Vpn, dongle,or tether ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 08-13-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Vpn, dongle,or tether ?

Here I ask which is the best for having multiple accounts (all seperated by different windows user login ) Keep in mind you are on the go with your laptop .

Dongle ? and which is best and where to get it ?
VPN ? Should you use different VPN logins for your acconuts and who has the best VPN service ?
Tether Should you use tethering ?

All input from members would be great

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Vpn, dongle,or tether ?

Dongle - Good method
VPN - Can be used, but for a domestic account its unnecessary
Tether - Similar to a dongle just via a mobile. If you have a mobile that can already tether then this would save the expense of buying a dongle.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (09-03-2014), TonyAlmeida (08-13-2014)
Old 08-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 73%

Where to get a dongle and average cost also does the ip change if so How
Also when tether can you get a new ip or this is fine for mutilple accounts
Old 08-13-2014

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Dongle - Good method
VPN - Can be used, but for a domestic account its unnecessary
Tether - Similar to a dongle just via a mobile. If you have a mobile that can already tether then this would save the expense of buying a dongle.

I am looking into getting a dongle but wanted to know the benefit of this method as supposed to me logging out into my main user account, changing the IP in the router settings, noting it down and then logging into one of my ebay seller user accounts?

Thanks in advance
Old 08-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonestar20 View Post
Where to get a dongle and average cost also does the ip change if so How
I am UK based, so not in the best position to answer this question, but there are a lot of posts in the forum from USA users that you will be able to find if you have a quick search RE average price, best provider ect.

With dynamic dongles it is (usually) as simple as unplugging the dongle and plugging it back in again to generate a new IP

You still need to keep track of your IP addresses though as overlapping is possible.

Tethering is very similar to a dongle. Generally the best way to obtain a new IP though tethering is to put the phone into airplane mode and then back into normal mode again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiroshi View Post
I am looking into getting a dongle but wanted to know the benefit of this method as supposed to me logging out into my main user account, changing the IP in the router settings, noting it down and then logging into one of my ebay seller user accounts?

Thanks in advance
Generally one of the main advantages are the fact that there is little need to change router settings to get a new IP. ISP's like 3 also have a very very large IP range, although you will still need to track the IP's it makes overlapping pretty rare.

It also means if you have other people using your home internet connection you do not need to keep them off eBay.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 08-13-2014 at 12:02 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
andyframpton (08-13-2014), Kiroshi (08-13-2014)
Old 08-13-2014

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiroshi View Post

Thanks in advance
I agree with what JamesNorth said. Personally I would rather use a home internet connection than a dongle because it's basically the same thing in terms of changing the IPs and writing them down, however the home internet will be much faster than a dongle.

A dongle has the advantage if you're not the only one likely to go on Amazon or eBay. It's very personal to you and people in the house can do as they please. For me this isn't an issue, but if you're living with family/friends etc it could be a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to xShevaa7x For This Useful Post:
Kiroshi (08-13-2014)
Old 08-13-2014

Thanks for the reply. My issue is that I am in a big ass coverage blackspot so might not work well.

Is there a sim plan you would recommend? I assume the mifi unit is the Huawei E5331? does it just take a standard sim? Sorry Ive never had a reason to need mifi before!
Old 08-13-2014

Longevity: 58%

I haven't used MiFi myself as I heard the IP range isn't as big as a dongle. That could be false, maybe someone else can answer that. I personally use T-Mobile sim and USB dongle Huawei E3131. You can buy sims for either 6 or 12 months for £20-25 and the dongle for like £20-25.

The USB dongle process for me works and is safe, but it's slow.
Old 08-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

3 tends to have the best UK coverage. You can check your coverage online via the networks websites, but its worth just ordering a couple of free SIM cards from varies networks and popping them into an unlocked phone to see what the coverage is really like in your area.

You can use any MiFi unit you want. Huawei E5331 is a decent simple one, and yes it takes a standard SIM

There are other options if you are in a 3G/4G deadspot like I am am. You can get a second internet connection at your house. You may already be able to get a second provider if you have fibre optics and a phone line. If not BT can come out and fit a second phone line. You can also get satellite broadband which provide very good speeds in rural areas. Some have got Static IP addresses though so you would need to check with the IPS and equipment provider that the IP is dynamic.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Kiroshi (08-13-2014)
Old 08-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonestar20 View Post
Where to get a dongle and average cost
Several Providers:
Verizon (Large IP Pool, Cost is around $35/Month)
T-Mobile (Small IP Pool, Cost is around $25-$30/Month)
Virgin Mobile (Decent IP Pool, Cost is around $25-$30/Month)

Quote:
also does the ip change if so How
Look at my answer above, most IP's change by simply unplugging/plugging back in the Dongle.

Quote:
This depends on your Phone Provider, and Yes it's good method to use with multiple accounts.

