Anyone selling on TikTok shop? - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 02-13-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,955 Times in 8,246 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Anyone selling on TikTok shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Yeah well I started my comments here saying how horrible their customer service is. They really piss me off.

My account has seen 50%+ increase in views randomly again. Pretty interesting how these algos work. I'm still on f*cking deferred payments, it's been over 4 months now. I don't have that many sales, but no complaints except the first one which wasn't my fault and yet still takes over 30 days to receive my money.
deferred payments is a nightmare to deal with
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-13-2024
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,563 Times in 2,214 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Yeah well I started my comments here saying how horrible their customer service is. They really piss me off.

My account has seen 50%+ increase in views randomly again. Pretty interesting how these algos work. I'm still on f*cking deferred payments, it's been over 4 months now. I don't have that many sales, but no complaints except the first one which wasn't my fault and yet still takes over 30 days to receive my money.
I haven't reuploaded the DL and CC statement as they requested...
I think they give you 30 days or so?
Old 02-14-2024
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 16%
Longevity: 54%

Just tried to make account they verify real time verification for the passport of driving licence not the copy seems impossible to make Stleath
Old 02-15-2024
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Just tried to make account they verify real time verification for the passport of driving licence not the copy seems impossible to make Stleath
real time picture? so documents can be prepared in advance...?
Old 02-15-2024
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 16%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
real time picture? so documents can be prepared in advance...?
Yes, the way bank verify ids
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
rsot (02-22-2024)
Old 02-15-2024
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 58%

I have a plan to dominate TikTok with one simple post. I'll be testing it out within a month or so, and i'm betting it all on Reddit. When i tested out a YouTube video, i posted it on Reddit, and i started getting 100+ views per day reaching 10,000+ views. This was my FIRST video, and it was HORRIBLE/CRINGY (I don't show it), but it landed me so many views for FREE, i became a believer. I have a new plan for selling products and i'll be utilizing Reddit. I'll update this post within a month or month half when i test out this method.
Old 02-15-2024

Activity: 41%

I'm sure you can manipulate the system also by offering a lower price, get some sales then increase the price. Once you have the sales flowing they'll want to promote the listing, especially since it's a video.
Old 02-16-2024
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLion View Post
I have a plan to dominate TikTok with one simple post. I'll be testing it out within a month or so, and i'm betting it all on Reddit. When i tested out a YouTube video, i posted it on Reddit, and i started getting 100+ views per day reaching 10,000+ views. This was my FIRST video, and it was HORRIBLE/CRINGY (I don't show it), but it landed me so many views for FREE, i became a believer. I have a new plan for selling products and i'll be utilizing Reddit. I'll update this post within a month or month half when i test out this method.
Rock on BL
Old 02-22-2024

I've already made $2500+ this month. That is more than 50% of my total sales prior. I still have not listed that many new items, however I noticed that once I get sales for a variation I usually have much higher odds in getting more sales from it because it shows I've already sold something. It's a psychological thing with customers. That and I've begun to get some product reviews.

I still think TikTok customer support is trash but the marketplace is decent. I really have no doubts if I made a video selling these same items and paid for ads it would blow up. The conversion for each sale would be much higher.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
SaiJin (02-22-2024)
Old 02-22-2024
Executive [VIP]

Product reviews, nice to hear - shows that the customers are really into the platform and engaging - which is expected...
Old 02-22-2024
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
They verified it from a gov database or just decipher the DL / PP based on the numbers?
Old 02-22-2024

Quote:
Product reviews, nice to hear - shows that the customers are really into the platform and engaging - which is expected...
My ratio for product reviews to items sold is 20%, with one customer taking a picture. If it’s 20% now I think it’ll be more around 30% long term.
Old 02-24-2024

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%

lol what, you're lucky to even be that high. Most platforms no more than 5% leave reviews. 10-15% if you follow up with people asking for reviews.
Old 02-24-2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBosss View Post
lol what, you're lucky to even be that high. Most platforms no more than 5% leave reviews. 10-15% if you follow up with people asking for reviews.
On Depop I have 25% working off 700+ sales. I find shipping same day or next day usually is biggest factor in customers perception of your service. Sometimes if its made to order you cannot do that but otherwise shipping fast as possible = happy customer. I used to be lazy with this, never took it serious as I have. It really has changed my business, and turned customers into repeat buyers.
Old 02-25-2024
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
On Depop I have 25% working off 700+ sales. I find shipping same day or next day usually is biggest factor in customers perception of your service. Sometimes if its made to order you cannot do that but otherwise shipping fast as possible = happy customer. I used to be lazy with this, never took it serious as I have. It really has changed my business, and turned customers into repeat buyers.
Do you primarily deal with small packages? or also large ones - or variety of stuff?
Old 02-27-2024

Quote:
Do you primarily deal with small packages? or also large ones - or variety of stuff?
Small enough where I can walk to the post office with 20 packages per day. They vary in size but I do not need to ship with boxes, I use poly mailers from Uline. Back pre 2020 I used to have 3 day handling and would wait until the 3rd, sometimes 4th day, then if there was ever a delay with USPS you can imagine the problems. After so much success it is easy to take for granted. Then after 2020 I began selling stuff I didn't have inventory of and then buying it once I made the sale. It is great in the sense of not holding inventory, and reducing costs but causes way to many problems.

