Paypal Limited - PayPal Limitations - the Definitive Thread on what to do, what not - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 03-07-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%

Do you have to file the paperwork in California or go to California to sue paypal? If no, then why not?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-07-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdot10 View Post
This is not my idea, I got it from another person and it worked so well for me I had to share.

Email complaints-response@paypal.com or any of the emails they have that are actually monitored. I basically asked why was my account limited, that I had sent all the information (hadnt sent all of it) and that I felt paypal was being very authoritative and not helping me as a member. How I never really received any help and then gave names and employee numbers (always get these) of the people who had not helped me in the slightest. Basically laid out my whole problem like I was telling a judge. I got back a general paypal is commited to blah blah blah. It takes may take up to (insert number) days to get to your claim blah blah blah

Today I wake up and my account is unlimited. Im thinking holy crap. I go into my email and I have 5! YES 5! responses to my email apologizing for the mixup and stating that I am a valued paypal member and that this is not how the operate. How did I do it?

When I sent the email I all CC, to some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ emails I made up. thomasbonds@foxnews.com and peterjones@cnn.com. Me thinks paypal said OH **** get this guy unlimited before it causes a problem. Yeah the emails are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ but paypal wont know that. If they "reply to all" maybe a day or so later they may get the response the message is undeliverable but by that time theyve already unlimited the account. I say try it, worked for me.

Lol, this is the best ever. I love it!
Old 03-07-2008

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Do you have to file the paperwork in California or go to California to sue paypal? If no, then why not?
You can file in your home state, you are suing them they have to send a representative or reach a settlement. Paypal used to tell people who brought up a lawsuit that they had to fly out to cali to fill out the paperwork and all kinds of lies. Basically trying to discourage people from suing them. Think like$300 for a plane ticket plus a hotel just to file the paperwork. Another $300 plus hotel to get to court. That doesnt count all the other stuff (gathering evidence, food, possibly a lawyer). They used to do it so people would think it would cost them thousands to get justice as opposed to less than $50
Old 03-14-2008

Default Scared of getting PayPal limited

Okay so here is my story.

I used to work for a company doing ebay sales, when I was there I had my home address saved on the paypal account so that I could have things shipped to me. About six weeks after I quit they stopped shipping stuff and got so many complaints that paypal limited them, and limited me because of the matching address! DAMNIT!

Okay so three weeks ago I made a new ebay and paypal, the only information that is the same is the address on the paypal, and it does not have a matching apartment number (it has no apartment number actually) everything else is brand new, including my Ip address and the computer I use to log in)

in those three weeks I have done about $1000 in sales total via $50 to $200 items. My ebay now has a feedback of 15, I have shipped all the items that have been paid for and everything is good.

NOW I have listed my XPS laptop, in the listing I have pictures with my ebay name and everything anyone would need to know I am not ripping them off, but it is a $3200 + laptop! (XPS M1730) and I am worried that my account is going to be limited when I receive payment for it! If I am sitting at the computer when it happens, can I use google plugin, and flush the money into my google checkout? Will that work fast enough?

What would you guys recommend? DO you think I will be limited?

P.S If this account gets limited there is NO way I can unlimit it because I have already used my SSN on another paypal account that was limited, so I can't enter it again when they ask for it!

HELP!
Old 03-14-2008

.........Hi Chris.
Old 03-14-2008

chris?

Old 03-14-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Chris is banned here now.
Will get back to you about the problem.
Old 03-14-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Most likely your account will be limited. That's what happens.

I would suggest finding another way to receive the money. Paypal probably won't work out. But that's just me.
Old 03-14-2008

Okay thanks!
Old 03-17-2008

Longevity: 93%
Wink just tied this!

I have had my paypal account limited for over 3 weeks now. I sent in all the info. requested and they took of the limitation...then one day late limited it again and all I did was sell 2 $20 items! They since have been asking me for more info. like suppliers and also info. I already gave them the first time. I have given them all they have asked for except for the ss number because 7 years ago I had an account that was suspended for selling vero items and I used my ss number for that account. I have been patiently waiting for them to reinstate my account only to receive messages telling me sorry for the delay but it would be another 48 hrs. When I came across this post I loved it! I just e-mailed tham my own letter and was polite but asked them to help me get my account reinstated. I cc'd it to a couple of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names at fox news, cnn , and a local bay area news channel. I am really hoping it works! I know this post was orginally posted a few months ago but if anyone else has had luck with this strategy please let me know!
Old 03-17-2008

Longevity: 95%

Modee:
Yes, i got the same response..
They dont care--- theyre too big.. like ebay..
Old 03-21-2008

just a guess. wondered what the reaction would be
Old 03-21-2008

haha yeah good punctuation and grammar..definitely not him
Old 03-29-2008

Okay..that got me curious...
What did Chris do to get banned anyway?
Old 04-03-2008

Default can i buy things with a limited paypal account?

hi

is this possible?
Old 04-03-2008

Hi-I have never seen it done. Normally-they let u take money in, but not get it out..This is their S.O.P...
Old 04-03-2008

Maybe I am missing something here but I have 2 pp accounts that are limited at the $500 mark (no cc or social) and I have been purchasing items on eb.
Old 04-12-2008
Banned

You 2 are talking about to different things. Totallydisgusted is taking about the $500 monthly spending and withdrawl limts, and Modee and the OP are talking a an "limited" account that has been locked down by PP, until you jump through their hoops. You should always have an "insurance deposit" made from aanother legit PP account, that you can refund to incase they try to steal your money.
Old 04-13-2008

Longevity: 92%
Default Paypal Limited my account...

On April 10th I received a payment from someone for around $250 and I started the normal withdrawal to my verified bank account. On the 11th I got a payment of around $3000 and did the same thing. Within an hour I got a call while I was in the shower and my brother took a message.

I called them back immediately and tried finding out why my account was limited and they said they needed to verify me before they could lift the limitation.

From Paypal's website: Apr. 11, 2008: Our system found unusual activity associated with your PayPal and eBay accounts that present a potential high risk

They keep telling me that they have to have my social security number to lift the limitation from my account. I told them that I do not legally have to provide that information and the rep I was talking to agreed with me. I told him that I could fax a copy of the drivers license front and back to them and he gave me the fax number and told me that I would be hearing from the Account Review Department within 12 to 18 hours.

Today I got an email saying that they would not lift the limitations on my account and that I have to provide them with my social security number in order for my account to be free.

I am not giving them my social security number. Am I right thinking that they are not even allowed to ask for it?

I am planning on calling them every day for the next six months or until they lift the limitations from my account.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas about this situation? I do not really want to wait 180 days to get over three thousand dollars back. This is an outrage!
Old 04-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

No, it is not an outrage, it is fairly standard for paypal to do this. Bad luck for you but
just what they do. Take a big deep breath and calm down. Phoning them as you suggested will not work. Hell if I worked for them and got a phone call every day, I would lose your info quickly. You would PI*S me off, big time. (btw today I am p***ed off because paypal)
Welcome to the forum: your answers are here. Treat yourself to the new guide Ebay
Stealth: that has the plan laid out. Good Luck.
btw can you also put up the flag of your country and then you get answers right for you.

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-13-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-13-2008

If you haven't sent the item(s) do a refund and have them pay you with a merchant account...this is standard Paypal to do this
Old 04-14-2008

May be wrong but last I heard is that pp took away the option for sellers to refund any money once you are limited.
Many were just refunding out of pp and asking them to pay by mo or merchant and therefore they get their money and can ship the item.
PP must have caught onto that and stopped it.