[Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold) - Page 10 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 02-20-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 18%
Default Re: [Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syh43 View Post
how many day you send the email already?
It's been 25 days, I haven't received an answer
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-20-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry View Post
It's been 25 days, I haven't received an answer
Rough to hear - tried to call?
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
drakehound (02-21-2021)
Old 03-06-2021

Longevity: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Rough to hear - tried to call?
No, I do not know English.
Where else can I write so that they are obliged to answer me?
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmitry For This Useful Post:
drakehound (03-07-2021)
Old 04-06-2021

Longevity: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKev View Post
Just a quick update on my experience. I successfully had my account restored after a permanent ban. I did not contravene anything on the AUP, so was confident I was banned without justification. The above from Kevinhi is a really good guide. Key Points I have learned from this experience:

1. Be patient

2. Take your time writing your email and provide as much documentation as you think is necessary. I composed it slowly over a few days.

3. Make sure you are not contravening any of the AUP and discuss if you think there may have been a misunderstanding. Provide evidence if necessary.

4. Be polite and professional (and patient).

5. Do not give up!

6. If you successfully restore your account, try and minimise problems for the future (ie. Keep your balance in your PP account relatively small and try and find alternative payment solutions.)

This has been a very stressful and prolonged situation (on top of a very stressful year!).

I want to thank each and everyone on this forum that has participated and offered advice.

can you DM me the template plz
Old 04-25-2021

Hello and greetings from Mexico

Recently my wife also entered the "banned from paypal" club. I've been reading through all the posts on this tread and I must say that you've actually calmed us down and made us think instead of fret over the situation.

Now, some background. My wife and I are both cosplayers, I mainly do it for fun but my wife is more serious about it (has facebook page, official YT channel, the works, etc).

Back last year we entertained the thought of selling photosets (no nudes just regular photosets with the ocasional fanservice shot). At first, she tried to promote and sell them through her social media pages with direct deposit to her account but we learned that people is lazy. Many showed interest but few actually made the deposit. Down here you still have to go to a bank and use the ATM, the biggest banks have their apps but few people use them.

So we thought about going digital. We selected ko-fi and Shoptly as those seemed to be the more straighforward way to get this done and also the ones that charged the least amount.

That was like 20 days ago, she han't even sold 10 sets (<50usd total) when Paypal asked for 4 things:

- a catalog of our products: for this we took screencaps of both the ko-fi and Shoptly shops.

- suppliers invoice: which being photos we took ourselves, there aren't any. We also sent the previous screencaps since Paypal wouldn't let us skip anything.

- physical address where the products are available: again, digital pictures, no physical address exists, we input the same address that's already registered.

- information about the account activity: we explained what I'm telling you, cosplayer selling digital photosets on ko-fi and shoptly with pictures taken by ourselves. Easy enough.

My wife is registered as an individual with empresarial activities since she also does some sewing jobs on the side (she's been selling cloth face maks since last year but she also makes berets and other kind of accesories) but PP never asked for any kind of formal bussines identification (the closest to that would be the "suppliers invoice", but alas, there is none since we created the content).

After a few days she got the dreaded "You can no longer use Paypal" email.

The funny (or sad) thing is that when she linked her account to the shops Paypal actually sent an email acknowledging the linking

So after reading through the thread we've come up with an strategy:

- File a complain with PROFECO (Mexico's kind of BBB equivalent)

- Request a Zettle MPOS (Zettle is owned by Paypal and requires registration for them to send you a MPOS). Where hoping that we'll be able to get my wife's documents to Paypal thru them. This wouldn't be a total waste since my wife sells her wares at flea markets from time to time so the ability to take CC payments out there would be good anyway.

- Craft an email following this guide and send it to the relevant addresses.

Thankfully for us, this isn't really the end of the world, more like an annonyance. Worst case scenario we close the digital shops and that's it. If she needs to order something from the web I can use my PP for that, but still it feels so wrong to be on this situation.

Besides, you never know what could happen in the future and we might need her account again.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks again to OP for this guide

Last edited by trwov; 04-25-2021 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-13-2021

Longevity: 22%

I'd just like to quickly update everyone on this method. I have been trying the email route over the past year-and-a-half, and these are the results (I got these email addresses from various sources).

