PayPal TOS Update - Transfers for verified people only! - Page 16 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-23-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Re: PayPal TOS Update - Transfers for verified people only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
OMG We're all f*cked
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-23-2018

Longevity: 73%

Doesn't sound all that different from what we already face.
Old 03-23-2018
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Doesn't sound all that different from what we already face.
My prediction will come true, it's only a matter of time...

The Death of Paypal, Rise of Crypto

Add NEW PP to eBay
Clean photos
Bulk resize images
Old 03-23-2018
MU

Longevity: 82%

Crypto isn't replacing PayPal, it may grow for more shady transactions but it isn't going to do anything else.
Old 03-23-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post

Crypto isn't replacing PayPal, it may grow for more shady transactions but it isn't going to do anything else.
Dont be so hasty to say that.
With the Lightning Network being set up and becoming more widely used transaction costs will go down to literally zero and transactions will be instantaneous. WHEN (not IF) this happens you can expect a huge boost to the price of Bitcoin and a tremendous push in the way it is utilized in every day tasks. Yes - buying that cup of coffee with Bitcoin will actually be a possibility and not in the far future.
Not saying it will completely replace paypal - but it will certainly bite further into its already diminishing market share.
Old 03-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

Great thread, great info, thank you to all who contribute.

I am a USA pp user, and from what I am reading I will only be able to withdraw my funds to my verified bank account. This is okay with me as this is what I primarily use my funds for anyway.

However, I am dealing with an account that has a "Claim It" button and notice it will not allow me to use my PayPal balance to pay eBay fees. So it seems that as this rolls into all PP accounts, eBay fees will no longer be able to be paid using a PP balance. Very annoying. Even if I have a verified bank attached, will PayPal still not allow me to use my balance to pay my eBay fees?

I also wanted to know, if I have a verified bank account attached to my pp and I still use PP as my automatic payment method with the fees set to be taken from my verified bank linked to my PayPal, will this hurt the integrity of my stealth PayPal at all? I read if you fund your pp account with funds from your bank then they are able to see the name of the bank or something like that. Does the same apply when you use your bank to pay your fees?

I have many newer budding accounts with unverified pay pals which it seems I will have to pay fees using prepaid cards. Then I of course have my many running bank verified accounts which I also need to worry about paying fees. Sometimes my fees rack up to pretty large amounts. What are ya'll doing to make this situation as easy as possible?
Old 03-24-2018
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Dont be so hasty to say that.
With the Lightning Network being set up and becoming more widely used transaction costs will go down to literally zero and transactions will be instantaneous. WHEN (not IF) this happens you can expect a huge boost to the price of Bitcoin and a tremendous push in the way it is utilized in every day tasks. Yes - buying that cup of coffee with Bitcoin will actually be a possibility and not in the far future.
Not saying it will completely replace paypal - but it will certainly bite further into its already diminishing market share.
I strongly doubt that the average person is going to pay/deal with an unregulated, easily manipulated currency on a regular basis, especially to even do basic low-level purchases.

As a recent Forbes article pointed out, regulation is needed to handle the price market, but the point is to avoid government regulations. There's a paradoxical situation with it - which is why your basic person isn't getting involved.

Plus, there's no standard to get people started that aren't tech savvy. Scams are rife, hackers steal coin wallets....which hey, happens with banks too, but there's no law in this land.

PayPal, or similar payment processors, are safe/known/trusted by millions. They aren't jumping ship just because they may fork over an EIN or Bank. Etsy has millions of sellers that did just that. How many sellers, according to their IPO, did they lose changing over? Less than 25,000. People like familiar, trusted brands.

Just my take on it. You could very well end up being right, but from my perspective I think it isn't happening until there's some form of regulation and standardization.
Old 03-24-2018
Banned

Quote:
I strongly doubt that the average person is going to pay/deal with an unregulated, easily manipulated currency on a regular basis, especially to even do basic low-level purchases.

As a recent Forbes article pointed out, regulation is needed to handle the price market, but the point is to avoid government regulations. There's a paradoxical situation with it - which is why your basic person isn't getting involved.

