Turning A Flashed to Verizon Android Phone Into A VPN Server - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 07-28-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default Turning A Flashed to Verizon Android Phone Into A VPN Server

Verizon VPN?

I wish I was able to tell you how to do it right now...

I'm just wondering if anyone here has turned a Android device into a VPN server that works flawlessly so I can get a better idea of how to go about it?

I know what your thinking... its a lot of work for a 3g connection. What I'm thinking is it's a server for $5 a month, with thousands of Residential IP'S (not data-center ip's). Which would be optimal for account creation. Plus these flashed to 3G devices barley get signal where I'm at. After 90 days I can make accounts a VPN connection using a data center ip.

I see there are a few different ways to do this. All requiring root...
Im trying to figure out if I should try an app like Servers Ultimate Pro using openVPN...

Or if I should install Linux on the phone. I'm thinking if I install Linux using Linux Deploy and Busy Box it might be possible to run Softether VPN server. There is a ARM version of SoftEther for Linux.

Multiloginapp already gave the instruction on how to toggle airplane mode on/off remotely with Tasker & Notify My Android so that work is done.

He also gave the instructions on how to do this ( MRI Method ) but his way required a VPS and a back-connected proxie to the cellular connection. I believe it can be done without the use of a VPS.

Last edited by aspkin; 05-18-2018 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Verizon VPN
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-28-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Turning A Flashed to Verizon Android Phone Into A VPN Server

Too much work, why not just tether? Just toggling airplane mode gives you a new IP, nuff said....
Old 07-28-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Can you clarify what exactly you are trying to do?

By turning the phone into a VPN server, wouldn't the VPN IP address be the same IP as if you were to tether? I can't see any pro's for going the server route other than it would be mildly cool.
Old 07-28-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
Too much work, why not just tether? Just toggling airplane mode gives you a new IP, nuff said....
You cant be serious...
I'm looking for at least Tier 2 support here...
Old 07-28-2017
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
You cant be serious...
I'm looking for at least Tier 2 support here...
Not when you have a Tier -100 question.
Old 07-28-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Can you clarify what exactly you are trying to do?

By turning the phone into a VPN server, wouldn't the VPN IP address be the same IP as if you were to tether? I can't see any pro's for going the server route other than it would be mildly cool.
Mildly cool? Think of the possibilities. You can't deny it'd be a nice tool to have in the arsenal. [edit] let me add I realize its over kill for this form of stealth.

I'm trying to leave the phone 1,600 miles away. While using it as if it were in front of me.

Different locations give different blocks of IP's. As we all know 1 Flashed to Verizon 3G phone gives thousands of Residential IP's. Another issue that has me looking into this is Verizon has started closing this exploit this year. For instance this service doesn't work from Miami to Daytona with two exceptions of Vero Beach & Melbourne on Interstate 95. That's somewhere around a 300+ mile dead zone with two small spots of coverage.

I'm sure we can all agree that creating an account with a Residential IP is optimal.

AT&T gives about 250 Residential IP's this I know for sure. I can only guess T-Mobile and Verizon 4G is the same. It's easy to run through those 200+ ip in a matter of months. I'm looking into options to safe guard the future.

From the research I've done so far its not impossible for me to figure out. There's quite a few guides out there and I'm very comfortable with SoftEther server. So its all relative. I'm just trying to decide which way to go about it.

I love solving these kind of puzzles as I'm sure others here do too. If nothing else just for the thrill. If it beats me... I move on.

Last edited by nate; 07-28-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-28-2017
Banned

First Residential IPs are TOTALLY different than mobile 3g/4g IPs.

Mobile phones DO NOT give Residential. Residential IPs are the ones you get from Time Warner, Comcast etc...

It's great I'm running one myself, thousands of miles away. 3G connection is too slow, must upgrade to 4G unlimited data and you are all set mate.

Old 07-28-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
First Residential IPs are TOTALLY different than mobile 3g/4g IPs.
different maybe. data center ip? NO.