These ones all bounce:
appeals@paypal.com
risk@paypal.com
moldenburg@paypal.com
crme@paypal.com
complaints@paypal.com
apires@paypal.com
escalations@paypal.com
BoEappeal@paypal.com
account-review@paypal.com
resolutions@paypal.com
appeal@paypal.com
press@paypal.com

This one gives only a reply stating that the email address is not monitored:
complaint-response@paypal.com

These ones return only canned responses of various flavors:
aupviolations@paypal.com
aup@paypal.com
service@paypal.com
executiveoffice@paypal.com
ppelce@paypal.com
ppelce@paypal.co.uk
webform@intl.paypal.com
spoof@paypal.com

Of the last eight working email addresses, I have tried each one between two and nine times, always with similar responses. Sometimes the response takes a few days to come, so it is likely that there is a human being involved at the other end somewhere.

The telephone agents, if you can get a hold of one, only state that nothing can be done over the telephone, and that sending an email is the only way to appeal.

The only thing left for me to do is to try the BBB route, but I am not holding out much hope for that.

If I ever bother with it, I will post results.
The Following User Says Thank You to drakehound For This Useful Post:
rsot (05-14-2021)
Old 05-17-2021

Hey Guys,

I have been emailing PayPal with the above mentioned email address but I'm not getting proper responses for my permanent account limitation! I received two PayPal inbox responses:

1. RE: PayPal Account Restoration:
17/05/2021 at 12:45 pm
Hello Gopa Ravi,

I am glad you reached out. My name is Susmita and I am happy to help you with your query.

From you email I can understand that you want to restore your PayPal account. We appreciate your interest in using PayPal. Unfortunately, our final decision is to close your account.

To protect all members of our online community, PayPal reserves the right to close any account reported to be involved in possible fraudulent or high-risk behavior.

After 180 days from the date of the limitation, we'll contact you with information on how to withdraw any funds in your PayPal account. You can't withdraw it now because we want to make sure that you have funds in your account to cover any new payment reversals.

In the event of a dispute, PayPal will seek to recover the funds from you by debiting your PayPal balance and, if there are no sufficient funds in your PayPal balance, PayPal reserves the right to collect your debt with PayPal by any other legal means.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,

Susmita

PayPal

2. RE: PayPal Account Restoration:
17/05/2021 at 02:30 pm
Hello Gopa Kumar Ravi,

Thank you for contacting PayPal Support. My name is Keerthana and I'll be assisting you.

I understand your interest towards Paypal , kindly understand that we have other reasons for having denied your appeal, and it does not necessarily mean that you have done something wrong. PayPal’s focus is on providing a safer way for our customers to transact online. We strive to keep our customers accounts and information as secure as possible and to prevent unnecessary risk within our trading platform.

As a necessary precaution, we regret that we must take action to close your account. To minimize the disruption to your business, you can continue to log in to your account for the next 180 days. You will not be able to conduct any further business using PayPal.

PayPal reserves the right to limit access to any account reported to be involved in possible fraudulent or high risk behaviour. In the event of a dispute, PayPal will seek to recover the funds from you by debiting your PayPal balance and, if there are not sufficient funds in your PayPal balance, PayPal reserves the right to collect your debt to PayPal by any other legal means.

If you have a negative balance, please resolve the negative balance by adding funds to your PayPal account. If you choose not to add funds and bring your balance to at least zero, we reserve the right to collect the money through legal means.

To learn more about our policies regarding account closure, please read our User Agreement by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page and then User Agreement for PayPal Service

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,

Keerthana

PayPal

I belong from India, my account was permanently limited in May 2019 until I came across this blog. Meanwhile I put up a complaint in BBB as well which is yet to get published (as of this post).

Last edited by gopu5; 05-17-2021 at 10:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to gopu5 For This Useful Post:
drakehound (05-18-2021)
Old 05-18-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopu5 View Post
I belong from India, my account was permanently limited in May 2019 until I came across this blog. Meanwhile I put up a complaint in BBB as well which is yet to get published (as of this post).
I'm jealous. Their response to you seems quite tailored compared with mine (my account has been limited for much, much more than 180 days and there is no money in the account):

Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concern.

To keep PayPal a safe place to do business online, sometimes we must part ways with one of our account-holders.
A recent review of your PayPal account found that there may be excessive risk involved in doing business with you. We’re sorry, but we have closed your account.
To minimize the disruption to your business, you can continue to log in to your account for the next 180 days.

If you have a negative balance, please add money to your account to bring your balance to at least zero. (If you choose not to resolve your negative balance, we may take legal steps to collect the money.)
Visit the Resolution Center to resolve any outstanding buyer complaints or chargebacks.
If you want to refund your buyers, you are able to do that any time as long as the status of the transaction is completed. To issue a refund, go to the activity page, click the payment you want to refund, and click Refund this payment.
If you do not have the ability to process a refund, you can reply to this email with the transaction details. We’ll send a refund on your behalf using money from your PayPal balance.
Here’s how to view the status of a buyer complaint:
Click Contact Us on the bottom of the webpage.
Select Resolution Center on the top right.
Select Open Cases from the drop-down menu next to View.
Click Status next to the transaction.
After 180 days, we’ll contact you to let you know how to withdraw any money that remains in your PayPal account. You can transfer the balance in your PayPal account to your bank account or ask us to send you a check. (You can’t withdraw your money now because we want to make sure that you have money in your account to cover any new complaints or chargebacks.)
If you’d like more information about our policies, please read our User Agreement. Click Legal Agreements at the bottom of any PayPal page, and then click “PayPal User Agreement.”

