Anyone on here use AT&T Uverse internet? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 04-04-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Anyone on here use AT&T Uverse internet?

^^ see title

I haven't even done anything yet, to see whether they give you a static or dynamic IP address with this ISP so I was wondering if anyone else here had experience creating stealth accounts on it?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-05-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

There was one member awhile back who posted problems using Uverse.. I haven't heard much more then that though.
Old 04-05-2009

Longevity: 92%

I have AT&T uverse, and unfortunately because its a family account, I can't change the IP or ask for it to be changed without them notifying the primary account holder (my dad) and dealing with interrogation & twenty questions from him.

So I've been using free dialup just for the few moments needed to create the accounts, and then after that, just using Auctiva.

However I am looking into several other options including getting a separate phone line with either dialup or DSL/Cable, OR using a secure VPN.

I don't know yet which of those I'll be going with long-term though.
The Following User Says Thank You to the80skidcloset For This Useful Post:
aspkin (04-06-2009)
Old 04-05-2009

Longevity: 91%

Once you get separate phone line you can have on it both, dial up and DSL. Dial up for registering new accounts and DSL to list through Auctiva.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyda For This Useful Post:
kuntrykok (05-07-2009)
Old 04-05-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the80skidcloset View Post
I have AT&T uverse, and unfortunately because its a family account, I can't change the IP or ask for it to be changed without them notifying the primary account holder (my dad) and dealing with interrogation & twenty questions from him.
Yeah that sux, I'm in kind of the same situation as you for now. For the moment I'm with my parents and I don't know how long it's going to be that way - until I get enough money working to start going to school again so who knows how long that will take.

Unfortunately I've already "linked" my current IP with PayBay thanks to a botched attempt at a f@k3 account from a few weeks ago... Although maybe there's a chance I can use it again if Uverse gives you a dynamic IP. I guess until someone finds out for sure I'll just need to monitor my IP address for a while and find out.

Let me know what you end up doing and how it works out for you though. I've kinda been thinking a VPN might be the best way to go in my particular case as well, but I still need to do some more research on that...
Old 04-30-2009

Default Finally something I can answer...

Hi everyone , I have been on this forum for over a month. I felt like I have never gained so much knowledge in a short period of time, also felt bad that I could not be of any help yet. until...
I was searching on this topic too, trying to see if anyone knows how to change the IP with att u-verse. I just have att u-verse installed at my house last week. Both the sales guy and installation guy told me it was dynamic, but when I tried to change the IP by turning off the modem a couple days ago, ip didn't change at all. So, i called att and on the phone with them for 40 minutes. The outcome is the public IP will be static... It seems like i am out of luck on this. I am thinking about adding internet service to my husband's blackberry, or going back to DSL.
The Following User Says Thank You to mimo For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (04-30-2009)
Old 04-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

mimo,
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for finding out about this service. Would have been great if it was a dynamic IP. Maybe dial-up could be considered?
Old 05-07-2009

I have a question. I have Att and I have reset my modem and so far have gotten 10 different IP's. I am a little scared now that I will not get the same one back that I need. Anyone have some advice? I have two seperate accounts with the second one being opened today. What if I never get the same IP address back?
Old 06-16-2009

Longevity: 86%

Edit:

You can not change your ip with u-verse unless you replace your gateway.

Last edited by Hypothermic; 07-02-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 08-17-2009

I need a new ip for uverse too.
Old 09-17-2009

We also have AT&T uverse ~ What free dial up can we use? I have AOL, can they track you thru there?
Seems to me you use dial up to create account, then use internet for auctiva.com. You can see what your auctions are doing from Auctiva. Also ebay messages go to your email account for you to read. Do you see any problems with this method? Not sure if we can call AT&T and request new gateway IP !!
Old 09-19-2009

Thumbs up At&t uverse

Hey guys~ Just spent over an hour with an AT&T rep. If you have the "dynamic" IP, every time you reboot your computer it changes the IP address
It was like trying to pull hens teeth! Finally got a straight answer !

