Here's how to make $ from the Dollar store guys :) USA! - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 02-19-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
There was also a case in the past few months where a guy ate 2-3 BAGS of microwave popcorn for the past 10-15 years, and he is now 55 or so with respiratory problem. Sued the popcorn company saying the ingrediants and process of microwaving the popcorn did this to him. He won around 7-10 million i want to say. Thats like 16,000 bags of popcorn, wtf lol.

What about the workers at the plant making Orville R popcorn.

Many were having respiratory problems after working in the factory.

They sued and were paid millions.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-19-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Theres alot of stuff you can sell to make nickels and dime online and to other people, it is worth it...They can selll hundreds and thousands of it & it will turn in to a lot of money but personally myself, I dont like to ship that much products per week.

I work & go to school at night so I guess im lazy. For every item that I sell I want BIG BUCKS & if your like me then do your research on these products that sell for a lot of money. List & write down 20 of those products & see if you can get for much cheaper price. For example, everybody loves sex. Sex will always be at an all time high whether its a good economy or bad. Those pills that say, "Your penis will grow 80 inches" lol Will always sell for alot of money regardless if they work or not.

Another product that I will give you all is that there is a losing weight product called "Body By Vi" and they go for huge dollars $$$$$ and many bids. If you can find a connection to get that product you can make some good money and not just nickel and dime per item. I can list so much things that have not even been mentioned on this forum or in anyones mind to sell on line but they go for big bucks but everyone has to do their own research. No one ever threw anything at me for free.

Also, there is nothing wrong with nickel and dime. If it works for you then congrats! Take care my friends.
The Following User Says Thank You to NGALO1983 For This Useful Post:
km018 (02-19-2013)
Old 02-19-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGALO1983 View Post
Theres alot of stuff you can sell to make nickels and dime online and to other people, it is worth it...They can selll hundreds and thousands of it & it will turn in to a lot of money but personally myself, I dont like to ship that much products per week.

I work & go to school at night so I guess im lazy. For every item that I sell I want BIG BUCKS & if your like me then do your research on these products that sell for a lot of money. List & write down 20 of those products & see if you can get for much cheaper price. For example, everybody loves sex. Sex will always be at an all time high whether its a good economy or bad. Those pills that say, "Your penis will grow 80 inches" lol Will always sell for alot of money regardless if they work or not.

Another product that I will give you all is that there is a losing weight product called "Body By Vi" and they go for huge dollars $$$$$ and many bids. If you can find a connection to get that product you can make some good money and not just nickel and dime per item. I can list so much things that have not even been mentioned on this forum or in anyones mind to sell on line but they go for big bucks but everyone has to do their own research. No one ever threw anything at me for free.

Also, there is nothing wrong with nickel and dime. If it works for you then congrats! Take care my friends.
For most the purpose of selling nickel and dime items is not to make a killing but to build accounts that eventually do make a killing.

Easy to slide a small items into a bag for a few months and ship and when limits are gone, there you go, time to add the good stuff.

Accounts will not grow anymore if you list high end types items from the start.

For me yard sale, box lot, dollar store items built many of my 100s of selling accounts into top rated power seller accounts with no limits and no holds.

I just rinse and repeat for the next 100.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (02-19-2013), slim jim (02-19-2013)
Old 02-19-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Sandy is correct, this $1 method is not going to get you rich, but for most who are VERY NEW TO EBAY and have no idea what to sell, it does help them out and in the mean time builds up feedback!

You can build feedback really fast selling $5 to $10 items, then selling $1000 laptops.

NGALO1983 - Everyone wants big bucks. Lets say you sell high end items, perfume, laptops, etc. You get a few professional buyers, who rip you off cause ebay favors the buyer and not the seller. I would rather sell things worth $10 to $35 with low stress and not be a magnet to scammers out there.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (02-19-2013)
Old 02-19-2013
Banned

I posted about this more then a year ago and most people said there is nothing to sell in dollar stores to make any money on.

I can tell you from doing this for many years there is money to be made and feedbacks to build from my idea.

GWW is now a year later backing up what I have been posting for a long time.

I also posted about dollar stores in my thrift store/yard sale etc thread.

Some items wont have a ton of profit but like me my area specializes in certain local type items and I sell 100% of those items I list and buy up silly things like local sports stuff, mark downs, gloves marked wrong, 10.00 cds tossed into the 0.99 stand in the middle of the floor etc.

I have been buying and selling, picking and pushing everything from antiques to bubble gum since I was 14 years old and if you spend the time looking around you the money is laying at your lap.

Crap, I dont like Target stores myself but they put a well known brand of womens wind breakers on clearance over the weekend. I took my phone, used terapeak and found I could make between 8-15 dollars each on them and some even more if they get bid up. I bought the entire rack and when the nosy clerk asked wow, now many coats can you wear at a time I told her I donate them to needy people. She shut up real quick.

