anyone else in the UK had packages seized by customs this week? - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

^^^tesco selling vero lol

naughty naughty tesco

right....thats it,im going to sainsburys from now on
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-15-2011

Longevity: 80%

Hi , just a quick note to say that i have lost my last 7 parcels all from China by EMS 2 have managed to get through but the others all to different names and addresses got seaized thenhad the letters trickle through, Does anyone know for sure if there is a new crackdown or are specific items being targetted? this time last year EVERYTHING got through but this summer virtually nothing gets past the customs.i asked the suppliers to try and use different parcels but that didnt seem to work , I wonder whether they now scan every ems box over a certain size? my items are instantly recongisable through a scan, is it worth sending by someone other than EMS ? aNY IDEAS PLEASE.
Old 06-15-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 75%

Jonny your gona have to come clean mate and say what your selling. I've had 6 past week, all clear. 1 was a meds box too opened by customs. Your item must be at the top of the customs stop list.
Old 06-15-2011

Longevity: 76%
Send a message via MSN to stealthmaster

If you take notice of "eBay's" court cases you would know that "eBay" are getting fined big time, because of people importing ⊗⊗⊗⊗/VERO items from China. Plus I think UK customs did get pretty lax in there operations, and of course trying to stop such merchandise pass through like they did. I've had problems with sellers from China not filling out the "Declaration" forms in wrong, if you give a reason for customs to stop your parcel they will. Especially if it's coming in via EMS 99.9% of sellers from China use this service and it's a popular and cheaper method for the sellers to send products. Take a tip if you do your homework properly you won't have any comebacks, if you act like a complete "Noob" you will get burned it's as simple as that. Or in extreme cases don't import from China at all.

Stealth master
Old 06-16-2011

Longevity: 80%

basically everything that has been stopped has been sunglasses
Old 06-16-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytwoscoops View Post
basically everything that has been stopped has been sunglasses
Their 100% scanning packages then mate. I have a similar product that is easy to identify by scan and its super hard to get it through.
Old 06-16-2011

The simple answer is to stop selling f-a-k-e goods then isn't it? You were probably banned from eB in the first place because of this reason, so it's not a good idea to keep selling counterfeit items.
Old 06-16-2011

Longevity: 89%

When i first started on ebay, i used to sell items that were from China. I was naive and thought "oh my god" thier is so much profit and carry on. One day one of my package was seized from customs, i phoned them up so see what was the problem, thier told me the item are phake. I was puzzled and confused, i said how that can be..the item are authentic since i had no idea that when a trademark is put on any item, either on a box or item it is illegal. The customs were helpful and put me through trademark department who gave me so much info about these trademark issue. I thanked them for thier help and they knew that i was telling the truth since i was intrested not to make this mistake. Dumbo has me did not know china can phake every item.
I stop importing goods from China for along time. I started recently but with a different outlook. I know my items are authentic since i read upon so much of this and get it checked.
I would never ever get items from China without knowing the source.
If people know that thier items are phake and think they are getting away with it, then thier are bigger fools...no one is safe these days....and why risk it for extra cash...is it that worth it. I had a good escape. Not everyone gets this chance.

STOP SELLING PHAKES, NOT WORTH ONE SECOND OF IT!!!!!
I know thier are genuine sellers on this forum...so please do not think i am saying everyone...

Last edited by eternity4u; 06-16-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-17-2011

Nothing wrong with getting items from China. Everything is made there, real or 'not' real.
Old 06-17-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Did you actually know, that 50% of the time, the only difference between "real" and "not real" is using the proper distribution channel? I'm not talking about knock off handbags and the such, but things like t shirts etc. This is where they are actually made, the only difference is you are missing out the whole (costly) UK supply chain.
Old 06-17-2011

@ Littlemorestealth, let me guess, you love shopping on dhgate don't you?
Old 06-17-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Ha ha not a chance. DHGate is for beginners. I have my own personal shopper in China.. :P
Old 06-17-2011

I guess more than 50% items are f a k e on eBay & eBay is very much aware of this fact.. that's how they are making billions naughty..naughty...eBay ;-)
Old 06-19-2011

Customs are in the middle of a severe crackdown right now. All Airports and sea ports have introduced a new regime. It probably will not last but 'pressure' from the top has forced this.