AT&T tech:As I said,that we are using a dynamic IP changes every time you turn on the computer you are using

Well, the stress is off my back now! Good luck to all
Old 09-24-2009

Very confused here. I have been chatting with the AT&T techs, have had 3 different answers to the IP address. He said the only IP that can be change when resetting the gateway is only the local IP and not your public IP.And now regarding the public IP, it does change after rebooting the gateway,
however, it would only change if the system has been updated to do so and found it necessary.
We really do not have control over that.
only changes the devices IP or the gateways/router's IP
and still would not change its public IP
With turning the verizon modem off and back on:that only changes the devices IP or the gateways/router's IP and still would not change its public IP
Isnt AT&T that gave us the public IP address???
What to do now, tech told me to use dialup!!!
Old 11-30-2009

Longevity: 94%

Hi guys,

I also have AT&T U-verse and have been reading countless forums that the only way to change your IP address is to get another Residential Gateway from AT&T. Does anyone know an "excuse" I can use so that they will change out the RG?
Old 12-02-2009

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by htown View Post
Hi guys,

I also have AT&T U-verse and have been reading countless forums that the only way to change your IP address is to get another Residential Gateway from AT&T. Does anyone know an "excuse" I can use so that they will change out the RG?
No Joke.
I have U-Verse too.

I am studying Biological Engineering, so I knew a little about electronics.
I put some water in my mouth, and placed my mouth againt the RG, and squirted it out as the water would get through the hole-like covering, it prevents water from entering if you spill some on it, and if you need, you need to pour a lot on.

Disconnect the power from the RG first. It will start to short. Fail. Blow dry the water out and shake it all out. Plug it in and see if it works. Mine still worked after the first 1-2 times. 3rd time, it failed.

Just make sure you get it all dry. As the Tech wont know what is wrong They will just get an error code that it cant be repaired. Hardware failure.

Act upset. Very displeased. SDay you had past problems with it, disconnecting, etc. Had to reset it.

It will be replaced. You may be without internet for a day or two before the tech comes. Or you can do it the day the tech comes. Which is what I did. Haha. I worried he would be at my house and Im still trying to blow dry my water out.

Works. Try it.
Im Now an eBay PowerSeller and Top Rated Seller. :D
The Following User Says Thank You to Hypothermic For This Useful Post:
htown (12-02-2009)
Old 08-31-2011

Longevity: 73%
Default I have u-verse, but use sprint 4g card for new IPs.

Hello, in belgium we have dongle 3g with monthly plan and a sim card in

when you speak about sprint 4 g card, do you have sim card to connect to internet ?

i want try next month in belgium to know if it change the ip adress too
thank
Old 08-31-2011

Longevity: 90%
Send a message via AIM to adam34996 Send a message via MSN to adam34996

Dont get UVERSE.

I have it and the IP is static.

What I did because I still wanted my AT&T cable package was -

Called time Warner. Signed up for there $20/month package and purchase a netgear wireless router. You can change your IP with netgear one of two ways.

1. You can unplug it for 2 min and reset. This will give you random IP that supposedly go in a sequence then start over.

2. You can change your MAC address in your router config and get specific IPs.

I now have 2 wireless connections to choose from.

Good luck
Old 11-29-2011

Longevity: 71%

I have AT&T U-verse to and I'm concerned that the latest replies on this thread is kinda old. Does anyone know if this is outdated info? I've tried all of the above and have been on the phone with AT&T tech who told me they have dynamic BUT I still can't change my ip address. Ugh! so frustrating. Stupid feebay!
Old 04-07-2012

Longevity: 70%
Default Change Uverse Ip

I switched routers and received a new ip address, I think.

Using my android phone I connected via wifi to my old router. Using an app called copy ip, I determined my external ip was 108.225.78.44, internal was 192.168.1.64

I replaced the uverse router with a new one that I had delivered from att.

After it booted and was complete i connected with my phone again i used the same program and my external was 108.225.78.167 and my internal was the same.

Previously whenever i reconnected to my old router after having connected to various other networks , upon returning my ip was always 108.225.78.44

So it has apparently changed with a new installed and activated uverse replacement router?
Old 04-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

I have AT&T DSL and get a different IP every time I do a restart or unplug the modem.

Never in 9 months now have I gotten the same IP address. I keep very close track.

I thought Uverse wat their TV service. Every time I check its their television cable type service, not the internet connection.

I also dont have a phone line, Just the DSL.

My direcTV is connected to the internet via my DSL but I dont subscribe to Directv via AT&T. sounds confusing but its not.
Old 04-08-2012

Longevity: 70%
Default were in a commercial building not with home service.

We have uverse business class. Only provider available at the location. Its dsl. Phone line comes out of wall and is split to modem/router and to actual phone.
Old 07-02-2012

Longevity: 73%

We have AT&T U-Verse and we like it except for the Static IP. It's a fast service and dependable. I have unplugged the modem/router overnight and for several days when we're traveling and it is always the same IP since we switched to U-Verse last November. I have been using my iPhone 4 tethered to connect to the internet but have some concerns regarding AT&T limiting the number of available IP addresses on 3G service. (I've addressed this question in another thread).