Paypal Limited - PayPal Limitations - the Definitive Thread on what to do, what not - Page 7 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 04-15-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay-sucks View Post
May be wrong but last I heard is that pp took away the option for sellers to refund any money once you are limited.
Many were just refunding out of pp and asking them to pay by mo or merchant and therefore they get their money and can ship the item.
PP must have caught onto that and stopped it.
I was still able to send refunds the other day after getting limited
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-15-2008

Longevity: 92%
Default Account limited because my mother has issues on hers!!

My mother's Paypal account is in debt due to a situation with Paypal that she is now taking legal advise for. (Long story...). The problem for me, is they have limited my 5 year old verified Paypal account which I have used frequently, selling and buying on ebay without any problems. So cannot withdraw funds or send money. First I was told it was due to reaching my limit of £1700. I am already verified etc, but I was directed to the Resolution Centre and asked to provide proof of address, proof of ID, and suppliers info. I uploaded a recent bank statement, and a copy of my passport, and a letter stating I was a private seller and did not have a supplier etc. They confirmed by email that they could see I was a private seller, but that I had to resolve the issues on the related account!! My mum's account. Can they do that. We are two separate people, but live at the same address, mother and daughter. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do. Are they allowed to do this?
Old 04-15-2008

Longevity: 95%

I believe its the same as Ebay does, the fine print of the user agreement u agreed to --has this in it--any household member..
Old 04-15-2008

I've looked through the fine print of their user agreement, but cant find anything about this subject. But you could be right, although Paypal would come under a different set of rules to ebay, due to it being a financial operating business. I understand the UK Paypal is classed under Banking, where there are specific banking rules to abide by. But they seem to operate with any rule that suits them at the time!
Old 04-15-2008

Important: Members who are suspended are prohibited from registering new accounts with eBay, or bidding or selling on eBay using any existing accounts. eBay reserves the right to suspend existing accounts as well as new accounts opened by anyone in the same household of a suspended user or by any other associates of a suspended user.

Found here:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/R...VerifyPSU.html
Old 04-15-2008

Paypal, words differently, but means the same,

Section User Agreement- Paypal
9. Restricted Activities.
9.1 Restricted Activities

j.)Control an Account that is linked to another Account that has engaged in any of these Restricted Activities.

found here:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...a/USUA-outside
Old 04-15-2008

Longevity: 96%

Question for you guys/gals.
How far does ebay and pp go with new accounts that have the same address of a previous suspended user? I now the IP stuff but in many cases it will match the address of a suspended user that you were not aware of?
Any thoughts?
Old 04-15-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
Paypal, words differently, but means the same,

Section User Agreement- Paypal
9. Restricted Activities.
9.1 Restricted Activities

j.)Control an Account that is linked to another Account that has engaged in any of these Restricted Activities.

found here:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...a/USUA-outside

Thanks for the direct link and reference regarding related accounts with paypal. Although, it does not actually specify what they mean by a linked account. Would'nt a linked account have to be in the same name or be involved with the same transactions. My account is not linked as far as I am concerned, just like my high street bank account is not linked to anyone else. We do not send or receive money between our paypal accounts. They are operated individually on each of our ebay accounts, but we are family members, living in the same house and often using the same computer. I would like paypal to actually specify what they consider a linked acount to be. On ebay they do specify other members of the same household or office etc, but with paypal they do not. At least not to my knowledge.
Old 04-16-2008

Default Limited Paypal Account since Dec.19

They limited my account with nearly 5k in it it was about 5-6 months old at the time. All the information social , name , address phone number etc was all legit. I sent them the ultilty bill, photo id and other things. They are still sending me emails me to provide this information
lease submit each of the following documents:
Supplier contact information and number and invoices for four items do I still have a shot at getting my account lifted or is it too late. If someone can help me get this account unlimited I would be really grateful and possibly pp 50 dollars for the help thanks for reading.

