WiFi & Mobile broadband at same time on laptop for logmein & change ip access? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 02-09-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven
Default WiFi & Mobile broadband at same time on laptop for logmein & change ip access?

I would like to know this please.

I want to have my wifi and mobile broadband connected a the same time on my laptop and have the mobile broadband as main priority.

I want to use logmein to access a remote computer, so need the permanent wifi connection which will always be on.
Then, when I have access to the remote computer, I want to open the mobile broadband dongle connect page and click connect so the dongle is connected.
Then I want to use the wifi dongle on the remote computer as the main internet use and when I disconnect from the dongle, I will still be connected to the main wifi land connection so will still be able to use logmein.

Hope it makes sense and is it possible?

I know that I can have 2 internet connections on 1 laptop - as in the landline wifi and the mobile broadband. In my case, when the 2 are connected, it used the landline wifi connection as the main connection. As mentioned, I want the dongle as main conection and when I disconnect, I want the wifi landline to be used.

Thanks for all help in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-09-2014
Threadstarter  

Default Re: WiFi & Mobile broadband at same time on laptop for logmein & change ip access?

Its ok - i sorted it for now
Old 02-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: WiFi & Mobile broadband at same time on laptop for logmein & change ip access?

Is this possible, yes...but why are you going to this extreme measure?
Old 02-09-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

You can't connect to both networks at once. And I don't understand why u would want to even if u were able......? . With logmein , you can be on your laptop and use your broadband mobile to connect to your home PC as long as your computer and modem is on at home, and u will be operating your computer at home so it will be your home IP seen if u log into paypal or eBay.
Old 02-09-2014
Threadstarter  

So I don't need VPS or similar to access my UK accounts from Netherlands and I can have a new UK ip addresses when doing so.
Old 02-09-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
You can't connect to both networks at once..
Hi. I just connected my mobile broadband dongle and my wifi both at same time and checked them both in network settings. It said both are active.

The handy thing is when I close the mobile broadband connection, the wifi is still active.

I will know if it defo worked tomor as I go to UK and if it does work, it should mean no need to VPS etc. as one will be able to get new ip addresses via this method maybe

Last edited by easy.bake.oven; 02-09-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oven.hot.pizza View Post
Hi. I just connected my mobile broadband dongle and my wifi both at same time and checked them both in network settings. It said both are active.

The handy thing is when I close the mobile broadband connection, the wifi is still active.

I will know if it defo worked tomor as I go to UK and if it does work, it should mean no need to VPS etc. as one will be able to get new ip addresses via this method maybe
Well that does make sense and yes it is possible, I've done it myself but it was for an experiment.
Old 02-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Well that does make sense and yes it is possible, I've done it myself but it was for an experiment.
NO WAY HAVE YOU DONE THIS.......

or you would have said on this forum and you would have got BIG status.

I just got back to UK and tested everything.

There is no need for VPS, VPN or any of that stuff....... use teamviewer with a dongle and wifi connected and you can have a new ip from next country easy peasy.

To the mods.... if I found something new, which I think I have, I want big status on this forum please.

Thanks

and to those who said you can not have 2 connections at same time... sorry, you were wrong....I have tried and tested and all works - to the point where you can have many broadband dongles connected to your pc and work away with teamviewer - tried and tested
Old 02-10-2014
Threadstarter  

OK, I just logged into my dutch ebay in UK though my way of doing it and it work perfect. I got a Dutch ip via my lappy in Netherlands via broadband dongle via teamviewer with the wifi thingy as mentioned above.

So.... this means, NO NEED FOR VPS, NO NEED FOR VPN AND NO NEED FOR SLOW DIALUP ONLY if you can have a computer on all the time as mentioned in above posts in the country of your choice. Its not that hard to have a pc on all the time in another country... just go there and talk to some bods
Old 02-10-2014

Longevity: 59%
Question Re: WiFi & Mobile broadband at same time on laptop for logmein & change ip access?

Quote:
Its not that hard to have a pc on all the time in another country... just go there and talk to some bods
How so? For e.g. I am in US, and wanted a laptop on to access using team viewer in your country, how would i do that???
Old 02-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
NO WAY HAVE YOU DONE THIS.......
or you would have said on this forum and you would have got BIG status.
No I have done this but I didn't have a need to do this since I don't travel outside of the US.
Old 02-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
No I have done this but I didn't have a need to do this since I don't travel outside of the US.

Sorry, that's a bit rude of me saying you never did it.
I see you are very helpful on this forum and are very clever from reading your posts, so I have no doubt you already did it.

Only smallish problem with doing it this way is that if the mobile broadband dongle signal drops out, then the landline wifi kicks in and if on ebay or paypal at that time, there can be troubles if the landline wifi have been used before on ebay.paypal on a banned account. However, small precautions can be taken to minimise any troubles.
Old 02-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzoo View Post
How so? For e.g. I am in US, and wanted a laptop on to access using team viewer in your country, how would i do that???
The usual ways.... friends house etc. or if it is financially viable for you, rent the cheapest room you can find in the country you need to stealth in and put a cheap laptop in there.

Or you could go for the 'I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine' type of thing where you can have a laptop setup in your country and find someone who needs similar setup etc.

