PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-09-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default Re: PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Anyway, good luck in getting you money back, if you ever want any help in creating a new account then you know where to come
Still have personal accounts open. They never closed those. If I need PayPal, I'll just use those. Only these specific business accounts were closed.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-10-2019

Wesker, I actually appreciate your insights, information sharing and overall concern in this matter. As you mentioned, each case you shared with us was posted on Paypal's community forum so I don't see anything wrong with sharing those.

Ultimately, this thread is called "PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation" under the "Paypal Talk" forum, so I find it completely related and on topic.

The main purpose of this forum is to HELP. And that can be done in a lot of ways. Yours is one.

I find all the information on this thread useful and I'm using it to take (I hope) better business decisions regarding my Paypal accounts.
Old 12-10-2019

Longevity: 26%

This is getting out of hand im ****in freaking out i lost over 260k in AUP FINES ACROSS ALL MY ****IN ACCOUNTS. IM GONNA HAVE A ****IN HEART ATTACK

Old 12-10-2019

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messy52312 View Post
This is getting out of hand im ****in freaking out i lost over 260k in AUP FINES ACROSS ALL MY ****IN ACCOUNTS. IM GONNA HAVE A ****IN HEART ATTACK

Woah, dude. What chu done did? That is, if you're not using a stealth.
Old 12-10-2019

Quote:

Can you post more information. What were you selling, why you were limited? Was your account a stealth PayPal Account? Did you contact PayPal? Says you're in Canada so I think this can conclude that it happening globally not just specific countries.

Sorry for your loss. I also got hit pretty hard not as big as you. I think it's clear we have to take action. We can't just write this off as a loss. More and more people are being fined daily and this is going to start totalling into millions of USD paypal is fining people.

Attorneys would without a doubt be interested in these type of cases going on with PayPal.
Old 12-10-2019

Anyone who uses PayPal now who produce bulk sales through PayPal at any given moment could be limited due to AUP policies which are broad and could be a 1000+ different things. They never get that money back as PayPal can take anyones funds at any given moment here.

Don't think people realize PayPal can abuse this AUP fine policy and exploit people which is essentially what they're doing now.
Old 12-10-2019

Here is another one today

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...e/td-p/1974258
Old 12-10-2019

Here is another one.

His quote

In total I have spent 11 hours on call to PayPal, they also said they'd send me an email but never did..

I asked for a callback from PayPal automated service, call back came but I was put on hold by agent.

I called back and I was put on hold for multiple hours and no call back happened.

Messaged on Twitter, they said they'd send me an email, no email came now they are not replying after 1 month.

Messaged on Facebook, obviously no reply not a surprise.

Sent over 10 emails to PayPal, no reply.

Tried to talk to PayPal on live chat, no agents available.

Old 12-10-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
Here is another one.

His quote

In total I have spent 11 hours on call to PayPal, they also said they'd send me an email but never did..

I asked for a callback from PayPal automated service, call back came but I was put on hold by agent.

I called back and I was put on hold for multiple hours and no call back happened.

Messaged on Twitter, they said they'd send me an email, no email came now they are not replying after 1 month.

Messaged on Facebook, obviously no reply not a surprise.

Sent over 10 emails to PayPal, no reply.

Tried to talk to PayPal on live chat, no agents available.

This guy said he made numerous attempts to contact PayPal and they won't respond so it seems contacting PayPal does nothing.

They are intentionally avoiding communicating what is going on here.

This is definitely mounting up to a potential class action lawsuit against PayPal in the long run.
Old 12-10-2019

Here is another one

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/member...s-maximus.html

Old 12-10-2019

I'm going to message these people on the paypal forums. Inform them what's going on over here.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...ed/m-p/1948204

Check out this thread. People are updating what's going on. PayPal is refusing to communicate on this matter.
Old 12-10-2019

Found this link - https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal...y-limited.html

Apparently PayPal did this 10 years ago. Was a small amount they removed from this persons PayPal.
Old 12-11-2019
Subscribed [VIP]

This same thing happened to me, almost $8k in my account I’ve been counting on getting my money back from all the sales I made (clothing) - they could never tell me why I was permanently limited. Sucked it up and then today bit my 180 day mark. (just last month I called and asked them when I could withdraw and they said would be this week.) when I looked in November all my money was there. Hadn’t received any email or correspondence from them so I checked today and all my money was withdrawn on Dec 4th to PayPal for this same reason. I’m a single mother of 3 and this just broke me. I’m shaking, can’t think, Please I hope someone on this thread finds out what is going on. I called before reading, first rep told me to email aup@paypal.com and ask why. Called again and second rep said she was escalating to have them click a button to send me email to withdrawal but apparently she didn’t see there was nothing to even withdraw. I’m legit crying as I write this.
Old 12-11-2019

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:

I had heart palpitations for a second just reading the amount you lost.

I sincerely hope you all get your money back somehow. With those sort of amounts lawyers should be all over it as they can no doubt charge a substantial fee.
Old 12-11-2019

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 41%

"The Acceptable Use Policy prohibits the use of PayPal.s service to
violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation. Furthermore, the
User Agreement states that if you use PayPals service to receive
payments in violation of the Acceptable Use Policy, PayPal may assess a
fine of $2,500.00 USD for each violation."

