Be careful of making errors with bank accounts when tired - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-05-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Be careful of making errors with bank accounts when tired

Alright, recently made a stealth paypal account. I used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, address all that stuff, but I used my current bank of america account.

I sold a few items and wanted to get them shipped out immidiately, I printed 2 shipping labels through paypals service. I had a 0 balance, since paypal was holding the funds for 21 days.

Anyway, I just got a email from paypal:

Quote:
Dear First Name Last Name,

On May 1, 2009, we attempted to transfer $3.04 USD from your bank account, ending in XXXX. This transfer was returned by your bank on May 5, 2009 for the reason below:

This is an invalid bank account number.

As a result, this bank account has been disabled from your PayPal account. Please contact your bank for more information or add a new bank account. Please do not contact PayPal because this is entirely an issue between the account holder and their bank.

Sincerely,
PayPal
I thought to myself, maybe I put the wrong bank number in there, -or- they noticed the variations in names and was not going to let it happen. So i tried to re-ad the bank number, double checking and I get this message in paypal:

Quote:
This bank account is disabled for entry into the PayPal website. Please add a different bank account instead.

If you would still like to use this bank account, you may fax us a copy of the bank statement with the two amounts PayPal deposited in your bank account shown and a copy of your driver's license or other photo I.D. You must use this form for your fax cover sheet and send the fax to (402) 537-5780.
So this is what I am gathering.

Incoming: Paypal --> Bank account (⊗⊗⊗⊗ name paypal + Real Name bank will work.. however there are some isolated incidents i've read where it has not worked)

Outgoing: Bank account --> Paypal (⊗⊗⊗⊗ name paypal + Real Name Bank) won't work. The bank account sees the name on the paypal account and is like no way, incorrect information.

---------
In conclusion, if you can eliminate all hassle. Just use an Alias (variation of your name mispelled) -OR- NEVER transfer from your bank account to paypal account, even if just printing shipping labels from a zero balance paypal account. You better off funding the account with a VCC.

Now I need to add another BOA account , which means i need to go create one just so i can withdraw my funds.

edit:
The Credit card it transferred from worked just fine, just the bank account didnt work. So if you ever need to fund , make sure you fund from CC or VCC, not the bank account.

Last edited by hitch; 05-05-2009 at 11:33 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hitch For This Useful Post:
TigerLord (09-09-2009)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-05-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Thanks for the tip-off. I was just about to open a BOA.
Old 05-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

did you use a savings account but told paypal it was a checking account or visa versa? that happened to me with Wamu. I was using a saving account but i set up my paypal i said that it was a checking account. Wamu bounced the deposit back to paypal. When I properly put a fresh savings account to a savings account in paypal...all was fine. You get one shot at this per account so be careful!

Last edited by ebaykilla; 05-05-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-05-2009
Threadstarter  

Interesting, I put checking, maybe I'll try savings. But the number is still the same. So wont it sitll pick up the number?
Old 05-05-2009
Threadstarter  

Okay, this gets really Strange, I hope I don't confuse anyone.

BOA in my state Issues 2 Routing Numbers:
XXXXXXXX (paper & electronic)
ZZZZZZZZ (wires)

I put the bank account with the "wires" routing number, that's prolly where I messed up. I opted to use the wires at like 3 in the morning, i was sleepy.

Now I went to change it, and it says "your bank account is on another paypal account, you can only use 1 bank accoutn for each paypal" - or whatever message that is saying i can only link 1ba with 1 pp.

SO i thought.. Hmm.. Maybe I will try to use a bank account I alreayd know I've used with PayPal but change from the "paper/electronic" to "wires" routing number.

Guess what, it went through, i was able to log into the bank and confirm the bank.

NO this is what I have to try to do.

I Need to test withdraw a small amount, to see if my bank account will accept the withdraw from the "wires" routing number, I already know it won't accept a "pull"..

1) This gives me some time to keep my account confirmed while I make a new account, I'm going to make a new accoutn using my actual business info. (this is gonna be a keeper account) then I will just conveinently "sell" something on ebay for the amount that's in my stealth paypal account and transfer the money over to clean it out.

Make sense?

