[Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold) - Page 12 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-17-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
Default Re: [Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold)

Does anyone know to which email adress an europen customer should write in order to get help?

I have an italian account and I could not fin any italian paypal email adress to which write to.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-17-2021

Longevity: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca365 View Post
I want to say thank you for the info on this forum because I was able to have my PayPal account restored, presumably from the steps followed. My account was ‘permanently limited’ without any notice or reason why. The call centre staff were useless and claimed they couldn’t see any info. Based on the recommendation here, I drafted an email detailing how our business was very legit including links to reviews, mentions in press articles and copies of our business registration certificate. I had no idea, and still don’t, what their alleged reason was for limiting my account so I was stabbing in the dark a bit re what points to address in this email.

I sent it to the email addresses referred to in this forum, but nearly all of them bounced back (probably because the original post was from some years ago), which was disheartening after I spent all the time drafting it. But I then lodged a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman and also on the Ombudsman’s website they list the official PayPal contact email for complaints, so I emailed my response there too. I subsequently realised this email is in the PayPal Ts and Cs document too for where to send complaints to - so I’d recommend looking up the Ts and Cs doc for your country and emailing to that address.

About 1.5 weeks later I received an email from PayPal out of the blue saying that they determined our account was not in breach of the user terms and had restored our account. There was no explanation as to why they shut down our account in the first place, nor of exactly what worked to get it restored. My guess it was most likely the complaint to the ombudsman that did it - because they have to respond to those complaints at law and it’s probably just easiest for them to restore the account to settle the complaint - or alternatively sending my spiel to the email address that’s in their Ts and Cs doc to handle complaints. I agree with the OP’s comments to not bother keeping ringing them and to email instead, because the call centre staff are basically trained monkeys who can’t see any details and don’t care.

I hope this assists others, like the info posted assisted me.
hi there, so happy for you, i'm in the uk, could you give me the e-mail you used, please?
Old 08-19-2021

Thumbs up Re: [Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold)

Hi guys, just want to thank everyone that has been sharing their insights to resolve a limitation from PayPal.

Today 08/19/2021 I have been able to restore full access to my account after being permanently limited by following the advice from you guys.
I have an eCommerce business registered in Belgium, I followed the exact steps from the initial post and sent it to 3 email addresses from the list. (executiveoffice@paypal.com, aup@paypal.com, ppelce@paypal.com)

Today, 3 days after my first email I received an email from PayPal saying that my account access has been restored. Like advised I explained my business in clear, formal and polite language, explained possible causes of the limitation and provided them with all my business files via a Google Drive.

I'm truly grateful for this forum, without this I wouldn't have been able to resolve this limitation. Thank you very much and good luck for the ones that are still trying to resolve their limitation!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Timke For This Useful Post:
drakehound (08-20-2021), HangInThere (08-21-2021), sureness (08-19-2021)
Old 08-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timke View Post
Hi guys, just want to thank everyone that has been sharing their insights to resolve a limitation from PayPal.

Today 08/19/2021 I have been able to restore full access to my account after being permanently limited by following the advice from you guys.
I have an eCommerce business registered in Belgium, I followed the exact steps from the initial post and sent it to 3 email addresses from the list. (executiveoffice@paypal.com, aup@paypal.com, ppelce@paypal.com)

Today, 3 days after my first email I received an email from PayPal saying that my account access has been restored. Like advised I explained my business in clear, formal and polite language, explained possible causes of the limitation and provided them with all my business files via a Google Drive.