I buy a lot of items from Odd/Big lots also.

Wal marts around me always have a rack of items in the center of aisles marked down.

Womens stretch pants for a buck! Not long ago I bought a rack of them and sold everyone of them for 9.99 each and even made a couple bucks on the shipping each.

Eyes open and spend time looking.

$$$$ are everywhere you go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (02-19-2013), km018 (02-19-2013)
Old 02-19-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

People who have brains, will listen to people like you who are doing it and making a killing on ebay!

In 2005 I had money and I tested something out cause years before I got a lighter for $1 and sold them for $7! So I figured I'd go back to the dollar store and try with other items!

People complain, "oh but stuff is like $2 no way to make money!" Well then same concept, $2 x 7 = 14$ then. You need good stuff, not just any items the RIGHT ITEMS! If people don't believe us Sandy then it's better for us all. Less competition! They don't want to hear $1 store idea they want to hear laptops, ipads, high end items! LV bags etc. These people really have no idea, what is waiting for them on the other side! They haven't been selling on ebay and run into the million and one problems most of us face with PP and ebay! And these people have 1 problem and they STOP forever! You can not have success without trying and trying, over and over again!

Most of us can figure out how to do feedback others can't! Most people are like "wow he sold 560 items in one month, how does he make money???!?!?!" ummm he does it for the feedback! NEXT!

OMG Thrift store is another big one! Just I never went down to Detroit to those at the time only $1 stores! Cause I was looking for stuff to resell over and over again. Thrift store you can pick up something for like a few bucks and sell for $90! If you know what you are really doing! Yeah I read about the .99 DVD and the gloves you had this last week!

Most people don't have brains to figure out things or would think of such a thing! Most people think they are ebay pros cause they sold some stuff a few times, and have an account! pros are the ones making a killing $100k+ working from home, being 5 steps ahead, knowing the system, market, research, etc. Most people don't even know how to research or insert a picture with html frontpage. Have no clue about anything! I been into money since age 6! You got to start early! Most people online just want to sign up on some website, learn the secret of where to post a link. Click 5 buttons not 6! Then wait for millions to come around! GOOD LUCK!!! And if anyone sells you this information it's Outdated!

Nice yeah I keep reading about the terapeak with your posts. That seems very useful! I'd do it if I was back in the states also or Canada. (No tracking numbers here in Europe and cost up to $12 for a tracking, and france does not offer it!)

Here in my country there is a place where I can get new pants every week, tshirt, sweaters, jacket, shoes! Used, but my friend gets all the brand names, not talking about Adidas or Nike. I am talking LV, Armani, Gucci, and other top European brands! FOR FREE!!!!! They donate them to the poor! My friend gets about 50 pairs a year, I always tell him resell it for money up on ebay! Me personally I don't care too do it. I want TRS, if no tracking then I won't care to deal with it from EU. Plus if someone says "these pants don't fit" chances are they won't ship it back over seas! There is another store in the country here, that sells you low cut jackets for 13 euros and 17 for long coats. THESE ARE NAME BRAND! And even got fur coats! I got 2 costs 17 euros brand name Bugatti! I looked online after I got these, 199 euros and the other 299 euros! I could of made money but once again I didn't care for it. Not my thing! Most people would jump or not know what to do with it! If you ever come here Sandy witch I know you won't. I'd tell you the locations! lol.

I remember years ago Kmart was having a sale. .05 cents to $1 on baby closthing! OMG PEOPLE I was only 16 at the time, could you imagine if Sandy was there? "BUYS THE WHOLE STORE OUT!" Buy winter stuff in the summer time during spring, buy summer items during winter times, it's that simple people! I don't like to buy big gifts for myself on xmas, I like to buy it after xmas when the sales are there and no one has money left over to spend! So you get a lot of great deals 50 to 70% OFF! I like to buy chocolate after Vday cause it's on sale! Call me cheap all you want, I live and save!

People have no idea Sandy how to make a BUCK! I use to sell information in 2002, and with this money I would buy blank CD's and resold money making CDs. I love it cause I made money from NOTHING and made something out of it! So when I see people do the same it's big time respect!

And like I said if they can't see it, like we do! Then more power too us!

No one makes money from wholesalers anymore! You can buy the stuff off ebay cheaper! You need to go factory direct now days, of make the products yourself to earn a buck!

Also sorry for the grammar errors I speak like 3 languages. I can't be perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
I posted about this more then a year ago and most people said there is nothing to sell in dollar stores to make any money on.

I can tell you from doing this for many years there is money to be made and feedbacks to build from my idea.