If this works, if the withdraw works.. People that have multipl routing number options from their bank will be able to link 1 bank account to 2 paypal accounts.. ahh imagine the possibilities
Old 05-05-2009
Threadstarter  

Hmm, come to think about it.. I hope I don't get limited for "suspicious activity" !

crap. lol .. I'm crossing my fingers!
Old 05-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

i would use a fresh new bank account and start over. i don't this is a bofa issue...i think you may have made the error. you have one shot per account...make it count!
Old 05-05-2009

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitch View Post
Interesting, I put checking, maybe I'll try savings. But the number is still the same. So wont it sitll pick up the number?
When you open Wamu, your checking and savings accounts are NOT the same numbers. Same routing, similar numbers in checking and savings acc, but not the same.
Old 05-05-2009
Threadstarter  

Okay, gotcha. with BOA I have 4 accounts. 1 biz check, 1 personal check and 2 favings all different numbers. I've used them all now for PP but i'm gonig to try the routing number trick.

I'm aso going to go cancel one of the accounts i don't use and open a new one to get a new number tomorrow to link to my PP biz accoutn i'm going to open.

Old 05-05-2009
Threadstarter  

Interesting title change.. I don't recall asking for it to be changed though.
Old 05-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^ Pleasure
Changed because it inferred that there was a BOA problem when it was a user problem
Old 05-06-2009
Threadstarter  

Well, it's still not conclusive yet. The expiriment is "on-going" shall we say.

This is why I love BOA:
Went in to open a new account.

Came out with 4 new accounts and 4 new visa debit cards

I closed some old accounts i wasn't using that was already linked. Let the fun begin!
Old 09-03-2009

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitch View Post
Well, it's still not conclusive yet. The expiriment is "on-going" shall we say.

This is why I love BOA:
Went in to open a new account.

Came out with 4 new accounts and 4 new visa debit cards

I closed some old accounts i wasn't using that was already linked. Let the fun begin!
any update and did the fun begin?
Old 09-04-2009
Threadstarter  

Hello, the fun began in a major way
Old 09-04-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Good fun? Or bad fun and you're just saying so in a _sarcastic_ way?

Inquiring minds would like to know.
Old 09-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

TBH, I have never had a problem funding paypal from my bank account.
Old 09-08-2009

Longevity: 94%
Send a message via MSN to alexzin Send a message via Yahoo to alexzin Send a message via Skype™ to alexzin

I personally know that some of bank provide multiple routing number for a bank account.You can use any of them to recieve money from ACH.With the different routing number ,paypal regards them as the different bank account.So that should go well.
Old 09-09-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Good fun? Or bad fun and you're just saying so in a _sarcastic_ way?

Inquiring minds would like to know.
Great Fun, I'm managing 6 user names that accounts to roughly $6k monthly profit.

I have separated all my niches. In the past, I ran all my niches from 1 account but I ran into 2 things. 1) Competition would spy on me and copy me. 2) when ebay decided to shut me down for some BS I was out of business for several months.

Now, I'm bullet proof from ebay and my compeition and I'm back to business making more money then before.

I'm running at about %75 efficiancy, so just a little more concentration and focus and I can increase my profit by %25 - projected.

Anyway.. needless to say, I'm having fun

Hitch
Old 09-09-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexzin View Post
I personally know that some of bank provide multiple routing number for a bank account.You can use any of them to recieve money from ACH.With the different routing number ,paypal regards them as the different bank account.So that should go well.

Well, with bank of america, they do give multiple routing numbers but you will have a problem.

BOA's second routing number is for direct wires transfers, ACH won't work for these. However, you can confirm them as a bank, but you can't make a transfer in. If you try, it will be denied, and paypal will remove it from your paypal account.
The Following User Says Thank You to hitch For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (09-09-2009)
Old 09-09-2009

Longevity: 90%

I`m shocked at how some banks have stated to work with Paypal... in the means to an end list more and more banks are being reported as sharing information, or now allowing different name

I now use nicknames or similar spelling, but in the past, it never matter to me. For example, I thought for 5 years that "Bank Name" when adding a bank was the name of the bank...

so almost all my bank accounts on all my paypal accounts were something like:

TD Canada Trust
Checking 111111111
Transit 123456
Institution 004

LOL