Where else to advertise besides.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 06-10-2009
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Where else to advertise besides....

So where else can I advertise my website besides google, yahoo and craigslist because it seems I am only getting a couple sales each day sometimes even 0 sales in a day.
I sell movies so my sales should be high back when I was on ebay I would sell at least 10 a day.
Is it my website because I take credit cards on there but my site is not that professional since I dont know how to make websites so it is kinda bland.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-10-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

What's your website address?

Google, Yahoo and MSN are the big ones.

Have you worked on your SEO? Are you doing any other marketing besides craigslist?
Old 06-10-2009
Banned
Threadstarter  

Well my site address is Mad Dogs Deals, DVD products for less, Baby Einstein and more... it is bland since I dont know html or php to create a website.

Last edited by spookycloud; 06-10-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-10-2009
Administrator

It's clean looking at least... but it does need some work.

Personally I would go with cs-cart.com over zencart.

It needs work, but it's good you're getting sales out of it. Now if you just made it more professional looking, you could easily double your sales.
Old 06-11-2009

Hi yeh I agree with Aspkin your site is clean but needs to look a little more professional. Your selling dvds so I would suggest make the site look a little more dvd like. :D

Your using the classic template from zencart - Its nice but try and work on a little customising. I would recommend you use the zencart forum - excellent support on there.

I looked at your backlinks and looks like you only have about 21 - you will need to work on your backlinks somewhat more. Im not sure what key-phrases your optimising your site for however if its for something like dvd films then your competition is alot- around the 27,000,000 figure.

By looking at the number 1 slot in the uk for the key-phrase dvd films - I know your from the US but just giving an example- they have 154,238 backlinks- now thats alot. The good news is that its not the amount of backlinks but the quality of them- so try to get backlinks from high page rank sites and you should see yourself move up in the organic results.

As your using zencart I would suggest you also use the google/froogle plugin and create an account with google base. Also use the site map generator and ping it to yahoo- google and msn.

You can also add the google analytics info into your site and use it to find out where and how customers are finding your site and where they are leaving from. Its a good tool that all webmasters should have and become accustomed to

The writing on the front page of your site looks a little colorful and loud - try and reduce the size of the font and using fewer colors.

I would also suggest removing the search box in the sidebox as you already have one at the top. Move your specials sidebox towards the top and best sellers towards the bottom. Also you have no information on the conditions of use link.

You only have 3 products - I guess you havnt got round to adding your other lines. Add more products and create more pages for your customers to find you with. The way I see it is the more pages the more doorways to get into your site.

I work with zencart myself and personally one of the things that I always change is the width of the page. I change it to 950 so it gives a wider feel to the site. I would also change the standard zencart header. If you look around on the zencart forum or even do a search in google you will find many free templates and also have the option to buy one.

Zencart is great to work with and has some great plugins and mods to customise your store with and I would suggest looking through them. You will be able to get customised buttons and new sideboxes. Im not sure if you like the color green that is used on the template but they can all be changed. It might be a good idea to get adobe dreamweacer and use it to edit your css - html and php -

Anyway if you need a hand please feel free to ask - if I have time I will help if not then I will point you in the right direction. I know how hard it can be learning zencart and other carts.

cheers
Old 06-11-2009
Administrator

The way I see it is the more pages the more doorways to get into your site.

http://www.aspkin.com/increase-the-d...-your-website/
Old 06-12-2009

nice article Aspkin and to the point. I would agree with you all the way - original content, high page rank back links and search engine optimization - this is what we all need to work towards