L.L.C. creation & suggestions (sensitive) - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-19-2009
Vicvelcro

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%

Now gurus is catching on.

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-19-2009

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via MSN to gurusgrafx Send a message via Yahoo to gurusgrafx

^^^^^^ catching on???? shooot I learned this long ago. lol you know how many ebay accounts I've gone through?? lol.
Old 06-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by now View Post

You know if all this works I wont have to carry 11 phones anymore for fear of missing a paypal call, lol. No more swerving across lanes of traffic in a panic trying to discover which phone is ringing, and who I am supposed to be, before it stops ringing. Does it get much better than that?

Seriously you guys are awesome!
I do all my transfers at the same time within a 1 hour span. The Paypal verification calls only come within about an hour of your transfer anyway. After that, you don't need to worry till the next day.

I screwed up today with one of my tracfones. It ran out of days and I didn't realize it till right after the transfer. I ran up to rite aid at the corner to buy more minutes and got back to see I was limited 3 minutes before my return. DAMN! Well, fortunately, I was able to remove the limitation with just talking to the rep. No docs even. Sometimes you get lucky...
Old 06-20-2009
Vicvelcro

These are all valid and good points. But it isn't the end of the story...

Your real name will be linked to the entity for as long as you are a participant in the entity. If you sell your interest to another party (a trust perhaps), you are no longer associated.

A note about that: while you are associated, it is public record. Anyone who inquires - will be informed.

Your SS# is required when forming the corp and when obtaining the EIN.

When asked to provide SS# for things such as credit applications, the SS# can be the number of ANY principle party. Those applications are considered optional and elective. They do not disclose your info to outside parties. And the number is for file reference. Way back when, credit bureaus decided that SS#'s being unique, would be a good number to base a credit file upon. That is the only reason it began that way. Any 9 digit unique number will do the job.

A corporation whose principal parties is composed of non-persons won't have an SS# to contribute. Thus, if you are the only principal party, you offer your own SS# to the bank.

But in the case of many corporations (let's say the Heinz food group), who's SS# is on the corporate bank account?

If one of the principal parties happens to be an LLC named Roger Hammersmith, and you provide Roger's EIN...

You are only obligated to provide an SS# for personal bank accounts and any interest bearing investment. For corporate checking, there are alternatives to giving a principle SS#.

There are exceptions (usually well hidden) which provide for alternatives. I will not elaborate any further on the details for reasons OBVIOUS to many of us in here.

I'm trying to convey that there are other answers, beneath the obvious. And if you only read the bold print, you don't learn the tips and secrets in the fine print of the back pages.

Your efforts and the difficulties along the way to achieving your level of 'comfort' depend on how much anonymity you need.
Old 06-20-2009

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Now gurus is catching on.

LOL Vic! Where and how do you find all this funny stuff?!
Old 07-15-2009
Vicvelcro

Well, I've run a few B&M's in my day and I like my privacy. There's a book I read a number of years ago which details MUCH. I'll PM you a link, if you want it.
Old 08-16-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 85%

Well guys I've much enjoyed reading so far. I'm trying to figure out a to-do list got getting a dba set up for use with paypal. After I get the ein through the treasury, and register for the dba, can I use my blacklisted address for the dba? Is it something paypal will get to see? I want to be as legit as possible and get a paypal set up I don't have to be scared about
Old 08-16-2009
Vicvelcro

PP would see the address on the DBA if you ever send them a copy of the document.
Old 08-16-2009

Longevity: 90%

Can I get a PM for the link of that fantabulous book?
Old 08-17-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Vic,
So if I change up my address a tiny bit (my address is a school - so I'm sure there are a few registered here..it starts with 3000 so if I put something like..3010...will that work?), I can register a DBA/EIN and be set with that as long as the IP and phone is unlinked? That way I can have all the docs, provide a EIN as opposed to a SSN, and of course submit in some of my real invoices ..and I shouldn't face many problems for long?
Old 08-17-2009
Vicvelcro

I can't promise how they will react to the address similarity and the possibility that others use something similar.

In all other respects, you would be fine. Just remember the psychology factor. If you aren't confident, you will project that lack of confidence.

DBA is thin. By itself it helps, but not a lot. LLC by itself has CLOUT! Combine the two and you are GOLDEN.

