PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation - Page 13 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-04-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default Re: PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by himaster View Post
leaked news: They will return your money after April if there is no issue with tax and law
Provide more information.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-04-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by himaster View Post
leaked news: They will return your money after April if there is no issue with tax and law

Where did you get this source? Can you tell us?
Old 01-04-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I couldn't find much to support that statement
Old 01-04-2020

Longevity: 67%

I can't tell you guys for now

This is important too: Is there anyone have this charge back after Dec 31st?

The first news I received was they only do this on fiscal year of 2019. If nobody is experiencing this issue on 2020 or after Quarter 1 of 2020, then the news is reliable
Old 01-05-2020

Longevity: 24%

Hi, I have the same situation with you , paypal just withdraw my money $1400 and $350 from my two account , reason is PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation , I have many account has been lock since last years and after 180 I can withdraw it with no problem , I just call the customer service that they told me I cant get the money back , I ask them how did I cause you damages , they answer me not sure but this is the rule I cant change anything

Have you get your money back ? if so , how did you get it please share with me , thank you
Old 01-05-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messy52312 View Post
Hello everyone I am new to this forum and I am going to explain what happened to me because this new AUP fine **** is real and no one here is lying

I had 1 PayPal with 13,000 dollars in it and PayPal wiped the balance on the 178th day before I could withdraw the money. I also had a 2 accounts with 61,000 dollars and PayPal wiped the money completely on the 178th day. Both accounts say "Payment to PayPal acceptable use policy damages" I called papal and they said i basically need to sue them! I have also hired a lawyer to write a demand letter from PayPal which got me no where. All PayPal did was respond with a reply back to my lawyers email saying that we need to send them a subpoena in order to request info about an account. I have sent PayPal multiple letters through the better business bureau and all I got was a response saying that I violated PayPal acceptable use policy and that they can take up to 2500 damages. They also said the reason they took the money was because i was selling "fortnite video game accounts" They are not being clear at all because currently they have tooken a grand total of 74,000 dollars from me in acceptable use policy damages. I am currently in the process of calling my local police and filing a fraud report against PayPal. I am also in talks with lawyer and currently setting up a retainer with lawyer to sue them.

Now to explain further i thought I was a one in a lifetime case for this and I was convinced the company Epic Games who makes fortnite contacted paypal about my business and they were the ones who issued a fine to me. But it turns out this is just PayPal doing it by themselves

I have contacted Epic Games and they said they have no problem with my business at all and did not do any of this.

The worse part about this is I have more money in PayPal and I have no clue if there going to wipe me clean.

I also have another friend rn who was selling the same products as me and we are literally neighbors and PayPal took 20,000 dollars from him for acceptable use policy violations

If your PayPal has a high risk limitation they will not wipe the money because my high risk one was able to withdraw with no issues right after I was issued a fine

THIS **** IS CRAZY BEWARE DO NOT GET AN ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY VIOLATION ON PAYPAL ANYMORE BECAUSE THEY ARE WIPING THE ACCOUNTS CLEAN. THIS 2500 DOLLAR FINE POLICY HAS BEEN ON PAYPALS SITE FOR YEARS BUT THEY ARE FED UP AND ARE FINALLY IN FORCING IT

Have you got your money back by the end ?? I am having the same situation , I dont know what to do !!
Old 01-06-2020

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 26%

Curious, what kind of goods were you selling....this is scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel888 View Post
Hi, I have the same situation with you , paypal just withdraw my money $1400 and $350 from my two account , reason is PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation , I have many account has been lock since last years and after 180 I can withdraw it with no problem , I just call the customer service that they told me I cant get the money back , I ask them how did I cause you damages , they answer me not sure but this is the rule I cant change anything

Have you get your money back ? if so , how did you get it please share with me , thank you
Old 01-06-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

You have many accounts locked? What category were your sales?
Old 01-06-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by lymbo70 View Post
Curious, what kind of goods were you selling....this is scary
It's random items here, not a specific industry being targeted. Some tangible, some intangible, some services.
Old 01-06-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Read Paypal policy,it will tell you-narcotics,sterioid,cigarette,firearms,copyright,tr ademark,weapons,getrich quick scheme,money order,travellor checks,lottery contracts etc et
Basically 1000+ different things PayPal won't like. Best of luck reading that and guessing if your items are or aren't against their AUP policy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wesker For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (01-06-2020)
Old 01-06-2020

Quote:

What day exactly did they take the money from you. Was it in 2019 or 2020?
The Following User Says Thank You to XPinksDude826 For This Useful Post:
Mohmmad2122 (01-09-2020)
Old 01-06-2020

Activity: 6%

I think OP said it was somewhere in 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messy52312 View Post
What day exactly did they take the money from you. Was it in 2019 or 2020?
The Following User Says Thank You to lymbo70 For This Useful Post:
Mohmmad2122 (01-09-2020)
Old 01-07-2020

paypal took from me 10K I am poor and my mother need treatments please guys help me
Old 01-08-2020

