Sorry, prepaid cards can't be used for identity confirmation. Please use a valid cred - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-14-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitwaves View Post
Has anyone attempted to use graphcard.com?
They claim to be able to let you generate virtual cards with virtual billing addresses.

But I have contacted them and contacted them and they never ever respond to any communication. Their phone number is never answered, it's only a voicemial box that they never respond to.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-14-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Now, A few people have said Simons are still working for paypal. I'm also not understanding where tripleflip's problem is.
Old 06-14-2009

Longevity: 87%

Thanks for your response Lakeman.

So it seems they are hit and miss and I got lucky. Does make you hesitate to buy more Simon though as there may be a better gift card solution out there that "will work" rather than "might work". lol.

And to confirm "experienced" Stealth account creators have had Simon fail? Its easy for new folks to make a mistake causing the failure then spread word they are not working.

Hope all are having a rocking weekend!
Old 06-14-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 97%

We're not having the problem with paypal. At least i didn't. This problem occures when you're listing your first item on ebay and ebay is asking you how you would like to pay for seller fees. You have 3 options. Credit card (which we all used), Paypal, and bank account. If you enter simon CC it says "sorry, prepaid cards can't be used for identity confirmation, please use a valid...."

Alright, now someone please pm me some virtual card that still works please...
The Following User Says Thank You to tripleflip18 For This Useful Post:
aspkin (06-21-2009)
Old 06-14-2009

Triple,

I have used "pay with Paypal" on half of my accounts as the default for ebay payment (have 8 stealth accounts presently live) and have not had problems at all with suspensions or concerns from ebay. Have only even been called by ebay once, after listing more than 10 items on a new account the first day. So this appears to be working just fine for me.

Is this a mistake and not something I should be doing? advice is appreciated, as I don't want to screw up my progress.
Old 06-14-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Based on your statement, it appears your ebay acct is not yet verified so you can't use a prepaid card to pay your fees (YET).

Have I defined the immediate problem accurately? If not, the disregard the remainder of my post.

After you are verified, you should be able to pay your fees with a prepaid card. For now, you should be able to pay your fees from your PP account, direct debit, or valid CC.

Some or all of those options for paying fees may not be options YOU find advantageous. But let's have a clear perspective of the problem in general, first.

Being that you can't list until you are verified, you won't have any fees to pay. So setting up payment of fees is secondary. You need to verify for ebay to let you begin selling.

If you have a standard Visa Credit Card (not check card, not uranium, osmium, or even platinum) try using that to verify this one time. If the card has your "previous" address and not the current updated address that ebay has, you might run into trouble. If the card name doesn't match the ebay name due to you just getting married or becoming a hollywood star and have changed your name... you shouldn't have a problem with the credit card. *MOST* standard credit cards only confirm against address and zip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleflip18 View Post
This problem occures when you're listing your first item on ebay and ebay is asking you how you would like to pay for seller fees. You have 3 options. Credit card (which we all used), Paypal, and bank account. If you enter simon CC it says "sorry, prepaid cards can't be used for identity confirmation, please use a valid...."

Alright, now someone please pm me some virtual card that still works please...
Old 06-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

Hey everyone, I was just taking the time to read over this important thread about the PP CC's, which is a very important topic to all of us, but what stood out to me, as far as our replies go, is what 'Vicvelcro' said, and that was...."But many prepaids are dead to VERIFY the PP now. Some still work, but many do not. Of the ones that do, let us speak softly and not openly."
It's the last 7 words of his quote above. To speak softy and not too openly. Anyway, I thought it was worth a reply myself because it is very important. Thanks!
h2o proof
The Following User Says Thank You to waterproof For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2009

Longevity: 95%

I have not had any issues verfiying paypal with cards they all seemed to work. But for ebay well my gift2go cards no longer work but i have not tried any others. Its best to post all the non working cards so we wont waste time and money getting them and keep the working cards that we find to are selfs
Old 06-14-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboykilla View Post
I have not had any issues verfiying paypal with cards they all seemed to work. But for ebay well my gift2go cards no longer work but i have not tried any others. Its best to post all the non working cards so we wont waste time and money getting them and keep the working cards that we find to are selfs
Yes, please post the ones that don't work. I can confirm that Simon Giftaccount card doesn't work.
Old 06-14-2009

Longevity: 98%

Visa Gift Card Mall does not work.
Old 06-15-2009

Longevity: 90%
Default Hello

Can someone PM me to let me know which cards still work?

Thanks.
Old 06-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 91%

There are some cards that are working. I just opened 2 new accts today using them. If anyone posts them in public I hope the board mods delete them right away. This will cause serious problems to some of us if eBay closes this loophole completely. Only pass the info off to people we trust.
Old 06-16-2009

Longevity: 86%
Default I think my problem is relatively simple.

Hello, I am new to this and I was never actually banned by eBay. Here is my question. My and my girlfriend split up and our account was closed. I currently am without any funds, but I have things to sell. I have opened a new ebay and paypal in my name. When I went to confirm I used a vanilla visa to confirm the paypal and it told me it was linked. When I tried to use the same card for eBay it said pre-paids not allowed. I really need to get an account set up to begin selling so I can pay next month's rent. I am just trying to cheat my way around the having to have a credit card and bank account thing. Someone please help.
Old 06-17-2009

Default paypal without a bank account

Can you use PP without a bank account?
The Following User Says Thank You to learnapprentice For This Useful Post:
sleepyboyz (06-18-2009)
Old 06-17-2009

Can someone PM me what would work? I know the giftcardmall doesn't work anymore.
Old 06-18-2009

I am going to get some prepaid cards from my local bank "BOC" tml, going to test if it's work with any of my us ebay account/PayPal.
Old 06-21-2009

any update on this? Please PM me what cards will work.
Old 06-22-2009

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by limitthis View Post
any update on this? Please PM me what cards will work.
Vanilla Visa Gift Cards did NOT work for pp verifiaction, also Gift2go also no good, can someone pm me something for pp verify?
Old 06-23-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Bank prepaid cards do not work. I tried those already. Pm me for the right one.
Old 06-23-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Hi, Mydeluxcard DOESN'T WORK.
Old 06-28-2009

Longevity: 91%

FYI

Choosing the "add a bank account" option to get verified for a seller account doesnt work. You are STILL required to add a credit card as "backup funding".

My new debit card was taking too long to come in the mail, so I added my paypal account and got verified that way.

So really there are only two options to get verified for a seller account. Either find a credit card that works or add your paypal.
Old 06-29-2009

hi so Simon gift cards are obsolete? i just opened two extra checking accounts in my own name will these work?