I've made a habit to ship everything same day now. Depending on when they purchase it might be shipped out next day, but it's just part of my schedule, it's a must each and every day.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
rsot (03-01-2024)
Old 02-28-2024
Super Moderator

Quote:
Small enough where I can walk to the post office with 20 packages per day. They vary in size but I do not need to ship with boxes, I use poly mailers from Uline. Back pre 2020 I used to have 3 day handling and would wait until the 3rd, sometimes 4th day, then if there was ever a delay with USPS you can imagine the problems. After so much success it is easy to take for granted. Then after 2020 I began selling stuff I didn't have inventory of and then buying it once I made the sale. It is great in the sense of not holding inventory, and reducing costs but causes way to many problems.

I've made a habit to ship everything same day now. Depending on when they purchase it might be shipped out next day, but it's just part of my schedule, it's a must each and every day.

Walk to post office with 20 packages? You must have big hands =P

You're one very good example of discipline, not being lazy, and taking your selling as a real business. Most people don't even have discipline.
Old 02-28-2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Walk to post office with 20 packages? You must have big hands =P

You're one very good example of discipline, not being lazy, and taking your selling as a real business. Most people don't even have discipline.
I put them in a bag, lol.

My friend I have been on this forum since 2013. I grew up with this, many of the members who used to post here are long gone. Now that I'm older I do realize how much has changed over the last decade. I've made my share of mistakes but I have been very successful also. Mastering the craft of this I guess. I know how corrupt eBay is, and all these marketplaces.

I think we all are participating in a window of time that is fleeting. Every year the internet becomes more saturated, sure eBay or Amazon have their own MAU's, but this all becomes harder as time passes. For me the next step is opening my own website. Then using that income to reinvest in other things to de-risk my lifestyle.

It's more a sense of urgency. Need to maximize this opportunity because at the pace things are changing, stealth at some point will become almost obsolete. I thought it was many times prior, so maybe we find a way, and adapt...

I imagine many can relate to what I'm saying.
Old 03-01-2024
Super Moderator

Quote:
I put them in a bag, lol.

My friend I have been on this forum since 2013. I grew up with this, many of the members who used to post here are long gone. Now that I'm older I do realize how much has changed over the last decade. I've made my share of mistakes but I have been very successful also. Mastering the craft of this I guess. I know how corrupt eBay is, and all these marketplaces.

I think we all are participating in a window of time that is fleeting. Every year the internet becomes more saturated, sure eBay or Amazon have their own MAU's, but this all becomes harder as time passes. For me the next step is opening my own website. Then using that income to reinvest in other things to de-risk my lifestyle.

It's more a sense of urgency. Need to maximize this opportunity because at the pace things are changing, stealth at some point will become almost obsolete. I thought it was many times prior, so maybe we find a way, and adapt...

I imagine many can relate to what I'm saying.
YOu could have just gone with the big hands =P

ALl joking aside though, you'll be surprised how many people don't have a sense of urgency and a long term game plan.
Times do change and I felt it since I'm one of the oldest members here aside from Aspkin. But when times change, other opportunities arise and different methods come to light.

I wouldn't think there won't be anymore ways to make money out of them but I'll also maximise all I can now for as long as I can.

Good mindset.
Old 03-03-2024

Thanked 1,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Activity: 80%
Longevity: 33%

------------
opening your own website?
Not sure how effective it can be?
and how big is your budget?
ebay listing is free,if it only charges 15 cents per listing, I bet many listings will disappear.
Old 03-03-2024
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
ebay listing is free,if it only charges 15 cents per listing, I bet many listings will disappear.
big qs to assess. not sure what you mean by many listings will disappear?
Old 03-04-2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post

------------
No, listing on your own website is free. Every sale on eBay is 15% on the low for fees, if you are using ads its over 20%. If you do the math and your stuff sells on eBay there is no reason why nowadays you can't build your own website. You've got to be creative and understanding of how to market, but thats business. Running ads on Facebook, IG, etc. it's all targeted marketing. So yes you have to pay to run ads but you're paying eBay 20%+ to sell on there and run ads, it costs far less on your website.