I'm truly grateful for this forum, without this I wouldn't have been able to resolve this limitation. Thank you very much and good luck for the ones that are still trying to resolve their limitation!
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Old 08-19-2021

Quote:

that's great news, I sent my emails on the 17th to those listed. Still nothing back yet. Which e-mail responded to you if I may ask??
Old 08-21-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by telltheking1 View Post
that's great news, I sent my emails on the 17th to those listed. Still nothing back yet. Which e-mail responded to you if I may ask??
I eventually received a message from customer support where they apologised for the inconvenience and told me that I can reach out to ppelce@paypal.com if I'd have any additional questions or concerns so I guess they also reviewed my case but I'm not sure. The email telling me that my acces has been restored was from service@paypal.com

Best of luck with your account, hope you'll be able to get it fixed!
Old 08-21-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I eventually received a message from customer support where they apologised for the inconvenience and told me that I can reach out to ppelce@paypal.com if I'd have any additional questions or concerns so I guess they also reviewed my case but I'm not sure. The email telling me that my acces has been restored was from service@paypal.com

Best of luck with your account, hope you'll be able to get it fixed!
Wow they did apologize via e-mail for inconvenience!
Old 08-23-2021

perm limited for violating aup on the 16th of this month, followed this guide and today got an email telling me I can withdraw my 10k but account will remain banned. thanks
Old 09-07-2021

I just tried to send a e-mail to lift limitations on our account, with contents as instructed in this thread, to ppelce@paypal.co.uk, and to europeanservices@paypal.com. From both of those I received an immediate auto-reply from donotreply@paypal.com:

Quote:
Thank you for letting us know about the suspicious email you received. We will investigate it, and may contact you with additional details. If you have not done so already, delete the email from your inbox. If you clicked on any links or downloaded any attachments within the suspicious email or website, log in to your PayPal account and view your account activity. If you see any unauthorized transactions, go to the Resolution Center to report it. It is also a good idea to change your password.

Additional Information & Help

Learn more about ⊗⊗⊗⊗ emails and spoof by visiting our Help Center. Click ‘Help & Contact’ on any page and then search for “⊗⊗⊗⊗ emails” and “spoof”. You can also find help on changing your password and viewing your account activity in the Help Center.

Thanks for being a PayPal customer,
PayPal
(except that for some weird reason this forum replaces the word "f a k e" with funny characters) followed by the e-mail address I sent from, and the subject line of my e-mail.

Has this happened to others? Do any of the e-mails work anymore?

Last edited by tisaalho; 09-07-2021 at 04:55 AM.
Old 09-07-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisaalho View Post
I just tried to send a e-mail to lift limitations on our account, with contents as instructed in this thread, to ppelce@paypal.co.uk, and to europeanservices@paypal.com. From both of those I received an immediate auto-reply from donotreply@paypal.com:

(except that for some weird reason this forum replaces the word "f a k e" with funny characters) followed by the e-mail address I sent from, and the subject line of my e-mail.

Has this happened to others? Do any of the e-mails work anymore?
I can confirm that the emails still work. Our account got permanently limited again last week (which was justified), but with the same strategy, our account has been restored for a second time earlier today; I will write up another post later this week to fill in the blanks of my original one, as well as listing the emails we used and the extra steps involved this time around.

I sent our appeal to those 2 emails you mentioned (as well as others) but did not receive auto-replies regarding spoof. Did you reply to or quote a PayPal email, or did you send a fresh one? Perhaps they incorrectly assumed you were forwarding a spoof email?

Last edited by HangInThere; 09-07-2021 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-08-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangInThere View Post
Did you reply to or quote a PayPal email, or did you send a fresh one?
I sent a fresh one. It did contain the paypal case numbers from the limitation e-mails, though, I wonder if that's somehow relevant.

Quote:
Perhaps they incorrectly assumed you were forwarding a spoof email?
It seems like that, but I'm having a hard time figuring out why. There were a lot of links in the e-mail, but I'd suppose that's the case for these kinds of e-mails in general.
Old 09-08-2021

Quote:
I can confirm that the emails still work.
Actually, maybe we could pin down some of the possible causes of falsely triggering their spoof-forwarding detector. If you did not have some of these, then those features are a possible cause for the false triggering:
  1. Sent from the e-mail which is also the Paypal login e-mail
  2. Subject line "xxx Ltd account limited for no reason", where xxx is our company name
  3. The e-mail address of our account mentioned in the lead paragraph, which gmail formatted as a clickable link
  4. Related e-mail addresses mentioned in the body of the text, also formatted as links (since this limitation was originally triggered by a payment sent to a different e-mail of ours, which we accepted on the paypal account)
  5. Several clickable links to reviews, shops etc for our products, a clickable link to our google drive folder
  6. Paypal references, i.e. something like Ref ID – PP-L-xxxxxxxxxxx where the x's are numbers
Old 09-08-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Sent from the e-mail which is also the Paypal login e-mail
This should always be the case - that's the only proof of ownership you have.

