Anyone selling on TikTok shop? - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 02-01-2024

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 21%
Default Re: Anyone selling on TikTok shop?

Chinese new year...what a pain
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-03-2024

Activity: 35%
Longevity: 58%

I am just using pictures with a description to list product. Still have not gotten my brand authorization resolved. Their customer service is so bad at addressing things within their policy. I feel confident I will get it fixed soon though. I know other people have done it, so I know I can, just have to say the right things to get some idiot over there to follow what is written in the policy.

I have no stats to back this but I would imagine most of my customers are under 21 years old. They are people who grew up with TikTok, and trust the app. You spend enough time on it, you'll be curious to explore all aspects of it. I say that because most people would just buy what I'm selling from me on a different marketplace, or from some other company. There is a certain type of consumer you need to think about if you're trying to get sales on TikTok. I don't think a middle aged person is going on TikTok to search branded products to see what to buy, however they might see a unique item via an ad and purchase, but branded doubtful. Although a younger person would view TikTok vastly different.
Old 02-04-2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENDEN76 View Post
Yep I spent all my excess profits from the holiday season last month to stock up inventory. Some of my suppliers are gone from 2/5 to 2/19. Really sucks. Then there usually are delays rest of the month because of pent up demand.
Old 02-05-2024
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,558 Times in 2,210 Posts
Activity: 64%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
I am just using pictures with a description to list product. Still have not gotten my brand authorization resolved. Their customer service is so bad at addressing things within their policy. I feel confident I will get it fixed soon though. I know other people have done it, so I know I can, just have to say the right things to get some idiot over there to follow what is written in the policy.

I have no stats to back this but I would imagine most of my customers are under 21 years old. They are people who grew up with TikTok, and trust the app. You spend enough time on it, you'll be curious to explore all aspects of it. I say that because most people would just buy what I'm selling from me on a different marketplace, or from some other company. There is a certain type of consumer you need to think about if you're trying to get sales on TikTok. I don't think a middle aged person is going on TikTok to search branded products to see what to buy, however they might see a unique item via an ad and purchase, but branded doubtful. Although a younger person would view TikTok vastly different.
Yep, good observation.
Just like the kids would source their news from youtube and other social media.
What a mess... but that aside it means it's easier for us to sell on those social media platforms.
Old 02-05-2024

I can't check the USA but according to uk data:
18-24 - 4.6 to 5.6 million users
25-34 - 7 to 8.5 million
35-44 - 11.3 to 14 million
45-54 - 2.6 to 3.2 million
Old 02-05-2024
Super Moderator

That's not very much is it?
Old 02-06-2024

You missed the point. The biggest audience is between 35 to 44...much older people.
Old 02-06-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,941 Times in 8,232 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Have to plan for in advance ...
Old 02-06-2024
Super Moderator

Quote:
You missed the point. The biggest audience is between 35 to 44...much older people.
Elaborate more about that demographic?
Old 02-06-2024

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Update: I just actually got rejected for brand authorization. I sent a trademark agreement for level one access, but was told I need distributor agreement. Going to send that over in a few minutes. Fingers crossed.

I got a fast response on Saturday night within an hour and it's midnight where I live. That makes me think this is maybe done via artificial intelligence. Therefore as I said about their customer service, they suck, but if you comply with their policy, which means you say what is needed to be said, then you're good to go.

I'd stay away from anything that requires BA, especially beauty products. I got 20 violation points because of this which ruined my account basically.
Old 02-06-2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_America View Post
What's Tol Tok Shop like for Vero type products?
LOL, don't play around with tiktok shop. Don't list anything branded. Once you get violation points, you're account is close to being toast. This isn't like any other platform. They have zero support, so once you get violations points, hard to get rid of. More points you get, the less visibility your products have.
Old 02-06-2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by schemazon View Post
Tiktok Hides customer info / address, forces you to create labels through their system. So you could, but it won't be easy.
Huh? how else would you send the item to the buyer using "seller fulfilled shipping" lol, very silly think to say. Yes you can amazon to tiktok and no you don't need to use tracktaco, as tiktok accepts amazons TBA tracking. Some rumors out there that say that they will ban you if you use a lot of amazon tracking, this is not true, well at least on a small scale, may be true if you are doing many order a day.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheBosss For This Useful Post:
DENDEN76 (02-07-2024)
Old 02-06-2024

Quote:
This audience aren't the main buyers from TTS, this age group are mostly creeps trying to watch the younger girls do the stupid tiktok dances lol
Old 02-06-2024

Started learning 4 months ago, started selling in november and stopped in december, all was well at first, was very excited. Went through some growing pains which basically took all my excitement away. Dumb missing brand authorization violations for items that are unbranded, few returns in which TT auto refunded without them sending product back and me not get compensated for it, seller support basically useless, etc. Went from 100s of views, few sales a day, to basically no views and sales because the 20 violation points. I think you get banned at around 40.

