry about take downs. Bon.an.za and Ar.tfi.re push your products to Google Shopping, but all three relate to the types of items and marketplace that Et.sy ushers.

Gladiator, I know you say you have a lot of products. But, there must be just a handful or less causing the major issue. You need to find it by listing in waves. For me, just ONE of my products is the reason Et.sy harasses me.

And, yes, of course their community sucks. I have just one competitor who has been on there for almost 2 years selling similar products as me and they leave him/her alone. I have reported them multiple times from multiple IPs/computers and their store is perfectly fine. There is nothing I can do about it but just focus on my own stores.
Old 08-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshukri View Post
If item listed not found after a hour, what i need to do? May bot get it..Delete the item or replace the picture? Its okay?
Thanks for helping
Bot has found you. You have no choice but to make a new store because your account has been flagged and eventually it will be removed.
Old 08-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedon View Post
But do you think it is not good to use this way to knock the competitor out,why the people can not focus on they selling instead spend time to do these things?
You misunderstand.

They need to know if a bot makes the troubles with account suspension or
a competitor.
Old 08-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Yeah. I usually list a handful of items and make sure they show up. After that I may let the store sit a day or two. After this I go in and list a few dozen more. Most stores could possibly have 100-400 items depending on the product. So I'm going to have to spread it out more than a few days you think? How annoying.
Spreading out is a good initial approach
Old 08-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Nakamuru - I have no idea about the name database. That'd seem rather technical if people move or live with someone and don't receive mail there. Hm. Hopefully someone more knowledgable can chime in on that.

It is territorial over there. If someone would focus on their own shop and stop worrying about everyone else they'd fare better. The forums are just full of the worst kind of people, it's like they are all snarky and hostile for no reason. People need to just step back and think about their false allegiance to the etsy flag instead of going around reporting people like it's grade school tattle-tales.

I had the same thing. I lost my legit stores due to some jerk of a competitor filing DMCA's on me. I even countered the three (as law requires) and they still wouldn't give me my shop back. They think they are above the law in those parts. I'd really advise any legit seller to just stay the hell away and make their own website before devoting money and time to their awful company.

I'm not going generalize but i just thought maybe the sellers are like those "nosy neighbors" .. they got there picket fences and sitting and knitting but if anything happens to next to them, they'll just peak over and get involved.
Old 08-15-2014

Quote:
While you guys are having problems on Et.sy, for whatever it's worth to you, get your products on Bon.an.za, Sto.re.nvy and Ar.tfi.re. These websites are are basically free-for-alls, in good and bad ways. Bad because some east Asians flood certain sections, good because you can list whatever you want and never worry about take downs. Bon.an.za and Ar.tfi.re push your products to Google Shopping, but all three relate to the types of items and marketplace that Et.sy ushers.

Gladiator, I know you say you have a lot of products. But, there must be just a handful or less causing the major issue. You need to find it by listing in waves. For me, just ONE of my products is the reason Et.sy harasses me.

And, yes, of course their community sucks. I have just one competitor who has been on there for almost 2 years selling similar products as me and they leave him/her alone. I have reported them multiple times from multiple IPs/computers and their store is perfectly fine. There is nothing I can do about it but just focus on my own stores.
Wait ill check the sites.. i'm sure its not as big as the ones we are talking about but does put your products out there. So how come you were flagging your competitor? was there valid reason?
Old 08-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
You misunderstand.

They need to know if a bot makes the troubles with account suspension or
a competitor.
i hear a lot about bots, but what do they do actually? they are able to check your listing and see anything infringing? I remember ebay was able to check few of my listing for putting word like "major league baseball" when in fact had nothing to do with it and did assume it was a bot cause i was like that's a nice catch (no pun attended)
Old 08-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
i hear a lot about bots, but what do they do actually? they are able to check your listing and see anything infringing? I remember ebay was able to check few of my listing for putting word like "major league baseball" when in fact had nothing to do with it and did assume it was a bot cause i was like that's a nice catch (no pun attended)
If a bot finds a flagged word...it can automatically takedown a listing. Simple as that - account can become flagged or, worse, automatically suspended
Old 08-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
same with etsy bots.

Programmed to detect what ever is wanted by etsy.
If a bot finds a flagged word...it can automatically takedown a listing. Simple as that - account can become flagged or, worse, automatically suspended
Old 08-16-2014

Longevity: 58%

Hey, the same thing happened to me. Did you find out what the problem may be?
Old 08-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmam5652 View Post
We just told you. Please read.
Old 08-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Know your niche market well, also
Old 08-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/other-a...difficult.html

bots

bots

competitors

lack of knowledge of surroundings

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (08-17-2014)