Multiple Routers for Multiple IP addresses? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 03-21-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

Ebaykilla, I really couldn't.. At the time I tried everything, even more than 24 hours and nothing worked. I even called my Cable provider and asked if they could change my IP, but they were not cooperative and I was desperate...I was using something like "Hide MY IP" proxy, for few months OK, but read here that was going to get me suspended...so I really needed new IP. As I said before, it only worked after I followed instructions about changing MAC... didn't even know what MAC really meant until I did it...lol.

I still think it's easier to change IP with DSL as opposed to cable connection and there must be some difference...At the time I read everything on this forum on the issue. It saved my a** so I am forever grateful to Aspkin for creating it...None of those little "How To Get Back on Ebay" e-books ever helped or covered any of those tech issues.........
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-21-2009

Thumbs up

Lakemen, it may be so.... With cable, you are stuck with one IP unless you mess with MAC and change it. I also have AOL dial up now, which is apparently safe with Ebay and gives you different IP every time you sign on. Thanks to this forum and benefits of vast collective knowledge, I have not lost an account ever since I became member here... I learned how to build double, even triple layers of protection...I know what I am doing now..

.Aaaand..... with this post, I believe I just earned the "Executive" status! Cheers to everyone being such a sport and sharing your knowledge with others!
Old 03-22-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

I really think the reason for done people having same IP and some having different Ips on multiple computers, is caused from Cable vs. DSL. I wasn't trying to think of reasons this could happen and I didnt think of that, until you said it.

Congratulations on becoming an Executive!
Old 03-22-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

If someone is looking to just change their IP, if you look at your iconfig you can see when your ip renews. I know this is the case with Comcast. Simply look for your IP address in run CMD.

Then from what I have heard is you simply unplug your modem the night before the ip renews and turn it back on the next day and you should have a new IP.

About the router thing. I am no expert on routers by any means but if the guy is seeing a different IP at IP Burger than it must be different right?

Just as an added note about changing IP.

I have been using SMAC mac spoof software.

This stuff is so good that my ISP doesn't even know my IP.

I had an issue this week and I couldn't connect. SO I called them up and after a few corrections, he asked me to verbally tell him my IP. He said thats not what we have. BY the way I told him what I was doing and he could have cared less. I just said I was using a piece of software from PC World and was advised by the article to use it for security.

They couldn't resolve my problem so I hung up with them and it turns out the dial up modem card I was using was interfering with my connection so I just pulled it out and everything was fine.

Anyway, I feel the MAC spoofing SW is a valuable item. I don't know if you can do that same thing with a router. But if I am fooling even my ISP than theres no way eBay will know.
Old 03-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
I really think the reason for done people having same IP and some having different Ips on multiple computers, is caused from Cable vs. DSL. I wasn't trying to think of reasons this could happen and I didnt think of that, until you said it.

Congratulations on becoming an Executive!
Thanks Lakeman, you are sweet!

Planes, I have Comcast...will try your advise sometime. I am fine for now with my new IP. Working hard to stay alive with it cause I sell Vero (Auth. Vero).
Old 04-03-2009

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via MSN to jakesh2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaykilla View Post
If your computer is getting its internet feed directly from the router either thru a direct connection thru the router's ethernet plug or via the wireless connection, it picks up the ROUTER'S IP addy. Each new router produces a new ip when you swap them out as long as that new router has been turned off for 24 hrs. To use just one router and change them faster you will need to go to your admin page for the router and change the MAC address. To change the mac address you can use any combination of letters or numbers for the LAST TWO PAIRS of numbers in mac address of the router. The letters must not exceed the letter "F". So you can use A1 & 34, 22 & 11, EA & BC or 4R & FF, etc etc. DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER PAIRS IN THE MAC ADDRESS...JUST THE LAST TWO. To get an IP back: keep track of the MAC addresses and their corresponding IP's. Usually you can get them back if you re-connect to them in a 24 hr period.

PS..You will need to turn off your router and modem for 30 seconds after each change.

how many differnt ip address we can get with change the mac address in 24 hours ?? is it possible to change the mac address 100 times in 24 hours and get 100 differnt new ip address?

thank you
Old 04-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

you will most likely get a new ip for each new combination of letters and numbers as explained above. no limit to how many times you change your MAC address as long as you are using numbers and letters A thru F on the last two sets of the MAC (example A1 & B1..or AF and 73) . Do not change any other pairs except the last two sets!.

so yes you can get 100's of ip's if you try hard enuf.

Last edited by ebaykilla; 04-04-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old 04-04-2009

Send a message via MSN to jakesh2000

i am so confused about mac address so from what i understand: anything that has "Ethernet capable network connection" has one Mac address ,so which mac address will ebay and paypal be able to track the one from my router ??or on my computer ,and do you know how can i clone or hide my mac address (the one which is traceable of course),i found this software for "mac address spoofing" Technitium MAC Address Changer v5 (FREEWARE)

i tried so much to change my mac address(the one that software showed as my mac address) but it didn't work for some reason and again my questions is which mac address can this software change if i do it right the one from the router or the one from my computer??

thank you
Old 04-14-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesh2000 View Post
i am so confused about mac address so from what i understand: anything that has "Ethernet capable network connection" has one Mac address ,so which mac address will ebay and paypal be able to track the one from my router ??or on my computer ,and do you know how can i clone or hide my mac address (the one which is traceable of course),i found this software for "mac address spoofing" Technitium MAC Address Changer v5 (FREEWARE)

i tried so much to change my mac address(the one that software showed as my mac address) but it didn't work for some reason and again my questions is which mac address can this software change if i do it right the one from the router or the one from my computer??

thank you

I use the one I stated in the above post and it works great! It doesn't actually change the MAC# but clones it.