Plus, there's no standard to get people started that aren't tech savvy. Scams are rife, hackers steal coin wallets....which hey, happens with banks too, but there's no law in this land.

PayPal, or similar payment processors, are safe/known/trusted by millions. They aren't jumping ship just because they may fork over an EIN or Bank. Etsy has millions of sellers that did just that. How many sellers, according to their IPO, did they lose changing over? Less than 25,000. People like familiar, trusted brands.

Just my take on it. You could very well end up being right, but from my perspective I think it isn't happening until there's some form of regulation and standardization.
Stick to what you know best, nothing...

Add NEW PP to eBay
Clean photos
Bulk resize images
Old 03-24-2018
MU

Quote:
Stick to what you know best, nothing...

It's always amusing when a man attempts to talk down to me.

I provided a factual basis for my opinion, gave a reference, and am thinking with a rational sense. I realize this doesn't apply to you, so...keep on thinking the moms at Target or grandma selling her knits are going to setup bitcoin wallets.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
slokor (03-24-2018)
Old 03-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Empirestate - seriously? You going to lecture people on not knowing anything? LOL!!! You DO know youre the running joke on this forum right? The jester. The clown. And the joke is almost always on you.
When you start writing ACTUAL responses - that contain ACTUAL information, That ACTUALLY contribute to the discussion, That are more than 10 words long, that are not complete nonsense - then, maybe, youll start to earn some respect. Until then get used to your position at the bottom of the ladder.
Now crawl back to your corner and try to keep yourself from spewing further garbage and interrupting people who are actually trying to converse.
By the way - I know many of these words are too 'big' for you. Its called a thesaurus - use it!
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (03-24-2018)
Old 03-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Gladiator - I understand and agree with much of what you said.
I dont think this is a process that will occur overnight but within the next 3-5 years I believe we will see this technological advancement get a much wider adoption.
Its the same with every other technology. Seeing my dad playing around on a tablet that he was completely resistant to for the longest time demonstrates to me that eventually even the most stubborn have to adapt.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (03-24-2018)
Old 03-24-2018
MU

Quote:
Empirestate - seriously? You going to lecture people on not knowing anything? LOL!!! You DO know youre the running joke on this forum right? The jester. The clown. And the joke is almost always on you.
When you start writing ACTUAL responses - that contain ACTUAL information, That ACTUALLY contribute to the discussion, That are more than 10 words long, that are not complete nonsense - then, maybe, youll start to earn some respect. Until then get used to your position at the bottom of the ladder.
Now crawl back to your corner and try to keep yourself from spewing further garbage and interrupting people who are actually trying to converse.
By the way - I know many of these words are too 'big' for you. Its called a thesaurus - use it!
Thanks! I didn't feel our discussion was dismissive of each other, just both of us with different takes/views on what's going on having an open chat. That's a good thing tho, debate and dialog are how you solve problems or come up with new ideas.

Someone taking immediate offense and accusing someone of knowing nothing when they're basically the definition of a charlatan themselves is hilarious.
Old 03-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

I always listens to financial advice random strangers on the internet, because they're always 100% correct and reliable
The Following User Says Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
XTC4ME (04-01-2018)
Old 03-24-2018
MU

Quote:
Gladiator - I understand and agree with much of what you said.
I dont think this is a process that will occur overnight but within the next 3-5 years I believe we will see this technological advancement get a much wider adoption.
Its the same with every other technology. Seeing my dad playing around on a tablet that he was completely resistant to for the longest time demonstrates to me that eventually even the most stubborn have to adapt.
Oh, absolutely. My mom and dad both couldn't tell you how to turn on my iMac, but they both regularly use iPhones and iPads without problems. I think if there's a good, standard, non-confusing way to start people will join in the market that otherwise wouldn't, but until that time I can't see a lot of non-tech, mostly younger group growing the user base to even diminish the impact PayPal's and similar services have.