Lots of overtime is being earned.

If you are importing, Vero or not, you are more likely to get looked at right now than a month ago. 'Straight' stuff is not a problem - everything else is right now.

I met a friend in London yesterday who told me he now spends more time getting checked by customs when he comes through (He's an international lorry driver) the sea ports than he ever has. There is all sorts of new equipment being introduced and documentation is being closely scrutinised. I think it safe to assume the airports will be doing similar. Xrays and scanners can be a problem for everyone importing.

It seems the west coast of the UK has little customs presence at this time.
Old 06-19-2011

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannytranny View Post
Customs are in the middle of a severe crackdown right now. All Airports and sea ports have introduced a new regime. It probably will not last but 'pressure' from the top has forced this.

Lots of overtime is being earned.

If you are importing, Vero or not, you are more likely to get looked at right now than a month ago. 'Straight' stuff is not a problem - everything else is right now.

I met a friend in London yesterday who told me he now spends more time getting checked by customs when he comes through (He's an international lorry driver) the sea ports than he ever has. There is all sorts of new equipment being introduced and documentation is being closely scrutinised. I think it safe to assume the airports will be doing similar. Xrays and scanners can be a problem for everyone importing.

It seems the west coast of the UK has little customs presence at this time.
Hope it dies down!
Old 06-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar_123 View Post
Hope it dies down!
Me too - we buy a lot of wine, vodka and other stuff from him. Right now he wont bring more than his allowance through as he is frightened of losing his lorry. His wife told me she had never seen him so worried, it's almost as if they are looking for something specific.

Because I'm paranoid my first thought was terrorist but who knows?

Old 06-19-2011

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannytranny View Post
Me too - we buy a lot of wine, vodka and other stuff from him. Right now he wont bring more than his allowance through as he is frightened of losing his lorry. His wife told me she had never seen him so worried, it's almost as if they are looking for something specific.

Because I'm paranoid my first thought was terrorist but who knows?

For me its MS software, I'm trying to think how effective scanners would be at picking that stuff up.
Old 06-20-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Just had a parcel inspected by Customs through DHL. No word from customs yet though, it's probably lost. And yes it's VeRo, Ohwell!
The Following User Says Thank You to Themightycrow For This Useful Post:
scodge (06-28-2011)
Old 06-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar_123 View Post
For me its MS software, I'm trying to think how effective scanners would be at picking that stuff up.
I'd imagine that replica software would be high up on their priority list. How much did you order?
Old 06-20-2011

Send a message via MSN to stealthmaster

Don't worry people there's more seizures like this for anyone who's contemplating in importing "⊗⊗⊗⊗/VERO" items, although if you want to really lose your money import "Counterfeit" "Microsoft" items. "DH Gate" a big "No" "No"!!!.
Old 06-21-2011

Longevity: 82%

how do you know if an item is siezed? ive had some items shipped over from china using ems, and i usually track it using parcelforce website however, since 2 days ago when i enter the tracking number, the tracking information is not retriveable, however 4-5 days ago i was perfectlty able to track the package?

i arecently had 2 packages delivered to same address without any problems. its just this third package something has gone wrong.

so i wanted to know how do you know the package is siezed?
Old 06-21-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy View Post
how do you know if an item is siezed? ive had some items shipped over from china using ems, and i usually track it using parcelforce website however, since 2 days ago when i enter the tracking number, the tracking information is not retriveable, however 4-5 days ago i was perfectlty able to track the package?

i arecently had 2 packages delivered to same address without any problems. its just this third package something has gone wrong.

so i wanted to know how do you know the package is siezed?
It will change to "Held by Customs". I've had it happen but I've not had a tracking number disappear.
Closed Thread