Sincerely,

PayPal Account Review

This email was sent to you for the ongoing support and maintenance of your account.

Please do not reply to this email. We are unable to respond to inquiries sent to this address. For immediate answers to your questions, visit our Help Centre by clicking "Help" located on any PayPal page or email.

PayPal is committed to your privacy, learn more about our Privacy Policy at https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.

Copyright © 1999-2021 PayPal Canada Co. 661 University Ave. Toronto, ON M5G 1M1. All rights reserved.
The Following User Says Thank You to drakehound For This Useful Post:
gopu5 (05-18-2021)
Old 05-18-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakehound View Post
I'm jealous. Their response to you seems quite tailored compared with mine (my account has been limited for much, much more than 180 days and there is no money in the account):

Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concern.

To keep PayPal a safe place to do business online, sometimes we must part ways with one of our account-holders.
A recent review of your PayPal account found that there may be excessive risk involved in doing business with you. We’re sorry, but we have closed your account.
To minimize the disruption to your business, you can continue to log in to your account for the next 180 days.

If you have a negative balance, please add money to your account to bring your balance to at least zero. (If you choose not to resolve your negative balance, we may take legal steps to collect the money.)
Visit the Resolution Center to resolve any outstanding buyer complaints or chargebacks.
If you want to refund your buyers, you are able to do that any time as long as the status of the transaction is completed. To issue a refund, go to the activity page, click the payment you want to refund, and click Refund this payment.
If you do not have the ability to process a refund, you can reply to this email with the transaction details. We’ll send a refund on your behalf using money from your PayPal balance.
Here’s how to view the status of a buyer complaint:
Click Contact Us on the bottom of the webpage.
Select Resolution Center on the top right.
Select Open Cases from the drop-down menu next to View.
Click Status next to the transaction.
After 180 days, we’ll contact you to let you know how to withdraw any money that remains in your PayPal account. You can transfer the balance in your PayPal account to your bank account or ask us to send you a check. (You can’t withdraw your money now because we want to make sure that you have money in your account to cover any new complaints or chargebacks.)
If you’d like more information about our policies, please read our User Agreement. Click Legal Agreements at the bottom of any PayPal page, and then click “PayPal User Agreement.”

Sincerely,

PayPal Account Review

This email was sent to you for the ongoing support and maintenance of your account.

Please do not reply to this email. We are unable to respond to inquiries sent to this address. For immediate answers to your questions, visit our Help Centre by clicking "Help" located on any PayPal page or email.

PayPal is committed to your privacy, learn more about our Privacy Policy at https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.

Copyright © 1999-2021 PayPal Canada Co. 661 University Ave. Toronto, ON M5G 1M1. All rights reserved.

Not sure how to resolve this for Non USA PayPal users! Sending emails to all the ID's has no use though still the same response!
Old 05-18-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,552 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

What you need to understand is that once they banned you, it's next to impossible to get the account back. They can ask all kinds of documents but it's not to help you rather to make sure you can't come back under those info.
Old 05-19-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
What you need to understand is that once they banned you, it's next to impossible to get the account back. They can ask all kinds of documents but it's not to help you rather to make sure you can't come back under those info.
They don't give any specific reason for the ban when asked, I was not the culprit here it's the other party then what is this forum post for? I see people got their banned account back after complaining to BBB?
Old 05-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

gopu

The point of the forum is to show users how to deal with eBay/pay pal. The posts show how PayPal treat its users.

They see you as the culprit.
You use pay pal. If they decide to take your account away, it is really because THEY CAN.

BBB has an average percentage of releasing funds held by PayPal. It is not a given they win.

Old 05-19-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
gopu

The point of the forum is to show users how to deal with eBay/pay pal. The posts show how PayPal treat its users.

They see you as the culprit.
You use pay pal. If they decide to take your account away, it is really because THEY CAN.

BBB has an average percentage of releasing funds held by PayPal. It is not a given they win.

Maybe but I see one of this case in BBB! What about that?

