PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation - Page 14 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

What's this message about: "Transfer
There is an open dispute associated with this transaction. Visit the Resolution Center to view status."

Checked it out?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-28-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%

Military collectibles, nothing that couldnt be sold on ebay. was really careful not to list anything controvertial. its not the point anyway. what they are doing is illegal.

"there is an open dispute associated with this transaction": same BS message as when they closed my account, nothing new.
Old 01-28-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by raseiro View Post
Military collectibles, nothing that couldnt be sold on ebay. was really careful not to list anything controvertial. its not the point anyway. what they are doing is illegal.

"there is an open dispute associated with this transaction": same BS message as when they closed my account, nothing new.

what you mean ?
Old 01-28-2020

Longevity: 56%

I have had a 180 day lock but not a lock like that I was able to get my money these ****ers locked 600.00 bucks paypal and ebay look at us like were bad but they r the ones stealing money I really wonder how much locked money they have there and who in the hell is keeping all that money I feel really bad when I read posts like this
Old 01-29-2020

Again I sold nothing that wasn't kosher to sell on ebay. At any rate they have no right to steal people's money! They are not the IRS!

I have a zero balance now because these crooks stole my balance! And they waited just a few days before the 180 days. Truely disgusting.

I will fight back. Demand/subpoena letter, write to MA Atty General, class action suit. If I make enough noise they have to reconsider.
Old 01-29-2020

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
what is your PAYPAL balance now?
Is it negative 2804.74?
if it is negative,then you must have no money in your account ,so now it turns negative when Paypal debits 2804.74 .
Did you get an email asking you to bring the account to neutral?
Whatever military collectible you sold may be fine with EbaY but not fine with Paypal.
What exactly is the item and where is the buyer?
LOL
Just ignore the "negative" word. He copied those text from Transaction details page, which means The text "negative" stands for "-" (subtract).
That means the transaction is taking 2804.74 USD away. subtract! subtract! subtract! Not Negative balance!
Old 01-30-2020

Longevity: 35%

I would ring them and know at the same time that when they decide it's extremely challenging to flip it to your favor. Especially when your account is flagged already
Old 02-02-2020

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by himaster View Post

This is important too: Is there anyone have this charge back after Dec 31st?

The first news I received was they only do this on fiscal year of 2019. If nobody is experiencing this issue on 2020 or after Quarter 1 of 2020, then the news is reliable
Quote:
Originally Posted by eniolaamoda View Post
i also had $1778 and i was limited for 180days, on the 180days when i loged in i met $0.

i'm yet to see anypne this happened to in 2020 or 2018.

i think this only affected people whose funds were due during december 2019.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsm823 View Post
has anyone expericed this in january?

Those are questions I would also like to hear responses to

From the sources I've been talking to it was near the end of 2019 when PayPal was siphoning all the money in some limited PayPal account's and leaving the account with a 0.00 balance.

I also heard that it was UK PayPal accounts that were getting hit the hardest with ''PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy Violation'' where they take all your money from your limited PayPal account along with other Europe countries getting that.

It only makes since because here in the U.S we can not only take them to court but counter sue them for more money than what was originally taken.

I remember when PayPal settled a class action lawsuit back in 2016 for doing improper account holds they had to shell out $440.00 USD extra to each account that qualified for that and that was just for limiting accounts for no reason and paying that amount for that.

PayPal has to realize that this damages policy I'm going to take all your money is way, way worse.

It will be very interesting to see if they keep doing it because it's immoral and unethical.
Old 02-02-2020

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret storm View Post
Those are questions I would also like to hear responses to

From the sources I've been talking to it was near the end of 2019 when PayPal was siphoning all the money in some limited PayPal account's and leaving the account with a 0.00 balance.

I also heard that it was UK PayPal accounts that were getting hit the hardest with ''PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy Violation'' where they take all your money from your limited PayPal account along with other Europe countries getting that.

It only makes since because here in the U.S we can not only take them to court but counter sue them for more money than what was originally taken.

I remember when PayPal settled a class action lawsuit back in 2016 for doing improper account holds they had to shell out $440.00 USD extra to each account that qualified for that and that was just for limiting accounts for no reason and paying that amount for that.