Again no expert here, but what I have learned is when you go to a site, your ISP asks your computer for your IP and the MAC says OK here it is. The IP and MAC # goes to your ISP and then just your IP goes to the site your visiting.

Some things I am not sure about:

The ISP assigns your computer the IP based on your MAC number which is done when you first get service?

When you spoof/clone your MAC, at first, the ISP doesn't have an IP for it. so rebooting tricks your ISP into giving another IP?

What I don't understand is how does the ISP know you are a legit customer? Is it because you have their modem? The CS rep from Comcast didnt know my IP when I talked to him?

Does their software just reset the IP and assumes you are a customer?

Does that mean you could get free service? My bill was 4 days past due this month and I wasn't turned-off. Normally I ma tuned off within 24 hours of non payment from the cutoff date.

Am I missing something here?
Old 04-22-2009

Default Hi there... Questions...

So you only use your dial-up connection to log in to Ebay answering emails? How about posting? How do you do that? It must be so slow if you use dail up to upload listings with images???

My account got suspended on sunday night and am still learning to open a new ebay and paypal account that will last.... plus do I need to relist all the listing I have? I currently have all my listing with Auctiva...its gonna take forever to redo them all... do I really have to redo them under different listing manager?

Auctiva is part of Ebay isnt it???

Please help.

Thanks a lot!

Green Task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
There may be some difference between cable high speed connection and phone high speed connection as lakeman has it. I have cable, one router attached to my PC upstairs and two laptops downstairs. One laptop that is wireless, has the same IP as my PC connected to the router upstairs. The other "old" laptop, still with windows 98 on it, I only use dial up when I need to log into my Ebay accounts to answer emails.(Sloooow...but serves the purpose.)

Also,I can't ever change my IP just by turning my router off and on. In order to change permanently my IP I had to resort to changing MAC address as stated above.
That's why I believe some things are different when it comes to cable and DSL high speeds. What works on one, may not work on the other...........I am by no means an expert, but observed this when I was pressed to change my cable IP and found this info just by reading forums.
Old 04-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

auctiva has nothing to do with ebay however you will need to open a new auctiva to start a new ebay account. ebay has already marked that auctiva account as no good. you can use high speed to create listings in auctiva and the suggested dial up to check ebay messages.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaykilla For This Useful Post:
greentask (05-03-2009)
Old 04-29-2009

Longevity: 86%

i normally use wireless router for ebay etc, today i tried wired connection through my modem and hey presto different ip address, which i checked on more than one ip checker site
Old 04-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
I have Bellsouth. I'm not trying to argue, I'm just saying I've never seen two computers in one house with the same ip. To help back me up I searched around on Google and found lots of people say its not possible to share the same ip. I'm just stating from personal experience and research, I believe you have two conputers with the same ip I just don't see how.
WOW, I have 4 PCs with SAME IP, I wish I could get new IPs for each, it would make this stealth thing soooo easy
I have 1 modem/router and 1 ethernet the rest are wireless to the router.

The only way I get a diff IP is on dialup.

Hey, if I change from my DLINK modem/router to my NetLink will I get a new IP? (I have Static IP)
thanks, please PM me if you know as I need a new IP.

Also, how do you guys have like 3 accounts but make sure the IP's are diff for each one? you cant just change your IP every day right? you would get flagged??
Old 04-30-2009

I don't understand why wouldn't everybody have 1 computer on AOL dial up dedicated just for opening new user accounts, answering Ebay emails, withdrawing money from PayPal? And than do your listings with assigned Auctiva on your high speed? It is real easy, avoids all the headaches associated with "switching" routers on and off, keeping track of your IPs etc. Best of all, you get to keep all of your cookies in each user accounts and are less likely to make linking mistakes..

Just not sure if peeps not in US can obtain AOL dial up or something similar in their respective countries.

Last edited by Lyda; 04-30-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
I don't understand why wouldn't everybody have 1 computer on AOL dial up dedicated just for opening new user accounts, answering Ebay emails, withdrawing money from PayPal? And than do your listings with assigned Auctiva on your high speed? It is real easy, avoids all the headaches associated with "switching" routers on and off, keeping track of your IPs etc. Best of all, you get to keep all of your cookies in each user accounts and are less likely to make linking mistakes..

Just not sure if peeps not in US can obtain AOL dial up or something similar in their respective countries.
i would but i don't have a landline...i use vonage.
Old 04-30-2009

I also dropped my land line long time ago, but signed on again just so I can have AOL dial-up.... Plus, it gave me new phone number for the new Ebay account.
Old 04-30-2009

I use a phoneline that goes through my ADSL, can i still use dialup?
so, yeaa my big thing is the IP, I only have 1... it sucks! Static ADSL
Old 04-30-2009

can turbolister send your IP over to eBay?
Old 04-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
can turbolister send your IP over to eBay?
of course.
Old 04-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
I use a phoneline that goes through my ADSL, can i still use dialup?
so, yeaa my big thing is the IP, I only have 1... it sucks! Static ADSL
I am not sure, but my guess is no. You need land line for AOL dial-up.
Old 05-01-2009

Thanks Lyda & ebaykilla.
If i cannot use yurbolister, is there another app or something I can use to List so my IP does not get carried oover?

Thanks for your help.
I'm almost done and ready to go, I just need to work out the best way to not get my IP sent to eBay when listing, and hopefully even doing my invoicing from a 3rd party app.

I have ADSL.
2 accounts, 1 IP. but 2 accounts opened from 2 diff IPs using 2 PCs as I logged into a Hotspot for one, but that is not an option where I live now.

ANY info or help is greatly appreciated, pls PM if you like.
I can also help with other aspects of PayPal verification if ppl need help, just got my PP ac**** back to regular status after confirming ID
Old 05-01-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Yes, you can use Auctiva.