Idiot buyers - Non paying buyers - Complaints - talk about your Bad Buyer experiences - Page 12 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

you are at the mercy of the buyers. it's their word against, your word that does not count. the feedback will not be removed by ebay. you will have to do as the buyer tells you. either refund him or send him a new phone. some people have a higher expectation than others, and if the phone wasn't better than new he was going to complain. it doesn't matter how well you describe an item sometimes. a lot of buyers don't even read the description. paypal will not side with you either. it's best to cut your losses and try to get the buyer to mutually withdraw the feedback.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-12-2008

Longevity: 93%

One more thing.

The difference between honest buyer and a con artist.

90% of the time this will hold true. A con artist will accuse you and be angry. He will refuse to return the item, even if you pay for his return shipping and say you will give him all of his money back. Con artist is not interested in that, he just wants a thing that you sold him for free. In effect, con artist will run the show, or at least try to run the show.

A legit buyer on the other hand will be more submissive. He'd agree to return the item, especially if you tell him you'd refund his money and pay for return shipping.

The way to deal with a con man is to run the show for him. Leave a neg, escalate to claim immediately, don't let him dominate what happens.

As long as he does not file a charge back with his credit card, you'll do fine. But once he does you can get him by filing unpaid item dispute.

http://scams.flipshark.com/ebayindex.html
Old 04-12-2008

Thanks for the responses so far, I emailed him and told him I have no problem sending him a new one but I need the serial number off the one I sent him to make sure I sent the right one. I don't really hav the serial but hopefully this will deter him a little bit. Also I forgot to mention his feedback was 0 and mine was 25+, How do I set a feedback standard, for example, no one can bid on my items unless they have 2+ feedbacks.
Old 04-12-2008

All in All I might just take the Loss, and chop it up as a learning experience
Old 04-12-2008

Longevity: 95%

First off, Neg the Tosser, if you have not already left feedback.. can use that later as ammo for mutual withdrawl.. ask for a photo of the damage, as he won't want a damaged phone, if he is trying to stiff you.. don't offer another phone, gives him a reason for damaging the first one.. Follow the paypal advice given earlier.. and force his hand by having to return the phone at his exspense..
Old 04-12-2008

I would also add, tell him you will refund his money if he returns the phone, tell him 100% of his money, including shipping and handling, plus any shipping charges he will have to pay to return it.

Saying that and doing that is a different story of course.

See if he can return those without getting PP involved. Once returned, keep the phone, and tell him to lick your balls. He can bitsh all he wants about it, even file a paypal dispute. Just escalate and ask him to return it. That's called OWNED.

I WOULD NOT SEND HIM ANOTHER PHONE. Because he is screwing with you, he wants either a) two for the price of one, or b) 1 for free. Make it a c) 0 for the price of one and a blow job.
Old 04-12-2008

Alright Thanks for the great advice folks, hopefully this thread can come in handy for all the fellow ebayers as I feel this is not the first and last time this will happen.
Old 04-12-2008

Modee, in the past I've lost about 3 or 4 claims to buyers, who have claimed the item was not as described. After the 10 day period, it was put forward for paypal to "investigate", and all of them ended in the buyers favour and they told the seller to return the item to me.

And this was over the space of about 2 years, all with totally different products.

I've also heard of a lot of people, sellers that is, that loose their money through such claims. If you don't have really detailed photos, how can the seller prove that the item WAS as described?
Old 04-12-2008
Banned

If you fight it through paypal it is a crap shoot. In the early days, they would automatically deny "not as described" dispute unless they purchase optional insurance, but that just led to buyer filing chargebacks. Once they file chargeback, paypal will automatically take your money, regardless of any information you supply. Now days thought, try to dispute it and see were it goes. If it was a large sum of money I would withdraw any balance, cancel the cc it is attached, and call your bank and tell them to temporally block any withdraws from paypal out of your bank account. This way the account goes negative if the refund, and you can open a new account.
Old 04-16-2008

Default Buyer wants refund...

Well,
I got this buyer who wants a refund over 60 days after purchase. It is on a suspended paypal account - not only can I not refund (because its over 60 days) I cant just send him the money back either (its suspended and limited blah blah).

He threatened "I will pursue this to the online federal investigation unit if necessary". The item was a bootleg.