GWW is now a year later backing up what I have been posting for a long time.

I also posted about dollar stores in my thrift store/yard sale etc thread.

Some items wont have a ton of profit but like me my area specializes in certain local type items and I sell 100% of those items I list and buy up silly things like local sports stuff, mark downs, gloves marked wrong, 10.00 cds tossed into the 0.99 stand in the middle of the floor etc.

I have been buying and selling, picking and pushing everything from antiques to bubble gum since I was 14 years old and if you spend the time looking around you the money is laying at your lap.

Crap, I dont like Target stores myself but they put a well known brand of womens wind breakers on clearance over the weekend. I took my phone, used terapeak and found I could make between 8-15 dollars each on them and some even more if they get bid up. I bought the entire rack and when the nosy clerk asked wow, now many coats can you wear at a time I told her I donate them to needy people. She shut up real quick.

I buy a lot of items from Odd/Big lots also.

Wal marts around me always have a rack of items in the center of aisles marked down.

Womens stretch pants for a buck! Not long ago I bought a rack of them and sold everyone of them for 9.99 each and even made a couple bucks on the shipping each.

Eyes open and spend time looking.

$$$$ are everywhere you go.

Last edited by GhostWhoWalks; 02-19-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-20-2013

Longevity: 69%

Yeah, everyone is looking for that mysterious item that will make them millions overnight... it doesn't exist.

My friends laugh at making $2-10 on items. Aslong as you have the automation to get the order out quickly, it's not that bad. Oh and if you're just starting up, it's also less of a gamble for when you screw up, get scammed, errors, etc.

I'm setting up my wife with some ebay stuff so she can keep busy during her maternity leave, it's kinda fun hunting.
Old 02-20-2013

Longevity: 69%

Oh and for anyone that's crafty, take stuff from the dollar store and make them "better" or "different". That way you might stand out from the competition a little bit.

Just an example, instead of only selling a plain picture frame (that others are already selling), buy a little pack of diamonds or anything else and stick it on the frame. You can offer several versions of this and see what people are buying. It's not going to increase your margins 10x, but atleast it's different, and you can test what color, size, etc people might like... some extra fine tuning. This can also be "fun" if you're remotely patient and entrepreneurial.
Old 02-20-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

I never said that nickel and dime was a bad thing. Its a good thing especially if you can sell a lot of it because then it will equal up to big bucks at the end of each week. If it works for you then dont fix nothing that isnt broken. Im just saying, me personally, I dont like to drive to a million different locations looking for a bargain and scoring maybe a couple of cents for each product after selling it. My game plan is, if I like a certain expensive product, then I search for the MAN of that business. Not the middle-man, not the ma'am, im talking about the MAN. Who is the MAN? Let me break it down like this, lets say im a drug dealer and I go buy drugs from someone down the street then break it all down and sell it to different folks. I made a profit and a pretty good profit. A profit that I can survive and live on IF I SELL A LOT OF IT. Thats what u call nickel and dime. However, If go straight to the source, like a Mexican cartel, he is what u would consider the MAN. That is who u want to find. A couple of people on this site have found the MAN but none of them will ever reveal it and I dont blame them. They worked hard to find him & most importantly, get him to do business with them. If u want to get that REAL MONEY then search for the MAN.
Old 02-20-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

css1 - It's a very low investment! At times with $1 stuff I'd make more then I would selling my $9.99 items! By a buck or 2. Each Dollar store is very different from location to location. It's like Walmart they have different items all around the country. I've seen a reporting on it. Same with a $1 store. Dude you just gave up the picture frame idea! lol. Picture frames are what I use to sell! Flat, easy to ship, and light! Even a few top sellers on here told me by emails they use picture frames! Just put it this way out of 100 items you can sell to earn a buck! You might have 1% that will ell 5 per day, and earn you like $4. It's not much $20 but in one month $600 seems not so bad if you think about it? And $7200 for a year. Hey not bad right?