PayPal has to realize that this damages policy I'm going to take all your money is way, way worse.

It will be very interesting to see if they keep doing it because it's immoral and unethical.
I can see this possibly turning into a major crap storm for them if enough people and lawyers get involved, and this blows up in the media.

PayPal won't be so "trusted" by sellers in the public eye, giving another company enough reason to compete.

This needs to get big, though.
Old 02-02-2020

Paypal is now up to a point that cannot be reversed. We can now sue them
Old 02-02-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret storm View Post
Immoral or unethical? You're talking about a corporation here. CEOs would sell their mother into slavery for a few bucks. Also in the US and much of the world Multinationals have gotten huge, have corrupted the system and rigged it in their favor. Paypal was a big donor to trump. Just follow the money trail:
Old 02-03-2020

I lose another 3200K today
Old 02-03-2020

Longevity: 37%

This happened to me as well. Fortunately, it was only $594.27, which was transferred to PayPal on December 27.

I'm going to be in touch with a senator I know who's on the senate banking committee. I'm going to contact my state senators as well.
Old 02-04-2020

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Nobody is taking any legal action, we all know that.
Actually we are.

While these are all preliminary, 1st case could be filed in Singapore for PayPal SEA Operations. Another case maybe filed in MA and for the bulk of us we're still on standby. The bulk of us will likely form in a group and it looks paypal maybe doing this to thousands of people so this is going to end up being a major lawsuit.

Last edited by Wesker; 02-04-2020 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-04-2020

I have read a lot and I am now, confined to the ideas that you want me, many people did not notice that Paypal prohibits the sale of many products, for example:

IPTV
clone clothing
Some of advertiser companies
etc..

However, I reviewed some sites that some people have shared here, and concluded the following

Paypal did not take all the money, accounts are 180 days, they take accounts that do not have real information, and accounts that are not legally authenticated

Some accounts may be fully documented and legal, but the seller violated some conditions and therefore the violation policy was applied to him,

To say the following: Paypal did not give notice of a violation of the terms of acceptable use, and did not inform its users of that, many surprised that his money was stolen, and all the preceding is very important for us to understand it well, that Paypal did not give notice to users of this, when we go to the court the lawyer will say you have not read Politics of the site, your case against them is rejected, we must stop us a little and understand that information completely
We must know when the law was applied and whether it was applied in the past years or Paypal applied the law at the end of 2019, so we must understand some points in order to sue them and we can get our money back, we must be clear some here are an illegal seller I know but the law has been applied to it Retrospectively and has an opportunity to get his money back, if a class case is brought against them
We all have to know that Paypal is a huge company, and worship money. Therefore, we must have accuracy, we cannot prosecute Paypal, and our information is inaccurate, we must be clear, some people here are illegal and I know quite well, and I repeat they have an opportunity To get their money back, this is reliable, but the International Court wants a collective case

In any case, I will complete the court procedures tomorrow. I will inform you in any news .
Old 02-04-2020

PayPal has apparently done this sort of thing before and settled a class-action lawsuit over it:

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...checks-mailed/

I just contacted one of the firms that represented the class in this case. We'll see if they return my call.
Old 02-04-2020

Hello .

We will be, in the case, a team work, so that all who are present now, they must form groups and start joint work, we will recover all our money and I am absolutely sure we will win the case 100%

please share this message to all forums I will share also
Old 02-04-2020

carnagearms, what state are you in? please keep us updated about your efforts. i am going to contact my state's AG - I'm in MA
Old 02-04-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by raseiro View Post
carnagearms, what state are you in? please keep us updated about your efforts. i am going to contact my state's AG - I'm in MA
I'm in Virginia.
Old 02-05-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnagearms View Post
PayPal has apparently done this sort of thing before and settled a class-action lawsuit over it:

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...checks-mailed/

I just contacted one of the firms that represented the class in this case. We'll see if they return my call.
Seems to me that with class action lawsuit we would only get a small fraction of what we lost. Look at the last class action lawsuit against PP. thoughts?
Old 02-05-2020

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Like I said, nobody is taking legal action.
In other news, the Singapore case was reportedly filed yesterday and the court will serve paypal with the notice shortly here.

Last edited by Wesker; 02-05-2020 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-05-2020

the case should be group