When you file the papers and all is complete, YOUR BUSINESS IS OFFICIAL. So, with LLC/DBA/EIN, you are solid. Act like it. It's real. And it insulates you.
Old 08-17-2009

Longevity: 90%

What is the total cost of filing for DBA and LLC in the states?
Old 08-17-2009
Vicvelcro

The cost varies by location. DBA is usually $50-$225 and LLC $99-$499. It depends on if you self-file or if you have it done professionally.
Old 08-20-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 93%
Default Need some help with the whole DBA thing....

Hello everyone, if you've ever seen my posts my biggest issue was always turning a stealth account into a legit business. Well with our new methods it's time to start doing that.

I have a UPS store box ready and I plan to register for my EIN and LLC shortly but I am little confused about the DBA.

Should I open an LLC under a company name and then assign a DBA to it and use the DBA name for Paypal/Ebay or would the correct thing to do be opening an LLC with a persons name and using that as the name for Paypal/Ebay? If it is the latter, what purpose does the DBA serve exactly? Is the DBA required for opening a bank account/debit card usable with Paypal/Ebay?

Thank you in advance for any help!

-Francis
Old 08-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Francis

This thread is current and will have the best info for you. Read thro' it and post questions there. Thaat way everything can be together.

I merged the threads.
Old 08-22-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisK View Post
Hello everyone, if you've ever seen my posts my biggest issue was always turning a stealth account into a legit business. Well with our new methods it's time to start doing that.

I have a UPS store box ready and I plan to register for my EIN and LLC shortly but I am little confused about the DBA.

Should I open an LLC under a company name and then assign a DBA to it and use the DBA name for Paypal/Ebay or would the correct thing to do be opening an LLC with a persons name and using that as the name for Paypal/Ebay? If it is the latter, what purpose does the DBA serve exactly? Is the DBA required for opening a bank account/debit card usable with Paypal/Ebay?

Thank you in advance for any help!

-Francis

anyone....anyone....bueller......
Old 08-25-2009

Paypal choose=DBA or Corp?

Give copy of IRS papers w/EIN?

Give voided check or bank statement?

And WTF is up with the non-profit papers they sent? They said that this is how it is & to ignore? Standard or skewed?

Oh BTW the book is appreciated.Thank you.

Last edited by Sacajawea; 08-25-2009 at 12:44 AM. Reason: thanks!
Old 08-25-2009

Now they email me from an employees name & want a business model.
Hmmm...anyone experience this?
Old 08-26-2009
Vicvelcro

General tip to everyone:
Give the corp name, not the dba. The dba is between you and your bank.

Specific to recent posts:
They are asking for the business model etc because they have the impression you are a larger corp than you want them to think. I suggest finding a generic business model, then modify it a bit to suit your needs. Submit that when you are ready.

The non-profit stuff is standard. If it does not apply in your case, disregard it. Some non-profits do take donations via PP, so that's why they include the document. No worry.

Just to restate:
There is no reason to be sneaky with providing corp info. Anyone trying to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ being incorporated is looking at this all wrong. MAKE it for real. Get the bank acct and everything proper. Then there is no problem giving them the statements and official docs needed.

Small sellers are less likely to need the benefits afforded to LLC, and the expense is a bit unwarranted. For larger sellers, the cost of setting up (couple hundred bucks) will be recovered in one or two sales, so don't skimp or try to cut corners.

It is counter-productive to over-do the stealth. The corp shield provides plenty of personal anonymity. If people get paranoid about this method and try to be too secretive, PP will 'up' the requirements and proofs. So don't think like a crackhead. Think like a professional.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
SevnSins (10-13-2009), TigerLord (09-20-2009)
Old 08-31-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

What I'm planning on doing is making a paypal under a LLC with an EIN, then linking it ONLY through cartmanager.net. I think that would mean I have to submit a merchant statement. I'm not up to 30 yet on any of my accounts, but I think thats the point I can finally fax in a merchant statement..
Old 08-31-2009

Longevity: 95%

Would a DBA be enough for a new stealth account, or to beat the ssn limitation, I need an LLC to get an EIN?
Old 08-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Nope, you need the LLC to get the EIN as it gives an extra layer against the SSN
(if correctly handled)
SECondplaygames (08-31-2009)