Quote:
Subject line "xxx Ltd account limited for no reason", where xxx is our company name
I can see you let anger do the talking here, despite you mentioning that you know the reason - they might not even open the email. Since you have proficient language skills, I don't want you to waste your appeal, so I will advise using the same subject as we did: Account Limitation Appeal (Ref ID PP-L-XXXXXXXXXXXX)

You might also want to have someone read your letter to make sure it's neutral - our first draft felt so right, but reading it a few days later was a shock, and it became clear that emotions shine through in what you write.

Quote:
The e-mail address of our account mentioned in the lead paragraph, which gmail formatted as a clickable link
It shouldn't hurt to include your email, but we didn't at all - it's the case ID that they need to start their review, which is why I think including it in the email subject makes your appeal more appealing

Quote:
Related e-mail addresses mentioned in the body of the text, also formatted as links (since this limitation was originally triggered by a payment sent to a different e-mail of ours, which we accepted on the paypal account)
I'm not sure what you mean regarding the cause - the only way it makes sense to me is if you had a payment sent to an incorrect email, which you then registered with PayPal to claim. In this case, the viability of your appeal depends on whether you created a new account with the same identity, or linked the email to your main account. In any case, if the emails are related to the cause, then they must surely be included in the letter.

Quote:
Several clickable links to reviews, shops etc for our products, a clickable link to our google drive folder
Try not to include too many links, but if you find it necessary to your case, then at least make sure to label everything and briefly describe what they will find at each one (especially the Drive).

Quote:
Paypal references, i.e. something like Ref ID – PP-L-xxxxxxxxxxx where the x's are numbers
This is a very wise move, and something I forgot to mention in my initial post - we put the Case/Ref ID in the email subject and once more at the end of the letter. No other references are necessary, except maybe your PayPal email if you wish.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by HangInThere; 09-08-2021 at 04:36 AM.
Old 09-08-2021

Quote:
I can see you let anger do the talking here, despite you mentioning that you know the reason - they might not even open the email. Since you have proficient language skills, I don't want you to waste your appeal, so I will advise using the same subject as we did: Account Limitation Appeal (Ref ID PP-L-XXXXXXXXXXXX)
Actually, I thought I was describing the situation from my point of view, but now that you say it I of course see clearly how that comes off angry. I'll try the other subject line.

Quote:

I'm not sure what you mean regarding the cause - the only way it makes sense to me is if you had a payment sent to an incorrect email, which you then registered with PayPal to claim. In this case, the viability of your appeal depends on whether you created a new account with the same identity, or linked the email to your main account. In any case, if the emails are related to the cause, then they must surely be included in the letter.
It was sent to the wrong e-mail, and I linked that e-mail to the main account. That was the right thing to do, right?

Quote:

Try not to include too many links, but if you find it necessary to your case, then at least make sure to label everything and briefly describe what they will find at each one (especially the Drive).
Okay, most of the links are to reviews etc, to show that we're a well known business in our field. Maybe I could move those to an attachment in the drive. One of them is to the Finnish business registry (I've also included a .pdf excerpt, but the link has the advantage that it's a third party showing that we're an actual registered business).

Thanks for your help, I'll try if this helps.

Last edited by tisaalho; 09-08-2021 at 04:38 AM.
Old 09-08-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It was sent to the wrong e-mail, and I linked that e-mail to the main account. That was the right thing to do, right?
It's not a violation, but changing account details tends to flag you for review - a few users on this thread have encountered the same issue with a registered business account. I personally would not have linked a new email (and instead asked the customer to cancel & resend it), but only because I know how sensitive PayPal's system is - it doesn't mean you're not allowed to.