Longevity: 58%

What was the limitation message you received from Paypal when it first got limited? Please send a screenshot(cross any personel information).
Old 01-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohmmad2122 View Post
paypal took from me 10K I am poor and my mother need treatments please guys help me
tinsoldier called you out - threads don't add up - be clear, good luck
Old 01-08-2020

I am selling the tangible product , people place order and I shiped them ,
before was no problem , I have been doing this - lock and after 180 days no problem with the money withdraw . but this time , two account's money take away , I still have more than 10 account in the back ...
Old 01-08-2020
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
Basically 1000+ different things PayPal won't like. Best of luck reading that and guessing if your items are or aren't against their AUP policy.
hello wesker i've been following your post. and i'm very much encouranged and inspired by you.

i also had $1778 and i was limited for 180days, on the 180days when i loged in i met $0.

i'm yet to see anypne this happened to in 2020 or 2018.

i think this only affected people whose funds were due during december 2019.
Old 01-09-2020
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Your money is gone unless you take legal action.
in as much as i'd love to take legal actions, i've got no more money to even hire a competent lawyer. besides i'm waiting to see who has followed that route and how they did it just so i do not make a mistake.

i dont stay in the US, i reside in the UAE. i'm a common man and not as rich as the rest of the commenters above. all i got is the $1778 whgich paypal stole.

unlike the others above i do not sell any ite, i work as a write on fiverr and fiverr pays me into paypal and that has always been where all my inflow came from.

i've never bought an item with my paypal account or even sold an item.

all inflow were from fiverr and fiverr is a partner of paypal.
Old 01-20-2020

Longevity: 36%
Send a message via Skype™ to Josephsm823

has anyone expericed this in january?
Old 01-26-2020

Hello I just called paypal about 1 of my accounts and how it was the 180th day and my funds were suppose to be released. However I was wrong i actually have the funds released on the 29th of this month which is 3 days.

Besides that on the phone the customer services representative warned me about how people violated the acceptable use policy are being fined 2500 dollars.

She also told me that they are now being instructed to say this to people who have accounts that violated the AUP.

So this means the employees are now being instructed to warn people ahead of time before the 180 days ends that your money can be taken from you in fines.

However my money is released in 3 days and is still there. The money should not be taken as we are in 2020 and no one has been fined in 2020 and fines only happen near the end of the year.

I will update you guys in 3 days if I get fined or not
The Following User Says Thank You to XPinksDude826 For This Useful Post:
Mohmmad2122 (01-28-2020)
Old 01-28-2020

Ashley, so paypal stole my money and I am in MA as well. Would be happy to share legal costs, or perhaps you could give me the name of your lawyer? I had a legit personal account, no money laundering or third world acct. I am stunned. Thank you. Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley1010 View Post
Just wanted to give an update on my case I showed above. I spoke with my lawyer who is very connected- she is one of the best here in Mass. I know everyone is in different places but she informed me my demand letter and case we are going to send and fight for will be in regards to this law:

“The Massachusetts Consumer Protection Law
Massachusetts has a statute that specifically enables the Attorney General and consumers to take legal action against unfair or deceptive conduct in the marketplace, called Massachusetts Consumer Protection law, Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 93A.

What violates the Consumer Protection Law?
Many consumers are unaware of the rights they are entitled to under the Massachusetts Consumer Protection law, Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 93A. Likewise, many merchants may not fully understand their responsibilities under this law.

The law does not define any specific business actions that violate the law; rather it states that “unfair or deceptive practices” are illegal. Although each case is judged on its own merits, some examples of unfair or deceptive practices that might fall under Chapter 93A would be when:

A business fails to tell you relevant information regarding your product or service or misleads you in any way.“

She is in the process of writing up a demand letter and proceeding with this violation that they mislead me to believe I would get my money after 180 days and then withdrawing a week before was deceptive and in MA against this law.

Will send another update when I get one. In the meantime I would check and see if your state has any laws regarding this and it can’t hurt to send a demand letter to try and get some answers since I still have yet to receive any reply from any of their departments.
Old 01-28-2020

Hi guys, logged on to my PP account today as the 180 days of suspension has been up, low and belold these crooks stole the $2804 that was the balance. And this just a few days before the 180 days! And no notice whatsoever!! This is truely unbelievable, I cannot understand how they can pull this ****, it is totally illegal! I will be joining the discord group, filing a demand letter, etc. They will not get away with this ****! My account was closed without any reason, I sold on ebay, no narcotics, scams, etc, it was a legit account.

January 23, 2020
PayPal
-negative $2,804.74
Transfer
There is an open dispute associated with this transaction. Visit the Resolution Center to view status.

Paid with
PayPal Cash Plus balance

Transaction ID
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Seller info
PayPal

Note
$2,804.74 USD;PayPal Posting Date:Jan 22, 2020;Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

Last edited by ilcarletto; 01-28-2020 at 06:57 AM.