I received an email over two months ago stating that PayPal was permanently suspending my account. In exploring my options I noticed there were no options for account restoration available to me as I proceeded through PayPal's website. I contacted customer service asking for an explanation. I received a form response that was useless. I asked again for the reason for the suspension and again received a different form letter ever less pertinent to my situation. The third request for an explanation is awaiting a response. Immediately prior to being suspended, I had been purchasing cryptocurrency via PayPal as I finally found an easy way to invest in crypto. Along with the account suspension is a 180 freeze on my funds. Evidently, this includes the ability to buy and sell within the account even without attempting to withdraw funds. I have over $****** tied up in cryptocurrency, an investment capable of being extremely volatile. My inability to trade crypto is now costing me big
Desired Outcome

I would like immediate account restoration as I have done nothing wrong here.
PayPal, Inc. Response
05/11/2021

PayPal Reference Number: ******** May 11, 2021 Dear ********* *********, My name is *****, and I am reaching out to you from PayPal's Office of Executive Escalations. Your outreach to the Better Business Bureau was forwarded to me so that I can fully address your concerns. I assure you that PayPal endeavors to provide exceptional service and it is never our intention to cause any inconvenience to our customers. Having said that, I would like to take this opportunity to provide detailed explanation concerning your PayPal account. I see that you had expressed some concerns when spoke to our customer service representative, however I was unable to find any call records for last 90 days. If you have not received satisfactory response, please accept my sincere apologies. Please note that if there were any internal opportunities identified, it will be conveyed to concerned department to improve our service. We thank you for your valuable feedback. I regret any inconvenience you had to go through regarding your account being permanently limited (PP-L-************). In order to prevent fraud and help ensure the safety of the PayPal system, PayPal routinely reviews account activity. On May 01, 2021, we carefully considered a number of factors that, when viewed together, indicated there was a high level of risk associated with your Account. The following risk factors were identified: Your Account was accessed using an anonymizing proxy service, which is a restricted activity as defined in the Restricted Activities & Holds section of the User Agreement. Anonymizers attempt to make activity on the internet untraceable and make preventing fraudulent account activity difficult for PayPal. Additionally, this type of activity can be indicative of unauthorized activity. Upon receipt of your correspondence, I see that the system has placed an automatic limitation to verify your login location details. We understand that we could have allowed you to appeal the limitation instead of permanently limiting your account and this is truly regretted. We care about your concern, hence, PayPal conducted a secondary review of your account and determined that our initial review and determination of no appealing your account was incorrect. Accordingly, PayPal restored full access to your account as of May 01, 2021. Please be informed that you're all set to use this account to make payments again or withdraw. You currently have $******** USD and $251.67 CAD balance in your PayPal account. You have received an email confirmation as well from our end stating that account is restored to normal. I hope that I have provided clarity on this matter and I really appreciated your patience and understanding. Please feel free to contact PayPal's Office of Executive Escalations at ************************** or contact us if you have any questions or concerns or if we can be of further assistance. Sincerely, ******* PayPal Executive Escalations
Customer Response
05/06/2021

I was contacted by PayPal late last week and they have restored my account. No explanation was given for anything other than to say "things are a mess here." I appreciate your effort, and having the BBB available as a valuable resource for consumers. It's especially important now when a business can shut you off and out forever without warning. Algorithms are great when they work. Thank you
Old 05-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum gopu5 - all the best as you master stealth

gopu5, too long posts - hurts the eyes to read
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
gopu5 (05-19-2021)
Old 05-26-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
This is slowly starting to sink in for me.
Old 05-28-2021

Quote:
PayPal is stubborn because they think they are the widely used payment processor worldwide.
Old 05-30-2021

Quote:
PayPal is stubborn because they think they are the widely used payment processor worldwide.
...and unfortunately, they are.
Old 05-30-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,552 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Good... glad someone is actually listening.

It'll toughen you up.
Old 05-31-2021

Their replies are getting more terse. I am getting the feeling that there is more human involvement now, but it is not good:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Paypal with your concern. We appreciate your interest in PayPal, However, our decision to leave your account in a permanent limitation status is final. We would not be able to remove the limitation for you.

Sincerely,
Amy
PayPal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-02-2021

Quote:
Their replies are getting more terse. I am getting the feeling that there is more human involvement now, but it is not good:

Thank you for contacting Paypal with your concern. We appreciate your interest in PayPal, However, our decision to leave your account in a permanent limitation status is final. We would not be able to remove the limitation for you.

Sincerely,
Amy
PayPal

This is crazy!!
Old 06-02-2021

Quote:
This is crazy!!
Indeed it is.
Old 06-20-2021

Longevity: 48%

Huge thanks for this guide @HangInThere! It took about 3 weeks but I finally managed to get my account restored and was able to withdraw funds without issue. This thread is a life saver