If I had time, I would stick a small laptop in the corner for you at a small fee of course, but I am not available to do this.
Old 02-10-2014

Longevity: 63%

You are confusing simple networking facts.

Yes, you can have more than one connection on a computer, but one connection is active at a time. Rule of thumb, wired connection wins even if there is no internet connection. If there is no wired connection, dongle wins. Directly connected devices wins.

When you use teamviewer or any remote connection software, the IP on the remote computer should be from that region. Drawback of this connection is changing the IP address. There will be no access to reboot modem to complete changing IP address.
aspkin (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Question Re: WiFi & Mobile broadband at same time on laptop for logmein & change ip access?

Quote:
Sorry, that's a bit rude of me saying you never did it.
I see you are very helpful on this forum and are very clever from reading your posts, so I have no doubt you already did it.

Only smallish problem with doing it this way is that if the mobile broadband dongle signal drops out, then the landline wifi kicks in and if on ebay or paypal at that time, there can be troubles if the landline wifi have been used before on ebay.paypal on a banned account. However, small precautions can be taken to minimise any troubles.
No worries mate, the reason I know it does work is because I use my home PC for stealth and every day stuff. I remember connecting to the mifi but forgot to disconnect my Ethernet connection, I checked my ip and it was the mifi ip. I proceeded to print some labels and printed. I then switched user accounts but this time I disconnected from my Ethernet connection and tried to print again...nothing! (Printer is on my network, not USB connected), that's when I realized both connections were active at the same time.
Old 02-11-2014
Threadstarter  

Thumbs up Re: WiFi & Mobile broadband at same time on laptop for logmein & change ip access?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoteBay View Post
You are confusing simple networking facts.

Yes, you can have more than one connection on a computer, but one connection is active at a time. Rule of thumb, wired connection wins even if there is no internet connection. If there is no wired connection, dongle wins. Directly connected devices wins.

When you use teamviewer or any remote connection software, the IP on the remote computer should be from that region. Drawback of this connection is changing the IP address. There will be no access to reboot modem to complete changing IP address.
Hello. Yes you can reboot the modem to get a new IP. This is my big discovery!!!!

I have successfully done this the other day from my UK pc to my pc in Netherlands. So I got real excited and made this post

Regarding which connection wins - most of the time the wired connection wins, but on the odd occasion, the dongle won, so one must check what connection is on before stealthing in this way.

Last edited by easy.bake.oven; 02-11-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-11-2014

oh ok , I thought u were saying u were running two user accounts simultaneously each on a different network. , but yea you meant have both on when one disconnects it picks up the other net work

So you use logmein , and have both networks on at the same time, so your able to just click on the network u want and switch the IP, wow so simple. I just started using LOGMEIN 3 weeks ago and been trying to think of a way to turn my modem off and on remotely after changing the Mac to pick up a new IP remotely, I even thought of getting a WEMO switch plugging the modem and router in to the same power strip plugged into the wemo outlet but than the problem is once you shut off The power to the modem u lose the connection to turn it back on , I wonder if the WEMO SWIITCH can be sister up to say your router first and than a hotspot, so if u turn the switch off it will kill the power to the modem and router, now will it be able to reconnect with the hotspot making u regain control and be able to turn the power on and allowing your modem and router to reset giving a new IP.... Guess I have an experiment to do
Old 02-11-2014
Threadstarter  

DMshark25 - I actually am using teamviewer and am still experimenting at the moment, but everthing is working perfect. I had an idea/theory to do this and it is working all to plan.

I am not good at explaining but here it goes....

My remote pc has a wired net connection which is on right now in another country.

I log into it from UK with teamviewer.

On the remote pc, I keep the wired connection active and connect the wifi dongle which is already connected to a usb port on the pc in the other country.

Now, in theory and have I have tested on my setup and it works, do this.... disconnect the wired connection and you will be left with the wifi dongle connection active.

Check your ip and all should be new and good via the wifi dongle. Then you can do your stealthing, make accounts, etc. and all with an ip from the land the remote pc is in.

Now, when you need a new ip or need to log out of the ebay/paypal you need to do this.......

Turn on the wired land connection so that when you disconnect the wifi dongle connection, you will still be connected and teamviewer will still be working.
Now disconnect the wired land connection.

If you need a new ip, then do the steps above.

You need to be careful and make sure you always have an active connection or you cant access teamviewer so take it slow to begin with as so you don't disconnect the wrong connection!

Also, I am testing the settings with 'auto reconnect' with the wired and wifi dongle so that if any disconnection problems, one of them will reconnect and teamviewer automatically kicks in.

As always, make sure the remote pc does not goto sleep or hibernate.
And one more thing, the remote pc does not have to have a wired land connection. You can have a few usb dongles connected to the usb on the remote pc and do it that way.

Job done

Last edited by easy.bake.oven; 02-11-2014 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-12-2014

What I did today and works great is I had my PC with a router internet connection and I also turned my verizon HOTSPOT on and plugged it in so it would not die and both networks showed up, I left the computer connected to the router network first

Than I logged on remotely with my IPAD , than needed to change accounts so I switched the user account and than clicked on the hotspot connection as soon as I did that the logmein connection dropped and I immediately was able to connect again because it picked up the hotspot connection and I was good to go
Old 02-12-2014
Threadstarter  

Good init mate I did say this is a handy thing, like real handy.