Quote:
Mobile phones DO NOT give Residential. Residential IPs are the ones you get from Time Warner, Comcast etc...
Show me your source. Give me a link. Here, let me help you learn something. You can write a [guide] on it later. https://multiloginapp.com/datacenter...al-ip-proxies/ It's common sense, cellular ip's are categorized the same as residential ips by EB & PP but don't take my word for it. Take the word of the app dev. that gave us canvas defender.

Quote:
It's great I'm running one myself, thousands of miles away. 3G connection is too slow, must upgrade to 4G unlimited data and you are all set mate.
Now your trolling me... You would have made a [GUIDE] on it by now I'm sure of that. If you actually take the time to write guides on simple s**t. You'd love to get credit for some genius s**t.
The Following User Says Thank You to nate For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (07-28-2017)
Old 07-28-2017
Banned

Quote:
Now your trolling me... You would have made a [GUIDE] on it by now I'm sure of that. If you actually take the time to write guides on simple s**t. You'd love to get credit for some genius s**t.
For you to ABUSE? No thanks...
Old 07-28-2017

Longevity: 50%

very interesting topic, but it looks going nowhere ..
Old 07-29-2017
Threadstarter  

This is for fun... Not at all necessary to run stealth.

I wasted the last 24hrs trying to figure out how to root this phone just to find out it already has Root access.

I guess that's good news. One less thing to figure out. If you order one of these flashed phones it most likely already has root access in order to get the wifi hotspot to work.

I guess I'm going to try the app Ultimate Server Pro with Servers Ultimate Pack A first. For $8.95 if it saves me time its worth it. If it doesn't work, it's only a $9 loss.

This application would be best case scenario because you could connect to WiFi and leave the phone anywhere... run on battery if needed. If this doesn't work or is too hard to figure out I came up with Plan B. Add a Raspberry Pi to the mix. But then a power supply would be needed. The phone could charge off the usb. SoftEther will run off Raspbian no problem and there are countless guides out there.
Old 07-29-2017
Banned

Yo, link some of those guides so I can do them all.
Old 07-30-2017
Threadstarter  

I'm not sure if SoftEther can run on Linux Deploy. I rooted a galaxy s4 with odin3 and installed linux deploy, busybox (the correct busybox by meefik) and android terminal emulator. I tried two installs. CentOS and Deblian. For what ever reason yum and apt-get aren't found. So I couldn't get development tools, GCC or Libpcap. All I get is a error message "tmp-mksh: yum or apt-get not found". This should have been the easy part.

There is no sudo either, instead you have to run the cmd: su (for SuperSU) That didnt do sh#t.

I was able to download SoftEther Server using wget and was able to extract the tar. I can cd into vpnserver but it wont let me execute the make file. All I get is tmp-mksh: make not found. So I hit a dead-end there. It might be possible but the config isn't going to go the way its suppose to without fixing alot of missing sh#t and moving files around.

I also downloaded the server ultimate pro app & the Pack A with VPN server. I haven't set it up yet but I see there is only one way to connect to it by using a openVPN client. The problem is you have to manually set the public ip address on the server side so there would be no switching ip's without having access to the server device.

If you wanted to connect to WiFi somewhere and leave the server phone there it would work, but its almost pointless. Unless you used it for something other than to get a ip address.

I know the raspberry pi would work just to get cellular ip's remotely. It'd be too bulky to hide somewhere though. Plus it needs a power supply. Maybe this is why multilogin's MRI method used another server as well.
Old 07-30-2017
Threadstarter  

To clarify yum was installed in CentOS and apt-get was installed in Debian. While the OS is building the're downloaded and installed so I have no idea why they cant be used or found.

The only thing I couldn't get to go right on install was I couldn't install as chroot. It would only let me install as proot. I checked to make sure I have full root access to the phone and supposedly I do so I'm not sure why. I even disabled Knox. Everything else that needed root worked.

And like I said if I run cmd as "su' it gives me root access in the terminal.

Another problem I had was I couldn't ssh into the phone over LAN with a PC. I set up SSH to run on port 22 at startup but I kept saying access denied when I tried to Putty into it. SSH would start on startup but when I'd run a status check it say it had stopped. Android Terminal Emulator is able to connect using it though so I have no clue what was going on there.