I'm going to give it another go though. About to mass put a lot of items I think will sell well using Zeedrop on my current TTS and wait a week to see if any of the products get flagged. After that, then I am going to delete them all and put them on a new TTS. I'm wondering how are people having multiple TTS or opening one after one gets closed down? I would close my current one down after, but I think people have said you have to wait 30 days to open another? I have a multiple EIN's, but obvi only have one SSN.
Old 02-06-2024

"U.S. Audience – As we mentioned, we estimate that TikTok has about 80 million monthly active users in the United States. 60% are female, 40% are male. 60% are between the ages of 16-24. 26% are between the ages 25-44."

Source - Wallaroomedia
Old 02-06-2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErkDaddy View Post
I'd stay away from anything that requires BA, especially beauty products. I got 20 violation points because of this which ruined my account basically.
How does BA translate into violations? Are you saying they actively flagged yours listings or you had some bad customers?

To be honest, I know some people who would be "competition" have BA for brands like Nike, which I know is BS. They sent them phake docs to get that somehow. The seller has 1,500+ sales but decent amount of negative feedback. I do not think I have any violation points but I'm still on deferred payments.

It takes like 30 days for me to receive my money all because my first sale the customer lied about not receiving their package when tracking showed it was delivered. TikTok has major scaling problems but there is still potential as a good side income.
Old 02-06-2024

It doesn't really, its just that those are the items that leave you at risk of getting that product taken down and violation points on your account. I think my whole expereince would be different if I just didn't post those dang beauty products and get those points on my account :/
The Following User Says Thank You to TheBosss For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (02-06-2024)
Old 02-07-2024
Super Moderator

@solefoodbk

I applied for the seller account, uploaded all DL and such and got rejected they said they need a DL that matches the name (which it does) and they want utility or CC statement now.

I swear nothing is simple nowadays. This ever happened to you?
Old 02-08-2024

If you used any variation of your name that is probably why. Like Michael -> Mike.

When you submit docs for BA you get 3 attempts. My original request on the 2nd attempt they asked for a distribution letter, I sent it but had my business name on it. They rejected it claiming mismatch names. So I resend the doc with my username and it was accepted. I think that segment is done via AI, but regardless they're dumb. My business name which is an LLC is not the same thing as a username.

I think I had to send them my ID when I signed up but I remember when I entered my bank account it was accepted instantly. There was no secondary verification which I was surprised by because normally you have to prove it at least by doing the test deposits/withdrawals.

I signed up the first month this started. It sounds like they are increasing security measures leading into higher final value fees by summer.
Old 02-09-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,941 Times in 8,232 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
"U.S. Audience – As we mentioned, we estimate that TikTok has about 80 million monthly active users in the United States. 60% are female, 40% are male. 60% are between the ages of 16-24. 26% are between the ages 25-44."

Source - Wallaroomedia
Nice find.
Old 02-09-2024
Super Moderator

Quote:
If you used any variation of your name that is probably why. Like Michael -> Mike.

When you submit docs for BA you get 3 attempts. My original request on the 2nd attempt they asked for a distribution letter, I sent it but had my business name on it. They rejected it claiming mismatch names. So I resend the doc with my username and it was accepted. I think that segment is done via AI, but regardless they're dumb. My business name which is an LLC is not the same thing as a username.

I think I had to send them my ID when I signed up but I remember when I entered my bank account it was accepted instantly. There was no secondary verification which I was surprised by because normally you have to prove it at least by doing the test deposits/withdrawals.

I signed up the first month this started. It sounds like they are increasing security measures leading into higher final value fees by summer.

Nope, I didn't use variation , all legitimate and straight. I uploaded the DL and when it scanned it just added the name on the next field. gave them EIN as ITIN too.
Old 02-12-2024

Yeah well I started my comments here saying how horrible their customer service is. They really piss me off.

My account has seen 50%+ increase in views randomly again. Pretty interesting how these algos work. I'm still on f*cking deferred payments, it's been over 4 months now. I don't have that many sales, but no complaints except the first one which wasn't my fault and yet still takes over 30 days to receive my money.