Do I have anything to worry about?
Old 04-16-2008

i assume it's not too much money you're talking about. if you are this worried maybe it's best to just refund the guy. some people can be pretty persistant and not stop coming at you until they get what they want.
Old 04-16-2008

Yeah you never know, some people will go that far...Ive never sold a boot, but ive sold a couple reissues, and I put "reissue" like 3 times in the listing big and bold, and then they get it and open a "item not described" claim...saying I sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗?? Some buyers read what they want in the listing...

But in your case, id refund them if its not too much, or atleast request them to return the item...
Old 04-16-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelizardking View Post
or atleast request them to return the item...

OK, first of all, DO NOT ADMIT IT IS A BOOTLEG.

Secondly, ask tell him that. No sir, it is not a bootleg. I'm sorry to hear that you are not satisfied. I will take the item back and refund you the money. Please send it back, let me know how much you paid for shipping, I will refund 100% of your money + shipping you paid to ship it back. Thank you very much, and once again, I'm sorry that you are dissatisfied with your purchase.

Let him ship it back to you.

Take the item and destroy it or resell it.

If he e-mail you with what happened where is my refund, tell him I never received them item, do you have delivery confirmation number?

Then tell him, that number does not work, it doesn't display anything when you enter it into USPS or whatever.

Then just go back and forth with it.

BUT, you need to get that freaking thing out of his hands.

Other than that I wouldn't worry about a thing. What can he do, mail that thing to FTC? Who I care? I don't know about you, but I don't care. If it is bootleg I did not know it was bootleg, I thought it was real when I sold it.

NOBODY CARES ABOUT CHEAP THINGS. And if it is expensive you thought the damn thing was real.

Last edited by extension; 04-16-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

i wouldnt refund this idoit, but if your fearing that maybe he WILL purse the case then its probably best to. i hate these type of buyers.
Old 04-17-2008
Banned

Unless it is a small amount, ignore him. You have to be selling hundreds of items before anything will even be close to happening.
Old 04-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

I don't understand people buying bootlegs. All it takes is downloading a torrent.
Old 04-17-2008

You'd be surpised how many people either have dial up or no skills for downloading anything.

I used to make living doing tech service calls for people with dumbed problems, like I can't login, CAPS lock is on, etc.. It's the same people shopping for bootlegs, they want bootlegs, because it's cheap. I rather sell bootlegs, saved fuel money.
Old 04-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

xxxchief, if you want to have a good reputation, then I suggest a refund. Much as it may
make you choke, you get rid of the fc**wit. That fc**wit might have friends etc etc.
In selling anything, you have to factor in buyer stupidity and losses to yourself.
Communicate with the buyer and muck about doing the refund. Good Luck
Old 04-17-2008

Longevity: 99%
Default I always get buyers that try to get me to refund...

people that post me two weeks after the item was delivered and say they didn't get it.

For those, I send the tracking information and they typically shut up.

I had a guy accuse me of a bootleg; it wasn't. I would never sell illegal material. But there was something he felt was suspicious. I know what it was, it was a much older copy of the item without the newer security features.

So, I said ship it back. I will take care of a refund. Laziness won out. He didn't ever ship it back.

I have repeatedly had people try to get something for nothing from me. None of them succeeded.

But you can bet your bottom dollar it won't help your reputation with Paypal and ebay, so trying to look like you are working it out is best.

Offer a refund. State the item is original. But he has to ship it back. Then you will refund. Most people I have dealt with give up at that point. They don't want to ship it back first. But they would have to with Amazon or any reputable retailer.
Old 04-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

i had a similar situation on having to give a refund to someone who didnt read the listing properly. i seeked advice here, most said to refund and not damage your reputation on ebay etc, i really didnt want to but in the end i did for the sake of not tarnishing my pre 11/07 account. Now i look back and i am glad i took those peoples advice. ive resold the item and got a better price and eveything is ok.
Old 04-20-2008

Default You know a buyer will be a pain when...

they ask you repetitive questions that are clearly explained in the description.

Case in point:

Ebay listing: Local Pick up Is not available
Buyer messages: Is local pickup available?
Seller responds: As stated in the auction local pick up is not available.
Auction ends.
Same Buyer messages you: So...when can i pick up.

ahhhhhhhhh!
Old 04-20-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Lol, those buyers I just ignore. Or simply point them to a link where it has the FAQ.