Our limitations were regarding withdrawal and sales spikes respectively, so I'm not sure what's the best approach to your case. I also don't know if your type of limitation is specifically because of the change you made, or if the review found other concerns in the process. My only advice is that the truth seems to only do good, and the template provided should still cover any other concerns they have.
Old 09-08-2021

Quote:
It's not a violation, but changing account details tends to flag you for review - a few users on this thread have encountered the same issue with a registered business account. I personally would not have linked a new email (and instead asked the customer to cancel & resend it), but only because I know how sensitive PayPal's system is - it doesn't mean you're not allowed to.
Tell me about it... if I'd had any idea this is such a big deal, i absolutely would've just not received the payment. Also, the bigger problem was probably how I replied to the review request (I had no idea this is something that can actually become near unresolvable ): this was over a partial warranty return for one of our products, for which we charged shipping (since it's not that the product doesn't work, it's just that later units in the production series work better), and I didn't have our purchase receipts etc since we didn't sell anything, and the unit was still on it's way to us, so I didn't have any receipts for shipping out. I called Paypal's customer service, who instructed me to simply put this out in writing in the reply, which I did. And that was obviously by far the worst thing to do.

Now in the appeal I have the shipping back receipt, the e-mail chain with the customer (included with his permission) who has now received the upgraded unit and is happy with it, receipts for the parts (among quite a lot of other parts on the same receipt) used in the repair, the tracking link showing a package was sent and received, and our receipt to the customer for the upgrade, so I'm hoping that will help resolve the issue.
Old 09-08-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Tell me about it... if I'd had any idea this is such a big deal, i absolutely would've just not received the payment. Also, the bigger problem was probably how I replied to the review request (I had no idea this is something that can actually become near unresolvable ): this was over a partial warranty return for one of our products, for which we charged shipping (since it's not that the product doesn't work, it's just that later units in the production series work better), and I didn't have our purchase receipts etc since we didn't sell anything, and the unit was still on it's way to us, so I didn't have any receipts for shipping out. I called Paypal's customer service, who instructed me to simply put this out in writing in the reply, which I did. And that was obviously by far the worst thing to do.

Now in the appeal I have the shipping back receipt, the e-mail chain with the customer (included with his permission) who has now received the upgraded unit and is happy with it, receipts for the parts (among quite a lot of other parts on the same receipt) used in the repair, the tracking link showing a package was sent and received, and our receipt to the customer for the upgrade, so I'm hoping that will help resolve the issue.
Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Logical approach - can only hope for good resolution, true

Last edited by rsot; 09-08-2021 at 05:49 AM.
Old 09-09-2021

Okay, I changed the subject, moved the links to attachments, read through the text to make sure I'm not coming off angry accidentally anywhere else (fixed one more point, just to be sure), and sent it ppelce just to check if it bounces immediately. In only 7 minutes (!) I received a reply, from ppelce@paypal.co.uk

Quote:
We appreciate your interest in PayPal. Unfortunately, our decision to close your account is final.
I must've done something really horrible, there's no way they could have reviewed the documents this fast...

Any hope in sending this to the other addresses...?
Old 09-09-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Okay, I changed the subject, moved the links to attachments, read through the text to make sure I'm not coming off angry accidentally anywhere else (fixed one more point, just to be sure), and sent it ppelce just to check if it bounces immediately. In only 7 minutes (!) I received a reply, from ppelce@paypal.co.uk

I must've done something really horrible, there's no way they could have reviewed the documents this fast...

Any hope in sending this to the other addresses...?
One thing that has changed when I sent out emails last week is that they're mostly being routed through PayPal's message center now, which means you might get a couple of automated responses.