Also, you can look into a MIFI, It works same as a Dongle but they also can be used through Wifi, it's just an added feature, Same providers as I mentioned above.

Don't forget that you still should Log ALL IP Changes between Accounts no matter what method you use.

Last edited by MM78; 08-13-2014 at 12:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
JamesNorth101 (08-13-2014)
Old 09-03-2014

I haven't used Vpn or dongle, but tether does the job well. It charges your phone while you're out there...stealthing
Old 09-13-2014

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenimage808 View Post
I haven't used Vpn or dongle, but tether does the job well. It charges your phone while you're out there...stealthing
Hi,
Can you tell me or point me in the right direction on how to tether my phone with my vmware? I can actually tether my phone and use it with my vmware, but the vmware is the same ip address as my comcast broadband ip address. I shut off the main cpu internet adapter, so I know the vmware is using my phone to access the internet, but when I check the ip addresses, It is the same as my main cpu. I want to use my phone internet to have one IP address and still use my main CPU with as different IP address at the same time.
THanks for any help.
Old 09-13-2014

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad555 View Post
Hi,
Can you tell me or point me in the right direction on how to tether my phone with my vmware? I can actually tether my phone and use it with my vmware, but the vmware is the same ip address as my comcast broadband ip address. I shut off the main cpu internet adapter, so I know the vmware is using my phone to access the internet, but when I check the ip addresses, It is the same as my main cpu. I want to use my phone internet to have one IP address and still use my main CPU with as different IP address at the same time.
THanks for any help.
There is sonething definitely wrong. How are you checking your ip?
Old 09-14-2014

Quote:
Hi,
THanks for any help.
If the ip address is the same even with tethering. It defeats the purpose...my advice is to skip the vmware, disable your main internet connection and tether your phone then. It shouldn't be the same ip if done this way, at least from my own experience.
Old 09-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshan View Post
There is sonething definitely wrong. How are you checking your ip?
with ip chicken and whats my ip.
Old 09-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenimage808 View Post
If the ip address is the same even with tethering. It defeats the purpose...my advice is to skip the vmware, disable your main internet connection and tether your phone then. It shouldn't be the same ip if done this way, at least from my own experience.
thank you. I know it will work like that but I want to be able to just put my phone in airplane mode, take it off airplane mode and have a different ip address for my next account on vmware. I want to have a few different accounts. I am not suppose to have my wireless internet on my phone, correct? It should be off on my phone so I am just using the 3g/4g phone connection, correct?
Old 09-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
thank you. I know it will work like that but I want to be able to just put my phone in airplane mode, take it off airplane mode and have a different ip address for my next account on vmware. I want to have a few different accounts. I am not suppose to have my wireless internet on my phone, correct? It should be off on my phone so I am just using the 3g/4g phone connection, correct?
I have a question, Why are you using VMWare? Is using multiple user accounts or Portable Firefox's not a viable method(s)?
Old 09-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I am not suppose to have my wireless internet on my phone, correct? It should be off on my phone so I am just using the 3g/4g phone connection, correct?
You can connect to your phone as a 'hotspot' using your phones wireless. The phone will draw the internet connection via 3/4G.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
MM78 (09-15-2014)
Old 09-17-2014

Longevity: 61%

I see people are completely ruling out ATT.
I understand maybe it hasn't had a good track record
BUT do not rule them out...

I am going to purchase a hotspot and try their pool and flexibility of IP switching.
I'll update it on this thread.
Their systems have switched.
Old 09-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo3 View Post

I am going to purchase a hotspot and try their pool and flexibility of IP switching.
AT&T 4G/LTE IP for my city/state/etc is super limited, maybe it's better in your city....let us know for sure.
Old 09-17-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts

I have Att , verizon and Tmobile hotspots

And I was disappointed in AT&T at first the speed was great, always LTE and the ability to change IP easy just off and on

But the IP pool was so small, but now it's actually getting much bigger and every 6 weeks I been getting a whole new set of IPs , and now 6 months from the time I started , I get a new IP almost every time, something happened with them,I'm definitely happy with the change, maybe just in my area I'm not sure but much improved over the last 6 months

And of course Verizon is the best, I'm really happy with the MiFi 450l JetPack I purchased a month ago for $50, it's pre paid and I worried that I would burn thru a ton of data so I purchased the 10GB plan and prepaid it's $90, I have 3 days left and 7 GB I'm amazed how that happened, and not one IP repeated
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
MM78 (09-17-2014), tilpatin (04-20-2017)
Old 09-17-2014

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo3 View Post

o
I used to tether with my att iphone but the ip repeated way too much to the point I felt the needed of verizon jetpack and it has been working great.
I heard it has to do with your location, signal tower etc but I am in a big city so not sure. One thing for sure is verizon has much larger ip pool than att