NGalo1983 - Well some members on this site, drive out of state for bargins, it's a hobby and they know their category very well and earn more or less then top sellers! I had an aunt in Michigan she would drive 1 hour, to get 3 free large bags of pants, tshirts, sweaters. She would pay a drunk to pick it up, and resell it at a garage sale in her back yard! She made $500 in one day! She would find stuff in an alley, paint it black, and sell it for $700! She is the one who gave me the idea after seeing what she does over the months. If you make it look nice you can get top dollar for it. That plus the lighter I did years before. If you are smart you only go to 5 locations, then try to find this item from the factory direct! IT pays off doesn't it? Man I can make anything look easy from my point of view! A copule cents? WOW totally wrong idea here! $1 lighter sold for $7 and I made them pay $2 S&H! I went back to buy 100 of them, lady upped the price on me by $5 when I got there. I was beyond pissed off! Not everyone knows how to search for THE MAN! Cause the MAN might tell you, look you want to invest and resell? You need a location and $100k a month in sales or else go away. Some are like this some are not. I think we all know who the MAN is! I get my stuff FACTORY DIRECT! The MAN would have to buy where the guy on the street buys it from who? You can't be a Billionaire selling a product to the customer direct! You have to have 5 stores/companies do it for you who have 5,000 locations, and need to stock up the warehouse for all 5,000 locations. A drug dealer out of South America, is THE MAN! He is the SOURCE! Not some young punk 50 cent knock off on the street corner! That Columbian guy has 1 to 4 people in the US he deals with who are very LARGE! He is THE MAN!!! The ICON! That big FISH to get fried! I lived and grew up in Detroit. I know how well this works. I knew guys who made $1 million per month and drove around in a Benz and opened up a business to clean it out. They would be one of Detroit supplier! Not the street corner knock offs! NOW IN PRISON! HA sorry I read as I go along and write line for line.

You can go to the MAN or you can be THE MAN! I can also be THE MAN in my catogery, all I need to do is invest $56k for a Machine, and earn 4 times more! I don't think if I dropped the price so low the others would stay in business. I like it when everyone keeps it fair on a good margin!

Hey NGALO1983, you're the MAN!

But this post was made for newbies!
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
km018 (02-21-2013)
Old 03-17-2013

Longevity: 65%

I found a couple items to make some money off of from the dollar store, and when searching completed listings I found a specific seller who is doing pretty well selling these dollar store items. This seller has sold a lot and is top rated, which I am not. Now to figure out if I can undercut them slightly and still leave enough profit.
Old 03-18-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Don't try to undercut them just sell it at the same price are they are. OR 1 cent cheaper. So you don't cut to much of the profits out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
ass11078 (03-18-2013), km018 (03-18-2013)
Old 03-18-2013

i always use google lol
try it type in 1 pound shop wholesalers
Old 03-18-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

You guys forget the flea markets, and yard sales, thrift store, auctions, estate sales to build up feedback?

Okay stick to $1 store if one item works then you can get unlimited amounts, if you go to some auction or flea market and garage sale, you only get 1 of those items, not worth it in my eyes and to much time wasted!

I'd stick to the dollar store!
Old 08-12-2014

Longevity: 73%
Default Re: Here's how to make $ from the Dollar store guys :) USA!

I know this thread is older, but I have used this tip of the $1.00 store items, best aisle to look at is cosmetics, I have found some great high dollar cosmetics, usually past season colors no longer found in stores, I often search ebay for my favorite make-up items once they are discontinued.
The Following User Says Thank You to krose1162 For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (08-12-2014)
Old 08-12-2014
Banned
Threadstarter  

And you forgot to mention how you do this for newer accounts to build feedback!

He did PM me about it.

So for all of those new stealthers out there this is a great way to build up feedback if you ran out of house hold items to sell online, + you earn a profit from it in the end!

Keep it coming people keep it coming.

P.S. It's not old Aspkin has reopened this thread for me! And I also did have so many PM's from newer members over that time frame glad it's back up!

Thank you Aspkin.

Ghost.

Last edited by GhostWhoWalks; 08-12-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Lol, this was one of those old threads that I was wondering why it got closed up. The recent incident explained it. Good to have this thread back up gww!
The Following User Says Thank You to glacier922 For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (08-13-2014)
Old 08-13-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Here in Australia there are a lot of franchise discount/dollar shops.

Find the privately owned and enquire about old stock not on the shelf as the ones I deal with have plenty of it every quarter.

Buy in quantity, and resell in small quantities.

Remember eBay listings always look more attractive with two4one style deals and make the profits off your shipping.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bananaappeal For This Useful Post:
bigg636 (08-13-2014), Klemantina (08-13-2014), krose1162 (08-13-2014)
Old 08-13-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
Lol, this was one of those old threads that I was wondering why it got closed up. The recent incident explained it. Good to have this thread back up gww!
Out of site out of mind
Old 08-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaappeal View Post

Find the privately owned and enquire about old stock not on the shelf as the ones I deal with have plenty of it every quarter.

Remember eBay listings always look more attractive with two4one style deals and make the profits off your shipping.
Nice research on the old stock not on the shelf...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
krose1162 (08-13-2014)
Old 08-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaappeal View Post

Quite a few gone into receivership over the last 2 years.

Been a gold mine for goodies.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (08-13-2014)
Old 08-13-2014
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Quite a few gone into receivership over the last 2 years.

Been a gold mine for goodies.

So you do the dollar store also GB? (before or after this thread came up)