I didn't want to trial run this on the flashed phone in case it bricked so I used a spare galaxy I had using WiFi.
Old 07-30-2017
Threadstarter  

I finly got linux deploy to act right. Because I got root with SuperSU I had to go into SuperSU settings and uncheck Mount namespace separation. I also had to go in to Busy Box and get the install location ( /system/xbin ). Then back into Linux Deploy settings and add Busy Box's install location in Path Variable and Update the ENV (operating enviroment). Then Reboot...

Then to get root privileges I had to change the username in Linux Deploy to root and set username password. This had to be done before the Linux install other wise there was no way to get root.

This allowed me to do the Linux install as chroot. After that every thing ran smooth like a normal server. I was able to ssh into the cell through my pc.

The only differences I ran into from a VPS was that I had to install wget, and when I went to add the vpnserver config with vi editor I had to use the sudo cmd. "sudo vi /etc/init.d/vpnserver" to be able to write the file.

After that the server started and I set up the virtual hub and connection.

The problem with this test is it's only on LAN because the Galaxy doesn't have service. But it's Fact.. You can set up SoftEther server on a cell using Linux Deploy and Busy Box. I'm just still not sure how or if it would work with a cellular connection.

Last edited by nate; 07-30-2017 at 08:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nate For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (08-01-2017)
Old 07-30-2017
Banned

Lots of tutorials on the web KEEP READING, you'll get there..eventually
How to clean photos
Best image resizer
Old 07-30-2017
Threadstarter  

SoftEther Server run on Linux Deploy. Post a link. Show me My Google skills are str8 trash. If you can find one tutorial Ill give u that...
Old 07-30-2017
Banned

Quote:
SoftEther Server run on Linux Deploy. Post a link. Show me My Google skills are str8 trash. If you can find one tutorial Ill give u that...
Not with that attitude, all you get from me is $hit.
How to clean photos
Best image resizer
Old 07-30-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Not with that attitude, all you get from me is $hit.
Yea, exactly... Because there is none...

I just installed Linux Deploy on the flashed phone and it gives Linux the public IP address. So as long as this sh$tty LG phone can handle it... It WILL work as a Standalone VPN Server. Along with any Android with cellular connection you can fully root and run Linux Deploy on.

Old 07-30-2017
Banned

Do you need root to install and run that?
Old 07-31-2017
Threadstarter  

I got it. It works...

On this flashed to Verizon LG Optimus Zone 2 (I can't believe it worked on this $hitty phone) I ran into some different problems with missing packages. Root was gained with Towelroot so there wasn't any settings I had to change there. It just worked.

I installed CentOS 7 no problem, but I think it skipped a couple packages.

When installing SoftEther Server I had to install wget to download SoftEther server.

Then when I went to execute the make file it gave error so I had to install make "yum install make" to solve that problem.

When I went to chmod permissions to vpncmd & vpnserver I got errors. After a lot of google searches I had to install openssl-devel "yum install openssl-devel" to solved that problem.

I had to use sudo cmd again to write the softether config to /etc/init.d/vpnserver

after that I ran the start cmd and the server started up same as before, no issues.

Setting up SoftEther Server Manager & Client took some trial and error because Im working with a dynamic ip. SoftEther has Dynamic DNS Setting.

Dynamic DNS
The Dynamic DNS function assigns a world-wide unique identifier on your SoftEther VPN Server. Your global IP address of SoftEther VPN Server will follow dynamic IP address changes. If the IP address of SoftEther VPN Server suddenly changed, the IP address record which is registered to the Dynamic DNS hostname changes automatically and immediately. A VPN client user can specify the Dynamic DNS hostname as the destination VPN Server's hostname instead of the IP address. VPN Clients and VPN Bridges can keep stable connections to your SoftEther VPN Server even if the server-side Internet connection is not a Static IP address contracts.

Not only do you have to use the DNS hostname for ip in SoftEther Client, but you also have to use it in VPN Manager as the VPN Server Hostname.

It takes about 90 seconds for the ip to be updated after a ip change in order to reconnect.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nate For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (08-01-2017), stealthbro (06-13-2018), TOOKNAPA (07-31-2017)
Old 07-31-2017
Banned

Dayummmm, why make it slow and more difficult?
How to clean photos
Best image resizer