These are the emails I used last week:
executiveoffice@paypal.com
ppelce@paypal.co.uk
ppelce@paypal.com
europeanservices@paypal.com (after reading your post)
  • 2 of them were routed to the message center and replied to by monkeys.
  • 1 of them was acknowledged as a formal complaint (in the message center) and given an estimate of 8 weeks for a "final response".
  • 1 of them hasn't been acknowledged yet (but wasn't bounced).

Interestingly, our account was restored less than 24 hours after responding to the monkey on the chat, by simply asking them to forward our appeal letter to the Executive Escalations office (which they did). Judging by the speed, it might just have been the appeals office, although I imagine the formal complaint they acknowledged would eventually be handled by the executive office (for the final review).

Last edited by HangInThere; 09-09-2021 at 06:10 AM.
Old 09-10-2021

Thanks, I was getting desperate but I suppose I'll try the other addresses then.

Quote:
Interestingly, our account was restored less than 24 hours after responding to the monkey on the chat, by simply asking them to forward our appeal letter to the Executive Escalations office (which they did). Judging by the speed, it might just have been the appeals office, although I imagine the formal complaint they acknowledged would eventually be handled by the executive office (for the final review).
On the chat? So sign in to Paypal, and talk to the support chat? Paste them the appeal and ask them to forward it to the Execute Escalations office?
Old 09-10-2021

Longevity: 28%

Hello,

I have a company in UK and a physical address for this business

I opened a paypal business account and passed all the verification steps and all my documents are authentic

I have received the confirmation that the limit to receive or send the money has been lifted

Account limit lifted
Your transfer limit has now been lifted. You can now transfer unlimited money from your PayPal account.

Your new PayPal Business Debit Mastercard® is being processed and will be sent soon.

Your new card is on its way
Your new PayPal Business Debit Mastercard ® should arrive within 10 working days.

and they confirmed to me that the paypal debit card was sent to my address in the United Kingdom

after the activation of my paypal account completely and the card on the way to my address in uk

just 3 days later I received this email

and I say well that I never made any transaction in it or do anything it is a new account never used only I prepared for my company business

We're initiating the closure of your PayPal account

After a thorough review of your PayPal account, we're initiating its closure in order to protect us from potential financial losses.
You'll no longer be able to use PayPal account.

Your account access has been limited

I am really ashamed to close a business account that has gone beyond all the verification procedures without me even using it

Really I'm shocked how this company treats people

I have doubts on one point

I am in Tunisia when I open the paypal business account
Is there a problem if you opened an account from one country to another?
in my opinion normally everything in order because I have all the necessary documents in uk which prove the availability of any proof of the company or their address or the name of the manager

For me this is my first time and i don't know if any chance i can re open the account or it's will be closed for lifetime

Best Regards
Old 09-10-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Thanks, I was getting desperate but I suppose I'll try the other addresses then.

On the chat? So sign in to Paypal, and talk to the support chat? Paste them the appeal and ask them to forward it to the Execute Escalations office?
Just to update you, I received a new response in the message centre today, and it was the Executive Office, with their long and personalized reply to the complaint. Therefore, I would like to clarify that our appeal was first reviewed and accepted by the appeals office; the Executive Office claimed to have done another thorough review, despite the account already being restored, so luckily there was no change of mind there...

With regards to response times, it's very reasonable: appeals are reviewed in <24 hours and complaints are reviewed in <5 days. As for the current email the Executive Office is using, they have stated that they can be reached at ppelce@paypal.co.uk, but I think this might only be for UK customers. Another user from outside the UK has reported that the contact email stated is ppelce@paypal.com, which I don't think you've tried yet. Post is below:

Quote:
I eventually received a message from customer support where they apologised for the inconvenience and told me that I can reach out to ppelce@paypal.com if I'd have any additional questions or concerns so I guess they also reviewed my case but I'm not sure.
You still need to initiate your appeal by email, but they now respond via the internal chat system - I personally find this better, as they keep you in the loop, and you can have your letter forwarded to the right place upon request, if needed.

Last edited by HangInThere; 09-10-2021 at 11:48 AM.