- Contact information (phone number, email, etc.) for your supplier or suppliers
- Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction: ( <>- Dec. 19, 2007 )
- Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction: ( <>- Dec. 19, 2007 )
- Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction:( <>- Dec. 19, 2007 )
- Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction
Old 04-16-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 100%

Just take pictures of items you're selling.

And call Paypal up, they should be able to help you out. Always call, emails get nowhere.
Old 04-16-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 100%

Linking of Paypal accounts occurs when you have the same address, and share an IP address. That's all that's needed. Just take it as it is and try to settle the dispute with paypal.
Old 04-16-2008

Thanks for the input But I really like to see if I could get the account back so I can use it what can I do.
Old 04-16-2008

If everything is legit you should be fine as long as you call them...ask for a Resolution Manager
Old 04-16-2008

What could I do about the supplier contact information and invoices for these four items?
Old 04-16-2008

I always use the excuse that I sell stuff from a collection or household items, and don't have receipts, if you can provide the rest they may let it slide..its also been suggested to take pics of stuff from like sams club..
Old 04-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Default How Long ?

xxxxsucks, I have been hearing of people getting the chop from ebay/paypal
like this. There was someone here who reckoned he was suspended because of
a name similarity. The way the bots are, who knows? Make sure you have
documents and a good story.
Old 04-17-2008

Me too, I did three separate refunds after I was limited. As long as you go through the refund link on the actual item transaction page in your paypal account. You cant "send" money from your account (using the send option) but can definately "refund" (using the refund link).
Old 04-17-2008

Sometimes they dont give you the option. Once i tried giving the buyer a refund after limitation and it wouldnt let me from my paypal balance only from my bank account (uhh no?!). So i called paypal and they were like you have to formally send an refund request via email to them. Which they didnt respond to for a long time. I felt bad for the buyer because i wasnt going to ship after my account was linked to a limited one. He eventually got the refund once paypal processed it but he harrassed me like crazy thinking i was trying to steal money.
Old 04-23-2008

Default Possible to close a PayPal account while in limited status? NO

I have my account limited about a month.I sent them everything they need except supplier infos that i have not.Now they want me to send receipts over a ticket i sold on ebay .The deal is completed and the buyer have also got the ticket so i am not interested any more at paypal.
But i cannot close the account because is limited.What can i do to get rid of them?If i leave this like this limited but never use it in the future could they do anything?
Old 04-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Hi and welcome. I am confused about your words. Do you mean your ebay account is
suspended. They are asking for info about the ticket that the buyer has? Because of the
suspension, your paypal is limited now? Is this the case?
Old 04-23-2008

I ll try to explain and sorry for my english. So i upload on ebay 4 tickets for a sports match. I sell them and via my linked verified paypal account i get the money withdraw them and send the tickets to the person. Some days after i arrange via mail to sell 2-3 personal stuff to a friend from another country but not via ebay. So the minute he send the money they limit my account and ask for id - utility bill - and supplier info. I send them the two first documents and i explain to them that i have no supplier info because i am trying to sell personal stuff. It have been now 15 days and still they ask for the same things. But today they also asked billing information regarding the payment i received for the ebay auction that i have completed days ago.

I dont know if i explained it well.The thing is i am tired of them and i dont want to use the account anymore. I refunded the person that i was intending to sell my personal stuff so i dont have also money on the paypal account and i dont want it at all.But i can not close it because it is limited.What should i do?

I want to get rid of them.Do you think if i leave it like this - they could cause me problems at the future?
Old 04-23-2008

Longevity: 99%
Default If there is no money in the account...

and no outstanding complaints exist, they can keep your info forever and it will never impact you, unless you want to get back on Paypal later.

Paypal is usually OK about lifting a limit. The only place I would absolutely draw the line is if they ask for SS#. They are not a bank, and do not need that.

By the way, you can fax them pictures of the items as proof of their existance as well. Or email them. I am sure you have the resolutions email.

Just resolve it, sounds trivial.