Taken from Paypal.

So that obviously means if you get caught out operating under stealth you are clearly breaking the law.

I take it everyone that has had their money taken from them were running stealth accounts ?
Old 12-11-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
"The Acceptable Use Policy prohibits the use of PayPal.s service to
violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation. Furthermore, the
User Agreement states that if you use PayPals service to receive
payments in violation of the Acceptable Use Policy, PayPal may assess a
fine of $2,500.00 USD for each violation."

Taken from Paypal.
This is already information I posted on the earlier pages of this thread. Essentially if you have processed 1000 transactions through PayPal, and have $2.5m in your PayPal Account, PayPal will take it if you broke their AUP policy.

Quote:
So that obviously means if you get caught out operating under stealth you are clearly breaking the law.

I take it everyone that has had their money taken from them were running stealth accounts ?
Stealth by definition is an account with completely bogus information not under your name and information doesn't match your information.

In this situation, I can't find any case where any of the users who received this FINE have used a stealth account including myself. This is breaching their AUP policy not a stealth account related issue.
Old 12-11-2019

Quote:
With those sort of amounts lawyers should be all over it as they can no doubt charge a substantial fee.
We need a single law firm that can handle all our cases.
Old 12-11-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley1010 View Post
This same thing happened to me, almost $8k in my account I’ve been counting on getting my money back from all the sales I made (clothing) - they could never tell me why I was permanently limited. Sucked it up and then today bit my 180 day mark. (just last month I called and asked them when I could withdraw and they said would be this week.) when I looked in November all my money was there. Hadn’t received any email or correspondence from them so I checked today and all my money was withdrawn on Dec 4th to PayPal for this same reason. I’m a single mother of 3 and this just broke me. I’m shaking, can’t think, Please I hope someone on this thread finds out what is going on. I called before reading, first rep told me to email aup@paypal.com and ask why. Called again and second rep said she was escalating to have them click a button to send me email to withdrawal but apparently she didn’t see there was nothing to even withdraw. I’m legit crying as I write this.
Here is the situation. They aren't responding to anyone. I have yet to see a single person say PayPal responded saying specifically why this fine happened. They're ignoring people completely.

Also check this thread: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...ed/m-p/1948204

People have made great efforts to reach out to PayPal already about this and nobody is responding. No notifications, no reply back emails, nothing. Complete silence from the backbone team who initiated this.

As I mentioned before, I am planning on waiting until 2020 to take action myself. Waiting for feedback from someone on what they did to get this resolved or the response PayPal provided them. Once I get feedback, I'll proceed accordingly.

Similar to Amazon, there are attorneys who specialize in resolving Amazon Seller Accounts. I believe this is going to need to be done with PayPal now. Some law firm will need to handle our cases.

Last edited by Wesker; 12-11-2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-11-2019
Subscribed [VIP]

I’m in with the lawsuit. If anyone is doing anything about this. My account was not stealth- it was a legit account. All items, tracking provided. Had no disputes or chargebacks since it was limited. In the mean time I did read someone mentioned sending a letter of demand to their corporate office in San Jose. I will be having a lawyer draw that up this week to send.
Old 12-11-2019

Quote:
In the mean time I did read someone mentioned sending a letter of demand to their corporate office in San Jose. I will be having a lawyer draw that up this week to send.
I have not proceeded with this nor has anyone as far as I know done this either yet. It could take sometime for PayPal to reply if they do at all to your letter. It wouldn't surprise me if they respond with a generic answer to your letter. However I agree it's worth a shot to do this 1st before we proceed with going an arbitration route.

Would you please tell everyone when you hear back from PayPal what happened?
Old 12-11-2019

Quote:
I’m in with the lawsuit. If anyone is doing anything about this. My account was not stealth- it was a legit account. All items, tracking provided. Had no disputes or chargebacks since it was limited.
Mine wasn't a stealth either. Very few disputes or chargebacks. No explanation why my account was limited. No explanation why they took my funds out. I never wronged PayPal. Never had a negative balance. They just decided not to support our business anymore which I had no choice but to agree to as nobody would respond back to me why my account was limited. I was fine with it and moved on. Then they decided to steal the funds out of my account.

It's mind boggling what happened and what's going on with this company. They could completely damage their reputation if competitors find out our stories or it becomes more viral what's going on right now over the last 90 days. They are taking funds out of both personal and business accounts. Nobody can be considered safe anymore with PayPal if you are in violation of their policies.
Old 12-11-2019
Subscribed [VIP]

On top of it- they just sent me an email that I could withdraw my funds but they took them- so balance shows $0.

I only wish I called last week, all it took was for me to say I hit 180 days, rep escalated I got my email. Nervously opened and still the same $0.

I will absolutely update when my lawyer sends the demand letter, it’s basically giving them a chance to pay before taking them to court. My transaction amounts were so small but I had many. I’m sick thinking they charge $2.5k EACH TRANSACTION. Like that makes absolutely NO sense. Also no email, notification, nothing explaining why they took all my funds.