So, yeah the 3-5 years is a good guess. Right now I'd venture that around the time PayPal is no longer standard on eBay (but still will be accepted via Adyen) and the markets stabilize some with crypto that PayPal will be on a more downward trend - not enough to close them or anything, but their hold on the market will be impacted clearly. I don't think they are ever going to go away as too many people have trusted them for over a decade.
Old 03-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Oh, absolutely. My mom and dad both couldn't tell you how to turn on my iMac, but they both regularly use iPhones and iPads without problems. I think if there's a good, standard, non-confusing way to start people will join in the market that otherwise wouldn't, but until that time I can't see a lot of non-tech, mostly younger group growing the user base to even diminish the impact PayPal's and similar services have.

So, yeah the 3-5 years is a good guess. Right now I'd venture that around the time PayPal is no longer standard on eBay (but still will be accepted via Adyen) and the markets stabilize some with crypto that PayPal will be on a more downward trend - not enough to close them or anything, but their hold on the market will be impacted clearly. I don't think they are ever going to go away as too many people have trusted them for over a decade.
empirestate is laughing at all of you. It's so obvious he's taunting everyone for a response...you all go for it like a dog bone
Maybe you like to dump on him to let off steam...very....snore..
Old 03-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
empirestate is laughing at all of you. It's so obvious he's taunting everyone for a response...you all go for it like a dog bone
Wow!
Never thought id see the day that Empirestate would get a 'fanboy'.
Its a very small and exclusive club of one.
Enjoy high fiving yourself pal. LOL!!!!
Old 03-24-2018

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
Great thread, great info, thank you to all who contribute.

I am a USA pp user, and from what I am reading I will only be able to withdraw my funds to my verified bank account. This is okay with me as this is what I primarily use my funds for anyway.

However, I am dealing with an account that has a "Claim It" button and notice it will not allow me to use my PayPal balance to pay eBay fees. So it seems that as this rolls into all PP accounts, eBay fees will no longer be able to be paid using a PP balance. Very annoying. Even if I have a verified bank attached, will PayPal still not allow me to use my balance to pay my eBay fees?

I also wanted to know, if I have a verified bank account attached to my pp and I still use PP as my automatic payment method with the fees set to be taken from my verified bank linked to my PayPal, will this hurt the integrity of my stealth PayPal at all? I read if you fund your pp account with funds from your bank then they are able to see the name of the bank or something like that. Does the same apply when you use your bank to pay your fees?

I have many newer budding accounts with unverified pay pals which it seems I will have to pay fees using prepaid cards. Then I of course have my many running bank verified accounts which I also need to worry about paying fees. Sometimes my fees rack up to pretty large amounts. What are ya'll doing to make this situation as easy as possible?
I'm wondering the same thing. Anyone have any insight?
Old 03-24-2018
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
I’ve never said anything out of the way to him before. Sorry, I’m not letting someone insult and mock me while having a civil discussion with another poster.
Old 03-24-2018

No stealth PP? OK localbitcoins and coin mixers are already there. This is more than US tax issue. It's to stay away people during "election" campaigns. Paypal is not an exchange. This AML KYC approach is too much for a payment processor. There are already many bitcoin based better processors.

There is something specific with US PP only i believe. Internationally they are still same, right?
Old 03-24-2018

Longevity: 53%

Well it boils down to you cannot do ANYTHING with a paypal that has not been ID verified except transfer to your attached bank account, cannot buy anything using balance, cannot pay Ebay fees, cannot pay Ebay shipping, nothing, nada, zilch.

That pretty much sums it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hype_supply View Post
I'm wondering the same thing. Anyone have any insight?
Old 03-24-2018
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
Well it boils down to you cannot do ANYTHING with a paypal that has not been ID verified except transfer to your attached bank account, cannot buy anything using balance, cannot pay Ebay fees, cannot pay Ebay shipping, nothing, nada, zilch.

That pretty much sums it up.
To sum it up, Crypto is looking better and better, it is the future INDEED!

Add NEW PP to eBay
Clean photos
Bulk resize images
Old 03-24-2018

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
To sum it up, Crypto is looking better and better, it is the future INDEED!
Gahhhdaaammmmmm, if I have to read this ignorant sh*t one more time today. I swear to phuck... are you bumping every single thread with this horsesh*t nonsense?!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (03-24-2018), slokor (03-24-2018)